I’d tell you that I loved you before I ever knew you
'Cause I loved the simple thought of you
If our hearts are never broken and there’s no joy in the mending
There’s so much this hurt can teach us both

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:00 pm
User Image
Christopher Watts
TIRELESS TEACHER
Twenty four year old Christopher Watts is tireless. He works hard at what he does, puts in more effort than he should, and ends up pretty well off. A natural teacher, Chris enjoys helping others out and is quick to explain and help get others on the same page. He doesn't mind who he teaches, or how, he just wants to help everyone learn. For all this though Chris can be rather stubborn, getting fixated on something if it doesn't turn out the way he wants it to and trying to change it until it does. He can also be quite nosy and most of all, obnoxious since not everyone needs or wants his impromtu lessons or help.

YOUR FAULT trouble post-fae ball
Chris has gained friends and family to keep him on track and while he isn't necessarily keeping to sleep habits well (which is a problem in and of itself, as time goes on and Chris can't sleep rather than won't), he has people to keep him from a burnout.

The problem now is that as Chris gets deeper into Ashdown, he's starting to see how dangerous everything is. He needs to be better, he needs to work faster, he needs to keep everyone he holds close to him from getting hurt. The stakes are high and Chris can't bear to lose what he's lost.

So when something goes wrong, Chris assumes it's his fault and beats himself up for it.

It's counterproductive, unhelpful, and just drives Chris to bad habits but he can't seem to help himself and refuses to talk about it. It's got to be his fault because after all, there was always a way Chris could have helped. Could have stopped it. If he doesn't stop this, the guilt will eat him alive and Chris could very well hurt himself and everyone he's trying to protect in the process.

BURNING THE CANDLE AT BOTH ENDS trouble pre-fae ball
Christopher is a really, really hardworking kid. It's been recognized by his mentors, which is why they're allowing him to try for k-12 teaching certifications in science, and generally it works to his benefit for his image and his workload. Chris, in short, gets stuff done.

But he also tends to work a little too hard, now that his workload has upped since he's doing student teaching. There's always something to do and Chris seems to be determined to finish it all, which doesn't bode well for his health or his social circle. He's well aware he needs to slow down, but he can't seem to give himself a break and if Chris isn't careful, he's going to burn himself out or endanger his health greatly.

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:01 pm
Basic Info

Name: Christopher Hoseok Watts

Nicknames: Chris, about it.

Birthday: October 24th

Sign: Scorpio

Blood Type: O -

Gemstone: Opal

Favorite Foods: Spicy Beef Soup, Kimchi, tea so much tea, apples, eggplant.

Hated Foods: Brussel sprouts, asapargus, not much else.

Hobbies: Reading, playing around in photoshop, and cooking. Watches a lot of movies as well. Has been gardening lately

Fashion: Sweaters, cardigans, generally slouchy comfortable top layers that are warm. In the summer he switches to thinner, lighter layers that won't suffocate him. Pairs his tops with nice pairs of pants and nice shoes. Owns a couple pair of good oxfords, some nice boots, a very nice pair of pumps, and two pairs of ratty sneakers he pretends he doesn't own but wears anyways when he's tired. Occasionally will wear jewelry and sometimes dresses but he doesn't wear them often.
Sometimes will wear printed tees and jeans with a pair of boots, but it's very very very rare.
His IRL faceclaim is Kim Namjoon

Fun Facts:
|| He's moved pretty frequently because of his dad's job between America and Korea. His parents are currently in Korea.
|| Is a pretty decent cook, managed to swipe his mother's book of recipes so he makes most of his food himself. Even Kimchi
|| Has a dual citizenship in both Korea and America, does not really use it.
|| Is Fluent in Korean
|| Smells of Apples, earth, and sometimes chamomile. Sometimes books, but less now he spends more time gardening.
|| Half Korean on his mother's side, is 6'4" which amuses her greatly
|| While half Korean, he takes after his mother most and only inherited his father's height and blonde hair and blue eyes.
|| Is attempting a K-12 teaching in Science!
|| Tends to fuss with the sleeves of his jackets or shirts (if they're long enough) when thinking or nervous. Will twist his hands together if his sleeves aren't long enough.
|| His mom calls him Hoseok, Christopher was half to honor a family tradition on his father's side and half to avoid racism.

Schedule:
Monday through Friday he teaches the first three classes of biology at the high school.
Tuesday and Thursday he comes in as a student teacher at the junior high for two classes in the afternoon
He subs randomly at the Elementary when needed and occasionally pops in with fun friendly lectures, like about fire or bees.

At the college he has a couple of classes Monday and Friday in the afternoon. His school adviser's name is Poe. Poe both hates and loves Chris and often looks 2 seconds away from crying because Chris won't sleep. His office is located in the high school, at the end of a hallway in some back corner.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:04 pm
powers & things

[If I Fits...]
    dreamer power
    Chris can find the perfect fit for just about anything. The perfect container for leftovers, a place where that book can fit into the bookcase juuuust right, and packing a suitcase or briefcase is a breeze because there's always just enough room to fit everything in.

[Herbalist's Favor]
    quest power
    With a touch to a plant or flower, Chris will instinctively know if something is a boon or bane when used in a herbal mixture. Additionally he will find himself immune to toxins from plants and flowers, including those that are poisonous to the touch.

[Do the Windy Thing]
    event roll power
    Chris can cause a light breeze to ruffle someone's hair or underthings, or really anything else he wants to be breezed at.

[I speak for the trees]
    riser power
    Chris can speak to plants, and understand their response - however, given that they're plants, they can only answer very basic questions on subjects relevant to their experiences. Good for finding out when the last time it rained was, or whether someone came trampling through the forest, or if there's something weird going on with the bees… but not so much for having a conversation.

[Thanatic Empathy]
    meta reward power
    Chris now has an intrinsic awareness of death and the dying. Though his powers end with mammals, he cannot stop himself from knowing that something nearby is shuffling off the mortal coil. As a corollary, he can sense places where a traumatic death has occurred. This makes living in New England, noted ghost story capital of the US, quite fraught.

[Buddy Buds]
    meta reward power
    There is now a ring of flower buds on your scalp that bloom into colorful blossoms when you’re happy. Aww! (Don’t worry, they’re pollen-free.) The buds are easily hidden and it is the same flower each time, once chosen. Chris blooms roses.

[Spirit Summon]
    beyond power
    Chris can summon spirits from plants now, calling upon them to help him do a task. The spirit can only do very small and menial tasks and can be liable to even refuse a task from Chris, if they don't want to do it. Chris can only summon up to three at a time now, before it wears him out.
    At this point in time, any spirit at their biggest, appears to be a teenager.

[finger guns pew pew]
    roll power
    Be careful making the thumb-and-forefinger gun with your hands. You now shoot small pellets of magical power whenever you do that and say 'pew pew'. They are about as harmful as a Nerf pellet, but hey, you can still put out someone's eye

[dryad's cradle]
    quest reward
    a wooden flower pot given willingly and made of wisteria wood. this flower pot is touched by the magic of other ashdown and anything grown within it will be of an other nature. it is warm to the touch and glows a faint purple between the cracks in the bark. sometimes when handling it a warm breeze can be felt and chris will be able to sense the presence of wis briefly.

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:50 pm
relationships

autumn smith|| I think you're pretty awesome. i also feel slightly bad about outing you to jer over the poisoning
    pax|| ..you terrify me.
    sunny|| lonely, but a good texter. weirdly knowledgeable about my insecurities and able to point them out
    jamie|| Werebunny fish enthusiast who I'm teaching magic to
    jeremiah|| basically adopted me, knows when i'm not sleeping. need to hide that better. shiloh calls him gramps.
    shiloh|| Also in OAD, also being taught magic, very concerned about him.
    algernon|| also adopted me, good taste in tea and books. easier to hide lack of sleep from than jer, i think.
    jack|| childhood friend that's come back to be fed. probably involved in OAD at this point if the weres were any indication.
    thorne|| codads with, met at 3 am and i really like him

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:51 pm
roleplays

(* denotes used for riser reqs
~ denotes used for beyond reqs
! denotes used for extra powers
+ denotes does not hit 500 word req
fo denotes rp does not have a finished point
unk denotes rp unlikely to be finished/abandoned)

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Growth Reqs.

Dreamer -> Riser
Riser -> Beyond
Beyond 1 -> Beyond 2

Extra powers

Family & Hometown

Mother || Byulyi Jung-Watts || 52
    Byulyi Jung-Watts is a stay at home housewife, who after her kids have grown up, has gotten fully into gardening. Patient, sly, and a tad stubborn, Byulyi is a kind person but ultimately a force to be reckoned with when you've pissed her off. She and Chris have a good relationship and she adores her husband and Hyejin.

Father || Andrew August Watts || 55
    Andrew Watts is a architectural contractor who works for a really well to do company. After his company realized he could speak Korean fluently, they sent him to be the head of the branch and the go to between the two countries. He has a rather high pay grade because of this, but absolutely does not mind and enjoys both countries. He's a quiet but ultimately jolly man, who works hard but is still around for his family.

Sister || Hyejin Kim || 25
    His sister from another mother, Hyejin and Chris have known each other for.. practically forever really. While originally she only lived with her mother, she was adopted into the Watts family when she was 15 and her mother died. Hyejin currently lives and works in Seoul as an architect, makes a ridiculous amount of money, and taunts Chris with pictures of snacks he can't get. (Sometimes, when she feels nice, she mails him a box of said snacks and some Muism stuff that he still randomly practices)
    Hyejin is sassy, takes no s**t from Chris, and is essentially the best and most infuriating older sister he's ever had.

Othercat || Bergamot || Kitten/Hellion
    Bergamot found his way into Chris' care from Autumn and he is half sweet, half a miniature demon. He hangs out around Chris' apartment looking like he's sulking but damn if he isn't attached to Chris.

Hometown & Past
    Chris was born in Jejudo and it is where one of his homes is located, although shortly after he was born his parents moved back to the US and he didn't return there until he was 7. Ashdown is his other home and while his parents' house still is here, he doesn't live in it and mostly just checks on it to make sure that no one's broken in and to tend the herb garden in the back.
    Chris' family moved back to the states when he was 15, Hyejin in tow, and his parents & Hyejin moved back shortly when he was 18. Chris remained in Ashdown then and has stayed, although when he was 21 he moved back to Korea for a year to take a break from college.

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Art

Official
    User Image User Image User Image
    User Image

Unofficial
    User Image

quest request!!
    This quest is for Alexander Thorne & Christopher Watts
    We are interested in an adventure into learning about the past and their involvement in it, preferably in OAD but excursions into the normal world are fine! Dangerous situations where one of them can/does get horribly hurt also interesting! Basically a gay dads adventure.
    We are not interested in death, loss of limbs.
    Some rewards we are interested in are
    [from dusk till dawn]
    Chris & Thorne have an open, internal bond where they can communicate with each other through thought and feeling. This cannot be heard out loud and it is simply only between the two of them. The bond itself has a physical mark on them in the form of matching marks that look like tattoos.

possible edits/additions to that power and info also accepted ouob

By posting this form, I acknowledge that I cannot request another quest for four weeks from today, (date). I will follow the outline given to me and I will notify the staff when the quest is complete.

song challenge
I'll make a man out of you - mulan (lyrics underlined)

Chris knew that Thorne was going to mass.

He had told Chris the night beforehand, when they were curled up on the couch together. The nights were getting colder and Chris was demanding to cuddle, clinging to the warmth of someone else under a layer of blankets. He had grown up too warm and he had adjusted to Ashdown after all these years, but summer was still the season he thrived in the most and he was coming down from that high. Coming down from those warm nights and the walks on the beach and the season that made him shed layers and actually show his arms.

Regardless, Thorne had told Chris, had said quite simply, "My brother's making me go to mass." Chris had paused for a second, hummed, and then shifted so he could trace patterns on Thorne's arms. "Okay," He had replied, just as simple, and let Thorne rant on for the rest of the night. It was a comfortable moment, a comfortable thing. He didn't think to question Thorne about it, or bother him more. Religion had never been a thing Chris had been too entirely entwined in, or rather, he had none at all. He had been raised with certain values, piecemeal things from different parts from both his mother and father, but nothing that was wholly one religion. Nothing that was rooted in one place, had a word that could be ascribed to it. It was slightly alien to Chris but it wasn't his thing to question, although he could tell Thorne had a rather complicated relationship with it.

So when Chris woke to Thorne leaving the bed, Thorne getting up to get dressed, he didn't question it. He certainly tried to keep Thorne to stay, clinging to him in warmth for a second, but it didn't work and he rolled over. Went back to sleep with the cats, curled up in the warm spot Thorne left. He woke a couple hours later, alarm blaring obnoxiously, and he only rolled over to turn it off and mourn the emptiness of the warehouse.

He knew Thorne would be back soon - that was not the problem, would never be the problem. Thorne was free to go wherever, for Chris would not keep him, in all honesty could not keep him. He would only follow him if he was allowed, if there was a place for him. No, the problem was just the warehouse felt too big, too roomy. It was perfect for the two of them usually, a home created by their edges bleeding together and making this space. Ink and canvas, paint and paper, soil to put it all together. It was theirs and when Chris woke up to it empty, to it just him and the echo of Thorne's warmth, Thorne's smell, it felt wrong. He sat up in the bed and just stared, eyes finally landing on the cats. Millie and Bergie seemed just as lost it looked, both staring at him with baleful eyes like he was the cause for the loss of Thorne. He snorted and lay in bed for a few more minutes, before finally getting up.

It was a bit of an over reaction, waking up alone like this and feeling so alone, but it was something he couldn't shake. Maybe it was the distance, since he had never felt this when Thorne was on runs, when Chris woke up and he was still in the town. Maybe it was just the religious aspect tacked on, something Chris couldn't figure out and wouldn't ever, a thought lost on him since he had nothing to compare to and wouldn't ever compare to. It was a thought that chased him as he went through his routine, as he stood in front of their shared closet and tried to pick out an outfit. They were learning self-defense today and Chris needed to be dressed the part, so that way when Thorne slammed him around Chris wouldn't ruin anything he cared too much about.

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

reserve  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:52 pm
reserve  

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

reserve  
User Image

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff