Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
2014 Con Season Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:15 am
With 2014 around the corner, what are your convention plans/cosplay plans?

For me, I'm skipping AFEST altogether and A-Kon is a toss-up. Cosplay-wise, I'm probably just going to just wear my England cosplay or get lucky and drop 20+ lbs. so I can fit into my Enzan cosplay again.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:19 am
I am kicking off with a con this January, Cosplay wise its a spur of the moment thing for me.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:42 pm
I'm going to Zenkaikon in Pennsylvania next year in April. I am being talked into going to Anime North, but I can't afford going to a con in a different country in May and then turn around to go to one in a different state.

I'm going as KiKi from KiKi's Delivery Service for Zenkai and Sgt. Keroro for Sugoicon. Sugoicon is always a definite con that I attend. I want to go to others, but I still don't have my license. Taking a bus everywhere is getting old, lol  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:31 pm
OhNoesItsMiho
I'm going to Zenkaikon in Pennsylvania next year in April. I am being talked into going to Anime North, but I can't afford going to a con in a different country in May and then turn around to go to one in a different state.

I'm going as KiKi from KiKi's Delivery Service for Zenkai and Sgt. Keroro for Sugoicon. Sugoicon is always a definite con that I attend. I want to go to others, but I still don't have my license. Taking a bus everywhere is getting old, lol
I feel ya, I take the train and bus, my car doesnt work right now  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

foxdeamon ninja14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:10 am
Well starting in December I'll be judging a mini cosplay formal dance type thing. It's not a convention, but it starts off my cosplaying. I was invited to go to Ikkicon this December, but I can't afford to go this year since I plan to be going to other cons this year.

In April I'll be going to Cyphacon where I'll be doing my first art table.
Then in June I'll be heading out to A-kon with a couple of my friends.
I may or may not go to Louisianime later in the month of June as well. Depends if my friend will have a table or not.

As for my cosplay lineup this year I will be working on finishing Rei Miyamoto's outfit, took an eternity to get the bayonet gun completed. Winry Rockbell (almost completed), Medusa, and Vulpix.
Not sure if I will be wanting to get into one of my old cosplays.
Depends on as the cons get closer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:00 pm
I'm going to Katsucon in February, and then Otakon in the summer!

For Katsucon I'm planning on
Wendy from Gravity Falls
Flame Princess from Adventure Time
Yuki from Gravitation

and for Otakon I'm hoping
Ariel from the Little Mermaid
Asami from Legend of Korra
Flame Princess from Adventure Time
Wayward Vegabond from Homestuck  

egoxromantic

Anxious Conventioneer

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:06 pm
I'm definitely doing Katsucon in February, and ROFCon later the same month if I can pre-reg in time. Also hitting Otakon in August, and Nekocon in November.

I'd also like to try and hit Anime Mid-Atlantic in June if I'm able, but I'm very unsure as of yet.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:14 pm
My plans for the coming year: (All in Michigan)

1. Almacon 2014 - Feb 7th to 9th in Alma, Michigan at Alma College. Going as myself. Going to this convention will be determined by funds and the weather.
2. Shutocon 2014 - April 4th to 6th in Lansing, Michigan at the Lansing Center & Radisson Hotel. I look forward to my second trip to this con. Last year I tagged in on two photoshoots. I definitely want to do more photoshoots. Their are some great locations to do them along the River Boardwalk. Going as myself.
3. Jafax 19 - June 21st & 22nd in Allendale, Michigan at the beautiful Grand Valley State University campus. This will be my 4th time going to this convention. This is my favorite con and I look forward to being among the friendly crowd and wonderful Cosplayers that go to this con. Planning on Cosplaying Syaoran from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.
4. Youmacon 2014 - Oct 30th to Nov 2nd in Downtown Detroit Michigan at Cobo Arena and the Renaissance Center. This will be the 6th time going to this convention. It's the biggest con that I go to and I have yet to experience all that this con has to offer. I plan on Cosplaying an original Dungeon and Dragons character.

I'm going to post most info about all 4 of these cons in the "MidWest" thread. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

khryseis eae

Demigod

29,925 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:59 pm
sweatdrop maaaa... yeah been wanting to attend again in any con next year hopefully. Been busy... well I will just costrip.. no plans of joining cosplay competition since I didn't prepare much for it. I will probably wearing some old costume and just hang around and have fun. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:55 pm
I will only be attending one anime convention next year, which would be Otafest. I need to save up for tuition, so one anime convention for me cat_gonk ...unless someone else pays for me to go to another anime convention.

For sure, I will be cosplaying as Riku (Kingdom Hearts) for at least a day. However, I am not sure what outfit I will do for Riku. I have many casual outfits for him, plus his Organization XIII form.

As for the other days, I plan on cosplaying as either another Kingdom Hearts character, casual Magnet-inspired Gakupo (Vocaloid), and/or Dark Navi (Legend Of Zelda). Dark Navi will only happen if I can get my friend to cosplay as my Dark Link again though.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

kayvirus

Interesting Raider

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:45 pm
Right now ive started early by making my costumes so far i plan to cosplay as wanda wilson (lady deadpool) tiny tina from borderlands 2 kairi from Kingdom hearts Lightning from final fantasy and a female storm trooper im so excited cant wait for con in Atlanta hopefully il run into yaya hang 4laugh il be visiting other cons too thts will be later scheduled 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:52 pm
Tsukino-con (February 14-16 )- Fujisaki Chihiro [Dangan Ronpa], Berry Shirayuki [Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode] (possibly Shiina Mayuri [Steins;Gate])

Sakura-con (April 18th- 20th)- Hayama Mizuki [EF: A Tale of Melodies] (possibly Shiina Mayuri [Steins;Gate])

That's all so far but I'm sure I'll be wrangled into a group cosplay with my friends~

Pearlescent Priestess

Bashful Healer

18,200 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100

Swibbs

Wealthy Noob

9,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:05 pm
Noncon, then Anime boston, the Anime next. and maybe comicon. Idk about comicon though i hate that area  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:59 pm
I'm going to two cons this year.

Sakura-con and Kuroneko-con for sure.

My costumes will be Murion Alexius from Magi, Twilight Sparkle from MLP, and Botan from YYH, but If I go to any other cons after August I'll add in Pippin from LOTR.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:37 pm
Thus far I'll be attending spring Sac-Con, Kraken Con, and Fanime (hopefully). Beyond that, I'm not sure. I'll probably be moving mid-year for my job, so a lot of my con schedule depends on where I end up!

As for cosplays, that's a good question. I'd like to con-debut my White Witch from Narnia this year, and will probably be bringing Musica, Guy (of course), and who knows what else. More often than not I change my mind the day before the con anyways.  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff