Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Snagem Research Facility
Hybrid Research Division Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:49 pm
Hybridization Rules

So, I want to be a hybrid.

Welcome, you've come to the right place! Here is where you'll seek hybridization, be it legendary or non-legendary. Don't mind the place, we need to keep it sterile for plenty of reasons. But there are a few caveats to keep in mind.

Wait, caveats?

Yes. For starters a 'hybrid' is someone who is a mix of human and Pokemon DNA. Hybridization can be a tricky process, however. To start, you'll need to have the Pokemon you wish to be a hybrid of, though for legendary hybrids, it'll be a bit different. I'll get into that later, but without the right DNA, it's a bit awkward to really make someone a hybrid. Also, it's not a process for the weak of heart, as it can't be reversed. So make sure you're committed beforehand. [Note: If you wish to have your character become a hybrid in their backstory or in a more 'mystical' way that's fine too, just speak with an admin first about your idea.]

Oh, and some Pokemon won't be allowed for hybridization, though this is always subject to change at any time. So far, these ones are:

Non-Legendary Pokemon: Ditto, Smeargle

Legendary Pokemon: Mewtwo, Mew, Kyogre, Groudon, Dialga, Palkia, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Kyurem, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde (all forms), Hoopa, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Type: Null, Silvally, ALL Ultra Beasts (793-800 in National Dex), Zacian, Zamazenta, Eternatus.

Anything else I should know? And what's this about legendary hybrids?

Legendary hybrids are a bit harder to go about, as even seeing a legendary is no small feat. You'll want to check out the Restricted Library before continuing. Finished reading and situated? Great! Let's go on.

After you've become a hybrid, be it upon joining the guild or through the Snagem Research Facility, you won't be able to use moves right away. For each Master Mission you undergo after hybridization, you'll be able to learn and use a single move. You can only do Master Missions of the same type as what you're a hybrid off, or if you're dual-typed, you can go through one of the sets you'd be able to do; for example, a Vaporeon hybrid can only do Water Master Missions, while a Xatu hybrid can do Psychic or Flying Master Missions.

In any case, there are ten Master Missions in a given set, and you can learn ten moves in total, but that's not all. After undergoing and completing a set, you'll have the option of undergoing a Grand Master Mission, the end results of which can vary; for hybrids that can Mega Evolve and have the appropriate Mega Stone, they will be able to following completion. Likewise, completing the Grand Master Mission will also allow hybrids to use Z-Moves so long as they have access to them and have the relevant Z-Crystals.

That was really long winded.

Sorry. That's the most of it, though. To start, post here with your character requesting to be hybridized or, if you're already situated, to see about Master Missions. Us Admins will get in touch with you from there to see about how we go through these missions with you!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:20 am
Kaya walked into the research division with Sora in his arms, attempting to figure out who he should talk to now. He had decided that he wanted to become a hybrid of the little key collector's species over the last year and had been informed that this would be the place to go find more information.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:12 pm
Requiem of Whyspers
Kaya walked into the research division with Sora in his arms, attempting to figure out who he should talk to now. He had decided that he wanted to become a hybrid of the little key collector's species over the last year and had been informed that this would be the place to go find more information.

"Can I help you?" GRAY spoke up over the intercom as a monitor flicked on across the room in front of Kaya.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:38 pm
SubonicXP
Requiem of Whyspers

"Can I help you?" GRAY spoke up over the intercom as a monitor flicked on across the room in front of Kaya.
"Ya, I heard this is where I needed to go if I wanted to become a hybrid? I've made up my mind and I want to do this. Whatever you need me to do, I'll do it." Kaya spoke up in response, having expected there to be more here than just GRAY and a lab. Like people. Scientists. Equipment in use and failed experiments being cleaned up off the walls and whatnot.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:09 pm
Requiem of Whyspers
"Ya, I heard this is where I needed to go if I wanted to become a hybrid? I've made up my mind and I want to do this. Whatever you need me to do, I'll do it." Kaya spoke up in response, having expected there to be more here than just GRAY and a lab. Like people. Scientists. Equipment in use and failed experiments being cleaned up off the walls and whatnot.

"Really now? You know the procedure is irreversible." GRAY said sternly to Kaya. "But if you're really that willing to go through with it then we'll need a little bit of DNA from...whatever you plan on transforming yourself into."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:38 pm
"Do what you need to but don't hurt him." Kaya said as he motioned towards Sora with a nod of his head. The Klefki chirruped and jingled his keys in random happiness. Something about the little klepto fairy kept him from being upset over anything. Exactly what kind of DNA one could acquire from a Steel-type anything was a mystery to the silver-haired man, especially since the one he'd chosen had no "skin" to speak of, simply being living metal and keys, from what he knew of it's species thus far, as far as their physical makeup.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:48 pm
"That will do." GRAY remarked as two large metal cylinders across the room opened up with a hiss, their metallic doors disappearing into the machines. "You enter the right chamber and your Klefki the left, then we may begin. Once you enter, remember, there is no turning back."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:04 pm
Kaya nodded and nudged Sora towards the machine as he was instructed. "It's alright. They're not going to hurt you, I promise." He assured the still-young Fairy-type. It took a bit more persuading for Sora to trust the talking nothingness he perceived to be GRAY but the little Pokemon did eventually cooperate, floating over to the left chamber and giving Kaya a look that said "Don't let me down.".

Determined to keep his word and not let his partner down in this respect, Kaya walked to the right chamber with pride and courage on his face, giving his Klefki the encouragement it needed to enter the opposite one at the same time as him, both turning to face the doors and they closed behind them and hoping for the best here.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:53 pm
As soon as the doors closed bright lights would flick on the inside and the machines would begin to hum violently. Those on the inside might think that they were getting to explode with how they roared and rattled. The Klefki in its own tank would feel nothing more than a warm tingly sensation, and maybe begin to get tired. Kaya on the other hand, would find himself in mind numbing pain as his genetic make up began to completely change. His skin would become hard like still, whatever body hair he had falling off in the process. While his limbs largely stayed the same, except for maybe a height decrease, his head might start altering its self. The entire process didn't take long but to Kaya it might feel like ages of pain he was going through.

Once the process was finished the doors would open up with a hiss to let those in side out. Klefki was probably tired but for the most part okay. Kaya on the other hand would be completely exhausted and in pain for awhile, might even find it kind of difficult to move his limbs with his new steel coat that is now his skin, it would take some getting used it.

"Hybridization complete. Step out and sit down for awhile. I'll have you transported to the med lab to be examined by the physician to make sure the hybridization process was successful. Unless you feel lucky that is." GRAY commented.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:16 pm
Kaya did indeed feel tremendous pain, his body so wracked by it that he couldn't even speak. It wasn't that he didn't want to but that he was physically incapable of it. The moment he attempted to scream in agony, his vocal chords locked up, tightened nearly to the point of snapping and allowing not the slightest quiver. Rendered mute throughout the process, Kaya could only twist and writhe as his entire molecular structure was rewritten.

His body weighed down by his steel skin once the process was complete, he couldn't have moved even if he hadn't passed out about thirty seconds after the process began. He wouldn't notice the helmet that had formed over his head, almost entirely melded to his flesh from the upper jaw up, though revealing his head of normal, albeit now very metal, hair behind it. He'd also fail to notice the keyhole that had appeared on his chest, right around his jawbone, seemingly looking directly into his soul. He would, upon waking, find himself with a single overriding thought; Find a key of his own.

Once freed from the chambers, Sora would float over to his "father" as he had considered the man since his birth within the man's proximity over a year ago, terrified for a brief moment about who was slumped on he floor of the other chamber until Kaya's voice cracked from the man's body at last, a slightly higher pitch to match his slightly shrunken body. "Too heavy.....Can't move......" Was all he would manage before falling from semi-consciousness back into the blissful embrace of sleep. Sora began to jingle his keys in alarm at this point, hoping to bring someone's attention to Kaya's current state so they could help him.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:51 pm
Sprinting into the room with tears streaming from her eyes, Leslie stared up to where GRAY would be monitoring before letting out as threatening a growl as a nine year old could muster. Cracking open the sole Pokeball in her hand and staring at her Mawile before nodding towards the Pokemon, already moving forward towards the machine that would likely be the catalyst for this process. "Open this thing up. I don't care what risk or whatever is associated with it, I want to be a hybrid." Leslie snarled out, staring down the camera in an attempt to evoke a response.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:24 pm
"You know, if you want to die I could just find a hungry Hydreigon or something. It would be much easier." GRAY commented, annoyed by Leslie. "Besides, what's with the sudden change in attitude little one? I haven't noticed you being so...Reno, before."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:38 pm
"I just need to do this. I need to get a little vengeance for...someone. I'd rather not talk about, so just get this thing booted up, da**it!" Leslie cursed, already attempting to manually force the machine to begin setting up the process. Looking to the camera for the room again, the little girl felt a wave of sadness cross her before she finally opened another Pokeball and let her Porygon out to interact with GRAY. "Please.....I need to do this....I don't want to be made obsolete. You understand that, right?" The solemn voice echoed out as Leslie ceased her actions, unsure what to do now.
SubonicXP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:44 pm
Tesei Utakata
"I just need to do this. I need to get a little vengeance for...someone. I'd rather not talk about, so just get this thing booted up, da**it!" Leslie cursed, already attempting to manually force the machine to begin setting up the process. Looking to the camera for the room again, the little girl felt a wave of sadness cross her before she finally opened another Pokeball and let her Porygon out to interact with GRAY. "Please.....I need to do this....I don't want to be made obsolete. You understand that, right?" The solemn voice echoed out as Leslie ceased her actions, unsure what to do now.

"Vengeance, such a worthless desire, don't you think? What does it accomplish other than spurring more revenge? It's an endless cycle of hate. Little girl, you would be better off-" GRAY's speech was cut short as he listened more to Leslie. There was a very long pause after her mention of becoming obsolete, as if that word had struck a cord with the AI.

Leslie may have lost hope and had figured that the AI was now ignoring her. This feeling of defeat would vanish as GRAY spoke once again. "Step into the hybridization chamber, Leslie." This was a rare moment, if the girl noticed, GRAY called her by her name and didn't include an insult.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
Snagem Research Facility

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash