Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Cigarettes... the new target for stupidity?! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is worse, alcohol or cigarettes?
  Alcohol!
  Tobacco!
  They're both the devil!
  Neither! In fact, I do both!
  Neither, I don't really care!
  I have no opinion, I'll just follow everyone else... damn I want gold.
View Results

Nothing_Without_Hate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:02 pm
Has this ever happened to you? You're at a party, go to light a cigarette, and someone has a HUGE s**t-fit about you smoking. It wouldn't be so bad, but the person who is bitching is either drunk or on their way! This makes me quite pissed. If you hate people who are 'killing themselves' with cigarettes, why do you get shitfaced and puke on alcohol every ******** weekend? It makes no sense to me. Anyone else have an opinion on this? Stories?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:12 pm
To tell the truth, I hate it when people smoke it's bad for everyone. but I understand that some people aren't able to quit. Same for drinking but that's not as horrible for the environment. I don't mind people who drink or smoke once in a while as long as it's not too much.

Dearest Darling`

[ D i z z y ! ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:19 pm
Considering you can't passout and die from an overdose of smoking (though it might make you feel really weird if you smoked like, 3 packs in an hour) unlike alchohol, who's stupid now, huh?

Sure smoking gives you black lung, cancer, rotted teeth, whatever, but I think the media trys to scare us way too much. They totally distort the real facts on smoking to try and get us off of it. At least if you smoke too much, you still have all of your mental capacity left. Unlike drinking. Drinking means puking and dizziness and feeling like crap and driving and then running over kids. Smoking is just... smoking.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:25 pm
Drinking also slaughters those poor, defenseless brain cells. cool  

Nothing_Without_Hate

BlairyFairy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:28 pm
I think smoking is worse than drinking. Smoking can kill you very easily, and it affects others. Sure drinking IF you get drunk, thats an if, can be dangerous but thats getting drunk, if your smart enough you wont get drunk but smoking...even if your not "high" if accects people, it hurts you and it's just horrible.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:29 pm
Thanks for your opinions!  

Nothing_Without_Hate

Seanna

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:03 pm
both are horrible, but smoking for me is worse. I can't stand the smell or sight of it. And people who get drunk just make themselves look stupid. But your liver at least can rebuild itself, your lungs can't.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:02 pm
I'll throw a fit when ever anyone lights a cigarette in my presence.
If they don't put it out, I'll end up throwing my stomache contents on them.
Half the time, even if they do, I still will.
I'm allergic to cigarette smoke.
I have never tasted alchohol, but drunks frighten me. You can't predict them. Their minds are all fuzzy to me.  

Sulhir

-Hel the Reaper-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:14 pm
I'm not going to make a huge deal if someone is smoking near me, I'll probably just move. But god do I hate it, it reeks and it hangs in the air and then the smell gets on your clothes. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:29 pm
Nothing_Without_Hate
Drinking also slaughters those poor, defenseless brain cells. cool

Speaking as a Biology Major: Here is my opinion.

There is no benfit in doing either - in my opinion ... equally unfortunate events that a person deems they need.

I'll start with smoking: Smoking will eliminate cilia(tiny hair like extensions of cell membranes)which remove mucus up and away frok your lungs ... extended periods of smoking results in a pooling of mucus in the lower respiratory tree.

It also increases the frequency of Neumonia and COPD(Cronic obstructive pulmonary disease)

Alcohol - more serious. The problem with alcohol on the CNS and PNS(Centeral and Peripheral Nervous Systems)respectively, is that alcohol reduces brain size, signs of senile dementia may also be exhibited unrealted to the aging process. This should be noted as a result of Chronic Alcoholism. The occasion drink with the guys/girls .. can result in neurons destruction. This is serious considering the amitoticness of neurons(the loss of an ability to divide) You are born with a set number of neurons ... you do not get more. So .. as you drink your bottle of beer - you are slowly driving yourself to senile demntia.

Hope this helps any arguement in the future. I am against both!  

Mttin

Sulhir

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:03 pm
pnumonia*
lol
But everything else is a okay with spellcheck!
Bio major eek intimidating.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:00 pm
Personally I don't care for the smell of smoke. It makes me feel rather nausious, but then again I don't really go to parties much either since I don't drink as a rule of thumb.

Hmm. Here is a good thought though for you. Alchohol is flamible, so I really wouldn't recomend lighting up in a crowd of beers and liquor to begin with. Call it parinoa or common sense or whatever else you wish, but why would you play with fire around something flamible like that? Just a stray thought.

Overall though, it is nice to be curtious around other people, you never know who has allergies in all honesty.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

maeve_wickett

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:40 pm
I get sick when I'm around cigarette smoke...probably because my dad was a smoker. I hate cigarettes and I hate people who smoke them just to "be cool" or fit in...that's just retarded. My last boyfriend was like that. I don't mind people who do it to calm their nerves or just because it feels good, though I wish they wouldn't do it. I drink, but I don't get drunk; alcohol is alright in moderation (once again, I hate people who brag about how drunk that get; they're attention whores who are obviously a little insecure about themselves). On the other hand, if your heart has been broken, your dreams have been crashed, or a loved one has died...sometimes the world looks clearer through the bottom of a bottle.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:42 pm
I prefer cutting.  

Sulhir

maeve_wickett

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:44 pm
lurichan

Hmm. Here is a good thought though for you. Alchohol is flamible, so I really wouldn't recomend lighting up in a crowd of beers and liquor to begin with. Call it parinoa or common sense or whatever else you wish, but why would you play with fire around something flamible like that? Just a stray thought.

lol; that's a funny thought  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces