Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Candy Striper [Zar/Merry feat. Barth] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:35 pm
When Merry offered to play nurse for a friend, she took it seriously.

After her last message to the incubus the ghoul and rolled off her bed and headed straight for her closet. In the back, tucked in among a few other outfits she didn't wear often, was an honest to jack candy striper jumper from when she had volunteered at the hospital in town the last summer. Three long months had been enough time for the ghoul to learn fear healing and care giving on a public level were not for her, but the jumper was cute, so she'd kept it.

It hit at mid thigh, and the inch thick straps that went over her shoulders had a cute fringe of red and white striped ruffles. The back was open, accommodating her wings. and their were two pockets on the front to store anything she might need, from bandages to lollipops. Since she still had a bunch of the latter from the carnival, that was what she went with.

Did Zar even like sweets?

A few minutes later she found herself outside his door, and an enthusiastic knock followed. "Paging nurse Merry."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:27 pm
"You'd better get that," came a muffled groan from underneath Zar's oversized pillow heap.

If we'd stayed in my apartment we could have used the remote-operated door..."

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:31 pm

The door was unlocked, and a call from within from Zar said so. "Come in." he called, before he hissed irritably. "I don't need a remote, people have hands." at Barth

Inside, the room itself was strange, with sleek, clean and polished walls that were all a very uniform marble jet black, sloping down to the center of the room where there was a low circular pool which appeared to be full - not with water - but with a strange silvery and very viscous fluid which could only be described as slime. One side of the room was taken up with a variety of pillows, ranging from the size of an average dog-bed in the human world down to throw pillow. The other side had the day to day necessities, a wardrobe housing Zar's clothing and a dresser to tidy himself up at. There was a table with nothing on it, with some strange taloned gouges in its surface.

Zar himself was lounging in his natural form sprawled across one part of the pillow covered area, his tail stretched out behind him, immobile and indolent for the most part, only the very end flicking. He was still sporting some fairly brutal looking stab wounds here and there, scabbed over for the most part but still present.

He hadn't been sure how to tell the ghoul that Barth was in his room when they had been texting earlier - so caught in a trap of social faux pas - he hadn't. He meant to apologize to her when she arrived, but found himself staring instead.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:49 pm
Zar had warned her his room was rustic, but that had not really prepared her for what she saw when she opened the door. There was a pause, a curious blink of bright eyes as she took in the walls, the pool, the slime, and finally the familiar form of the incubus laying among a pile of pillows. It was enough to temporarily override the presence of two voices within the room, instead of the one she'd been expecting.

Of course Merry was quick to adapt, and all too accepting. Lips pursed, she strolled into the room and pulled the door closed behind her with a twist of her tail against the knob. It was then, as she met Zar's gaze, that the conversation heard through the door returned to her.

The apparent lack of another body had crimson brows dipping, and she gave the incubus a dubious look as she came to kneel beside him. "Got more visitors?" Ones that seemed to be invisible. Keen eyes slid around the room, peering beneath the table, towards the wardrobe, before coming back to rest on the pillow pile that stretched out beside him.

A sniff at the air in the room said they weren't alone, and the ghoul rolled up on hands and knees to crawl towards the the nearest hill of mounded cushions. "I can smell you," she trilled, sing song, giggling as she crept closer. "Come out come out."  

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:54 pm
"Oh, err, I'm not that bad, am I?" Barth asked at the smell comment. "My laundry does get done. I admit it's been a while since I cleared my jacket pockets, things sort of tend to - oof. Accumulate..."

Even surrounded completely by soft things, Barth was still on the tender side. He had a lot of lacerations and bruises and bumps and very near bone-crushing.

"Are the election results out yet? I'd like to try bribing the president into banning stairs. It's what I would have done. If I had gotten elected."

He hadn't, for obvious reasons.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:03 pm

Zar went from relaxed to suddenly very tense as Merry went on the hunt for Barth, tensing his paws and the rest of his body, temporarily distracted from ogling the ghoul's very enticing little outfit. "It's Barth." he said gruffly, as if apologizing for some kind of gremlin which had decided to hide under his bed.

"And there is nothing wrong with ssstairs, only creeping up them in the dark around a nervousss Incubusss" He shot a glare in the direction of the complaining demon.

"I probably should have informed you about him." he said, finally apologizing.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:13 pm
The edge of a pillow was lifted and suddenly Mwrry was looking into a pair of half lidded eyes. "Well hello. I didn't know I'd be taking care of you also." She flashed him a smile, obviously not in the least put out to discover another boil in the room. Sinking down to lie on her stomach, she pressed her cheek against a folded arm so she could look at him more evenly. "You don't smell bad, but your scent is hard to miss."

An ear twitched as Zar named the demon burrowed within the pillow mound, and shapely legs kicked up, ankles crossing as they swayed back and forth over the red and white stripes that covered her rump. "So you're Barth." Her grin turned knowing, but she lifted her head to glance at the incubus over her shoulder. "Well, you did mention him, just not that he was here." Again, she didn't sound bothered.

Instead she lowered her head to peek under the pillow again. "The results haven't come in yet, but I really wish they would. All this waiting is getting tedious."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:33 pm
"I was going down them, thank you," Barth said, as if the idea that he would go up stairs was offensive.

"Bartholomew Mudd," Barth introduced himself. He was completely limp. "A pleasure. I'm not at my best, I'm afraid. Usually I avoid getting in harm's way, but I was jumped."

He shut his eyes after the introduction. He had been trying to sleep the whole thing off. Barth smelled mainly of expensive, but mellow, bath soaps. There was no lavender (because he was susceptible to it), but there was a wicked, earthy smell, whipped up with cloves, black tea, and licorice.

The spice belied his underlying fear, which was almost druggy in its very absolute relaxation. While he did not smell like death, he was a very close cousin.

He was not overly dressed under the shelter of the pillows, his shredded top and scuffed boots discarded near the door.

Barth didn't have the benefit of Merry's full outfit, just a glimpse of ruffles and first aid symbology.

"I never did mind waiting. I'm not in any personal hurry. Did you hire someone...?" he asked Zar. Then, to Merry, "We could use something to drink. If you wouldn't mind terribly. Just hydration. Nothing alcoholic for me, I don't- err, it doesn't agree with my system."

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:45 pm

Zar tensed up more and more the longer Merry addressed Barth, his tail withdrawing from where it had been stretched out to sharply hook itself around him and tighten hard around his paws and chest. He decided then and there he regretted absolutely everything. His mood taking a nosedive also meant that his ability to take minor slights also vanished completely. The comment about being jumped went from being interpreted as light-hearted to being a dire condemnation and a means to one-up him in some unspoken social battle.

"I did not." Zar hissed and it was with the clip of teeth in his words. "She is a friend."

He constricted his own wrist in agitation as he tried to focus on something, anything else. "I have no idea who will win." he said regarding the election, but there was something decidedly closed off and cold in his voice.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:56 pm
Those slit pupil eyes narrowed slightly, puzzled or something close to it, but but the corners of full lips twitched up. "I'm Merry. It's nice to make your acquaintance." With a thoughtful hum the ghoul let the pillow fall back into place before sitting back on her knees, with a soft brush of palms over the skirt that lay across her thighs. It was an incredibly lady like gesture, and seemed almost comical coming from the impulsive, half feral chimera ghoul.

"I was not hired," she corrected smoothly, though an ear snapped back as Zar offered his own retort, tone clipped. It had her turning to face him, and seeing the tail tightly coiled around his own body she frowned, wings dipping.

Decidedly ignoring the request for beverages(she was not a maid, geez Barth.), she crawled back across the soft pile of pillows until she was kneeling in front of Zar's nose. Smiling fondly, pale hands came up, ready to rest lightly against his cheeks if he allowed it, and she'd bend at the waist to lay a feather light kiss against the tip of his nose. "I am a friend," she'd agree, voice soft as she sought to sooth unraveling nerves.

She didn't need to understand the situation to notice the rise of tension from the incubus.  

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:01 pm
"Ah. A not-fetching things variety of friend. Understood."

Barth was distinctly disappointed by the lack of drink. He was not very impressed by non-fetching friends.

The disappointment was not enough to stop him from dozing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:08 pm

Zar didn't stop the ghoul from touching him, but doing so was jarring to say the least, the second she touched him she would have gotten a very dark and terrible swirl of fury and jealousy, tangled up with self consciousness and a myriad of other instabilities. Hurriedly though, he clamped down on them, severing the emotional backlash and relaxing into the kiss on his nose.

"Yes. The kind of friend who issssn't expected to run menial errands on a whim." he said before deliberately snubbing Barth. He had absolutely no right to make him feel like his friends were somehow inadequate because they wouldn't go off and do stupid maid things.

This particular nurse was a more impractical but immeasurably superior kind of nurse.

His tail relaxed just a bit, enough to not be cutting off circulation to his extremities and putting strain on his injuries. His voice softened slightly as he went on "I got ssseveral thorns straight through me." he explained. "It is why I'm even in this shape, the pin means clothing and clothing agitatesss the injuriesss."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:39 pm
The her fingers touched him that rush of emotion hit her, and it was so unexpectedly dark it pulled a gasp from the ghouls lips before she snapped her teeth around the sound and pressed her face against his, curling close with even the brush of wings against the curled edges of his horns. She heard Barth's comment, but ignored it, attention for the moment all for the incubus that had already proven himself a friend.

Her left palm smoothed along his snout, down and under his chin as she nuzzled into that grey fur. "Shhhh..." She didn't know Barth. He wasn't important, and she wasn't here for him. The link had been shut down, but if he couldn't taste her emotions, he could feel her breath warm against his nose, her hands soothing along his cheeks and jaw, and the soft press of wings as she closed them into their own little world. Temporary, but private.

"This form, that form, they are both you." She didn't care, Zar was Zar. The same eyes, the same scent, the same deep voice and muscular tail.

Another soft kiss was placed on his snout, and maybe he'd feel her lips curling up in a sweet smile before she murmured against that soft grey fur. "I brought you some candy. They won't help with the healing, but they're tasty."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:43 pm
"That sounds an awful lot like fetching," Barth complained.  

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:10 pm

Zar seemed to relax under her attentions, exhaling just a bit of the tension he'd been hoarding. He was always very, very sensitive physically and this form was so much worse. Every touch of his fur was like electricity and it stood up under the contact, becoming extra fluffy. It was as soft as angora and his body temperature was higher. Up close he smelled like blood from the injuries, lingering musk that ran under everything for him, and his thick fur was heavy with the dry papery smell of old books.

"I appreciate it." he said. "As for the candy, I would love it, but unfortunately, anything that isssn't still alive and wriggling..doesssn't ssseem to aggree with me any longer." It was a rare admission, not something he told to anyone, even Calder had to be politely declined more and more frequently with his carefully prepared meals. Normal food seemed to just sit in his stomach uncomfortably and upset it.

"Maybe you should give it to the ussseless creature over there." he said irritably. "And I know he wasss very rude about it, but I would also appreciate a glass of water if you could see fit to get us one." he gave her a soft, pleading sort of smile, he hadn't realized how thirsty he was until Barth had brought it up. "There isss a sink on the table ssside of the room, there are glasssess there too. You do not have to though."

He rubbed his cheek affectionately against her in a decidedly feline sort of fashion. "I jussst appreciate you being here." he said.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff