Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Snagem Research Facility
The Restricted Library (Legend Capture/Hybrid Missions Here)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:33 pm
Deep under Team Snagem is a library filled with many ancient books, scrolls, and other artifacts which tell stories and myths involving legendary and mythical Pokemon. All information ever discovered on these Pokemon is found here. The library is normally kept sealed tight and only those with clearance are allowed to enter. Members are allowed in here in order to gain information on how to capture a Legendary Pokemon or become a Legendary Hybrid. Choose wisely though, as the path you took may lead you to ruin.

(RP your character here searching for information on the legendary Pokemon you want to capture or become a hybrid of and an admin will respond to you with a mission to gain that Pokemon or become that hybrid.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:08 pm
Lykas walked into the library and started to look around. He'd already left on a journey once with the intention of getting his hands on a Phione but the end result had been nothing of value and a lot of money spent during the last year. Maybe with Sub's resources, he'd found more and the hybrid would be able to get his hands on it, himself.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:10 pm
Kaya entered into the library a while after Lykas in search of information of his own. He had decided it was time to start training properly. Having learned to use his body like he could before, he wanted to start learning to use the power of his Pokemon side, which he simply couldn't seem to muster, no matter how hard he tried. "Maybe I shouldn't be looking for a Fairy-type master?" He wondered aloud after a moment.

It didn't matter to him in the long-run, though. He simply thought that a master of the Fairy-type might be able to teach him to use the mystical power of the Pokemon of the same type more accurately than anyone else.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:35 am
Requiem of Whyspers
Kaya entered into the library a while after Lykas in search of information of his own. He had decided it was time to start training properly. Having learned to use his body like he could before, he wanted to start learning to use the power of his Pokemon side, which he simply couldn't seem to muster, no matter how hard he tried. "Maybe I shouldn't be looking for a Fairy-type master?" He wondered aloud after a moment.

It didn't matter to him in the long-run, though. He simply thought that a master of the Fairy-type might be able to teach him to use the mystical power of the Pokemon of the same type more accurately than anyone else.

"Need some help?" Sub asked as he turned the corner around the bookshelf to greet the new hybrid. "So have you gotten used to your new body? Been awhile since you transformed so I would assume you can at least move all your limbs. From what I've seen Steel hybrids always have it the hardest transitioning, that new skin is just plan uncomfortable." He explained as he picked a book off of the shelf.

"Fairy Master huh? You know, I actually read a legend once about someone you could consider a master of the Fairy type. Care to hear the story? Kind of a long one." He admitted as he flipped through the pages.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:56 pm
"If you mean 'Titania, Queen of the Fairies', I think I've heard that one. But continue anyway because I get the feeling you're not thinking of an actual fairy tale here." Kaya replied once his heart stopped pounding in his throat. Sub's sudden appearance had nearrly scared the life out of him. How did he do that, anyway?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:32 pm
"Long ago, during a time of great turmoil, there lived a man named Sucellus. He was a kind man who loved all equally, and unconditionally. Legend has it that he was abandoned in the forest as a newborn child by his young mother. The local Fairy Pokemon took him in as one of their own and raised him in the forest. The legend also says that Xerneas, the guardian of all life, took an interest in the boy, having awoken from his slumber after having seen a vision of a terrible future. With Xerneas's blessings the Fairies raised the boy to become a powerful channeler, to protect the forest and life in Xerneas's steed, he was a vassal to the legendary Pokemon." Sub explained, opening the book to show Kaya a few pictures pertaining his story.

"As he grew older, the man would discover his purpose, the vision Xerneas had seen. A terrible war broke out as a man wielding the power over darkness rose up, amassed an army, and set out to conquer the world. The various other Channelers and hybrids banded together to stand up to the Dark Conqueror. This alliance appeared before Sucellus and pleaded for him to join their cause, to help save the world from darkness. He refused." At this point he had to stop to take in a deep breath.

"Sucellus attempted to completely stay out of the war, but as time went on the casualties continued to increase. The loss of life hurt him deeply. No longer able to ignore the death around him Sucellus roamed the battlefield s and began to heal the injured on both sides, even the forces of the Dark One. Once the alliance learned that he was healing the enemy as well the labeled him as a traitor to peace. And of course the dark forces showed no thanks, they continued to exploit his kindness all while destroying his forest for lumber." With that said Sub closed the book and put it down on a nearby table.

"The poor Channeler was shunned by all of those he worked so hard to save. History doesn't say what happened to Sucellus, the allies searched for him so that they could make him pay for aiding the enemy. Even the Dark One searched for him, wanting to make him into his slave, and yet no one knew where he disappeared to. The war destroyed his forest, his home. All traces of Sucellus had disappeared, and his name faded away into the throws of time. However, there is a legend that says Sucellus still lives, that his home still exists, the man having used almost all his power to seal it away from the rest of the world, the Channeler having turned his back on the world that shunned him." With that said Sub walked over to a nearby wall and pointed to a spot on a map of Kalos.

"That forest? Is believed to have been right here, where Laverre City stands. The legend says there is a way to get to Sucellus's Forest from here. And that the tree, which the gym is built into, is the key. A family of Fairy users was sworn to protect that tree, the gateway to his forest, followers of Sucellus's teachings. Valerie is a member of that family. I can't say if she even knows anything about Sucellus or that fabled forest where even Xerneas hails from, it has been over a thousand years. However, she would be your best bet. Seek out Valerie and question her on the tree." Sub told Kaya.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:44 pm
Kaya nodded in understanding at several points throughout Sub's tale, crossing his arms as he listened. After he finished, the hybrid would nod a final time and grin, it giving him a creepy look as it contrasted the expressionless mask covering the upper half of his face.

"It figures Valerie would have something to do with this. That town of hers reeks of Fairy energy. You get anywhere near there with the ability to sense it and it just stands out against the landscape like a broken finger." He said as he looked at his belt to decide which of his Pokemon he should bring along. For the moment, he decided on just his Fairy-types. They were likely to be the only ones capable of entering Sucellus' domain if it did exist and they were able to get there, anyway.

"So I guess I'll be heading out, then? Thanks for the info, Sub; Oh, master of the million tales." He said before turning to walk out of the room, his destination in mind now.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:41 pm
Beneath Team Snagem's base, Sterling Grey, better known as Odd, was browsing through the library. He wasn't reading names. Or books for that matter. He seemed to just be looking for something like pictures in these old tomes. Just one, even if a simple sketch, would tell him he'd found one worth struggling with. He was trying to find information, of course, but how much could one find without a developed ability to read?  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:44 pm
Requiem of Whyspers
Beneath Team Snagem's base, Sterling Grey, better known as Odd, was browsing through the library. He wasn't reading names. Or books for that matter. He seemed to just be looking for something like pictures in these old tomes. Just one, even if a simple sketch, would tell him he'd found one worth struggling with. He was trying to find information, of course, but how much could one find without a developed ability to read?

"Never figured I would see you of all people down here one day, no offense." Sub said as he entered the library and approached Odd. He knew about Odd's lack of ability to read so it was surprising to see him in a place where there is little to do but read. "What can I help you find?" He asked.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:45 pm
Odd jumped at the sound of Sub's voice. How could that man manage to scare someone who has literally gone through Hell to get where he is now? Regaining his composure, Odd turned to face the Snagem leader. "Well....I heard about a Pokemon from Unova once. A really really rare one. Some say it's just a myth, it's so rarely seen. Called Meloetta." He explained. "I was hoping maybe you had collected some information about it down here but.....all I have to help me look is pictures and there aren't many down here that have any." He admitted, chagrined by his inability to read. Dyselxia was most definitely his greatest weakness.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:42 am
Requiem of Whyspers
Odd jumped at the sound of Sub's voice. How could that man manage to scare someone who has literally gone through Hell to get where he is now? Regaining his composure, Odd turned to face the Snagem leader. "Well....I heard about a Pokemon from Unova once. A really really rare one. Some say it's just a myth, it's so rarely seen. Called Meloetta." He explained. "I was hoping maybe you had collected some information about it down here but.....all I have to help me look is pictures and there aren't many down here that have any." He admitted, chagrined by his inability to read. Dyselxia was most definitely his greatest weakness.

"Meloetta...that is certainly an old story..." Sub said as he stared at Odd with eyes full of pity, the man was about to find out how mythical his desired target really was. "I have a book around here somewhere...if I recall one of the few I didn't sell, bought it off a crazy old author in Castelia City. He always rambled on about how his great great...whatever, saw Meloetta once and no one believed him." The man said as he walked off, glancing at the shelves every now and then.

"Should be around here..." Odd might be shocked to find out that the book he was looking for was only two feet away from where he found his previous book, Sub taking it off the shelf and pulling up a chair to sit next to Odd, opening it up and beginning to read from it.

[Roughly an hour later.]

"That should be the important bits." Sub said as he closed the book. "So to summarize, Meloetta is said to once have existed alongside the people of Unova past during a Golden Age of culture. Its songs inspired musicians and artists alike, its elegant moves inspired humans to devise new forms of dance. Meloetta brought the people such joy and wonder. However, when sorrow gripped the land and the greater world Meloetta lost its melody, also losing its favorite pair of red shoes. Unable to sing nor dance in such a gloomy world Meloetta disappeared. It's said that Meloetta still wanders Unova, listening to musicians play, seeking out someone who can inspire it to sing once again." The man explained as he kicked back.

"Your best bet of getting a start on tracking down Meloetta would be to travel to Castelia City, maybe find the crazy old coot I bought this book from. That was many years ago and he was very old so he may not be among the living anymore...not that it is a problem for you." Sub said with a laugh. "But who knows, maybe there is someone in Castelia City who also believed the man and has begun to seek out the Melody Pokemon, can't hurt to poke around."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:31 am
Odd turned away from Sub at first. "Don't look at me like that." He said simply. Pity had to be the one thing in all the world he despite more than anything. And with his disability, he found it aimed at him far more than he could easily accept. Sub may not be pitying him for that but for the channeler, that was all he could think it was about.

When Sub pulled the book down, he stared intently at the pages as Sub read it, trying to make sense of the words. He felt that only if he applied the effort and truly tried on his own would he stand a chance at finding the Mythical Pokemon he sought to find. By the time Sub was done reading, Odd was only half way down the first page and had only magaed to make any sense of about the first half of any given paragraph.

"Does that man have a name I can recognize him by?" He asked calmly after a few more moments of trying to read and failing.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:41 pm
Requiem of Whyspers
Odd turned away from Sub at first. "Don't look at me like that." He said simply. Pity had to be the one thing in all the world he despite more than anything. And with his disability, he found it aimed at him far more than he could easily accept. Sub may not be pitying him for that but for the channeler, that was all he could think it was about.

When Sub pulled the book down, he stared intently at the pages as Sub read it, trying to make sense of the words. He felt that only if he applied the effort and truly tried on his own would he stand a chance at finding the Mythical Pokemon he sought to find. By the time Sub was done reading, Odd was only half way down the first page and had only magaed to make any sense of about the first half of any given paragraph.

"Does that man have a name I can recognize him by?" He asked calmly after a few more moments of trying to read and failing.

"I never got his real name, the local riffraff called him the Wordsmith. He...was homeless." Sub admitted. "I paid him a generous amount for the book, enough to feed him for a couple months or get a place to stay."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:24 pm
Odd nodded. "That'll make it difficult to find him if he is still among the living." He admitted but it was with no animosity of any sort. "It may not be his real name but that may be enough to help me find him." Said in regard to the name. The Wordsmith. Fitting, it would seem, that he go to find the man who spun stories for a living when he sought to find a living fable.

"I may be gone for a while. Chances are I won't come back to HQ until I've either captured it or run out of leads. Not unless you call and really need my help. You've got enough man power among the others to make up for one missing half-dead channeler." He said as he stood up and stretched out. "Thank you, Sub. I'm gonna go collect some things and then I'm leaving for Castelia ." He said before he began to walk off. He was in no hurry, though. One way or another, he could contact this man as long as he could find him.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Snagem Research Facility

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces