iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:14 pm
The rain in other ashdown had stopped. It was something he'd never seen before and while it got chillier in Ashdown as fall set in, on the other side it was almost balmy without the rain.

Algernon was able to sit at a table outdoors and enjoy the weather with no need for a barrier or cleaning moisture off of every surface. He had several books in front of him, his usual brown notebook the one he was writing in, and a drink cup that he sipped from periodically that looked like it came from a fast food place.

lizbot
random set up thing lawl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:42 pm
America missed the rainy mystery of the Other Side. It made things both louder and quieter in that you could hear all the extras that meant the town was not-so-empty as first glances would tell you, but it the empty spaces were more hollow, now. No rainy drizzle to fill in the gaps.

It did, however, make it easy to survey the town from on high. The bluejay was there first, arriving in a sweep of brilliant blue feathers and curious hazel eyes that stared at Algernon for a long, assessing moment. It was quickly distracted by the end of his pen.

The girl arrived a couple minutes later, rosy cheeked from running this time, rather than residual loveydovies.

"Hey Professor Mix-Mercer!"

iloveyoudie

lizbot

No Faun

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:20 am
Alg was snapped from his concentration by the flutter and flash of blue. The pen stopped when he blinked at the bird and remembered Blackfriars and a distinct feeling that it had been judging him.

The notebook he was writing in was closed, as if the bird was snooping and he had the urge to swat it away if not for America's arrival stealing his attention again.

"America!" He rose politely in his seat, "Enjoying the weather?"

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:25 pm
"Well, I'm certainly enjoying the view," America winked at him and then had to immediately look away. Oh gosh, what was that?! Just because he was married didn't mean she could start flirting with Professor Algie all freely n's**t! Gosh!

It kinda did though
but America shushed that traitor voice right quick.

Dimpling up despite herself, she tried to meet his eyes again. "I miss the rain being over on this side, but it makes it easier to scan over things with Mr. Bitterberry, here."

iloveyoudie

lizbot

No Faun

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:05 am
Alg chuckled at the compliment, handled a bit more gracefully than it normally might, "Careful, comments like that have a habit of summoning my husband.." He winked with a chuckle, "Worse if you were to offer me free baked goods.."

Algie glanced over the bird, something he'd been interested in learning about previously. Wargs and weres were a whole new manner of magic that he was unfamiliar with.

"Is he as bitter as his name?"

lizbot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:07 pm
America grinned, shameless. "I'd rather we summoned him and he brought the baked goods, gotta say."

The bird, recognizing a piece of his name, looked judgmentally at Algie for not saying the whole thing. Hearing the softly gurgled criticism, America gave a little huff of a laugh. "Sometimes, but you gotta worry about him taking anything small and shiny more than attitude. His favorite word is mine."

In confirmation, Bitterberry gave a brief cry, trying to mimic the word like a parrot or raven but not quite there.

iloveyoudie

lizbot

No Faun

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:31 pm
The professor looked a little amused, hiking a hip a bit to reach in his pocket for anything he could possibly contribute to the shiny-object-bird fund. A pair of cufflinks were produced, left on a table in the house and he'd picked them up to put them away and forgotten. There was also spare change and his keys (besides a little lint).

The cufflinks and change were dropped on the table top, neither worth much really in his mind. "A peace offering, Mr. Bitterberry," Full name.

Alg's attention then went to America, "So what's it like?" His eyes drifted to the bird. "In comparison to other magic use?"

lizbot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:25 pm
Sucker.

The bird's judgement wasn't without fondness and didn't cause him a moment's hesitation in picking through the offerings.

America politely translated, "He says Thanks mister!"

The question had her laughing, quietly. "It's nice. It's not really magic-y anymore, not unless I stop and think about it. I guess it's more of a relationship than a," wiggle fingers. "It's also more....fateful, feeling to me. Though it can be taught, but I wasn't. It's not like the glyph business...and not like the floaty thing either, cause that's so simple."

iloveyoudie

lizbot

No Faun

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:26 am
Alg chuckled at the bird being discerning in it's treasure taking. The Professor wouldn't exactly be put out over some old cuff links and change though.

"Glyphs.. I'm interested in those. Though I've got a floaty thing of my own.." He chuckled, "But I float."

And without further ado he lifted off of the chair he was sitting in, legs still crossed as if he was sitting.

"What have you been up to? It's been a good while."

lizbot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:20 pm
"Anytime you wanna learn about 'em, I'll be happy to show you, Professor." She couldn't help but preen a bit until the man was up in air. With a laugh, America applauded.

"I've mainly just been looking for a place to settle in and figure out what to do about..." she gestured to the Otherworld around them. "I wanna try organizing a watch of sorts over here. Doesn't seem right that the first real sign of order here comes from a bunch of folks who'll just," the smile was completely gone, "kidnap and torture and kill like it's their right."

iloveyoudie

lizbot

No Faun

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:58 am
The professor sunk back down into his chair as if the floating never happened, "I would definitely be interested sometime." Gloom had shown him some of his shadow glyphs and while he hadn't really been taught, they'd peaked his interest.

"Well everyone has an agenda," Which seemingly included the court, "And not everyone is in on it. I'm interested in your idea but... most can't come over here at will. It's got to make it difficult to organize.."

lizbot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:58 pm
America refrained from arguing petulantly that she didn't have an agenda, she just wanted to make sure other people's agendas weren't so totally freed up for casual terrorism and murder parties.

"Maybe it's something folks learn with time, though. I mean I did, right? And so did some others, but yeah, gonna need a buddy system."

Taking out her small notebook, America wrote down three things.

Quote:

HOW TO MAGIC A GLYPH

1. You need something that has meaning to you, something important. Make sure it's solid, large enough to write a symbol on in ink, and that it's something you can easily carry around without losing it.

2. Ink. I think any will do, but I think some feel better than others. I'll get it for you this time.

3. Magic Dust from the Other Place. You can get it off birds and plants and such. It's gotta have Meaning to it. Protection, hiding, those sorts work real well for this as far as meanings go.

xoxoxoxoxoxo

America Jones!

With an almost shy smile she scooted it toward him. "Just tell me whenever you wanna try it."

iloveyoudie

lizbot

No Faun

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:07 am
"I still have to wait for a doorway to swallow me up. Or ask Jeremiah," The professor's lips quirked. "But I've managed to figure out the going home bits."

He glanced over her numbered list. Symbols and ink were easy enough, but magic dust?

"Do you mind if I keep this paper? And I'm interested in knowing about the magic dust... are we Peter Panning here?" We do believe in fairies?

lizbot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:29 pm
"Well," America answered thoughtfully, "I did get flown about by a fancy fellow the other day. Does that count?"

Eyes crinkling up she grinned and admitted, "I don't know the science of it. I'm guessing to live here, you gotta carry a bit of magic in you, right?"

iloveyoudie

lizbot

No Faun

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:36 am
Alg looked a bit amused, rubbing a hand along his jaw as he thought about it.

"Well things that live here I think are more magic than not... so do we just catch some sort of shadow squirrel and shake it like a salt shaker?" Somehow he found the idea amusing.

lizbot

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces