Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:09 pm
User Image

Nafsi didn't like being in the rogue lands. It was so much different from her beloved pride. For one thing, she didn't get the respect she deserved. She wasn't treated like a princess. For another- she had to hunt all on her own! And she was horrible at it. Of course she'd had lessons, but she had only half paid attention to them, always assuming she would have food brought to her. Learning to be self-sufficient was not exactly her cup of tea.

Indeed, she wanted to go home. She wanted her pride to be back and well. Just like it used to be. But she had long ago stopped visiting the lands, hoping it might suddenly spring back into being. Long ago she had come to terms with the fact that it would remained gone forever.

It hurt, but she wouldn't show her pain. Somehow, she would move forward and make it all work in her favor. That was what she had always been looking to do, anyway. The situation was different, but her spirit was the same.

She could pull through.

Sighing heavily, she sat herself down under a tree, panting after another failed attempt to hunt. Most days, she went hungry. Somehow, she was going to need to improve her skills quickly.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:28 pm
User Image It was a great day for a viking, Phosphor had decided. He found out that, while viking in groups was generally more plentiful and successful, going out solo was generally more exciting and fun. There were less battles and more interesting treasures to find. Little did he know he was going to find a very special treasure today.

As he paused to rest, he noticed there was a dark shape under a tree not far from where he had chosen to lay down. He watched the spot for a bit before realizing it was a lioness. His interest perked and he shifted to stand, making his way slowly over to let her know he wasn't a threat. Dark color lions always stood out to him, even though he knew out in the 'real world' pelt color didn't matter. It didn't matter to his personal preferences, of course. and the bright blue that adorned her cheeks, tail, and paws drew him in even more. He liked a bit of brightness to his dark pelted ladies.

"Afternoon," he said politely as he stopped a few paces from the female. "You look a bit worn out. Don't tell me someone as pretty as you had to exert herself in any way.'

Cajanic

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:12 pm
The female looked over as someone spoke to her, the lioness holding her head up and smiling at his comment. "Yes," she replied, "I am quite pretty, aren't I? you are right to praise me." She nodded along with her thought, looking him over with interest.

"You have quite an interesting pelt- I have never seen such markings before." She sighed softly, turning her head slightly away from the male. She was used to treating others however she wanted, and he was probably lucky she had actually sought to compliment him. Maybe her fatigue was effecting her mood.

"Sadly, I have been reduced to exerting myself. Though I should not have to, I must now hunt on my own. My pride no longer exists to provide for me." she looked at the male, giving him a scrutinizing gaze. "Do you hunt, male?"

SilverLutz
Sorry sorry, I'll be more regular with tags now!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:07 am
The comment the female made had Phosphor snorting softly. In his mind, a little voice spoke up that she was as haughty as a demon, and he admitted he had to agree. He didn't mind a cocky and brash attitude. In fact, it reminded him so much of his home that it drew him to her even more.

"Thank you," he said as she passively complimented his own pelt. He was proud of his coloring and he couldn't help but wonder how their genes would mix. Her blue was stunning and the darkness of her off-black...well. He could imagine their cubs would be quite handsome, if he did say so himself.

But he was getting ahead of himself.

"I know how you feel," he said sympathetically. "My own pride was dissolved, chased away by an evil on two legs. I've found a new home, though. And," he added, chuckling at her comment, "Although I have slaves to hunt for me, I can certainly do it myself if it is called for. And if you are hungry, I would be honored to find something for you to eat."

Perhaps she'd think about repaying him for his kindness. Just because he was an ex-demon and a current Stormborn didn't mean he couldn't have manners.

Cajanic

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:43 am
Nafsi tilted her head, studying the male. He was handsome, and seemed to have an air of nobility about him. Perhaps he was just proud, or maybe he had been someone important in his former pride. If he had slaves that did the hunting for him, he at least understood the value of having a good position in life. That was something to consider.

"Your pride sounds like an interesting place," she commented absently, "slaves were not a part of the culture I grew up in, but they do sound handy from time to time." She had those who looked after her, but they had all been treated with some respect. It was difficult to find people willing to be in that position, though. without the pride to hold it all together, it seemed slavery was the only real option in finding lasting help.

"If you find me something to eat, and perhaps teach me a trick or two so I can hunt for myself, then I would be very happy to repay you in what way I can. I have little without my home, but if you're looking for cubs, I think I could oblige you." It was pretty easy to offer cubs. She was a female and that was what females did, wasn't it? She felt no need to consider it a special act, especially now that her pride was gone and all their beliefs had been proven false. She was quite disenchanted.

SilverLutz
I think I might put Nafsi in the stormborn, though not as a thrall. XD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:08 pm
"Oh, it's very interesting," Phosphor agreed with a little nod. He loved his new home and, even though he had caught wind of the demon pride reviving itself, he didn't want to go back there. The Stormborn was the place for him, and there was nowhere he'd rather be.

Well, other than out in the rogue lands finding pretty ladies to assist. That he enjoyed quite a bit as well.

"The pride I came from had slaves, and for the most part they were treated very poorly. I was never one to enjoy smacking them around unless they were out of line, but it seemed to be a sport of sorts." He shook his head slightly, remembering how his old pride mates had treated the lions they thought of as beneath them. While he knew pelt color had nothing to do with a lion's strength or worthiness outside of the pride, he still felt as though those with pale pelts were lower than him. Still, that didn't mean he smacked them when he saw them.

"The slaves here, they're called Thralls, are treated much better. If they step out of line they are punished, of course, but they can work their way up and out of servitude with the right attitude."

Phosphor nodded a bit as the female spoke, his brows raising as she offered him cubs. Well, well, well...wasn't that a delight? He grinned just a bit and bobbed his head. "I would be honored to accept that offer, as well as to hunt and teach you a few tricks. I wouldn't want to leave you to fend for yourself once you're carrying cubs, though. Could I entice you to come back with me to the Stormborn, at least until the cubs are weaned?" he asked, lifting his head once again. "My two Thralls would be more than happy to serve you as they do me."

Well, Ashta would. The little pale cub that he had taken under his wing had grown up quickly, but was still not quite an adult. Still, he was sure the young male could help Ashta out in providing whatever the female wanted.

Cajanic

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:20 pm
Nafsi frowned. "I suppose that is a fairly good attitude to have, I suppose," replied the female, "in terms of your slaves. We are all children of the Gods, and we are all worthy of some measure of respect. Some of us more than others, that's all." She smiled faintly at that. Even if her pride didn't have a lot of lasting traditions now, she believed those who were more closely connected to the spirits were more special.

"I would go back to the pride with you," replied Nafsi, "but I would not do so as a thrall, as you call them. I am a servant to no one, in no manner of speaking. Only the Gods may tell me what to do.

"If I return with you," she added after a moment, "I would like to go through whatever process is needed to bring myself into the pride as a welcome member. What do I have to do?" She asked him. Of course, if she was a full member, she might still allow his thralls to look after her when she was carrying his cub.

Why not?

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:14 pm
Phosphor was glad she was going to come back with him, but when she said she wouldn't enter as a Thrall, he winced slightly. Perhaps his half of the deal would have to wait until she got in...he didn't want any harm to come to any unborn cubs. There were those Reavers that got a bit overzealous in their challenges.

"Well...the process is called a challenge," he said, hoping this wouldn't deter her. "It's to prove to a Reaver that you're worthy of joining the Stormborn. It's basically a sparring match, although it's rare that anyone ever gets hurt in one. Mostly they're just testing you to see how you'd fair in a fight. Reavers know not everyone wants to come in to fight, though, so hopefully if you tell them you're just here to be a Freeborn they'll not rough you up too much. I could do the challenge for you," he offered. "As I'm a Reaver and I know you'd fit right in with the pride."

Cajanic

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:23 pm
Nafsi listened with interest about this duel. She had been raised in the claw and the spirit, and while she wasn't as good at fighting as she was at listening to the spirits around her, she was pretty confident she would be able to win in a match and earn her right into the pride he seemed to love so much. She was not the kind to back down from a challenge, even if she was spoiled. She wanted everyone to know that she had EARNED the right to be spoiled.

She smiled when he offered to do the sparring match with her.

"I was just going to suggest you be the one to fight me. I would like to show you my skills, anyway. And I don't think you should go too easy on me! If I'm going to be your equal, then I should be able to prove myself in a fight, right? Treat me the same as you would anyone else who came looking to join. I will do my best to prove my vast worth to your pride."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:47 pm
When Nafsi spoke up, Phosphor grinned. He liked that they had a similar way of thinking and, nodding in the direction he had come from, turned and waited for the lioness to begin walking.

"That sounds like a good plan," he said, deciding to do some hunting on the way back. "The duel will take place once you've had some food to regain your strength, although it isn't a battle of might alone. It's simply to test you, to make sure you're fit to join the Stormborn. Very rarely are claws and teeth actually used, especially with me. I'm sure you'll pass with flying colors."

He was quiet for a few moments as they walked, a pensive look on his face. He wondered what it would be like to duel someone he already knew, who he found quite attractive and desirable, if he had to be honest with himself. He'd have to put all that aside and focus on her merits and downfalls - he'd be doing the pride and Nafsi a disservice if she was missing some Stormborn trait and he let her in.

"I'll do my best to be unbiased in the duel," he said after a bit, nodding his head. "But I'm sure you'll enter without much effort."

Cajanic
Last one from me, if you wrap this up and want to start the duel one, go right ahead

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:01 am
Nafsi smiled. He said she would enter without much effort, and she wanted to believe him. But at the same time, she didn't want him to go easy on her or anything like that. He said he wouldn't be if he wanted her to have some cubs for him, then maybe he wouldn't put everything into it that he could.

"Well, that's fine, but if you keep telling me how easy it is to defeat you, I might just start to think you're a weakling," she teased lightly, giving his shoulder a nudge as she started to walk beside him.

Once they had some food, they would go back to the pride. She was quite pleased. She had found a potential new home and a male to make someone who would hunt for her, and all it had really cost her was some cubs.

A nice trade, all things considered.

SilverLutz

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces