Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply The School of Dedicated Role Players
The Night of Seasons [Dragon Fighters RP DLC |OPEN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dokuro Togiretogire

Original Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:09 am
User Image
User Image
                  The Night of Seasons

As the sun starts to set over Draconia on the day of chosen, people come out to the streets. All those who has passed their 16th season is considered an adult. This is the first night where they are under the same laws as their parents or guardians. They are allowed to sign up for the army, chosen or not. To own land and to get married. Then what is very common on this night, drink. It is seen as a passage of adulthood. Taverns and inns are opened late and sell beer and wine. The main square of Draconia City is lit up by torches, music and laughter. Younger kids are dancing and enjoying themselves.

Playable Area: Main square: A big open area of cobble stone, Large enough for several dragons to land at and wlak among a lot of people without it feeling crowded. Several taverns are opened along the sides of the square.
          *Happy Dragon *The Full Barrel *Drunken Fighter *The Silver Inn *Prancing Ponny

Dragon street: The main city hub for transport of carts and people along the city. There are a few taverns here and housings here
          *Carver Stables and housing *Green Flagon *The lonly rider *Black Brew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:48 pm
Taim Carver

After being home for quite some time. Treyel lay on his bed happily asleep. The dragon would rest the entire night but this night was something that Taims both brother had made him wait for. This day he was an adult and he was allowed to drink. Dad had allowed him to drink beer at various occasion but only small amounts and in controlled ways, now no one would stop him. He was all nervous for this and exited at the same time. Like a huge wall or a big jump just waiting ahead to be beaten. Now he walked out tot he main square. It was his night and all those now adults time. Where should he go first?

Dokuro Togiretogire

Original Sex Symbol

yarricksrevenge

Greedy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:29 pm
Slipping out Bartimaues quickly took off into the night. While he didn't want to go he probably would meet one or two others who were around his age and figured maybe he could learn a bit about some of the ones who were assigned to his squad. While he regretted not having his only pair of nice clothes with a quick appraisal his garb he decided that for a hunter it was at least presentable, this set of clothes had no holes or obvious repairs. walking swiftly to the party he felt a sharp prod in his neck from Cerunnos before he walked into a girl accidentally knocking her down. Softly saying "sorry" he helped her to her feet. A quick moment of hesitation as he recalled her face as the one who had found a stillborn from the ceremony was all that passed before he helped her to her feet. looking at her face he noticed that she was quite pretty but quickly dismissed the thought, most girls wanted little to nothing to do with him. he always had been the wierdo in the woods, or the one who looked funny, or a profusion of other remarks. Being around a girl made him more than a little uncomfortable. "Are you okay?" he asked as she dusted herself off.
-Adorkable Little Lurker-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:59 am
Rosaline Meyes

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

With great reluctance and upon her mothers request, Rosaline had dressed herself up in a pink-red gown with off the shoulder sleeves, the outfit topped off by a lovely red rose she had daringly plucked from a garden, sitting neatly in her brown short hair. Rosaline was not happy however, after finding out that the reason her mother had hidden the dress for her was this event, and she fully intended to sell the dress off when she was finished with it. It felt like such a waste when she and her mother had barely anything to eat, but her mother had seemed so desperate to make her happy that she had ended up wearing it anyway. Well, at least I'll be fed tonight, there were small areas with tables of food that Rosaline hadn't seen in years; hot bread, ham chops, fruit that wasn't rotten to the core. Even if she couldn't drink due to the cost of the beverage, she would feast tonight. As she made a beeline for one of the tables however, she walked right into a man and landed straight on the floor. Great, I've been here for barely a second the girl sighed and brushed off the helping hand, not wanting to make a scene. It was bad enough that she had be coaxed into dressing up, and she certainly didn't want any of her classmates seeing her like this.

"It's alright." She muttered, before slipping into a small clustered crowd of people, dusting herself off as she did so, still set on heading over to table she had spotted earlier. A few people from classes looked at her, and Rosaline sighed, and kept her gaze straight ahead. She knew that she looked odd in a dress so elegant, so unlike her, and she didn't care for the looked aimed her way that reminded her of that fact constantly. Finally, she made her way through the crowd and arrived at the table she had set her sight on and immediately helped herself to a bowl of hot soup. After eating the soup with two rolls of bread, and taking another roll of bread to bring home for her mother, Rosaline began to look around. Everyone was happy, and many other girls like herself were dressed up, albeit unlike her willingly, and many of the men were eager to head into the taverns for their first drink. Some people had sorted themselves into small groups of friends, standing around and chattering, and some people were dancing to the music which floated through the air. Rosaline ate some more, savouring the rare opportunity to fill her stomach, and watched, wondering what she could do for the rest of the night.

The alcohol was too expensive and being around the dragons didn't appeal to her either, as it was another painful reminder of how her own had passed away. It had been bad enough that she had bumped into someone who had one perching on their shoulder. With her grief still fresh, she didn't particularly feel like dancing either, although she stood back and watched people dance for a while, trying her best to blend into the crowd away from those who might recognise her. At least the dress makes me blend in a little, Rosaline thought as her gaze traveled over to follow the young people heading into the taverns, wishing a little that she could join in in what many people her age considered the best part of the event; having your first drink. It signified becoming an adult, the start of a new chapter in your life, and having the responsibility to choose your own path to take. Leaning against a wall, Rosaline shifted her thoughts elsewhere and listened to the musicians play their songs, and watched as the townspeople danced.

Out Of Coins: (( ))

yarricksrevenge

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Dokuro Togiretogire

Original Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:06 pm
User Image
Taim Carver

Taim walked with a cup in each hand. The money head received was plenty it seemed. Today it was a lot cheaper than normal. There was a bunch of people but in all and all he thought he saw Bartimaues. He slowly worked his way towards him. There was nothing Taim could do but he saw the collision ahead in time. It probably looked a lot worse in a distance but the girl he walked into was pretty. He couldn't take note of this girl but there was a lot of people in the capital today then regular due to the chosing cermony. "Barti, I got some ale. It's a lot cheaper than I thought." With a big smile he handed one of the jugs to Bartimaues. Then he turned to Rosaline. "Hi, I'm Taim. See you met Bartimaues." Then he eyed her closer. "Let me buy you a drink to excuse my friends unlucky collision and hope we'll bring this night a lot more marry."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:58 pm
Dokuro Togiretogire

Bartimaeus

Turning to regard Taim Baritmaeus only had a cocked eyebrow to his new nickname but quickly hid it as he decided to let it go unhindered and accepted the ale with a nod and a quick "thanks". Turning to observe the girl he allowed himself a moment to admire her before bowing awkwardly and saying, "I am truly sorry and hope I did not harm you." Quietly he bade Cerrunos to keep as hidden as he could. The little wyrm complained before he was quickly reminded that the girl had not found hers alive. Proffering his calloused and rough hand he introduced himself. "I am Bartimaeus, and my condolences from the sands for your loss." The memory of how much it hurt when he lost someone brought a single tear which he quickly concealed, it would be better if he wasn't more of a sideshow than his eye and scar made him already.  

yarricksrevenge

Greedy Shapeshifter

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:59 am
Rosaline Meyes

"It's alright." Rosaline repeated in a level, but quiet voice to the stranger who had somehow managed to catch up with her, and had brought a familiar face along with him, who carried two cups of ale, one in each hand. Everything seemed normal, until Taim felt the need to introduce himself, as if they had never met before, even going as far to lean forwards slightly as if to see if he could recognize her. She didn't look that, different- she was only wearing a dress, and even a few people had noticed her. Had Taim gotten drunk already or was this some attempt at a joke regarding her clothing? Nodding silently to the stranger who offered condolences, she shook his hand politely. Unsure of if Taim was jesting or not, she agreed to the offer, "If you insist." She replied warily, the offer an appealing nonetheless.

At least she would have one drink, with a friend, and maybe that drink would help her forget about her loss, that was quickly brought fresh into her mind at a squirming beneath the strangers cloak, which she could only guess was a dragon from the noise it had made in protest, a small, scratchy squeak of a roar. As kindly as the man had tried to hide it, it was hard for her not to notice, given her grief. A drink with a friend would be nice, regardless of if said friend was teasing her, or was being very ignorant. I do hope he's jesting, she thought, as she looked around at the taverns, unsure of which was the best choice. There was the Silver Inn which had an ornately silver metal plaque bearing it's name on it's sign, the Full Barrel which stated it's name with a simple icon of a simple mead barrel and a few more, all of which seemed to be doing well on such a busy day, judging from the steady trickle of new adults walking in and out, many carrying beverages like Taim did.

yarricksrevenge

Dokuro Togiretogire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:27 am
User Image
Taim Carver

Taim smiled up and and laughed quickly as Rosaline agreed to join him. "You look different in the dress then your usual garbs. For a second I didn't realise it was you Rosaline. I must say it is really pretty upon you." The Full Barrel had been filled to the brim when he had purchased these half pints. The chance of that place having a seat would be slim and a seat was required. "Let us try the Silver In. Probably the highest chance for a seat right now." He drank his ale swiftly, the day had left him thirsty. As he lowered the cup, he exhaled heavily. With that over he then begun to lead them both through the crowd. An excuse me and sorry there as he'd slip by as a salmon in the stream. The Silver In was mostly busy in the bar as most people bought drinks and left. Taim had a different idea on how to fix the night.

In the left wing of the room was a free round table with matching chairs. Looked to a maid and ordered in a large jug of mead and a large jug of ale. "Might as well try more then one thing tonight, right?" Smiling widely, he asked his companions a more or less rhetorical question. At the same time he pulled out a chair and offered it to Rosaline. In the back of his head he heard his mother voice in how to be proper when serving a woman. After all there had been days that he helped out with serving their guests.

Dokuro Togiretogire

Original Sex Symbol

yarricksrevenge

Greedy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:09 am
Bartimaeus

Following Taim Bartimaeus didn't really worry about bumping into anyone. people almost subconsciously moved out of his way. As they sat Taim ordered some more alcohol and Bartimaeus ordered a bottle of wine. "May as well splurge a bit." was all he offered his companions. mentally counting he recalled how much he had on him, minus what he paid. "I still have about 50," he thought to Cerunnos, "minus of course my emergency 20 of course." "that much?" the little dragon returned. "Its all the money i was saving for a different festival plus savings for the yearly choosing." "think ahead much?" "my income is fairly steady so i save whenever i can." Looking up from his thoughts he was shocked by the sight of the little green dragon curled up around the bottle of wine and looking at the girl. Taim had said her name was Rosaline. looking her dead in the eye with a slight smile he proffered her and taim a glass before realizing the dragon was creeping closer to the girl curiously. He decided to leave it since he had asked him to hide for so long. Then came the real surprise. He sensed the small dragon send a thought to her.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:12 am
Rosaline Meyes

Rosaline laughed at the compliment, which while she appreciated knowing that the dress didn't look terrible on her, she still felt rather alienated by the fancy clothing. The silk was smooth and sleek, not rough like the clothes she wore, was a pretty colour, and not brown...it just felt odd, uncomfortable even to be wearing these clothes. Following Taim into the crowd and towards The Silver Inn with ease, she could sense eyes on her, but quickly brushed the feeling off. Nodding in thanks, she took a seat at the table Taim had quickly located in the busy place, surprised that her friend was being as formal as to pull her a chair, but she didn't question it. "I don't see why we shouldn't." For the sake of appearances, she managed a small smile, knowing she didn't look exactly happy otherwise. The girl had been mourning for a while now, and it was clear part of her still was.

The stranger, Bartimaues, offered to pay, which Rosaline had no problem with as she couldn't offer coin herself, as much as she would've liked to if she had had any. Watching the barmaid wander off for a moment, she then looked back over to the table and looked at the small green dragon which had unwittingly introduced itself earlier, who had found a comfortable spot by wrapping its tail snugly around a half full wine bottle, peering at her, as if it was curious. The sight of the small creature brought fresh pain but she tried her best to ignore it, as it wasn't the hatchlings fault after all, and simply focused on taking the glass of alcohol offered to her; mead it looked like due to the colour being a little duller in comparison to the faintly golden liquid she recognised to be ale. She politely took a drink, the flavour sharp and foreign, but warm, which was something she didn't get to feel often, so it immediately made the beverage an appealing one. And then, maybe it was a trick of the sudden warmth of the mead, she felt as if she had heard a voice, a voice in her head. A voice in my head? the green dragon was still watching her, and the thought occurred to her that it could be the dragon, but why would it want to talk to her? I'm probably just imagining things, there were plenty of people in the inn, chatting loudly, so it wouldn't be totally unreasonable if she had misheard someone. "Thanks." She said to both men, grateful for their company on what would have otherwise been a long night.

yarricksrevenge

Dokuro Togiretogire

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Dokuro Togiretogire

Original Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:54 am
User Image
Taim Carver

Taim tried the mead as well. It had a very different taste and structure of the ale. There was this hint of honey, as that was the basic component along with water to make the drink. It was sweeter than the ale but fuller with taste. This was probably his favorite drink. Vine on the other hand was something he would wait until later to drink. "Yes, for a night to remember. One of our last as civilians for the coming future." Then he fell silent and looked at the dragon that came with Bartimaeus. It held the attentions of his drinking buddies. Then Rosaline spoke again and it seemed the little quiet moment had passed.

Then Taim raised his drink and smiled big to the others. "For a night amongst friends, new and old. Cheers." He took a mouthful and swallowed. This was a really good drink indeed. As he but the mug down he looked at Rosaline. "Forget your troubles for the night. I will back you, so order what you like to eat and drink. I've gotten more than enough for me to spend on me own. I'd rather spend them with one I've shared adventures with." With talk of order, he felt the sting of hunger as he realized he'd forgot to eat dinner before leaving. There had been a lot to do at the stables.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:14 pm
Rosaline Meyes

The voice didn't speak anymore, so she brushed it off, a trick of her ears, and smiled a small smile at the cheerful statement Taim made. He had a point, tonight, they were adults, adults that could make their own choices and choose the path they wanted to take in life, and so it was a night to be merry on. She took another drink out of her tankard, the liquid warm with a mulled sweetness, one which she faintly recognised to be honey, but only just. It had been a long time since she had had such a luxury, even if it was just a small amount in a drink. The next offer surprised her, and even though she accepted it with a quiet surprised expression, her thoughts travelled back to home. Her mother would be hungry tonight, and Rosaline had made a point to snatch up a large loaf of bread, one she kept tucked into her shawl, to take home later. "It's not that simple, but thank you Taim." She laughed a little at the mention of adventures. It was true that sometimes he had pushed his luck, and had earned a deft swipe from the girl which more often connected than not. It was still odd though, to be able to choose what she drank and ate, she normally settled for what she could steal and earn through small jobs. And from the the looks of things Taim was also thinking of food.

"Lets order the stew." She had picked up a small menu, and the meal was cheap and sounded hearty, full of meat and vegetables, and she could already smell it in the air, one which made her stomach pang with hunger despite her having eaten as much as she could at the free buffet. This meal would fill them both, and even when she was relaxed, her brain told her that she should go for the most practical meal, as if it was the last one she would have that night. Rosaline knew that wasn't the case, but after living the way she had for so many years, she had become sharper, more instinctive, taking what she could when she could in order to survive, whether that was a good loaf of bread, or raw bruised vegetables. But even then, she was more relaxed, less irritable than usual, glad to be with friends.

yarricksrevenge

Dokuro Togiretogire

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

yarricksrevenge

Greedy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:10 pm
Bartimaeus

Looking around while sipping his wine Bartimaus relaxed. It was unusual for him to actually have company during a festival. In good spirits even he didn't know what came over him when the entertainers walked by. With only a wink at his companions he quickly got up and had a quick discussion with the juggler to borrow a few balls and quickly started juggling mentally counting the rhythm in his head as the juggler added more until they started passing them between them. "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10...." putting on a show the two of them pretended to lose one before it suddenly appeared on top of Rosaline's head with but a wink from a nearby magician. As the bard began to sing he walked up to Rosaline and bowed low. "May i have this dance m'lady?" The small dragon stared at him mouth open in shock in such a way some people nearby laughed at the small beast. Looking at Rosaline the small wyrm prompted "i'd do it, its odd for him to this friendly with people. normally they point, laugh, and flee so hes bound to be in a damn good mood." With a glance at the dragon and a quick thought of "Watch your language." he smiled at Rosaline.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:45 pm
User Image
Taim Carver

Taim felt pleased when he heard Rosaline ask to order the stew. She had accepted his request and hopefully had not felt that it was gifts tot he poor but to spend time with a friend. Stew sounded good and the thought of meat and spices and all the stuff you put in stew. "Aye, stew it is" With no more to think about it Taim got the attention of a barmaid and ordered the stew to be given to the table. Then as he turned to fill his jug, Bartimaeus was busy playing with jugglers. There was a lot to the new friend of his. It was also not the way he had pictured the silent boy, well man now. The drinks must have some effect on them both. Taim felt a bit warm and his head felt, odd but in a good way.

From nowhere Rosaline was asked to dance with their drinking mate. There was somewhat of a pause. Silently Taim eyed them both and wondered if he should say something but decided not to in this scenario. There may be a chance that he'd make it worse so better to remain silently and see how it played out first and after all, it was only a dance. There where other people that danced both inside and outside so. A happy thing to do on a happy nigth as this.

Dokuro Togiretogire

Original Sex Symbol

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:53 am
Rosaline Meyes

"No you may not." The answer came out sharper than she had intended, but a glint of annoyance and surprise had already appeared in her eyes. He was a stranger to her, regardless of how he had offered his condolences, and the few tricks he had learnt from a circus performer. He hadn't even spoken properly to her before, and along with little interest in the man, she only felt as if the attention was brought on by her richer robes. Rosaline felt a little bad about how quickly she had responded, but she couldn't force herself to do otherwise, even with the encouraging words of the small dragon, which it turned out could communicate, and she hadn't imagined its voice after all. For both of their sakes and wishing to leave the awkward conversation in the past, she forced a smile and looked over to the barmaid who kindly brought over their food in several bowls, a serving for each of them.

With the sudden awkward tension in the air, and a bowl full of food she hadn't had in a long time, Rosaline felt a little overwhelmed, but began to eat quietly, deciding that even with the odd man around still that was no reason not to fill her stomach while she could. She forced herself to eat slowly, despite feeling a pang in her stomach even when she'd eaten so much at the outdoor buffet table, using a spoon in a practical neat manner. It began to cross her mind that the two men simply pitied her, and were trying to be nice, but she quickly forced the thought out of her mind. She should try to enjoy most of the night, even if things would be back to normal as soon as it grew darker outside. She had the bread to bring to her mother, and she looked forward to bringing to giving her a nice surprise.

yarricksrevenge

Dokuro Togiretogire

The School of Dedicated Role Players

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out