azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:31 pm
Shun had learned quickly that Jeremiah was trouble when it came to actual training. For now, at least, they were taking a break even though the older man was letting cold fire swirl around him briefly before it finally flickered out.

He needed to take a drink of water and while he was fireproof, the bottle of water was most definitely not.

"You've gotten better at blocking," he said a moment later, "but how are you doing with actual magic?" Shun did well with things that were related to himself but things outside of him? That was something they needed to work on still.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:55 pm
Shun let out a breath, shaking out his arms and legs a bit. He could completely avoid some of the attacks that Jeremiah had sent at him now, but he was still in need of improvement. He would always be in need of further improvement.

"Getting there. It requires a slightly different thought process," he replied, taking a drink of water for himself, "There are... a couple of things I have been working on."

He wasn't sure if these things were really ready for regular use, or practical use for that matter, but he was working on it nonetheless. One of these things, he had attempted only once in the field so far, and it... worked more or less. He didn't get himself killed.

That was something.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:46 pm
"We've not really discussed it yet so ..." Jeremiah raised an eyebrow. "Show me something you can do and tell me your process."

In all honesty he was impressed with Shun's progress. He was adapting quickly and Jeremiah was having to gradually increase the speed in which he came after the young detective.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:08 pm
He needed to think of what he wanted to show off. Shun tilted his head, considering his options. One of the things he wanted to save for when they started back up. But there was one more thing he could do, potentially.

Out from his pocket, he pulled not one but three folded blades that he went ahead and opened them up before tossing them into the air. Rather than clattering onto the ground, they hovered in midair, pausing briefly before they began to circle around his body about two feet out.

"One thing. These might not be the best objects for the matter, but this is with the idea of having a sort of offensive barrier. Any of these can become a projectile at any moment... basically by focusing on either defense or offence. Only thing is I need to make sure I do not injure myself in the process. I cannot move as fast with it up... looking to try and fix that."

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:47 pm
Jeremiah tilted his head, studying Shun as the blades were revealed and started to hovering in the air.

"Mm, it is a start." He flicked a hand, calling one of the blades to him and pressing it into a finger. There was no blood, nor any cut that showed.

"They're good blades but ..." The blade was released and he waited until it rejoined the others. "Put them away."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:52 pm
Hm. Yes, that was another issue with this technique that he hadn't quite anticipated while he was originally working on it. He may need to go back to the drawing board with this one. One by one, the blades went back to his hands, where he promptly folded them back up and tucked them back away.

"That one was giving me the most problems thus far. I may just need to try something else entirely," he stated with a shrug, "There is also..."

As he trailed off, he began to focus, calling out to the shadows once more. Slowly, a dark form rose up from Jeremiah's own shadow to stand right at the edge of his vision. It was humanoid in shape, but had no distinguishing features otherwise.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:56 pm
Jeremiah tilted his head towards what sparked at the edge of his vision, the gathering of magic noticeable. His shadow taking a humanoid shape was-

"That is good," he said with an approving nod. "Though I would be mindful of working with shadows." Just because they had minds of their own often enough."It is impressive for a short period time, however.

"Disperse it and I want you to try something." Something he was going to walk Shun through.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:06 pm
"I try to be respectful with them," Shun replied. A moment later, the shadowy figure vanished. It hadn't been solid, so he couldn't do any real offensive things with it, but it could work as a brief distraction or diversion. Enough for him to do other things potentially.

"What might that be?" he asked with a tilt of his head.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:12 pm
"They're shadows," Jeremiah snorted, "I think I'd be more concerned they won't listen to you when they decide you're not fun anymore."

He had opinions on shadows, alright.

"The blades as both a defensive and offensive barrier is an excellent idea but you could form them yourself." His hand was held out and the cold fire that he worked with flared to life. Quickly it froze over, a pale blue-green icy color, and was a icicle with a sharp point. Another formed a moment later and then another, until Jeremiah had a half dozen of them hovering.

"Something like this might save you the time of having to get the blades out as well as have other properties." It was the kind of magic that Jeremiah was trying to impart to him. The kind that was outside of yourself, pulling at the magic that was around them in other ashdown. "You could also use it to reinforce the blades if you wanted."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:26 pm
Shun watched with curiosity and interest as Jeremiah created a half dozen sharp objects of ice. He could definitely see how that would make things easier on him in numerous ways. Aside from using them as a part of that technique, he could try applying that knowledge in other ways. A quick attack and the like.

"I can see how that would be useful in a variety of different ways, rather than just for that ability in particular."

Shadows were too incorporeal and soft for that, but ice did seem like a good medium for that sort of thing.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:31 pm
"Algie can ... form lightning sometimes? In storm clouds above his hand." There was a fondness to his voice but it slipped away. "It's another thing you could work with if you wanted.

"You don't have to coax the magic to work with you if you don't want." With a flick of his hand one of the ice shards went flying and sunk into a piece of wood nearby. "With knowledge of what you want, a solid command, you can make it do what you want."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:45 pm
"...Algernon did mention once he would like to be able to shoot lightning," he murmured. Though, the idea of a mini storm cloud hovering over his hand was... interesting to say in the least.

Shun tilted his head, watching the pieces of ice fly off into the nearby wood.

"Hm... I see."

He held his hand out and looked down into it, focusing. The air immediately around his palm cooled, and bits of frost could be seen slowly forming.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:01 am
Jeremiah snorted when he heard Algernon but said nothing more on the matter.

"You are imposing your will over something else, Shun. There's no room for doubt, you simply tell it what to do. Be it with a thought and a wave of your hand." Another shard of ice flicked off into wood once more.

"There's still the matter of knowing what you want to do but it's easier than other forms. It can be more taxing, however ..." Yet he was very much impressed as he watched frost take shape.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:26 am
"Taxing as it may be, I just need to build up my stamina in order to perform these things," Shun murmured as he continued to focus on the building frost over his hand. The process was slow, but it was slowly forming a sliver of ice. He eventually had what was effectively a little needle in the air.

"...Well I suppose that is a start."

He flicked it off towards the wood, where its paltry form just shattered on impact.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:39 pm
"It is one of the more aggravating aspects of this place. That these muscles must be worked and honed just like we do with our bodies." Jeremiah sighed, fingers flicking and the ice shifting to fire and then dispersed.

"... but I believe you've got a better hang of it than you think you do."

Blade Kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas