Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Has this kind of things happened to anyone else? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xmisscheshirex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:34 am
This morning I was walking to school. Usually, people give me odd looks, probably getting nasty comments too and stuff. We,, today's raining and since I didn't take an umbrella, people probably thought I was insane. Anyway, when I was arriving at school, some idiot who was driving passed next to the sidewalk, right over one of those large puddles of rain. My pants were soaked and I even thought about throwing a rock at his car, but I didn't because I was late.

I just want to know if anyone has ever done this kind of things to you. (Soak you, say things about you, etc.)

Personally, I try not to let these things get to me, but it happens sometimes. People who know me respect me. I just think it isn't fair to, as Lita1692 said, 'judge a book by its cover'.

Edit: Oh and I just remembered: a few days ago, I was coming in my French class and a moron told me to 'drop dead'. That time, I didn't know if I should have hit him in the middle of the class or laugh out loud at his stupidity.

~Bella

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:46 am
People say bad things about me, sure it bothers me but I try not to worry to much about it. Screw them if they don't like me. They don't know me and I'm sure they would like me if they did. But just don't let these things get to you.  

BlairyFairy

xXfracturedXFairytaleXx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:34 pm
Yep. I walk to school mostly everyday and sometimes i walk home also.
People usually give me bad cooments or a dirty look or so.
They think im weird cuz i'm an asian gothic boy. I dont like using
umbrellas either. I've been splashed on by cars a couple of times.
Well anyway, just dont let them get to you  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:39 pm
My favorite so far has to be to "accidentally" trip me, even when it is a huge, wide open area. Getting splashed by cars, talked about, or being hit with a ball in gym is always fun 3nodding . It is really only the ignorant people that "judge a book by its cover." I really don't let it bother me too much, but there will always be someone to be mean. If people do it on a consistant basis, but after a while they see it doesn't bother you, they may stop...or just make it into a routine, where you have to stand up for yourself. Even people who pass by need to learn to respect others!  

Acerbus nox noctis

Tsukishiro-san

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:40 pm
Yeah, but no one bothers me. And the ones that do, are the ones I know.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:08 pm
Thank you everyone. =)
I don't let these things get to me. People who know me respect me. I just thought it isn't fair to, as Lita1692 said, 'judge a book by its cover'. And I have to agree, being hit with a ball in gym is fun. I just hate it when people talk about me. Sometimes, instead of nasty remarks or sarcasm, I can resource to violence -it depends on what happened-.

Oh and I just remembered: a few days ago, I was coming in my French class and a moron told me to 'drop dead'. That time, I didn't know if I should have hit him in the middle of the class or laugh out loud at his stupidity.

~Bella

xmisscheshirex

north_of_nita

3,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:32 pm
Ive only let something like that get to me once. My mother told me to shut up and die, saying things like that isnt all that good when the person is already depressed and thinking about killing herself. Dont worry I dont think about it anymore. I do end up laughing at people that do say things like that now a days though. But most of the time people just avoyed me cause I have a rep since 3rd grad of not taking and s**t from anyone at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:03 pm
some time i wish people would say something to me so i have a reason to ******** them up, but noone ever does, becuase they are prbaly scared ill "cast a spell" on them or kill them in their sleep
but im sure people talk crap about me when im not around...
im sorry that s**t happened to you...
you should laugh at them...if you know youll get beaten to a pulp
just laugh at them even if its a fake laugh..people will start to leave you alone
anyway you only have a few years left to be around those dumbasses, so keep cool  

Leaden B

Magic Hoarder

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:18 pm
No one bothers me. If they do attempt to I never notice.

I don't see how you can say it doesn't bother you and then post about it....

If it truly didn't bother you, then you wouldn't even bother with the energy of even thinking about it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:13 pm
Most people generally give me a wide berth. The only person who really gives me any problems is my brother. But then, people had been picking on me all the time BEFORE i was goth, and my breakdown in junior year made people think i was going to come in and shoot up the school. Though i DID get "randomly" searched on both the outgoing and return trips of a trip i took a few weeks ago. Here's a tip... don't wear all black if you're going on a plane. Unfortunately, people will think you're a terrorist.  

Necroletariat

6,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100

THE_FINAL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:32 pm
I remember this one time, my friend and I were walking down this one street that's historic to our town and these guys in a white truck drove by us yelling about how we shouldn't be angry at the world. We just glared at them and kept on walking. When we got further down the street and turned a corner, they drove by us again, yelling and flipping us off. We just flipped them off and walked back. I found it very funny, I was laughing all the way home.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:18 pm
I've...
- been honked at
-stared at by old men
-told i was going to hell
- gotten an "ohh my gawd!" from an 8 year old
-had women think i'm going to eat thier babies
-been followed by cops
-tripped
-mocked
-talked about
-had garbage thrown at me
-had stones and full snapple bottles thrown at me
-and alot more.  

MerrickTheDarkOne

alone_vamp.wolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:41 pm
in the town i live in ur ether teased for being goth or respected so if i get teased i just look over at the person and they usaly take the hint but if they dont i just walk over and ask if they realy know who i am....  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:47 pm
People call me names and make fun of me because I'm the ''Odd girl out''
and if someone tells me somthing I don't like I say ''I don't need a play by play''  

GothicPrincess14309

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces