Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Getting To Know You
Hobbies Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:25 pm
We all like conventions (that's why you're probably here reading this), but what other hobbies do you have? When you aren't planning that next con, or watching your favorite anime, what do you do?

When I'm not at work, I'm usually out hiking and taking pictures. I love taking pictures, both of cosplayers and scenery. I'd love to get a better picture someday, but for now my point-and-shoot gets the job done and is lighter to pack when I'm out backpacking.

I also love drawing (not that I'm much good), reading, and writing. I've had a couple of my short stories published before in anthologies. I've written one novel and am working on my second.

Most of my hobbies are put on hold right now as I'm working through my Master's program, but I revel in the time I do get to spend with them.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:34 am
xinitia
We all like conventions (that's why you're probably here reading this), but what other hobbies do you have? When you aren't planning that next con, or watching your favorite anime, what do you do?

When I'm not at work, I'm usually out hiking and taking pictures. I love taking pictures, both of cosplayers and scenery. I'd love to get a better picture someday, but for now my point-and-shoot gets the job done and is lighter to pack when I'm out backpacking.

I also love drawing (not that I'm much good), reading, and writing. I've had a couple of my short stories published before in anthologies. I've written one novel and am working on my second.

Most of my hobbies are put on hold right now as I'm working through my Master's program, but I revel in the time I do get to spend with them.

Xac, you may have told me but I don't remember you mentioning writing a novel. What is your novel about? I'm thinking of adding fan fiction writing to the Guild. Would you have an interest in that?  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Rogue-dono

Beloved Vampire

8,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:09 am
I tend to do a lot of sewing and drawing on the side, and I currently have a book Im working on getting published. It's in the editing phase now and Im working with other artists for illustrations. So that's exciting. I do a lot of research and study about the cosplay community too. Because I want to take my costume and prop making to the next level and make it a business, I spend a lot of time with the cosplay and prop community learning everything I can. smile It's always a ton of fun. ^-^ Of course there is my job too but I don't consider that anything fun at all. LOL  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:30 am
I draw, and I play video games. *still a little backed up on my video games tho*  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:03 pm
smithers456
xinitia

Xac, you may have told me but I don't remember you mentioning writing a novel. What is your novel about? I'm thinking of adding fan fiction writing to the Guild. Would you have an interest in that?

I have two novels currently. Both are in the sci-fi/fantasy genre. The first, "If I Die Before I Wake", works under the idea that when we dream we are seeing the happenings of a different dimension, and when we wake up our conciousness snaps back to our own body. Occasionally people get stuck in the other dimension and their body falls into a coma. In this case, Mike falls into a coma and his best friend is sent into the dimension to find him. Cue conspiracy. I'm in the process of re-writing this one. Let's just say that I learned how to write since high school....

The second that I'm still working on follows the case of TDIS (Trans-Dimensional Investigative Services). Often different dimensions drift too close to our own, creating rifts where the two dimensions intersect. TDIS closes these rifts. A team gets sent to a Victorian home where a different dimension has begun to take over each floor of the home. TDIS has to figure out what's going on and stop it.

I've tried my hand at writing fan fiction before, but I have a hard time getting into it. I really only write original work. I'd enjoy reading everyone else's stories, though!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:04 pm
Rogue-dono
I tend to do a lot of sewing and drawing on the side, and I currently have a book Im working on getting published. It's in the editing phase now and Im working with other artists for illustrations. So that's exciting. I do a lot of research and study about the cosplay community too. Because I want to take my costume and prop making to the next level and make it a business, I spend a lot of time with the cosplay and prop community learning everything I can. smile It's always a ton of fun. ^-^ Of course there is my job too but I don't consider that anything fun at all. LOL

It sounds like you have quite a bit to keep you busy! What's your book about?  

xinitia

Crew

Rogue-dono

Beloved Vampire

8,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:34 pm
xinitia
Rogue-dono

It sounds like you have quite a bit to keep you busy! What's your book about?
Quote:
Quote:

Too much, I think! lol My book is a collection of fairy tails that are based on Irish and Scottish mythology and are written in the old-traditional style...So we are talking "Once upon a time" style. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:57 pm
I don't have much that's really interesting, but I play the ocarina sometimes (I have one that looks like the Ocarina of Time)  

Keikke

The Committee Staff Camper

2,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:55 am
I have a bunch of hobbies I like to do in my spare time (:
Ever since I was small, I was always an artistic girl; I love to paint, draw, build things (especially make cosplays), knit (I'm a beginner), play around in Photoshop and Premiere Pro, etc. I also love to play sports; soccer and volleyball are my favourite, but I also like to practice karate (I'm a black belt), and kickboxing, I'm big into anime and movies, so every chance I get, I'll try to watch a new series! I'm slowly reading more, so I'm trying to read more manga as well. I enjoy playing games- especially board games! I also like to sing, cook/bake, travel, cosplay, voiceact/acting, and just hang out with friends ans family.

I'm a pretty energetic person, so I always find ways to keep busy! cat_whee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:56 am
When I'm not working, I'm here on Gaia, on Skype with my gf, on Grepolis building cities, in the kitchen experimenting with new foods, or on Netflix watching movies.

My hobbies include internet ridiculousness, cosplay of course, singing terribly to good but not popular music, and balancing random objects on my left hand/finger including but not limited to boxes, crates, ladders, bottles, pineapples, small people, cookie jars, candy bars, paper grocery bags, melons, couches, dumbbells and pool sticks.  

Anonu

Nimble Giver

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:43 pm
When I'm not working, not going to school, not studying, and not doing homework, I usually do one of the following hobbies of mine:
gaia_star cosplay
gaia_star draw
gaia_star karaoke
gaia_star on websites that I frequently use, such as Gaia Online, deviantART, or Facebook
gaia_star photography
gaia_star play Magic: The Gathering with my best friend and other club members of our Anime & Gaming Club
gaia_star play video games
gaia_star prop (specifically Keyblades) making
gaia_star read manga
gaia_star roleplay on Gaia, on one of the Facebook pages that I help run, or with my best friend
gaia_star run an Anime & Gaming Club twice a week as vice president
gaia_star take videos and edit the video footage
gaia_star upload my cosplay pictures on either my deviantART, my Facebook cosplay page, or my Instagram
gaia_star watch anime
gaia_star watch TV shows, such as The Flash

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:01 pm
Hi I'm Nena

I like Anime Cons
So far i have cosplayed
Shana - shakugan no shana
Orihime - Bleach
Female Ichigo - Bleach
Yuki - Vampire knight
Sailor mars - sailor moon
the under taker - black butler
moka - rasairo + vampire
random school girl
Female Big sister kyoya otori - Ouran high school host club
sakura - cardcaptor sakura
lillimon - digimon season 1&2
Lucy - Fairy tail

my next cosplay
tecna - winxclub

my other hobies Drawing , K-Dramas, K-POP,i go to school for animation, K-pop, hang out with friends, shopping , and other stuff
i take at least one picture a day of something like the sky , weather, my self ,others stuff

xp  

nena_sakura

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Ghost Girlfriend

Mewling Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:20 pm
Besides going to cons, my other hobbies include drawing, free writing, crocheting, and skating biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:25 pm
nena_sakura
Hi I'm Nena

I like Anime Cons
So far i have cosplayed
Orihime - Bleach
Female Ichigo - Bleach
Yuki - Vampire knight
moka - rasairo + vampire
random school girl
Lucy - Fairy tail

my next cosplay
tecna - winxclub

my other hobies Drawing , K-Dramas, K-POP,i go to school for animation, K-pop, hang out with friends, shopping , and other stuff
i take at least one picture a day of something like the sky , weather, my self ,others stuff

xp

Hi Nena,

As you know I'm a Cosplay Photographer. Most of the characters that you have cosplayed I have taken photos of. Ones that have gotten my interest that you have done is Sailor Mars (My Favorite Scout), Yuki, Ichigo, sakura, and Lucy. Also I have watched Winxclub. I have never known anyone that has cosplayed one of those characters. Have fun making that outfit. If you haven't done so please post some of the photos that have been taken of your cosplay outfits in the photo sub forum. Also if you have a Facebook or Deviant Art webpage it would be nice to know about that as well. So that we can check out more of your work.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

nena_sakura

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:05 pm
smithers456
nena_sakura
Hi I'm Nena

I like Anime Cons
So far i have cosplayed
Orihime - Bleach
Female Ichigo - Bleach
Yuki - Vampire knight
moka - rasairo + vampire
random school girl
Lucy - Fairy tail

my next cosplay
tecna - winxclub

xp

Hi Nena,

As you know I'm a Cosplay Photographer. Most of the characters that you have cosplayed I have taken photos of. Ones that have gotten my interest that you have done is Sailor Mars (My Favorite Scout), Yuki, Ichigo, sakura, and Lucy. Also I have watched Winxclub. I have never known anyone that has cosplayed one of those characters. Have fun making that outfit. If you haven't done so please post some of the photos that have been taken of your cosplay outfits in the photo sub forum. Also if you have a Facebook or Deviant Art webpage it would be nice to know about that as well. So that we can check out more of your work.

me and my friends are planning to do it at youmacon but my friends are going to colossol con and doing winx club , I will be doing it at youma , we still need 2 more to complete the winx Musa and aiesha(layla) gaia_kittenstar I'm still in the process of making mine  
Getting To Know You

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff