[PRP] How To Train Your Detectives (June/Jeremiah) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:40 am
June had a sense for when funny business was happening within the office. This was mostly because she never left the office, so it was always really obvious when things got jammed in the gears.

She wasn't nosy by any means but she did find it potentially concerning. If something serious had happened it could affect office morale! June was genuinely concerned with their wellbeing but she was also concerned with how it might affect their work. If it was just one of them it wouldn't have been so bad, but with Shun taking off work and a few others acting odd ... It was starting to become a situation where June thought she might be able to help.

June was just a ball of concern at all times.

"Jeremiah, sir?" June ventured, knocking lightly on the frame of his door.

azuredrems
i hope this is okay!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:28 pm
Considering that the Detective Lieutenant had been out on sabbatical for a couple weeks for medical leave and had just shown back up when things were getting-

Whatever they were getting.

Jeremiah did not seem to be phased however, working quite intently on the things that had piled up in his absence. "June," he said, not missing a beat as he finished typing something in a report, blue-green eyes flicking towards her and then back to the computer, "what did I tell you about calling me sir? Unless you want me to switch back to calling you Miss Liu?"

chiickadee

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:01 pm
"Um ... either is fine sir," she said awkwardly, adjusting her glasses. June didn't want to impose on anyone regardless of the request. Even things as simple as her own name.

"How are you?" she asked him equal parts casual and awkward. For once her arms weren't loaded with papers so her exact purpose for being there was unclear.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:42 pm
"It's one or the other, June. If you insist upon calling me sir, then I will insist upon calling you Miss Liu. If you prefer one or the other, now is the time to make your choice." Jeremiah glanced over at her again, still finishing up what he was doing.

There was a slight twitch upwards of his lips, the smallest hint of a smile. "I'm doing alright after my sabbatical. Feeling very refreshed, in fact." He finished what he was doing, his attention turning towards her entirely. The lack of paperwork was noted. "Was there something you wanted? I assume this is a more personal call since you're not carrying anything in your arms." There was a pause. "Not even a collection of pens in hand."

chiickadee

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:18 am
June's eyes went mind. "I ... I really don't mind," she squeaked. Her name was not something she needed defined in black and white.

She reached into her pocket and held up three pens that she carried with her at all times and then put them back. "Yes, it was about the sabbatical. Did you have a good time ....?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:15 pm
"Miss Liu it is then, if you don't mind." Since she did not seem to be able to drop the sir, despite the attempts otherwise. Jeremiah's eyes glinted a moment, that partial smile faltering and a hand rubbing the side of his neck.

"It was medical, so I would rather not discuss it. Especially considering it came on right after getting married."

chiickadee

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:16 pm
"Of course si-" She gasped. "Married?!"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:25 pm
"Yes, married." Jeremiah smiled, the gold band on his ring finger spun idly a moment with his thumb. The signet ring that had been on that finger was switched over to the other hand and another ring, one that was strangely white, was on his pinky.

"Though I usually keep that quiet," his personal life was something he had never advertised much, "but I can't exactly hide a ring on my finger, now can I?"

chiickadee

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:29 pm
"Congratulations sir!" she said, a hand going over her mouth. "Oh gosh if I would have known I would have made a card and given you some money or made a present or-"

azuredreams
she will keep going

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:26 pm
"Miss Liu please don't worry about it," a hand was held up to stop her, "and we're going to have another ceremony locally in the future for friends."

Then he smiled. "Thank you for the congratulations. I'm certainly happier for it but enough about me ... While I appreciate you checking in on me, was there anything you wanted? You seemed as if you came in with a purpose."

chiickadee

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:48 pm
"Oh! That's very thoughtful of you," June said with a pearly smile. It also meant she had a chance to make it up with some kind of fantastic gift.

Excellent.

She was pleased just to have known that but when Jeremiah asked about her purpose she was reminded all over again. "Oh ... right. I'm not sure now is a good time to talk about it, but ... Mr. Kuroda took a day off and you were gone as well ... I couldn't help but think maybe something more serious happened." She scratched her neck somewhat awkwardly. "I've noticed that ... worrisome situations tend to crop up when you two are together!" She meant it as a joke, but June's awkwardness might have ruined it.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:25 am
If the awkwardness ruined it, Jeremiah certainly did not seem to say anything. Instead his lips pressed together briefly and he shook his head. "Things do happen, Miss Liu, but it certainly isn't just when Sergeant Kuroda and I gather together."

His head tilted briefly, studying her and then giving her a reassuring smile. "There are just things that happen and sometimes it takes it out of us. Including the young sergeant, though admittedly my sabbatical and his time off were coincidental."

chiickadee

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:25 am
"Of course sir," she said, nodding her head enthusiastically. "I just thought it might be ... you know ..." She looked around for any passerbyers and then whispered, "Magic related."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:37 pm
Jeremiah arched an eyebrow, this time entirely unlike when she had asked before. "... and if I said yes, Miss Liu, what then?"

chiickadee

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:34 am
She rubbed her chin. "Well ... I'd want to know what happened- but more important, how I could best help."

June wasn't much more complicated than that; no ulterior motives here.

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces