Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:49 pm
Cajanic

User Image

He was moody. Fog was rather sensitive about his coloration and anyone thinking he was weak because of it. The male had heard of a pride that might suit him. So he was heading there, but it was a long trip. He was determined to fight and prove he was a male to be afraid of.

Large paws carried him almost effortlessly across the savanna. He kept his head high. Let anyone try to tell him he was less than manly and there'd be a fight before they could blink. He'd go to this new pride and prove he was worthy of fear instead of scorn. His old pride had ridiculed him constantly and he'd ended up leaving because of that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:05 pm
User Image

Mzimu was on the hunt. Not for food, no, but for a certain orange lion who deserved some revenge. He would never forgive the lion for what he had done to him, no matter how much time had passed or how many other lions would have let things go in that time. Even if the other lion forgot who he was or what had happened, he would never forget.

He would never let it go.

But he couldn't travel without needing rest. Though he would love to keep hunting until he found the lion he was looking for, he had grown tired and was in need of a place to stay. He sighed heavily to himself as he moved over the grounds, the lion stopping in his tracks when he spotted another lion moving his way. He didn't growl or get aggressive, but he did watch the other very carefully.

magnadearel

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:09 pm
Cajanic

Fog glanced around to check his surroundings, but noted nothing of importance. When he looked ahead of him though, a surprising sight met his eyes. There, standing ahead of him was a lion with pink. He felt a bit of jealousy at as his colors were much more dignified than his own, but this other male still had pink. Did he suffer the same ridicule Fog faced? Instead of the usual sense of competitiveness, he felt a connection of fellowship. He headed slowly toward the other male.

"Greetings," he called friendly. Perhaps they could socialize for a little bit. Both of them wearing pink put them on equal footing. It wasn't often he felt like he could just sit and talk with another.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:29 pm
Mzimu was quite surprised to see another lion ahead of him, but what was more surprising was just how bright the lion happened to be. He had been traveling for a while, and had seen lions in all colors, but never one so brightly colored in pink.

He liked seeing it, really- he had a lot of pink on him, too. It was nice seeing another bright lion roaming around out there.

Not that his face showed any emotion. He watched the lion approach impassively, offering a slow nod of his head in greeting when the other called to him. Then, after raising his head, he spoke:

"You're pink," he said, meaning it more as a compliment than it sounded.

magnadearel

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:07 pm
Cajanic

The male was a little colder than Fog had hoped. Still he was going to make an effort here, until the male spoke. Fog stiffened. "You have a problem with that?" He asked guardedly. "You got a bit of pink yourself if you hadn't noticed." He flexed his green toes, ready if this male made an issue on his coat. This wasn't how he'd hoped this meeting would go. If this male made an issue of it, Fog was going to defend his honor.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:15 pm
The large lion let his head tilt to the side, a look of mild confusion passing over his expression before he seemed to realize that this lion was clearly edgy about his appearance. Perhaps he was used to being teased? Rarely did any lion seek to tease Mzimu, and those who did soon learned to regret it.

He was not one to mess around, and nor did he had much in way of a sense of humor.

"Ah, no," the lion said faintly, "I do have pink. It is a nice color. I was not looking to offend you, friend. My name is Mzimu."

magnadearel

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:50 pm
Cajanic

He blinked. Fog suddenly relaxed and shook his mane. "Sorry," he replied sheepishly. He had jumped to conclusions. It should have been obvious to him that this lion wouldn't be one to tease him on his color. The male nodded.

"It is. Would you care to stop in your travels for a short time and share stories?" It was the closest he could come to asking if the other wanted to hang out awhile.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:16 am
Mzimu gave the other a quiet nod, moving over to join the lion so they could talk about their experiences. He was glad the other wasn't pissed off by his comments, and that he wasn't going to have to get into another fight. Sometimes lions didn't quite get what he meant, and sometimes they got very angry about things.

More than once he had accidentally gotten into a fight with another lion, so it was good this male had enough calm and sense about him not to get too furious.

He say himself down.

"What is your name, friend?" He asked lightly. Or as lightly as his generally impassive tone would let him.

magnadearel

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:05 pm
Cajanic

Blunder aside he was pleased that the other decided to sit and chat. He realized that he needed to calm down and unwind a bit. Get a bit of his equilibrium back. Luck would have the male mellow and not jumping the moment when he had. Stupid really. He took a deep breath and when he saw the other male laying down took a moment to settle himself comfortably. This is something I can enjoy, he told himself. This male wouldn't judge him by his pink coat.

"Foghaidh, but feel free to just call me Fog. Yours?" He stretched out to get as comfortable as he could. "Do you often have problems with others judging you by your pink?" That was his burning question. Privately he felt this male had some good coloring with his black, pink, and white. Very dignified and noble. Where as his pathetic pink, white, green, and blue just seemed to shout "mock me" to everyone else.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:11 pm
"Fog," Mzimu repeated, testing the name. He liked it. Short and easy- a perfect nickname. He really didn't have a very good name for shortening. His brothers and sisters had called him 'Mu' when he was younger, but he had never really enjoyed it.

He had no idea what any of his siblings were up to these days anyway. Nor was he particularly interested in finding out.

"I'm Mzimu," he added after a moment.

"Sometimes," the large lion admitted, "but most are afraid of me. They choose not to make fun of me." He looked at the other lion, his face as neutral as ever. "Do you have a lot of trouble with it? Being pink?" He imagined he already knew the answer to that, considering how he had reacted earlier.

magnadearel

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:36 pm
Cajanic

"Good to meet you Mzimu." He nodded. It was a strong name. Mzimu was lucky most didn't try to make fun of him. Maybe he'd be willing to give pointers? Fog wasn't sure what exactly he could do differently though.

His claws dug into the dirt at the question. He answered tightly, "yes." A lot. But he wasn't going to tell the male that. Of course when they tried they found out how sharp his claws were. Which only truly worked if it wasn't a group of three or more. He didn't enjoy remembering those battles. "How do you do it?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:42 pm
Mzimu frowned thoughtfully, considering the question posed to him. How did he do it? There wasn't much to do, really. "I may be lucky," he said simply, looking at the other lion once more, aware that he probably wasn't offering much help.

"I have black and I am very large. Many think I am frightening, even with the pink. I am also... not that out going. Many think I am a mean lion right from the start."

It wasn't something he liked, really, but it was the truth.

"You will be alright. Others may tease, but you are strong. I can tell."

magnadearel

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:41 pm
Cajanic

Fog could only nod as the other lion put into words pretty much what he'd been thinking all along. Black was simply more impressive than his colors. He couldn't help what his parents had been. Not that he was a small lion, but colors did make a first impression. It must be a curse. He sighed knowing he'd have to go on proving himself capable to others. Probably for the rest of his life.

"Thank you. You might be the only one who I didn't have to fight before paw to think that." He quirked his lips to show the irony of it. "Where you heading now?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:42 pm
Mzimu frowned at the question, as though he didn't know the answer to it. "I'm not heading anywhere in particular," the lion told him, "I'm looking for someone. An orange lion with one gray leg at the front. I owe him something and I wish to give it to him."

He continued to frown, his expression filling with just a little anger. He clearly didn't like the thought of this fellow. But he sighed heavily, aware that the chances of finding him were slim.

"What about you?"

magnadearel

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:53 pm
Cajanic

From the expression on the other male, this lion had a surprise coming to him. "On the search. I see. What is the name of this lion? Is he someone I should be concerned about?" It didn't hurt to know about potential trouble. "Good luck in your search to find him."

Fog tilted his head to one side. "A pride. I've heard about them, and I'm going to see if they are as good as they sound. Where once I prove myself, no one would dare mock me again." He bared his fangs for just a moment at the thought. It would feel good to command respect. "Once you find the lion your looking for, you should visit." The male relaxed as he looked back at his companion in pink. It'd be nice to see where they were after awhile.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff