Welcome to Gaia! ::

Old Geezers of Gaia Unite

Back to Guilds

A group for the young and old of Gaia to reminisce and hang out. 

Tags: Gaia Online, Geezers, Nostalgia, Discussion, Old Members 

Reply Old Geezers of Gaia Unite
What did your n00b outfit look like? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sailorstar165
Captain

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:32 am
Some of us older members will remember the days when we were given the peasant outfits and had to work hard to get even the cheapest of items.

I want to see your n00b avis, the ones you were so proud of when you finally could sell off the last of your peasant clothes.

(tektek.org's a good place to make them)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:02 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Back in the day, I used to look like this.

Brings back fond memories. Still have some of these items, actually... Maybe I should resurrect it one of these days. smile  

sailorstar165
Captain

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50

WyndiWingfall

Green Lantern

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:23 pm
I'm pretty sure mine was something along the lines of this:

User Image

I remember adding in an Angelbow and a Water Meat afterwards, but man, that kimono was the first "expensive" item I ever bought.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:37 pm
WyndiWingfall
I'm pretty sure mine was something along the lines of this:

User Image

I remember adding in an Angelbow and a Water Meat afterwards, but man, that kimono was the first "expensive" item I ever bought.

Wow! You had a pretty avi. emotion_kirakira  

sailorstar165
Captain

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50

Sahri

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:29 am

If you look at my n00b avatar, I sure had some pretty poor taste in items back then xD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:33 am
xSahri

If you look at my n00b avatar, I sure had some pretty poor taste in items back then xD

I wouldn't say bad taste as much as limited color palette. 3nodding  

sailorstar165
Captain

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50

Sahri

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:37 am
sailorstar165
xSahri

True. There weren't as many items available as there are now and now animals are having the same problem humans had back in the day. But I wouldn't be wearing that outfit unless it was for a special occasion such as "dress like a n00b day".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:09 pm
that's a pretty cute ensemble! would work well irl too (aside from the shoes, i guess?).

it's really interesting to see how gaia has branched out from the normal, everyday kind of clothing to all this sparkly glittery fantasy stuff that's now being released in la victoire. lol

WyndiWingfall

Green Lantern

Swimmin_Sweater

Beloved Friend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:27 pm
I thought I was so cool when I put this together. I hadn't seen many dark elves so I thought I was being sooo unique. I was 16 I think when I made it. Makes me feel old remembering whee  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:31 pm
xSahri
sailorstar165
xSahri

True. There weren't as many items available as there are now and now animals are having the same problem humans had back in the day. But I wouldn't be wearing that outfit unless it was for a special occasion such as "dress like a n00b day".

even the animals have better starter cloths than what we had to start with as humans way back when. They're higher quality art.  

Swimmin_Sweater

Beloved Friend

sailorstar165
Captain

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:28 am
Mia Loved1
I thought I was so cool when I put this together. I hadn't seen many dark elves so I thought I was being sooo unique. I was 16 I think when I made it. Makes me feel old remembering whee

There still aren't a whole lot of dark elves. For whatever reason, the non-humans never really caught on. To this day, I don't see a whole lot of vampires, dark elves, imps... or really anything. I've seen a lot of animal bases, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:28 am
sailorstar165
Mia Loved1

There still aren't a whole lot of dark elves. For whatever reason, the non-humans never really caught on. To this day, I don't see a whole lot of vampires, dark elves, imps... or really anything. I've seen a lot of animal bases, though.

The original vampire bace was terrible in that the face was fixed with that weird mouth, but I did love the body. My avatar is usually a frost troll but I just changed it to be an elf. My boyfriend has a boring realistic human but he did it well so I guess I cant complain. Our avitars just look really weird together xp
I like your new avatar by the way. It's super cute and more cohesive than your last one biggrin  

Swimmin_Sweater

Beloved Friend

WyndiWingfall

Green Lantern

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:57 pm
Mia Loved1
xSahri
sailorstar165
xSahri

even the animals have better starter cloths than what we had to start with as humans way back when. They're higher quality art.

this. plus they gave the animals actual clothing right away, not those weird tetris blocks or "peasant" clothing. :  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:07 am
Mia Loved1
sailorstar165
Mia Loved1

The original vampire bace was terrible in that the face was fixed with that weird mouth, but I did love the body. My avatar is usually a frost troll but I just changed it to be an elf. My boyfriend has a boring realistic human but he did it well so I guess I cant complain. Our avitars just look really weird together xp
I like your new avatar by the way. It's super cute and more cohesive than your last one biggrin

Thanks. smile

I change my avi every day (or every day I log in, anyway), so it changes a lot. xd  

sailorstar165
Captain

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50

Swimmin_Sweater

Beloved Friend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:11 am
WyndiWingfall
Mia Loved1
xSahri
sailorstar165
xSahri

this. plus they gave the animals actual clothing right away, not those weird tetris blocks or "peasant" clothing. :

I still get annoyed when I get a tetris block in the daily chance neutral  
Old Geezers of Gaia Unite

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces