Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] From Paws to Claws [Maddie/Chase] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:30 pm
It really was a great big school, with a vast amount of students, each so different, ticking in oh so many ways.
Pitter-patter went her feet, bright red eyes surveying those who passed by her.
What was that one thinking? Where was that one going?
She stopped several times, watching as one chatted with another, and tilted her head as she saw some other yawn.

How peculiar. How beary peculiar.

GrnGriff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:53 pm
He stepped slowly, lightly, taking in his surroundings. He'd need to remember this path, for it was the shortest between his room and the main school building. Or at least he thought so. Hm.

Something caught his eye. He knew what bears were, and that girl was obviously a bear. Forest kin.

"Excuse me," he said, pointing on large claw her way, "but do you know where you are going?"

It was a vague question, but he didn't notice.  

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:33 pm
She heard a voice, a voice directed at her, and she turned, staring at... legs.
Lifting her eyes until it found the other student's, she tilted her head back (why was he so talllllllll) and stared at him.

"What a strange question. Does anyone ever know where they're going? They think they do, but then they don't. They want to go one way, but end up in another. Some place, but wind up in the next."

She stared at the claw pointed at him, and reached out with her own, touching it.
"My, what big claws you have. I was under the impression deer did not have claws. How beary strange."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:46 pm
Chase tilted his head at the little bear. So it was a strange question, and she'd given a strange answer. "I suppose." He wasn't exactly agreeing, rather musing over her words. Was she trying to bring up a philosophy topic, or was she lost?

He watched as she lifted her hand. What an odd little bear.

"Deer do not. I am not a deer." His parents had made very sure that he knew that. There was pride in what they were. "Deer do not eat meat. Usually."

Which brought him back to his first reason for stopping her. "Do you know your way around this school?" He'd just ask the question in a different way.  

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:05 pm
Do you? Do you?"
It was a little confusing as to which question she was answering, if that could be considered a response.
Even if he said he wasn't a deer, the bear frowned, lifting her paws above her head to imitate horns, though they probably looked more like rabbit ears.

"Those are deer horns, are they not? And you have hooves. How can you not be a deer?"
She circled around him, and pointed at his butt.
"You have a deer tail too. The evidence is rather overwhelming."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:02 pm
Chase raised one eyebrow.

"Antlers," he said. "Hooves and tail. But Claws and Teeth, too. I" There was special emphasis on this word, "am not a deer. I look like a deer, but I am not one."

He sighed then. "What are you? A bear?"  

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:14 pm
"Then what are you? Some sort of mutant deer?"
It seemed she had no intention of seeing him as anything but a deer.

"Well, do I look like one?"
She grinned.
"If I look like one, I must be one, is that correct?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:29 am
"I," he said the word very slowly. He said most of his words slowly. "Am a Wendigo. Better than a mutant deer."

He pointed at her again. "And yes. You do look like a bear. But that does not mean you are one." His family's greatest stories talk of looking like one thing, or another, and being neither.

"And," he went on, clearly as an afterthought, "the bear I knew in the forest was much bigger and scarier than you." He'd been something out of a nightmare, an old soul, and Chase had loved his scary forest tales best of all. "But you do resemble him. In a way."

[A.V.]

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:51 am
"A wendigo..."
She pondered the word for a few minutes.
"What's a Wendigo?"

As he went on to describe his friend, Maddie pouted, puffing out her cheeks.
"What, small things can be scary too! Like... like spiders! Are you saying I'm not scary?"
The nerve. She managed to scare some human ghouls. It was the reason why she was here. That counted for something, didn't it?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:09 am
Chase let out a long breath. It wasn't a sigh, just an exhalation. "I am a Wendigo. A monster that shapeshifts and fools silly, hungry folk in the mountains." That's how his father always said it. Well, he always said more, but Chase didn't think now was the time for a proper story.

But then he smiled. She was amusing, this little bear. "I did not say that. But you are small. And not as scary as Old Bruce. But he was old, and well practiced at being scary."

He looked her up and down. Though he was looking down the whole time. "Where are you from? The forest?"

[A.V.]

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:01 pm
Well, obviously she knew HE was a Wendigo, sheesh Chase, she wasn't dumb.
His explanation didn't go over well with her, and Maddie only frowned, squinting her eyes at him.
"So... Wendigo are mutant deer. No, wait, not mutant. SUPER mutant deer."
Yes, that sounded about right.

His reassurance wasn't much reassurance, and she puffed her chest out, trying to make herself seem bigger.
"How do YOU know? I could be even scarier! Old isn't scary at all!"
She scrunched her nose, seeming to give him a displeased look at his assessment.
"No. I came from the human world."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:36 pm
"Uummm," the polite sound of hesitation was slow as his other words, perhaps slower. "No." He was not a mutant deer. But this little bear seemed set on it. It would only get worse if she ever saw him when he wore four feet and not just two. For he very much looked like a mutant deer then. He sighed and told himself she could believe whatever she wanted.

"Bruce," he said, leaning down to look her in the eye, "was huge and black and great yellow eyes." Chase's claws came up and wriggled them, making a show of things as he opened his own eyes wide. "His teeth were bigger and he drooled constantly. And he had extra eyes on his chest that would look every-which-way. He told me himself he was born of a nightmare." Then he blinked at her and stood up again.

"The human world? How so?" He'd never met anyone from the human world before. Even his grandfather, who had supposedly gone there a lot in his youth, didn't speak of it much. Lots of trees, was all he'd ever really said.  

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:40 pm
He might have said no, but her mind said yes. Clearly her mind was more superior.
She couldn't help leaning back when he leaned down, giving him an odd look. Was he trying to scare her? If so, his tactics only earned a frown, and she narrowed her eyes at him when he waves his claws at her.

"That's gross. You're friends with a mutant bear. Which I suppose makes sense for a mutant deer."
His question merely earned a sigh, and she shrugged her shoulders at him as if he was asking silly mundane questions.
"I was born there, duh."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:12 pm
"A scary bear." He really had no idea if Old Bruce was a mutant or not. "And I'm not a deer." He said again, rather quickly.

"But," he found himself very intrigued by her origins. "If you were born there, how are you here?" He was practically gawking at her. Didn't bears come from the pumpkin patch?  

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:33 pm
"Mutant Bear. Mutant Deer."
Nope, not changing her mind.

Maddie let out an exasperated sigh, as if she was trying to explain things to a dim-witted scareling.
"Because I am."
She didn't seem to want to clarify much more and frowned back at him, raising a paw to pap him in the face.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff