Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ithambo hlabathi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:54 am
User Image
Welcome to a Bonelands Giveaway!

Starts 7/26/15 || Ends TBA

Rules

1. Please be sure to read over the thread linked by the banner above and have a basic understanding of the pride's social structure and norms before entering any of these contests or grabbing tickets to the raffle!

2. All the lions given away through this even will need to remain part of the pride.

3. You may edit your RP contest entries up until the end date.

4. You may enter for everything in this thread, but you may only win one thing!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:55 am
FAMILY CONTESTS
There are three separate contests for this section. All three of them are meant to be a family. Information on that can be found in their sections.

THESE ARE CLOSED.

ENDA RP CONTEST
User Image

Family?
This boy has one sister (see below) and his mother (see below that). Their father was a rogue leopon who sired them (not during a rogue swap!), but are completely unaware of their hybrid heritage as the entire litter was lucky enough to be born pure lions. Other than that, he had a fairly normal and traditional raising in the pride.

This boy is a young adult, having grown up in Gakere and Surtak's reign, but coming of age at the start of Andhaka and Bangizwe's.

Vulture?
Lucky enough to get a vulture in his youth, he was given the option of becoming an Enda when his mane was fully grown. Trading his tooth for a feather, the two have been bonded since and now act as a longterm scout for the Bonelands.

Rank?
This boy is an Enda for the Bonelands. below is the description of the rank.

"Like their Zulu name suggests, these lions travel far. Because of this, they are always lions in their prime age and must have a particularly strong parternship with their vultures. Aenda are the scouts and diplomats of the Bonelands pride. They are in charge of scouting lands beyond the pridal territory in case the pride must move. The Aenda and their vulture-companion bring in information of traveling rogues or prides that may be a threat. They may be gone for weeks to months at a time, and so are not usually expected to have cubs. Aenda must be able to hunt for themselves, and be of a disciplined mind. They are often tasked with interacting with prides the Boneland’s may come in contact with. They will sometimes organize trades, and establish either good or bad relationships with other lion groups. These lions may even spend a few months in other pridal lands, learning culture and becoming friends, before returning to the Bonelands. Some, in fact, never come back. Because of the constant distance from the pride, adolescent (and even adult males) are allowed to become Enda instead of being kicked out of the pride. To do so, they must first prove themselves by obtaining a loyal vulture companion. A feather is taken from the vulture, and a tooth from the lion (an extremely painful process), and traded to one another to signify companionship. For this reason, Enda-lions and their vulture companions are easily recognized by their feather and tooth. Some IC information on Enda taking mates can be found in this post."

RP Prompts
a. You come across a rogue band of lions that seem to be making their way towards the border of where the Ithambo'hlabathi are currently stationed. They don't appear overly hostile from your vantage point, but they have two males heading it, though they both appear young.

The lionesses following behind them appear to have packs on their backs and some even have them around their necks. They could be possible traders, or they could have looted that from somewhere else...Regardless, they're heading towards your home. How do you deal with the situation?

b. Up to you!

Form

[size=11][b]Searching far and wide![/b]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name & Meaning:[/b]
[b]Vulture's Name & Meaning:[/b]
[b]Vulture's Gender:[/b]

[b]Lion's Personality:[/b]
[b]Vulture's Personality:[/b]

[b]Prompt Response:[/b] [/size]

LIONESS RP CONTEST
User Image
uncert

Edits?
None of his edits pass.

Family?
This girl has one brother (see above) and a mother (see below) within the pride. Their father was a rogue leopon who sired them (not during a rogue swap!), but are completely unaware of their hybrid heritage as the entire litter was lucky enough to be born pure lions. Other than that, she had a fairly normal and traditional raising in the pride.

This girl is a young adult, having grown up in Gakere and Surtak's reign, but coming of age at the start of Andhaka and Bangizwe's.

Rank?
She can be a Cinga or Umzingeli. If you choose to have her become a Cinga, she will receive a vulture familiar to go with her.

RP Prompts
a. A friend from your cubhood has confided in you that she found a male on the borders and that she might be pregnant. That alone is one thing, but she continues to tell you that he's a cheetah! She tells you how they met and how strong he actually is despite his species. While she begs you not to tell the Abaholi about the tryst, the fact that the cubs will obviously not be the lead males' is unsettling. If they find out, she'll be exiled with her cubs... How exactly do you react to the news of her 'cheating' on the Abaholi and the fact that she might have hybrid cubs?

b. You're hunting a hyena that has been harassing the pride for some time now and been able to evade being caught by the Abaholi and Inselelo. While most of the pride doesn't mind, seeing it more of a bother, it's time for this hyena to be put in its place. A little bit of food stolen every now and again is one thing, but this hyena just took off with a cub and now the pride's upset.

Form

[size=11][b]I'll hunt![/b]

[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Prompt Response:[/b] [/size]

LIONESS DESIGN CONTEST
This is a design contest! You will be designing the mother for the two above lions. Below you'll find a little information about her history within the pride, but her personality, looks and the rest of her backstory is up to you to create!

You must provide a reference image for her. Even a small, simple one.
She will not have any edits.

Family?
She has two children in the pride (see both contests above). Beyond that, she has no relatives within the pride and no close relatives outside of it either as both of her parents and aunts/uncles are deceased.

Rank?
This lioness is a Busisa in the pride.

History?
This lioness joined the pride midway through Gakere and Surtak's reign. Shortly afterwards, she became pregnant, but not by any of the Abaholi or Inselele. Instead the sire was a rogue leopon she had met while still learning the dos and donts of the pride. She bore three children, two lions...and one with the tail of a leopard. For the sake of herself and her other two children, she killed the leopon child and returned with only two, never telling anyone, not even her children, about the third cub.

Since then, she's been living normally within the pride.

Form

[size=11][b]I'll make the mother![/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Lines:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Reference image:[/b] [/size]

Ithambo hlabathi

Ithambo hlabathi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:56 am
User Image

This lioness was rehomed to me (Quaji) a while ago by Hopefolly, but I haven't done anything with her since I received her. I'd like to give someone the opportunity who would like to play her the chance to win her! So, below you'll find some info about her as well as a form.

Prompt: You will need to have her gossip to an NPC lioness about something, anything. What that something is, is up to you. Please have this in a sort of normal roleplay fashion.

Sanele was born and raised in her pride and for the most her life was typical by those standards. Her mother and father are deceased and she has no family within the pride either. She has no visible scars and is roughly the size of a normal lioness, so she's fairly basic in that respect.

Sanele is also notorious for keeping in-the-know. Very in-the-know. She's often regarded as a gossip. As for the rest of her personality, this is what Hopefolly had listed for her:

"Enthusiastic; social; creative; curious; empathetic; gossip; insightful; strives to keep from being both boring and bored; dislikes routine; not concerned about security; independent; not interested in leading; observant; in touch with emotions; attempts to interpret / understand the emotions of others; spontaneous; courageous; has trouble focusing; prone to stress."

Form

[size=11][b]Hey, listen![/b]

[b]Prompt Response:[/b]
[/size]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:58 am
Impress the vultures!  

Ithambo hlabathi

Ithambo hlabathi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:07 am
User Image
In order from left to right: tan, red, brown.

How often can I claim my ticket(s)?
You may only claim your ticket(s) once during the duration of this giveaway.

How many tickets do I get?
- You get three tickets if you have 0 Bonelanders.
- You get two tickets if you have 1 Bonelander.
- You get one ticket if you have 2 or more Bonelanders.
Familiars do not count towards your total.

Family?
Yes, all three of these lionesses are sisters and must remain so. They were born and raised in the pride. All three of them are Umzingeli.
They have no immediate family within the pride other than eachother as their father was a rogue (not from a rogue swap!) and their mother has recently passed away.

Form

[size=11][b]Give me a sister![/b]

[b]Preference:[/b]
[b]How many Bonelanders do you have?:[/b] [/size]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:31 pm
Reserved  

Ithambo hlabathi

Ithambo hlabathi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:34 pm
This is now open.

Due to technical difficulties (dead tablet), only two of the five planned contests are open right now. I hope to have the remaining three available for entries some time tomorrow. Thank you for your patience and I look forward to seeing your entry!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:42 pm
Give me a sister!

Username: ShinosBee
Preference: Red, brown, tan!
How many Bonelanders do you have?: None! biggrin

ShinosBee

Nerd

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:06 pm
Give me a sister!

Username: Puhterodactyl
Preference: Red, brown, tan
How many Bonelanders do you have?: One in the past 15 minutes, now 3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:14 pm
Searching far and wide! (he'd be my first pick)

Username: AstoriaFallen
Name & Meaning: Bhekumbuso "to look after the kingdom"; "bheka" meaning "to look after"; and "umbuso" meaning "the kingdom."
Vulture's Name & Meaning: Mhambi "Traveller"
Vulture's Gender: Female

Lion's Personality: Buso had never been one to want to challenge the Abaholi for leadership and was more than thrilled to have been fortunate enough to have been given Mhambi at a young age so that as soon as his mane grew in he could be an Enda. Buso would be best described as being "lion hearted." An oxymoron of sorts you could say, but it's true. He has always had his prides wellbeing at heart and made it his purpose in life to be able to ensure he could always provide for it. Even if it was through other means than hunting. There was something within him he always felt was missing and the fact that he can now search out whatever it is that eats at his soul while he is out collecting information and charting movements.
Vulture's Personality: Mhambi is a very curious though very quite at times. She likes to think about what she might say before she says it. One of those, "If I'm talking it's important," types. She is very observant and will be quick to speak up if she feels as though something is amiss. She cares very much for her lion companion and knows that their job holds great importance and therefore classifies the two of them as important when introducing themselves to others. She knows she's no spring chicken either, she's a little older than most who bond themselves to a companion but she felt as though Bhekumbuso was worthwhile and he had a good heart.

Prompt Response: a.) Mhambi was flying ahead, enjoying the light breeze when she dipped her wings to bring her back around and return her to her coffee colored companion. There was a group ahead and they were heading this way and she wasn't sure how she felt about it. She was sure he would have an opinion of his own as well. As she neared she dipped and threw open her wings with a light flutter and landed on his back and leaned towards his ear and spoke light and quick. "There is a small band of rouges heading this way. They carry much and there are two males among them." She fluffed her feathers slightly as she was curious to know what might happen.

He watched as she came back to him and this had him alerted almost at once. She often flew ahead of him for a little while before returning so that they could devise a specific plan and where to travel, but today was short for her, far to short. His concern was quickly brought to light as she spoke of a band of lions heading their direction and inevitably towards the pride at his rear. It wouldn't have been so bad but there were males among them and this would not do, not to mention the fact they were carrying items with them. He could not judge them as hostile by that fact alone, for they could be vagabonds and they often carried much of what they had with them. Perhaps this was the case.

"Thank you Mhambi. We are going to have to investigate you know. Feel free to take flight if you need to. And if anything serious goes down, you must fly back at once and tell my sister." He said in response to her as they made their way towards the small band.

His feather necklace bounced against his chest lightly as he padded forward, his posture straight and tall. He wanted them to notice him, though not to be alarmed. He didn't want a fight to break out, it wouldn't end well for him. He spotted the males first, they both seemed young, just into their manes. Which was good news, as they probably had much to learn still. Though he wasn't aware of what type of upbringing they had so for all he knew they could be skilled warriors. The females he noticed last, as they were behind them and they were strapped with the packs. He found this odd, why were the females carrying the weight while the males did nothing?

This was concerning to him. "Greetings strangers. What brings you to these lands and so far from home it seems?" He asked as he approached. He figured this was as good a greeting as any and perhaps it would be enlightening when he got a response back from them. Mhambi had taken flight by this time and was circling above waiting to see if she needed to stay of fly for help from the lions that she knew were within quick range of her wings.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

I'll hunt! (she'd be my second pick)

Name & Meaning: Liyana "it is raining"
Personality: Ana is very loyal to her family and friends and is normally always the one following the rules. She believes that they are in place for a reason and rarely questions them. She is very calm and collective at times but can get a bit defensive if she is worked up to the point. She isn't quick to do things and normally puts a lot of thought and consideration into her words and tasks.

Prompt Response: A.

"I'm sure it wo-" Her words were cut off as her friend finished telling her the rest of the story. "YOU DID WHAT?!" She stood up and took a couple of steps back, her eyes wide. Her voice had kind of risen up an octive or two as she realized what her friend had just said. Did she understand what this meant? She started pacing back and forth and looked over at her as she paused in her strides. "I don't know what to say." Her facial expression said it all. It was a mixture of sadness, filled with concern and confusion. "Why did you think it was a good idea? EVERYONE IS GOING TO KNOW!!" Her voice raised up in panic as she began to pace once more and her friend tried to say something and she put up a paw and let out a small growl in frustration and her friend remained silent.

How could she do this. Granted cubs outside of the Abaholi wasn't entirely a horrible thing, the fact that they would or could be hybrids was something else. They would have to die or be banished once of age. "You'll have to leave if they are hybrids. You know this right?! You're my best friend and you went and did something so foolish that I can't even save you from the fates at hand." She growled as she turned away from her unsure what to do. She heard a noise and looked back to see her friend, eyes cast down, shoulders hunched over as she was clearly upset. She sighed and went over towards her and placed her head on her shoulders. "I won't tell anyone... But if you give birth, and they are hybrids. You know that you will be forced to leave once they are of age."

Perhaps she could have her "disappear" until the cubs are old enough to stay with the father? Or perhaps the father could take them before anyone saw them. Clearly there was no way to hide the pregnancy once she started to show, if she started to show. It was breaking her heart and she was utterly torn. Rules were rules but never before had she been presented with a situation such as this. "Perhaps when the time comes the father will take them and you can say they were all still born." Her thoughts kept going with the idea. After all, the female was to choose to females to accompany her until the cubs were old enough to be brought back, if they lived. IT could work. "You could choose me as one of the females to go with you. No one would ever have to know and you could try and convince the father to keep them." What was she thinking? She shook her head. It was crazy talk! Besides, who would the second be that she chose?

She didn't know what else to do. She had to be alone. She had to go think. "I have to process all of this. You understand right? I'll come back, I just need some time to think." She gave her a hug and then walked away, eyes down as she thought of what to do, completely unaware of her own background linking her to hybrids.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Give me a sister!

Preference: Tan, red, Brown.
How many Bonelanders do you have?: 0 just got one <3
I'm pulling this entry as well as my second one as no one else has applied for the sister and brother and I already have a sister group in the bonelands so I want others to get a chance at these three lovelies.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey, listen!

Prompt Response: "Hey. Kona, did you hear about that female who supposedly got pregnant by someone outside the pride?" Sanele said walking closer to the younger female. "It's been known to happen before, what of it?" She said looking at her with curiosity in her gaze. "I hear they're not sired from another lion." She said in hushed tones. The females eyes got wide and the look on her face was something else. "You mean to tell... There's no way! Who did you hear that from Sanele" The female shook her head and stood up. "It's just what I heard." She said with a shrug not really wanting to say where or who she got it from. She just found it curious that such a thing would happen and wondered if anyone else had known. "Well, I wouldn't go around saying that too much. You know what would happen." Kona said rather concerned. "It was just something I had heard, I just wanted to see if anyone else might have heard it as well."

I just love her colors. <3
pulling this entry as I don't feel as though I would Rp her to her best abilities. I shouldn't apply for her just because I love her colors. <3  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:35 pm
Give me a sister!

Username: Tisiphone
Preference: Tan, Red, Brown
How many Bonelanders do you have?: Zer0.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:44 pm
Give me a sister!

Username: Ruler of Everything
Preference: Red, Tan, Brown
How many Bonelanders do you have?: 1

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

nessiaing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:15 pm
Give me a sister!

Username: nessiaing
Preference: red, tan, brown
How many Bonelanders do you have?: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:16 pm
Code:
Give me a sister!

Username: ~Twilight...Angel~
Preference: brown, tan, red
How many Bonelanders do you have?: 0 :3

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:39 pm
I'd like to mention that the Enda contest and the mother's design contest are both open now. :>  
[OOC] Events [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff