Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[CYOA PRP] HUMAN STUDIES: SUPERSTITIONS (AJ/Kieran) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:43 am
(CYOA) HUMAN STUDIES: SUPERSTITIONS

AJ passed by the notice board one day, one with elegant handwriting caught his attention easily. "An extra-curricular class that takes you to the human world, I'm in." He missed the opportunity in class last time and normally students are not allowed to go there yet. It also mentioned they were going to see something unique so he definitely didn't want to miss it.

On the said day, he knocked on the door of Professor Winter's office, he wasn't alone. She explained the schedule and all the things they needed to pay attention to, she was serious like how she was in class. After that, she handed them a pile of papers. He read the first few lines to confirm they were not demon contacts of any type, he finished a few pages but he began to glaze over as they seemed to have no ends and he was so excited. As a result, he casually signed his name on them. Her eyes rolled over the documents they signed and resumed her explanation on the purpose of the trip.

Observing wasn't really what he is good at as they got distracted easily. AJ shrugged and simply hoped nothing would go wrong. Before leaving, the Professor sprinkled them with glitters and handed them temporary passports and led them to where the portal set up was.

hanging gallow
A tag for you !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:56 am
Human world, Kier took a pause reading the sign. She already had difficulty attending most classes, the ghost cat was far fonder of sleeping then remembering when she was suppose to be in a schedule. Still it sounded like it would be a lot of fun, something new, exciting, maybe even have something good to eat around.

There was no doubt she was almost late, almost late in getting to Professor Winter’s office when she was required to for the trip. The ghoul was dressed in something that looked rumpled, comfy, and likely to have picked up off the floor, with a pair of boots but at least she had made it. Running her long nails through her hair she tried to untangle the mess of bedhead as the professor rambled on what they were doing, and so on and so forth and eventually gave them a stack of papers. Lots of words, she skipped over and went ahead and signed her name not even waiting for Professor Winter to explain.

Instead she was far more interested in the glamour and knowing she wouldn’t be seen, there was question if she could possibly work on others but Winter seemed disinterested in answering the question. Instead she was handed her passport and shoved towards the portal.

Meegane

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:43 am
"Welcome to the human world, Bro." The silver haired boil seemed excited about it. Upon arrival, his eyes were too busy to stop from roaming over the walking humans and their infrastructures. They all looked very impressive in the duos' eyes.

It seemed that the kind professor had divided them into group, the boil smiled at the sight of a ghoul with fluffy ears and a tail not far away from them. She was making the exact expression as they did, it was quite a hilarious scene to imagine from the viewpoint of a third person. Therefore, he burst into stifled laughter.

Casually, he walked towards her. "Good Evening," he greeted the ghoul with a smile. "It seems like we'll be in the same group for this activity." AJ took a good look at Kieran. "Hmm, you look a bit familiar, did we possibly meet in the past? Anyway, I'm AJ. Would you like to get into a human's house or stay outside for our observation?"

hanging gallow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:26 pm
Her eyes were wide, as her tail fizzed out, standing on ends at the excitement of looking at the human world. There was a whole bunch of noises, smells, even the glimmer of glass reflecting in the light as cars moved around. It was definitely a good sort of weird for her. Kieran hadn’t even noticed anyone else from the group until the boil started to laugh.

She grinned, wide with her teeth as she tried to smooth her fluffy tail down. “HEY! Oh, I remember you! Yea, you were at the dance auction that one time you tail kept trying to bid on me! I am Kieran, or Kier for short your choice.” A human walked by as her head darted looking in awe of what they were even wearing, the smell, something flowery maybe?

“Hrrrmmmmmmmmm, that’s a hard choice. Inside might be warm, things to sleep on but outside. So many shiny things, lights, flashing. What do you want to do?”

Meegane

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:26 pm
Without the boil could say anything, the tail head detoured to make appearance between the two. "I remember you," said the kid voice cheerfully, "I'm Dwa, hello again, Kier~" It seemed happy to see the ghost cat again, it nudged against her body to ask for a pet gently.

AJ chuckled casually, "Oh Kier, that's you. Fascinating, huh?" He took a glance at a passer-by, he was lowering his head and pressing button of his phone. The serpent dragon dodged him as he would bump into an invisible wall if he didn't. "We're not supposed to take a nap, Kier. I guess we'll have to write a report or something when we return. So.....how about we stay outside and awake to observe some humans?"

Meanwhile, the tail head saw a human passed by eating their hotdog. It lowered and approached the man but shortly stopped by AJ. "Bro, if you eat that, you'll get a mouth of sands and a tummy-ache." He smiled, still looking at Kieran and waited for her decision.

hanging gallow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:40 pm
Kier happily petted the tail head, gently like she would if someone had petted her as a cat. “It’s good to meet you again too Dwa.” Now she had a name to the other face, he was still an adorable cutie.

There was a momentary frown on her face as she looked at him, noting that they should probably avoid walking straight into others. “I may nap in class on occasion, but I wouldn’t go napping in this world when there are things to see. I would have simply just written about where to nap, and what places human’s thought were warm.” Did everyone think she was a slacker? Maybe?

“Outside it is then.” It wasn’t as if she couldn’t nap outside either, she had enough skill for that too, and again not that she would in this world. Oh well, she thought retuning a smile.

“Where do you think we should go first? Outside that is.”

Meegane

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:21 pm
The head squinted his eyes comfortably at the petting before it was distracted by the hotdog. "Relax Kier, I'm not saying that to you particular. Look, how lovely the warm lights inside, I guess I might fall asleep there." The boil returned the unhappy ghoul with a soothing grin, jabbing his thumb at one with yellow lights coming out through the windows. It was evening and the lights look cozy to beckon any passer-by to stop and peeked from the windows.

The boil shifted his eyes back to the ghoul and gave her a shrug. "No idea, it's my first time to be in human world." His red eyes roamed over the streets full of kids with baskets and might be trolley, all dressed up and ready to take candies from their neighbours. An idea came into AJ's mind, "How about we follow that group of creeple? I feel like they're gonna do something fun." The boil pointed at a cluster of people ahead of them, some were wearing pumpkin made lanterns to lit the road and they were all dressed up.

hanging gallow
You can start rolling biggrin

stella cinere rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:44 pm
Kieran gave him a sort of suspicious look at first as he pointed to one of the windows with yellow light spilling out of it. It of course dissolved into a grin with ease. “Ok I’ll let it go for nooowww.” Of course in about five minutes she would forget the entire conversation anyways and not even worry.

“The first time I have been here that I can remember too.” She watched a few more passer byers as he suggested following behind a group of creeples. It was a better plan than hers, which was none for the moment. Two humans grew closer; one was far shorter than the other as it held their hands. The taller one was a little weird, as Kier stared at him, taking a moment to realize that his clothes were on all wrong. Even though she didn’t know a whole lot about humans, she at least knew what clothes were and she knew that he was wearing them all wrong. He also was missing eyes, or was until he walked passed, leaving Kier realizing he was walking backwards.

Was this normal?

“Sure… following the group sounds like a good idea.” She grinned back at AJ.

Meegane

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

Meegane rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:46 pm
He was waiting for her input while leaning against the low wooden fence painted in white. To make sure none of the humans would bump into them, he picked the position to the side which most people won't choose to walk on. The two humans coming to their way quickly drew their attention as the taller one was walking backwards. A closer glance, he could see the inner seams and stitches on his clothes.

"So weird," said the bemused tail head. "Does he wake up late and still feeling sleepy?" Even he stumbled over the small peddle and indentations on his way, he insisted on his backward walking. He nudged Kier, "Surely some sort of weird superstitions," and that was what they were looking for. While they were talking, AJ noticed a small human scareling dressing up like a cute little witch stared at them. Since they should be invisible, she should be staring the area where they were at instead. The boil turned around and spotted nothing that worth paying her attention to.

He snapped his head back to look at the little thing and he saw her frozen for several seconds as if she was a snowman. Then she took a deep breathe and walked around them, one round after another in haste. "One - two - three," the head counted and she did nine times before she sprinted off with her pumpkin basket. Seeing her effort, AJ decided not to move but watched with a mischievous smile.

Only after the small girl disappeared at another end of the street, he turned to Kieran. "It seems that Professor Winter's magic glitched, we'd better be careful." He casually mentioned. "Anyway, the human scareling did something rather fun after she seemed to see us. I think we've found point number two." He smiled, got up from the fence and began to walk beside the capering group with the ghost cat.

Quote:
5: Oh dear, someone spotted you! It was just a glimpse, but you see them freeze - and then they walk around you nine times (you counted!) really fast. You did your best not to move, just in case. Then they left, looking relieved.

hanging gallow

stella cinere rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:02 pm
Kieran stayed in the middle of the sidewalk, she kept moving around taking a moment to peer closely at every human thing that had walked by. It was strange; some of them were dressed in some sort of way like something from Halloween but worse almost cheesy in a way. Like some shorter human had little fangs that sort of looked like a vampire but very fake and almost wrong. The ghost was so far her favorite, a little white sheet with little eyes, it looked nothing like her but it was still in a funny.

“I don’t know, he has been the only one I’ve seen I wonder if there is something wrong with him? Maybe he is a new species.” Her eyes lite up as she thought about finding some sort of new species of human, it was probably wrong but still. “But yea, it’s a little weird, I wonder if maybe he is cursed or something to do that.” She grinned at him as he nudged her, noticing the tiny human with a pointed hat. She watched as she circled around AJ and then left.

“I wonder if it doesn’t work on something so small. Maybe some tiny humans can see us?” She looked back at the witch human for a moment before following along next to AJ. One of the human’s they followed had a something really large in his pocket, and without hesitation she followed closer, sticking her face as close as she possible could to get a glimpse at it.

Bread?

She fell back again, getting closer to AJ before nudging him. “He has a lump of bread in his pocket… what do you think he is going to do with it?”

Meegane

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

Meegane rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:44 am
"Hmm, new species....I don't think so. They look humans to me and they couldn't see us." He pondered and replied Kieran. AJ's eyes stopped on the ghoul's tail, it didn't cease waggling since they entered human world. She was adorable, the boil thought.

He nodded at her comment for the little witch, "You made a good point, I've heard the rumors that human scarelings have a better sensation of us." He shifted his eyes from the ghost cat to the man she was talking, he was moving away from them so he couldn't see clearly. "A bread? -THEN IT'S POSSIBLY FOOD!" He tried to answer, but the tail head was quicker. "Not likely, Bro. Maybe a luck charm, Kier. Can't say I'm good at human superstitions, just a guess."

After the man vanished from their sight, they had to find targets to observe once again. Followed behind the group that dressed like Halloween denizens, they came across a mid-age woman tying knots into her handkerchief. He pulled Kieran's sleeve to draw her attention to her. "Hey, do you think it's a protection spell?" She seemed to be mumbling low and quick, which probably something they would take note for the class.

Quote:
1: You spot a rather nervous-looking human tying knots into a handkerchief!

hanging gallow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:43 pm
“Yea, you are probably right.” Kieran glanced over at him giving him a grin at least he didn’t seem to mind her sort of odd ramblings here and there. She did sort of wonder if there was different species of humans, sort of like halloweeners but they had been around surely they had already found them all. It was also obvious she knew very little about human world.

Circling around AJ she nodded, listening to both heads speak about the bread. “I wonder what sort of luck charm bread is, I mean its food right? What are they going to do with it besides eat it?” She tried to pause and think about it, and before she had even noticed the man had vanished from their sight. Too late now to figure it out not knowing where he had gone.

Instead she returned back to AJ’s side, watching a few other humans before he pulled on her sleeve pointing to a woman tying knots into her handkerchief. For a moment she leaned in closer to him, trying to hear what she was mumbling but she couldn’t catch a word of it.

“Maybe, either that or she is saying some sort of spell over and over again?”

Looking around she nudged him again. “Hey, what do you think there doing, OOOOOooo look at the lamps." Before he could say anything Kier pounced over trying to figure out what the gaggle of humans were looking at in the stream. She tried to peer over one of their shoulder's, what where they looking at?

Meegane
((4 total right?))

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

Meegane rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:56 pm
AJ didn't mind weird idea as his own mindset worked very differently from normal creeple, "Or they could be doppelgangers? It's possible they're pretending to be humans and ignoring us." A small smile formed on his face pondering all the interesting possibilities. He didn't enjoy asserting things stubbornly even he had his own rules he followed vehemently.

"Maybe he was a dragon in his previous life, dragons like us love to hoard EVERYTHING!" Not quite useful information it provided, but the boil chuckled lightly. "You know how some traditions are passed down through generations. Maybe it was a habit developed in the old days when bread was the main food, and through decades, they grant new definition to this practice." AJ shared his guess, taking note in his mind.

He beamed, "Don't you think humans are so weird but interesting?" The idea of repeating a uncertain spell amused AJ. Then they followed the crowd to a stream, "Hmm, I don't see anything besides their reflections." The boil frowned at the mirror-like surface, lit by the lights from the lamps humans holding high up. "I read from a book that humans believe they could possibly see the world after death through reflective surfaces like mirror. It's possible that they're imitating that?" He squinted his red eyes at the stream, but he could only see the humans' reflections from it, not even theirs.

After a while, they left the stream and back to another part of the town. At there, he saw one man made a startled face at something and took a deep breathe before he hurried across some lands. He rushed to his side and put his hand below his nose while he was doing so, AJ realized the human had stopped to breathe and when he walked past that path, he gasped for a big breathe of air to his lungs, how strange. "Did you see that, Kier? What's that land for?" He asked, bringing the ghoul to have a closer look at the cemetery. An open space with a lot of gravestones, quiet and well-aligned. "Do you feel it's familiar?" When the two were in the cemetery, AJ asked.

Quote:
6: One human seems to have stopped breathing while they walked past a cemetery…

hanging gallow
Yes. But four rolls for each of us, so still 2 rolls.

stella cinere rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:15 pm
((sorry using this post as a roll lala ignore))  

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

stella cinere rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:17 pm
“Oh maybe I never thought about that either…” That there was maybe halloweeners living among the humans, it was a strange thought and not something she had ever thought about doing herself. She would rather stick what home; she was fond of it of course.

“Oh, do you really hoard everything or is there something you really like that you keep? Like do you like to keep your hoarding to something likkeee….. shirts?” Shirts was lame but she couldn’t think of anything else off the top of her head.

“I don’t have any traditions that were passed on, I was adopted and I don’t think my parents have any or at least not any I can remember.” Her voice trailed off as she tried to think of something, everything they had done seemed normal, or maybe it was just they did it so often that it had blended in to everyday living.

“Really really weird but very interesting cool, and maybe seeking another world in the water could be it, or maybe they lost something…” Kieran grinned at him agreeing with what he had asked. She gave up trying to figure out what the other humans were doing thought chalking it to something she wouldn’t understand.

Following AJ back to another part of town she watched everyone else still making their way around. She hadn’t even noticed the other human or even where they were until AJ had pointed it out to her. There was a frown on her face, as he pointed to the open space with the row of stones. There was only a photo in her parent’s home, tucked in a book. “It’s called a cemetery. My mom said it was where ghost sometime came from, or at least sometimes they end up waking up there and not remembering how or why they got there. She said that humans leave the dead buried there, but I don’t know. This is my first time seeing one.”

Kerian didn’t stay too long, the look made her uneasy, instead she headed towards another woman who lingered near by, different from the one before but also tying knots into a handkerchief as she mumbled.

Meegane

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces