Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Halloween Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:17 pm
Hello everyone!
With Halloween coming up I would love to hear all about your plans and costumes! You can ask for help or show off some of your favorite costumes. You can even post in progress shots as well!
Stay spooky my friends!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:30 pm
I can't wait for Halloween! I'll be going around as Bee from Bee and Puppycat this year. I just bought the fabric for my skirt yesterday, and ordered my tights as well. I also plan on watching the movie Hocus Pocus at least once, and also going out for some candy. (Whether I have to blend in with the trick-or-treaters, or buy it myself lol.)
I also just love fall ahhhh <3
I love the cold weather, and I love the leaves changing colour too.

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:02 pm
nerdiepi
I can't wait for Halloween! I'll be going around as Bee from Bee and Puppycat this year. I just bought the fabric for my skirt yesterday, and ordered my tights as well. I also plan on watching the movie Hocus Pocus at least once, and also going out for some candy. (Whether I have to blend in with the trick-or-treaters, or buy it myself lol.)
I also just love fall ahhhh <3
I love the cold weather, and I love the leaves changing colour too.

I can't wait either!!! I'm going to be improving my forsworn cosplay so I can enter into a costume contest at a bar my friend works at. So far the nerdy costumes win so fingers crossed. Ahhhhh I love bee and puppycat!!! I want to cosplay Bee at some point but I have no idea which outfit I want to do. I'm going to be watching Nightmare Before Christmas and sing along with every single song. I'm still short enough to blend in with trick-or-treaters but my neighbors know I'm an adult XD
I'm a huge fan of fall as well but after having such a hot summer the temperature change has been too drastic for me.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:26 pm
Since Nekocon is the following week, I don't plan on doing much. I might not do anything at all, unless I'm working that night, in which case, I'll do something -- I'm just not sure what as of yet. sweatdrop  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:56 am
OnsenMark
Since Nekocon is the following week, I don't plan on doing much. I might not do anything at all, unless I'm working that night, in which case, I'll do something -- I'm just not sure what as of yet. sweatdrop

You could always watch your favorite Halloween themed movie.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:04 am
Every year I celebrate my Halloween birthday, Fall, going to Youmacon, and watching a lot of Horror movies. All in October!!

I own a lot of Horror movies including all of the Resident Evil movies, all of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, many of the Stephen King movies, the Twilight movie series, the Craft, and so much more.

I also like watching the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", Angel, and Charmed TV series that I also own. It took a long time to get a hold of all of the movies and TV series that I have. I'm always watching at least one Horror TV series, Anime series, and a Sci Fi series like Dr Who all at the same time. I'm a TV Junkie and Loving every moment of it!!

My wife Sue and I enjoy going on a drive to check out the Fall colors, go to Cider Mills, and carve pumpkins this time of year.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:45 pm
smithers456
Every year I celebrate my Halloween birthday, Fall, going to Youmacon, and watching a lot of Horror movies. All in October!!

I own a lot of Horror movies including all of the Resident Evil movies, all of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, many of the Stephen King movies, the Twilight movie series, the Craft, and so much more.

I also like watching the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", Angel, and Charmed TV series that I also own. It took a long time to get a hold of all of the movies and TV series that I have. I'm always watching at least one Horror TV series, Anime series, and a Sci Fi series like Dr Who all at the same time. I'm a TV Junkie and Loving every moment of it!!

My wife Sue and I enjoy going on a drive to check out the Fall colors, go to Cider Mills, and carve pumpkins this time of year.

That sounds like so much fun! I always go visit my grandma since her birthday is on Halloween as well. I might go to Aki Con this year but I'm not sure. I had a bad experience when I vended there a few years ago but I've never gone just as an attendee before.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:11 am
Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf
smithers456

That sounds like so much fun! I always go visit my grandma since her birthday is on Halloween as well. I might go to Aki Con this year but I'm not sure. I had a bad experience when I vended there a few years ago but I've never gone just as an attendee before.

That's really cool that I share my birthday with your Grandma. smile I know from experience that either working at a con and or just selling something at a con can be a very different experience than just attending it. Give attending Aki Con a try and have a friend or family member go with you. My brother is going with me to Youmacon which makes it a very special day.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:49 am
Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf
OnsenMark

You could always watch your favorite Halloween themed movie.

*checks DVD/bluray collection* I... don't have any. sweatdrop

I guess I could dig out my copy of The Undertaker and His Pals... sweatdrop That's probably actually the only horror movie I have, by the conventional definition...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:53 am
smithers456
Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf
smithers456

That's really cool that I share my birthday with your Grandma. smile I know from experience that either working at a con and or just selling something at a con can be a very different experience than just attending it. Give attending Aki Con a try and have a friend or family member go with you. My brother is going with me to Youmacon which makes it a very special day.

I'm just worried because the year I considered going again the dj raped someone and the con staff did not handle it well. If I go this year I'm not going without some pepper spray.  

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:10 pm
Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf
smithers456
Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf
smithers456

I'm just worried because the year I considered going again the dj raped someone and the con staff did not handle it well. If I go this year I'm not going without some pepper spray.

Zippo,

Be Careful, be alert, be safe, and above all bring someone. Also make sure that you are familiar with the area around the con. I go to Youmacon which is in Downtown Detroit. One year when I brought my 14 year old niece we left the con by sunset. If it's just my brother and I we know where the safe zones are and late at night I used a parking garage right next to where the con is so that I only had to walk literally across the street to get to my car.

This goes for kids trick or treating as well. This is why their are parties and what they call trunk a treats so that the kids are safe and don't have to go door to door. My favorite tradition which was trick or treating after dark on Halloween night is fast disappearing.

Ron  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:34 am
I'm wanting to do something.. ..

..Thinking maybe doing a Rena/Keiichi [From Higurashi] themed CMV for halloween.. Not sure though @-@

but i bought myself the Halloween Miku Nendoroid figure that came out last year!  

Vixxii

Timid Bookworm

10,500 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:32 am
ListenBee
I'm wanting to do something.. ..

..Thinking maybe doing a Rena/Keiichi [From Higurashi] themed CMV for halloween.. Not sure though @-@

but i bought myself the Halloween Miku Nendoroid figure that came out last year!

I've decided I'm going to do a Grumpy Cat gijinka if I have to work on Halloween(and if they let me wear my wig). If I don't have to work, I'll be doing it for pre-reg at Nekocon anyway, so... sweatdrop

Going OT, but speaking of Nendoroids, I need more of them in my life. I'm hoping I can pick up the Sheryl Nome one to go with my Ranka Lee Nendo soon. Also the Teto Kasane and Dark Knight!Joker Nendos, too.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:24 am
OnsenMark

I've decided I'm going to do a Grumpy Cat gijinka if I have to work on Halloween(and if they let me wear my wig). If I don't have to work, I'll be doing it for pre-reg at Nekocon anyway, so... sweatdrop

Going OT, but speaking of Nendoroids, I need more of them in my life. I'm hoping I can pick up the Sheryl Nome one to go with my Ranka Lee Nendo soon. Also the Teto Kasane and Dark Knight!Joker Nendos, too.

Hopefully they'll let you wear your wig, i don't see why not!
Either way, good luck with it! c:

I need more as well.. I only have 3.
2 of which i haven't unboxed yet ha. ._.  

Vixxii

Timid Bookworm

10,500 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:35 pm
smithers456
Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf
smithers456
Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf
smithers456

Zippo,

Be Careful, be alert, be safe, and above all bring someone. Also make sure that you are familiar with the area around the con. I go to Youmacon which is in Downtown Detroit. One year when I brought my 14 year old niece we left the con by sunset. If it's just my brother and I we know where the safe zones are and late at night I used a parking garage right next to where the con is so that I only had to walk literally across the street to get to my car.

This goes for kids trick or treating as well. This is why their are parties and what they call trunk a treats so that the kids are safe and don't have to go door to door. My favorite tradition which was trick or treating after dark on Halloween night is fast disappearing.

Ron

I will be going with two of my friends so I will be safe. I also changed what I'm wearing since my boyfriend won't be going and I only feel safe in that cosplay with him around.  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff