Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[Task] Trick or Treat: Treat [Xala + Alva] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:35 pm
Quote:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NEW: 10/22/15

TRICK OR TREAT: TREAT

gaia_crown [ LOCATION ]
  • The Human World

gaia_crown [ SETTING ]
  • Halloween Night, anywhere that might celebrate it.

gaia_crown [ MISSION ]
  • Journey to the Human World, and take advantage of the local custom of Trick-or-Treating. This mission in specific is to focus on gathering candies from various Human homes. Once complete, these candies will be returned to the clans for processing and further research. Be sure to adhere to their rules for this particular custom.
    xxxx Side-bonus to this mission: The more candy we as Horsemen get directly impacts how much candy is left for the Humans to enjoy. Our goal is to claim as much of it for ourselves as possible.

gaia_crown [ MECHANICS]

PART ONE
Since it's important to adapt to human traditions for the purposes of infiltration, your first stop is to get a costume! How great your costume is will affect your rolls in part three. You may choose what they end up wearing though! It could be anything, from a sexy crayon to a Gundam. Literally anything PG-13!
  • OPTIONAL: You may bypass this part IF AND ONLY IF you have completed Professor Selene's Costuming Class! If you complete and pass her open class, your Horseman automatically has The Best costume, and they get a +2 on their rolls in part three! If you take the class and fail, or if you do not complete the class at all, continue below as normal.
  • Roll a 1d6 and match your results below:
    • 1-2: Your costume is awful. Not inspired at all. You probably won't get very good candy from this. (-2 to all rolls in part three)
    • 3-5: Your costume is pretty cool. It's not super special one way or another. It'll do the job. (no modifier for part three)
    • 6: Your costume is the best. The best. It's so good, you feel like you can get better candy because of it! (+2 to all rolls in part three)
  • Once you have your costume, you may go ahead to part two!

PART TWO
You have your costume, and now it's time to pick where you'd like to go trick-or-treating! These rolls determine how many times you can roll for candy in part three. Do NOT use the costume modifier from part one here!
  • Roll a 1d10 and match your results below. In brackets are how many available houses are in that particular neighbourhood.
    • 1-2: Wildcard! You can choose what neighbourhood your Horseman ends up from the list below.
    • 3-4: Somehow, you end up trick-or-treating in a small strip mall. (5)
    • 5-6: Sadly, this area seems to be predominantly industrial. The houses here are pretty scarce. (3)
    • 7-8: This is a decent neighbourhood! It looks like a subdivision. ( 8 )
    • 9-10: This is a very busy neighbourhood! Lots of houses with children, apparently: you see so many opportunities (10)
  • Example: I roll a 1d10, and get a 4. This means my Horseman is trick-or-treating in a strip mall, and that there are five stores in that mall that are offering treats. This means, when I go to part three, I'll be rolling 5 times - one for each store.
  • Example 2: I roll a 1d10, and get a 10. This means there are 10 houses in this neighbourhood that are offering candy. This means I will have to roll 10 times in part three, one for each house.
  • Once you have your neighbourhood, you may go ahead to part three!

PART THREE
Now, the fun part! You get to go door to door and try to get some candy! How many houses you visit was determined in part two, and this is now where you use your costume modifier from part one! One roll per post.
  • Roll a 1d12 and match your results below:
    • 1-2: This person clearly hates Halloween-the-holiday, and instead gives you something that is definitely not candy. (it can be anything - a 5% discount card, a toothbrush, anything! Keep it PG-13.) (no candy)
    • 3-4: The person handing out candy isn't really into it. They give you a single piece and send you on your way. (+1 candy)
    • 5-6: The person hanging out candy thinks you're pretty alright. (+2 candy)
    • 7-8: They won't stop talking. It's terrible. You try to be polite about it, and thankfully they notice! (+3 candy)
    • 9-10: This person fusses over you. They ask you so many questions about your costume, and how it was made, and where you got it, and gosh, how interesting! (+4 candy)
    • 11-12: The person handing out candy is just so happy to have guests that they give you 5 pieces! (+5 candy)
  • If you roll a 1-2, but you have a -2 modifier, ignore the modifier. You can't get less than 1 as a result.
  • If you roll a 10-12, but you have a +2 modifier, ignore the modifier. You can't get more than 12 as a result.

PART FOUR
It's about time to head home. You take your spoils back with you, and drop all of your candy off with the Famine Alchemists.
  • Just make a small post dropping off your candy for study. What your character does with their costume is entirely up to them!

gaia_crown [ BONUS MECHANICS ]
  • If doing this in a group:
    • Every group member must do parts one and three, but only ONE person needs to roll for part two!

gaia_crown [ REWARDS ]
  • +1 for completing this mission!
  • +1 raffle ticket! Go HERE to claim!

Baneful rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:51 am

Alva hadn't been entirely sure what he was signing up for when he arrived to where the others in the tower were preparing to go out on a task. He had been rather bored lately, becoming rather reclusive to his work while Lily was gone, off mingling with who knew what who knew where. He was a little bitter about it, not used to dealing with social situations on his own.

Still, he had to make the effort, and he retrieved a costume from the selection available with quite a bit of trepidation, it would be more than a little undignified and he did not much savour the idea of having to go into the human world looking anything other than magnificent and intimidating.

He neatly folded and stowed his robe and donned the fox kigurumi with just about the most nonplussed expression imaginable.

There were no words for how silly he felt.

Toshihiko Two

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:52 am
"Oh my sands!" Xala clasped her hands, standing on her tippy toes in sheer electrified delight.

"What a delicious costume. Oh, I could just eat you up!"

Her own costume, a puffy blood-stained dress (although to be fair, it was actual blood) was not a shining example of thematic brilliance, but the unnerving gleam in her eye gave it that little extra kick.

That and the occasional peak of bones emerging from her skin.

"Is Lily here? Is she dressed up too?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:54 am

Alva felt that at least the outfit Xala had chosen was actually moderately scary, he on the other hand felt about as unintimidating as he had ever felt.

His normally flat expression if anything looked a little flatter at the mention of his sibling. "She did not come to the tower." he stated. "I do not know where she is at present. I doubt she will be dressed up or intending to dress up either."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:57 am
"Oh, yes," Xala said, twisting her hands a bit, "Well, I don't know why, since we're all...one big happy family here," She laughed nervously, looking towards where the sages and clan leaders were gathered, whispering excitedly about world domination for sure this time.

She cheered, "So, you don't have a partner? Want to go with me?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:36 am

Alvadra wasn't about to say no to the prospect of having someone to come along with him, even if it was a witness to the embarrassing and ignoble state he found himself in.

"Certainly." he said, but it was always very difficult to tell if he was pleased, grudging or some mixture of both.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:16 am
"Sssspoiled for choice! Let's try this portal!" Xala said pushing through the crowds of milling (and ridiculously dressed) horsemen. She took Alva by his oversized and fuzzy fabricked paw.

"The alchemists of my clan are looking for choice ingredients. They can only be harvested once a year! So I'm told. Ohhhh, I bet they wouldn't mind if we tried...just a bite." Or if a few went missing for her own recipes.

When they stepped into the neighborhood, human children zoomed around (also in costumes) with parents walking with them or (for the more industrious) manning vehicles to ensure maximum candy collection. And the noises. Shouting, screaming, laughing.

Although Xala was on the smaller side (and may, MAY be able to pass as a kid), her chest size was not average for an 8 year old.

This, however, did not deter her and she walked purposefully up to the first house and knocked. If they were stingy, well, she might just have to come back for another visit.

Quote:
9-10: This is a very busy neighbourhood! Lots of houses with children, apparently: you see so many opportunities (10)

Baneful rolled 1 12-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-12)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:15 am

Liang was rather used to letting himself be dragged around by strong or at the very least pushy women and there was a certain degree of inbuilt give in his pride due to this which meant that he did not lash out at Xala for taking him by the hand.

He was considerably less enthused by the idea of tasting things considering almost everything in the human world to be essentially unclean and disgusting. He was participating because sometimes the higher ups wanted things which made little to no sense to him and out of a vague hope that perhaps somehow the gathering of these items would somehow result in something more horrible later. "I will pass on tasting anything at all." he said uncertainly as they entered the portal.

In the neighbourhood itself, he immediately tensed up, eyeing the human foals as if they were a flighty mouse under his hooves, filled with a strong desire to stamp on them. Liang however could not easily pass for a child by any extent of the imagination, hovering very close to 6 feet tall. Failing to find any reason why not to go, he was dragged to the front door.

Feeling it was only appropriate to behave in a kitsune-like manner, he struck a pose when it was opened.

The person inside gave him a very concerned sort of look and didn't give him any candy at all. He looked more nonplussed than usual.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two rolled 1 12-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-12)

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:49 am
The man didn't seem very impressed with the furry pajamas, but he did seem pretty impressed with Xala's blood-splattered rack.

He stared directly at it while dropping a handful of candy into her bag.

"Wow. That's uh, that's quite a costume. How old are you?"

"None of your business~" Xala sang. She curtsied sweetly, and took Alva to the next house.

Baneful rolled 1 12-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-12)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:05 pm

Liang wasn't sure what was wrong with his choice of attire, there were many human foals running around with much worse and a great number of treats in their loot sacks.

Hopeful that perhaps it was just a fluke before that he didn't get anything at all from the previous doorway, he approached this next one with a hint of irritation in his stride but nevertheless faithfully brought up his paws in what he hoped was an imitation of the younglings he had seen at other doors.

The human who opened the door was startlingly, dressed the same way as he was in an equally terrible outfit. He was very enthusiastic.

"Amazing man! Real brave of you going out in your fursuit like that, hope I see you at the con next week, what's your name?"

Too startled by the barrage of enthusiasm to react any other way, Liang responded with his name.

"Oooh wow, are you a kitsune?!" he asked. Liang, with a look of minor concern nodded.

"Great, here have this." And he found himself in possession of quite a bit of candy and also, when he let the guy ramble a bit, a few pictures of his "fursona" which was a very sultry and busty purple wolf creature.

+4 Candy

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two rolled 1 12-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-12)

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:22 pm
The guy, who kept going enthusiastically to Liang, absently dropped some candy in Xala's bag too.

He also wanted to know Liang's skellyphone number.

And made some vague hints about being soooo jealous that Liang had a girlfriend that he could go out with, and it must be really fun, and he wished he had a boyfriend who would take him around places.

Xala peered around him while he talked and tried to see if she could see the kitchen. "Okay, thanks!" She cut him off, taking Liang's hand again.

TOTAL CANDY: 7
HOUSES: 2/10

Baneful rolled 1 12-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-12)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Liang didn't own a skellyphone and had vaguely communicated this to the man who had enthusiastically filled in the gaps assuming that the horseman didn't speak very good English. It was assumed in the end he'd just lost it and he would give him a call on the number on the bit of paper later. Liang pocketed it with a shrug and was about to try and figure out what was wrong with this particular human and to explain that he was not a boy but an adult and that he wasn't sure which gender Xala was to be honest when the Xala helpfully led him away.

"He was a very friendly human." he said out loud. "I should have liked to keep him as a pet."

The next house wasn't perhaps as enthusiastic as the man (he had said his name was wolfyiffer) had been but at the very least he came away with a few more objects of value to take back to the tower.

+6 Candy

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two rolled 1 12-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-12)

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:13 pm
They dropped dental floss into Xala's bag. She held the tiny cannister aloft and squinted at the plastic vial.

"Is the string...sugary," she asked with suspicion, giving it a sniff.

"Ah!" She said, delighted, "Poisonmint!"

The person closed the door behind both of them muttering something about damn sarcastic teenagers.

TOTAL CANDY: 7
HOUSES: 3/10

Baneful rolled 1 12-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-12)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:43 am

Liang was - despite his general reservations about the whole thing - actually having a good time on this little trip and for once wasn't consumed entirely with how much he disliked the human world and the disgusting cattle that inhabited it. As they passed a gaggle of human foals and their caretaker the probably female matriarch made some comment about how it was shocking that someone his age was out with the children.

He did not see why having several centuries under one's belt should exclude one from anything at all. He gave the heifer a long indifferent stare and simply continued on past her.

The next door was as wary as the first, always reacting to him as if he was out to scam them somehow. He wasn't entirely sure what Xala was doing correct that he was not.

+7 candy
4/10 hourses

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two rolled 1 12-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-12)

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:31 am
Xala held her bag, elbows squishing her chest in an advantageous way.

She got one extra candy than Liang, and bounced in excitement.

"Soon we'll have enough ingredients to make something really good." Her mad, green eyes widened. "Maybe the clan alchemists will let me have a go at it. I've been thinking of applying. For a position. Last time they didn't like my recipes, but I've got some new ideas that'll really make them scream."

TOTAL CANDY: 9
HOUSES: 3/10

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas