Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SoA Gods
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:21 am
User Image

User ImageGetting Your God Quest Approved

• Read all of the information about gods in SoA, found HERE.

• NEW! God Approvals are now being handled monthly. Your form may be crossed out before you are informed of any final decisions, but you should receive a PM regarding approval and conditions by the end of the month.

• Every effort will be made to keep up but sometimes a month may be skipped. In those cases, hopefully you will get your response by the end of the next month.

• Domain

• Pick a domain that is unique, check the god list for your idea and as many synonyms as you can think of.
    • Know what your domain really is and use the simplest term for it.

• Example: Death in Battle is an interesting concept, but overlaps too much with the NPC domain, Death. Depending on what you want to focus on, acceptable alternatives could be Honor or Battle.

• If your domain has more than one meaning, please use only one.

• Example: If your domain is Horns, it can't be both musical instruments and the horns on animals heads!

• Make sure it is relevant to SoA, be prepared to justify it.

• Appearance

• Entirely up to you, though we encourage you to take inspiration from the domain.
    • This is no longer part of the form, your design is between you and your colorist.

• Powers

• General

• You should not approach any other god owners about overlap. Define your domain carefully and we will judge if it is truly unique enough.
    • "Exclusive" overlaps have been allowed in the past, where miniscule differences in definition and plots agreed upon with existing god owners have allowed very similar domains. We do not make a habit out of allowing this but if you must try, we need proof of permission from the existing god owner and a clear explanation of the difference that just makes it OK.

• Rage & Wrath, Perseverance & Determination - similar domain pairs that have been approved in the past under special circumstances.

[size=14][b][color=darkblue]Approve Me![/color][/b][/size]
[b]Domain:[/b]
[b]Existing Overlapping Domains:[/b] (Show us that you did at least some homework, please!)
[b]Definition:[/b] (What is this domain?)
[b]Relevance:[/b] (Why does it exist in SoA?)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:00 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Astrology
Existing Overlapping Domains: Comets (might since comets are used in astrology), Lunar Eclipse (this is something important in astrology and that they predict using it), Moon (important in this), and Stars (also used in this)
Definition: Astrology is the use of sun, moon, stars, planets and other heavenly bodies to "predict" things, such as natural events. Some cultures use star charts of one's life to determine if two people are compatible for marriage as well as to predict what a child will be like in their life.
Relevance: Astrology would be something I could see lions using since it was often used to predict seasonal shifts and other natural events that would be important to lions.

Approve Me!
Domain: Constellations
Existing Overlapping Domains: Stars (part of constellations), Lore (as stories are often attached to constellations)
Definition: The application of shapes and even stories to groups of heavenly bodies such as stars and sometimes planets.
Relevance: I would assume SoA to be a lot like primitive humans in that the would look up at the stars and "see" interesting shapes that they would then wish to name and explain.

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:35 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Selflessness
Existing Overlapping Domains: Vanity (polar), Betrayal (polar), Greed (polar), Charity (overlap), Chivalry (overlap), Sacrifice (overlap)
Definition: Putting others before oneself, in both small matters and large.
Relevance: Many times parents or siblings exhibit selflessness when in dire situations where food or water is concerned. In smaller ways, selflessness is present in day-to-day life. It can be a very small matter or a very large one, but quite often selflessness goes unnoticed by those that benefit from it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:38 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Diversity (Of species)
Existing Overlapping Domains: Unity(Possibly a polar), Conformity(Possibly a polar), possibly Balance(Overlap?), and very likely any animal- and plant-based domain as... Related? I'm not entirely sure if it'd be Overlap with Plants/Animals, parent, child, or what ^^;;
Definition: Variety of animals, from ants to antelopes to lions and birds and so on
Relevance: There's many species in Africa... From ants to antelopes to lions and birds and fish... You get the idea.

Approve Me!
Domain: Asexuality
Existing Overlapping Domains: Currently there are none - But in the Quests there is Sexuality as a Polar!
Definition: Lack of gender OR lack of sexual or emotional attraction(Sometimes both, it's kind of a sliding scale)
Relevance: Just as there are sexual beings, there are thos who are not - They just want a mate but nothing more that comes with it, and only do such things for their mates that may want it now and then(IE, for cubs/pups). There are also those, here and there, who feel no attraction, be it sexual or emotional. For purpose of powers, though, this would primarily apply to sexual urges being void and nullified either in the domain's presence, or as a curse.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:43 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Blood Ties
Existing Overlapping Domains: Anonymity (polar), Blood (parent), Connections (overlap), Fathers (overlap), Lost (overlap), Mothers (overlap), Obscurity (polar), Orphans (overlap), Secrets (polar)
Definition: Bloodlines, blood relationships, who is kin to whom. The family people are born with, not the one they choose.
Relevance: Nobody exists in a void: they have parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. It can, in smaller and older prides, be very important to know how people are related, if only to prevent close cousins from mating. This has nothing to do with the emotional family or with familiar responsibilitly, and is purely based on who is related, by blood, to whom.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:56 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Bittersweet Memories
Existing Overlapping Domains: Overlap: Memories, The Past, Death, The Mind,
Definition: The memories that you have when pain is fresh that will /theoretically/ become only sweet over time but for now have a bitter taste to them.
Relevance: Everybody has lost someone; the good memories can be hard to remember when the pain is fresh…. Sometimes a reminder helps to keep pain from being overwhelming.

`Swirly

Hygienic Sex Symbol

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:23 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Mucus
Existing Overlapping Domains: Pestilence (parent), Healing (polar)
Definition: Um… yeah. The God of mucus presides over the various icky bodily fluids produced by diseased animals. I don’t expect him to have more than 1-2 specific powers, if any at all.
Relevance: It's connected to creatures suffering from diseases. In an attempt to ease their suffering they’re worshiping the God responsible of clogging up their airways. The lions of Kitwana'antara already worship pestilence so it’s not a huge stretch to have more specific sects forming.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:41 pm
Retracted for now.  

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:10 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Cannibalism
Existing Overlapping Domains: I can't actually find any! Undead might come the closest? Perhaps Predators???
Definition: the consuming of the flesh of ones own species
Relevance: Animals often consume their own kind in hunger or insanity and there are even SoA who resort to cannibalism or even enjoy it! powers may include urges to commit cannibalism

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:22 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Journeys
Existing Overlapping Domains: Maybe Wanderlust or Epic Feats.
Definition: The act of traveling from one place to another. Can also be taken on an emotional/spiritual level to mean traveling from one state of being to another, typically with spiritual or maturation connotations.
Relevance: We have SoA all the time going on trips, visiting family, looking for a home, a mate, or even just roaming. Not all of them are touched by wanderlust, though I'm sure some are - some prides are nomadic, some SoA move back and forth between two or three points of habitation. It's not always fueled by a pure need to roam, but it still is a trip, a journey. On the more spiritual side, there are plenty examples of journeys; the first to mind is how the Swampies leave their homes to find out who they really are. Several don't particularly enjoy the wandering part, but it's still a journey to be undertaken. Another example would be the Aikanaro, leaving to find their inner demons.

ShinosBee

Nerd

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:49 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Humility
Existing Overlapping Domains: Modesty, maybe Grace.
Definition: Humility "is variously seen as the act or posture of lowering one self in relation to others, or conversely, having a clear perspective, and therefore respect, for one's place in context." In this instance though, I was thinking more on the virtue of humility. "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it is thinking of yourself less. It is a spirit of self-examination; an interpretation of suspicion toward yourself and charity toward people you disagree with. The courage of the heart necessary to undertake tasks which are difficult, tedious or unglamorous, and to graciously accept the sacrifices involved. Reverence for those who have wisdom and those who selflessly teach in love. Giving credit where credit is due; not unfairly glorifying one's own self." It encompasses more than simple modesty, and relates more to how one views others than how one views ones' self.
Relevance: Because there are humble SoA.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:48 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Glory
Existing Overlapping Domains: Ambition (overlap), Conquest (possible overlap), Determination (possible overlap), Egotism (overlap), Epic Feats (overlap), Individuality (possible overlap), Pride (overlap), Perseverance (overlap), Warriors (possible overlap)
Anonymity (polar), Failure (polar), Modesty (polar), Obscurity (polar).
Definition: High renown or honor won by notable achievements. Prestige, fame, or distinction accorded by common assent.
Relevance: In SoA, there are a great many individuals, both in prides and rogues, who attain glory for themselves or for their pride through their actions.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:54 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Chastity
Existing Overlapping Domains: Determination (possible overlap), Femininity (Overlap), Fertility (possible overlap), Innocence (overlap), Love (overlap), Sacrifice (possible overlap), Truth (possible overlap), Lust (polar), Virtue (possible overlap)
Definition: from the Latin adjective castus meaning "pure". Adult conduct of a man or woman that is acceptable to the moral standards and guidelines of their culture, civilization or religion. (trying to keep it PG XD)
Relevance: There are those who believe in the sanctity of purity before marriage and this is the very core to most of those beliefs.

There is already a goddess of Envy; poster has been notified.

Approve Me!
Domain: Envy
Existing Overlapping Domains:Chaos (possible overlap), Conflict (overlap), Conquest (overlap), Deception (overlap), Determination (overlap), Fashion (overlap), Vanity (overlap), Gossip (overlap), Greed (overlap), Hate (overlap), Heartlessness (overlap), Indulgence (overlap), Obsession (overlap)
Definition: (from Latin invidia) is an emotion which "occurs when a person lacks another's superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it.
Relevance: If is, afterall, one of the seven deadly sins. It is found amongst nearly everyone and makes itself known quite often sometimes.

Approve Me!
Domain: Vulnerability
Existing Overlapping Domains: Arrogance (polar), Betrayal (overlap), Conflict (polar), Conformity (polar), Despair (overlap), Failure (overlap), Hardships (overlap), Innocence (overlap)
Definition:the inability to withstand the effects of a hostile environment
Relevance: Everyone has a vulnerability to them, a weakness that they keep hidden away. Some tend to show it more than others though. It is a part of everyone's characteristics.

Approve Me!
Domain: Canidae
Existing Overlapping Domains: Lions (polar), Predators (overlap), Loyalty (overlap)
Definition: the biological family of carnivorous and omnivorous mammals that includes domestic dogs, wolves, foxes, jackals, coyotes, and many other lesser known extant and extinct dog-like mammals.
Relevance: This is important to the biology of Wild Dogs, Jackals and any other canine species in SOA. :3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:57 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Guidance
Existing Overlapping Domains: Possibly the Lost, Judgement, Choices, and Faith.
Definition: Guidance would cover those who are not sure where to go, what to do, or where to turn to in their dire times of need. It's not quite like those that are lost, as she wouldn't be directing them to a certain location or to a specific idea. She would simply offer her words of wisdom to better direct an individual in their own decision making. I see her domain also covering those souls who are in purgatory so to speak, offering her guidance to help them figure out where they may go in the afterlife.
Relevance: Guidance is something many creatures ask for. They ask for guidance when traveling. They ask for guidance when they are unsure about a decision they have to make. They ask for guidance when they have passed on and end up stuck in a neutral state. Guidance is something every being relies on and looks to when they themselves are not sure of what to do.

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

Zheraph

Fuzzy Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:51 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Fog
Existing Overlapping Domains: Camouflage (possibly), Clouds, Confusion, Deception, Distractions, The Five Senses (Kind of polar, maybe), Hail, Hazards, Ice, Illusions, The Lost, Navigation (Polar), Oceans, Rain, Sight, Smoke, Snow, Sound, Swamps, Mist (listed in recent breeding gods), Water
Definition: Water or ice particles that float in the air near the ground, defined as being dense enough to reduce visibility to less than 1 km. Usually localized around bodies of water or moist ground such as a marsh.
Relevance: Valleys, marshes, and areas near the coast or other large bodies of water are prone to fog banks forming, and in some areas in Africa this is an important source of water for both plants and animals.

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff