Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:20 pm
User Image

It is spring, and these frolicsome critters need new homes! The truth of it is, I have way too many SoA, and am cleaning out a bit. It seems hyenas are hard for me to rp, and I think these pretties deserve homes where they will be RP'd. Keep in mind, this is the goal of this rehoming! That being said, once winners are picked, that's it. The character is YOURS to do with as you wish. So take a look and see who strikes you!

Rules... gotta have em.

1. All characters need to be formed via SoA standards. No English/American names. No jobs as computer techs. No magical abilities. Impediments and previous injuries are allowed, but keep in mind that sometimes these make the character MUCH harder to rp.

2. This thread is for entries or questions. Don't use this thread or any other means to discourage or disdain another entry or entrant. Be nice!

3. You can only win ONE hyena from this! You can enter for as many as you like, though!

4. Please use the form, and fill it completely out!

5. Each of these characters has had only one or no rp. Any previous rps will be considered null and void, their slate wiped clean when they change hands.

6. If the hyena is in a pride, it does NOT have to remain there. New owners may keep them in the pride or take them elsewhere.

7. Each newbie gets one ticket max for the raffle, if so desired.

8. If the hyena is in a pride, please at least take a look at the pride information before deciding whether to keep them there or not.

START DATE: Now!
END DATE: April 30th, 10pm Pacific

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:22 pm
How to Enter

Use the form below, one form per hyena. You may enter for as many as you wish. If you are entering for more than one, please put all entries in a single post. You can edit your post to add another entry or adjust your previous entries.

[b]Hyena:[/b] (which one is this for?)
[b]New Name and Meaning:[/b] (if you want to give him/her a new name, put it here! Just put n/a if you want to keep the old name.)
[b]Do you want a ticket to the SoA Newbie Final Raffle?:[/b] (Five or less regular SoA count as newbies. Please indicate if you aren't a newbie.)
[b]Do you enjoy rping?:[/b]

[b]Personality and History:[/b] (This should NOT be a short blurb. Impress me with what he or she is like! You can use a description, prose, poetry, or rp style to answer this! Do whatever you like!)

[b]What does he/she wish for the future?:[/b] (Tell me about their hopes, dreams, aims, aspirations, whatever! This is from an IC perspective.)

[b]Do you have any plans on where to take them or plots for their future that they might not be aware of just yet?:[/b] (This is the OOC perspective on their future! What do YOU want for them?)

[b]Any Extra Notes:[/b] (Just in case there's more you want to say!)

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:25 pm
Baridi

User Image

Name: Baridi'nje
Meaning: "chill out" in Swahili
Colorist: Kirei (this means she'd be certed via the Departed Colorist thread)

Current Location: Sikukuu
Current Rank: Celebrant
Relevant History: She's been part of Sikukuu for a long time.
Family: none

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:28 pm
Odi

User Image

Name: Odigos Measteria
Meaning: There was one, but I don't remember what it is now, sorry!
Colorist: Cajanic

Current Location: Roguelands
Relevant History: none
Family: none

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:32 pm
Sapori

User Image

Name: Sapori
Meaning: "flavors" in Italian
Colorist: Ecavi

Current Location: Kitwana'antara
Current Rank: Secretkeeper
Relevant History: She joined K'A on a whim for a relationship that never really happened.
Family: I fail here... she does have a sister somewhere, but it was three years ago, and I have no image or record of who owned her. (If this was you, speak up so I can get the info here!) No parents, though, just the sister.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:35 pm
Gremina

User Image

Name: Gremina
Meaning: based on "abyss" in Albanian
Colorist: Nerp

Relevant History: She was briefly raised, if you can call it that, by her father. Eventually she just made her own way in the world.
Family: Her father is my Liekko. He is a liar in all ways. He will never, EVER tell the truth about anything. He wasn't thrilled with being saddled with a child. She has never known his real name, nor anything about him.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:38 pm
NEWBIE RAFFLE!

This is only open to newbies, and only to those who do not win one of the above hyenas. Winners will be quoted and asked to indicate they are keeping the name of the hyena or giving it a new one. Should two weeks pass without a reply, I will send a PM. If a week later they are still unclaimed, I will roll again. They will be rolled for individually.

Daya

User Image

Name: Dayaluta
Meaning: There was one, but it's been forgotten at this point.
Colorist: Ameh (this means all certing goes into the Departed Colorist thread)

Family: Kulayngiti (see below!)

Kulay

User Image

Name: Kulayngiti
Meaning: "color smile" in Filipino
Colorist: Nerp

Family: Dayaluta (see above!)

Entrant List
will go here

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:40 pm
Once winners are chosen, I will be posting for their certs and owner change immediately. Winners of the newbie raffle, please be prompt with getting me name info!

With that, I declare this open!  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

nessiaing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:50 pm
-throws confetti all around the thread-  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:40 pm
Hyena: Gremina
New Name and Meaning: N/A
Do you want a ticket to the SoA Newbie Final Raffle?: No
Do you enjoy rping?: YES!

Personality and History:

As I was busy “being”
just who I am,
I didn’t care what others were seeing.
To be as they wish, would be a sham
and I will not be part of a scam.

People are really the sum
of everything that has touched their lives.
When others take issue with what you’ve become,
don’t expect to receive high fives.
If you stay true, your uniqueness survives.

No one can tell you what to feel,
when to laugh or how to pray.
The very act of being real
will find you rising above the fray,
dispelling regrets each day.

For if you submit to playing a role
that doesn’t fit your personality,
you’ll dig yourself deep into a hole.
Don’t succumb to others’ mentality;
maintain your individuality.

(I did not take credit for this poem, but I think it fits how I want her to be. Her own unique and independent self.)

What does he/she wish for the future?: She wants to travel and eventually find a place to call a home. Maybe. She likes the freedom of not having anyone to listen to or rules to follow. She does eventually want to have a family to call hers, but right now isn't really the time for that. She just wants the ability to continue being herself without strings to hold her down.
Do you have any plans on where to take them or plots for their future that they might not be aware of just yet?: I want her to eventually find a place to settle down at and work her way into a rather notable position within whatever pride I place her in. I want to perhaps have her go through a few obstacles on the way, perhaps run into her absent father and give her even more reasons to not really ever want to know him.

Any Extra Notes: Yay for Yeenurs!!! Thank you for this opportunity. <3  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:48 am
Hyena:  Sapori
New Name and Meaning:  N/A
Do you want a ticket to the SoA Newbie Final Raffle?:  (Five or less regular SoA count as newbies.  Please indicate if you aren't a newbie.)  I'm not a newbie c:
Do you enjoy rping?:   Most definitely.

Personality and History:  (I don't want to include anything about her relationship with family/sister obviously without consulting the owner so a little of the history will be wishy-washy until that time.)

Taken to a pride of diseased lions,
She seemed to be a mystery without even tryin'.
Strutting about and licking her lips,
One of her jobs was to keep it zipped.

Working under the Queen and King
What she did was a necessary thing
She felt no shame and was always full
It was helpful, not a merciless cull

Loyal to her word, she had joined on a whim,
She supposed, really, it was to be with him.
It was something that had left her a little miffed,
But she'd shook her head and gave a great sniff.

This lady takes no messing, no fooling around,
She won't let you push her down to the ground
Standing up for herself, she can give a little sass
But she's often happy to work en masse.

Proud of her position
She'll make no admission
To the secret she holds
As her story unfolds.

(I can see her growing to like the air of mystery that follows her and feeling some sort of (positive) power from holding the secret, potentially.)

What does he/she wish for the future?:  She wants to carry on living a blissful life and thinks she might dabble in some aspects of healing but enjoys her current position - she's not actively wishing for a mate/family and enjoys the fact that she can be independent.
Do you have any plans on where to take them or plots for their future that they might not be aware of just yet?:  She thinks she's not bothered about a mate and family but I'd like to her her with a mate and a couple of pups in her later IC life. I like her current position and location as I think it has a lot of potential for growth and interesting RP, but I might have her travel for a while, maybe meeting someone there, or heading off to another pack/pride for a bit... I'm not 100% on that yet... but I'd like to see her in some sort of travelling duo and falling in love, but that'd require her to give up her mystery and allure in the Kitwana! I'd also love for her to have to eat someone that she was close to, and she can see the more difficult side of her role, perhaps this could mean her leaving? Not sure c:

Any Extra Notes:  Thanks for the contest c:  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:33 am
Hyena: Baridi'nje
New Name and Meaning: Ewyn’Mor it means Sea Foam in Welsh
Do you want a ticket to the SoA Newbie Final Raffle?: Nope, I am not a newbie
Do you enjoy rping?: Yes LOVE it

Personality and History: Personality Song:
"God" by John Lennon

God is a Concept by which
we measure our pain
I'll say it again
God is a Concept by which
we measure our pain
I don't believe in magic
I don't believe in I-ching
I don't believe in Bible
I don't believe in Tarot
I don't believe in Hitler
I don't believe in Jesus
I don't believe in Kennedy
I don't believe in Buddha
I don't believe in Mantra
I don't believe in Gita
I don't believe in Yoga
I don't believe in Kings
I don't believe in Elvis
I don't believe in Zimmerman
I don't believe in Beatles
I just believe in me...and that reality

The dream is over
What can I say?
the Dream is Over
Yesterday
I was the Dreamweaver
But now I'm reborn
I was the Walrus
But now I'm John
and so dear friends
you'll just have to carry on
The Dream is over

Ewyn'Mor grew up happy enough in the Sikukuu, but as time grew on she realized she felt less and less like she knew who she was and where she belonged. Once she realized this she changed her name and set to leave the Sikukuu.

Despite not knowing who she is Ewyn is still a very sweet hyena, she just feels a little lost as to where she is suppose to be in life. She feels drawn towards the water, and she has heard stories of vast oceans and thinks that until she sees vast waters she will never know who she truly is.

What does he/she wish for the future?: Ewyn feels she MUST find the oceans, until she does she doesn't think she will be whole. She's not sure at which point it became so clear that she didn't belong in Sikukuu but she knew that it had been growing within in her for sometime and now it unbearable.

Once she finds the ocean, she thinks that she is going to find peace with herself and once she does she is hoping to find her dream male, and have a family settle down, find a pack, whatever have you, but it all starts with water.

Do you have any plans on where to take them or plots for their future that they might not be aware of just yet?: She will find the ocean, but its going to be a trial for her. She isn't going to stumble out of Sikukuu and make it right to the ocean, I want her to have to work for it a little bit (everyone needs a little pain in their lives). Upon finding the ocean she will receive some peace though, she will know that by the sea was where she was always suppose to be. I do hope that she will find a mate shortly after arriving at the sea, but we will see what is out there for her.

Any Extra Notes: Yeenur love! Thanks for planning this for us all.  

nessiaing

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:50 am
Hyena: Odigos Measteria
New Name and Meaning: Odigos (I'd just trim it down a bit. I love Odi as a nickname too much haha. I'll try and poke around and see what it means!)
Do you want a ticket to the SoA Newbie Final Raffle?: Not a newb, good luck to them though!
Do you enjoy rping?: Oh very much yes!

Personality and History:

Odigos was abandoned at a very young age and he does not recall who his family was. Was he a member of a pack? Did he have siblings? He isn't sure. What he is certain of is that the reason for his abandonment was blindness.

Stumbling around on his own for weeks, the young hyena very nearly starved to death until he was rescued by a friendly band of hyenas who took pity on him and helped revive him.

Growing up, Odigos continued to be very unsettled by his blindness, never very sure of himself, until his adoptive mother sat him down and began to describe the world to him. A true storyteller, she taught him to appreciate the things he couldn't see, including himself once she explained to him that he was in fact an attractive hyena with a lot to offer everyone around him.

Between being a pup and being an adult, Odigos took what she told him to heart. Possibly a little too much to heart. Because he can't see himself, he only knows that his family told him he was attractive and lovely. He's now fairly certain that on a scale of 1-10 on attractiveness, he is a 10. He also learned his adopted mother's way with words, and when he's not using them to flatter himself he likes to use them to speak out for those in need, and against slavery/harming others.

Sadly for him, his adopted family was kidnapped by slavers, or possibly humans, he isn't sure which, and doesn't know if he'll ever find them again. On his own, he seeks them out where he can, using the survival skills they taught him so he can make it on his own, and his way with words to get out of (or into) trouble.

What does he/she wish for the future?: Life, love, and liberty! Odigos may be full of himself, but he sticks up for the little guy and girl. He can't win in a fight, but he has a way with words and hopes to use that to help whoever he can. And tell everyone else he's pretty great.

He's looking for his adopted family, but doesn't know where to look. They were likely taken by humans, but he also thinks they could have been enslaved by hostile lions or their like.

Do you have any plans on where to take them or plots for their future that they might not be aware of just yet?: Well, since he doesn't seem to have had anything going on I'll probably have him as a rogue searching for his family or friends/a pack where he can use his powers for good.

Any Extra Notes: (Just in case there's more you want to say!)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:46 am
New Name and Meaning: N/A
Do you want a ticket to the SoA Newbie Final Raffle?: (Five or less regular SoA count as newbies. Please indicate if you aren't a newbie.) NOT a newbie, heh...
Do you enjoy rping?: Very much so... Despite being a bit slow and unreliable lately.

Personality and History: Baridi is actually a bit of a wallflower. She's awfully quiet and reserved for being a member of a party pride, and when meeting her for the first time you might get the impression that she is... well... slow. While she isn't quick to voice her opinion, or even answer questions, she's far from stupid. This hyena prefers to think things through, and sometimes she can come back with well thought out answers and clever ideas hours or days later. Her close friends have learned to wait for those moments, and she doesn't mind the opinion of those without patience.

Another tempting assumption might be that Baridi was born in the pride and simply lacked the initiative to leave for something else, but the truth is that she joined the pride as an adolescent. It might not look like it, but she really feels at home in her chosen home. She enjoys all the partying but sees no need to be center stage.

What does he/she wish for the future?: Baridi is happy being a celebrant, and enjoys helping with what she can and watching the excitement from the sidelines. She expects that she'll be a mother some day, since the Sikukuu is so big on family. There is no partner at the moment, however, and she isn't actively looking. She just figures she'll have pups some day, since that's what females do.

Do you have any plans on where to take them or plots for their future that they might not be aware of just yet?: (This is the OOC perspective on their future! What do YOU want for them?) I'd like her to make friends (or perhaps plot with people who can be her old friends), and I also want her to meet people who doesn't understand her style and who will dismiss her as a dumb hyena. I'm not sure if she'll just shrug it of or plan elaborate getbacks, but I trust her to tell me in RP. I imagine she's not quick to anger, but if someone manages to really tick her off... oh boy... I wouldn't want to be in their shoes. Actually I'd like to try to push her over that edge at some point, even if it isn't very nice of me to want that. Heh...

It might also be fun to have her meet a typical submissive hyena male and see what levels of awkward they can achieve together. She's certainly less assertive than the average female hyena.

Any Extra Notes: I like Sikukuu AND hyenas. How could I resist? Now to see if I need to make more entries biggrin  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:35 pm
New Name and Meaning: n/a
Do you want a ticket to the SoA Newbie Final Raffle?: I'm not a newbie.
Do you enjoy rping?: Yes!

Personality and History: Baridi, as her name hints at, is one of the more relaxed creatures on the block. Laid back as she is however, she loves to have a good time, which led to her joining the Sikukuu pride. She revels in the company of others no matter their species and will do quite a lot in order to spend time with her pride members. Though she is a Celebrant she spends a lot of time hanging around the Performers, especially the comedians of the bunch. She loves to exchange her own jokes with the lot of them and oh, the pride she feels when she can get them to laugh is exhilarating!

Need a helping paw? She'll be happy to assist with whatever task you've got for her! Hunting, heavy lifting, running a booth? She's on it! Baridi takes everything in stride, wanting to always be on the move and keeping herself busy and full of merriment.

Of course, there are times when there is nothing for her to do, which drives her absolutely bonkers. And don't even get her started on how painful it is to wait for something she's looking forward to! She's not someone to dwell on the past either and when asked about her adolescence, she simply shrugs and says something along the lines of, "I was born a Rogue, but when I saw how much fun the Sikukuu was having I knew I just had to join in!"

What does he/she wish for the future?: While she loves her life as a Celebrant, Baridi has been starting to wish to join the Performers on stage. She wants everyone to be able to laugh at her jokes and if she got to perform skits with the more experienced members of the pride? Well, that would be living the dream, wouldn't it?

She hasn't thought much into love or romance with her dream of taking the stage being her first and foremost goal. She doesn't quite fancy the idea of being a mother, but if someone came in and swept her off her paws, she likely wouldn't be able to say no in seriousness.

Do you have any plans on where to take them or plots for their future that they might not be aware of just yet?: I would like her to move up in the ranks from a Celebrant to a Performer, though she'd retain her helpful attitude. Which is to say that in-between performances, Baridi would still be helping out the Crafters and Entertainers that needed an extra paw.

If I find someone as social and theatrical enough as she who hits it off with her in RP, then I'll consider breeding her, but for the moment, I just want her to enjoy her life in the Sikukuu and find some friends to enjoy her youth with. x3

Any Extra Notes: Thank you very much for hosting this contest! 3nodding

Hyena: Odigos Measteria
New Name and Meaning: Nyoka Ulimi/ Snake Tongue
Do you want a ticket to the SoA Newbie Final Raffle?: I'm not a newbie.

Personality and History: Born to a mother of sly wit and a father of survivalist instinct, Nyoka learned quickly how to adapt in order to live with them in his youth. His mother taught him how a smile could mean good wishes and malicious intent in different moments. His father taught him how to hunt down his prey, whether they be herbivores or carnivores. His father took him out scavenging, while his mother took him to observe the emotions and facial reactions of other animals. He was made to see the difference between fear and anger, surprise and confusion, sorrow and distrust.

When he grew into an adolescent, his teachings were over and his parents became more distant, before leaving entirely. He doesn't believe that his parents even stayed together after they left him to the Roguelands. He was not bitter about their departure. He had been suspecting the arrival of such a day and now it was time to put his own wit to practice.

In the practice of such, he has grown into a creature that is not easily noticed by others. He manages to slip through the Roguelands often unnoticed by other predators, though he has the means to fight if he makes a mistake. He doesn't tolerate himself making mistakes and will go out of his way to try and avoid such things.

In the presence of others, he is charming, sarcastic, and seems to give off malicious intent. Perhaps his mother had more of an impact on him than dear ol' dad, or perhaps he was as his namesake describes: snake-like.

What does he/she wish for the future?: Nyoka enjoys the company of others, if only to show off his wit and cunning. He has toyed with the idea of joining a group as a high rank, somewhere that he could have the respect of others--to be idolized, rather.

However, that means that he'd have to go out of his way to search for somewhere to join and he'd have to charm his way into the hearts of some group leader. What a pain... Perhaps he'll stay in the Roguelands a while longer.

Do you have any plans on where to take them or plots for their future that they might not be aware of just yet?: I'll look around to see if I can find him a group that would suit his interests, but if not, then he'll likely just stay a rogue. We'll see how it goes.

By way of breedings, he's too egotistic (though he'll never admit it himself) to not have any offspring. He wants his legacy to continue, but he'll be very picky about the female he chooses for it. Even when he finds her, he'll only stay with her up until a pup of his caliber is produced. Unless the RP goes quite well and he becomes attached to her, it's likely that he'll take his favorite pup and leave, never coming back to her again. Whoo! Potential heartbreak plots!

Any Extra Notes: Thanks for having this contest! 3nodding

Hyena: Gremina
New Name and Meaning: n/a
Do you want a ticket to the SoA Newbie Final Raffle?: n/a

Personality and History: Gremina had the potential to be a even-tempered, imaginative young pup, but being raised by her father didn't give her the chance. He was a compulsive liar, a teller of tales, and she was impressionable. She took on his example, weaving stories of her own and in her mind, the more wild and unbelievable the tale, the better. She would get expressive and wild whenever she told these tales and maybe that's one of the reasons her father left. She'll never really know, as she's not seen him since.

When he was gone, her stories were all that she had left, so she embellished them. As a Rogue, she would come by many other creatures and weave them each a tale of her making. While she liked the unbelievable tales as an adolescent, she found that she liked spinning stories that others would believe in, for their reactions were more pleasing.

When she reached adulthood, she had a whole approach to her storytelling. A creature of nocturnal habit, she would pick foggy evenings or nights where the moon was hidden by clouds to go tell her tales. She liked to tell haunting stories best. Spirits that walked the lands where she and her audience stood, the victims of grand battles, who were looking for revenge on whomever they came across.

Oh, what a good time she had of it all and its been going on for so long that she daresay that she's become a story herself around the Roguelands. Even if she hasn't, that certainly would be a good thing to strive for, wouldn't it?

What does he/she wish for the future?: Gremina wants to become an urban legend in the Roguelands. She cares not for the rumors or stories around her, so long as they're something mysterious like, "A dark coated creature of the night." or something of that ilk. Can you imagine how much fun that would be?

Do you have any plans on where to take them or plots for their future that they might not be aware of just yet?: I would like to see her find some other storytelling SoA. I'm unsure to whether she'd prefer to join a group that allows her to weave such fantastical tales, but I suppose she'll tell me in RP.

I see her as a childish, wild girl so I can't see her settling down or having pups anytime soon. This may change as I get to know her better.

Any Extra Notes: Thanks for hosting this contest! yum_puddi  
[OOC] Events [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces