[PRP] Hidden knowledge (Jer/Thorne/Shun/Library) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:27 pm
It was about time that Shun made his way to the library in Other Ashdown. There was knowledge there that he needed to seek out. Whether or not he was going to be able to find it, or even get into the building was another matter. He had never been there personally, just heard of stories here and there about other people's experiences.

The books here were not written in words, if he recalled. Instead they showed visions.

Maybe that wasn't the case for all of the things. He hoped that wasn't the case. Otherwise fetching Heliodora's notes may be difficult. Standing in front of the regular library, he watched as a few people were filtering out as the building was getting ready to close. The detective pulled his phone from his pocket.

Azuredreams
To Jeremiah
fetching the notes from the library

Letting out a breath, he stepped behind a tree and pulled his pendant out from under his shirt. It felt cool to the touch, as usual. With a bit of focus, the scenery around him shifted subtly. Shun stepped out from behind the tree, then stared up at what was now the Other Ashdown library.

elkbones
Come in however you please

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:32 pm
Jeremiah was already waiting at the library. After he had gotten the text he had closed his eyes and thought about the street in front of the library, down from the department and town hall.

He was there in a blink, shoulders rolling a little because he was getting used to this particular ability of his.

"Shun," he said with an incline of his head, glancing towards the doors of the library and then back to the young detective.

"Hopefully the doors will actually open this time." It had been mentioned that the last time they had not. "I'll let you do the honors of trying."

Not that Jeremiah truly liked the idea of what they were looking for but these notes would have to be recovered just in case.

Blade Kuroda

elkbones

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

moonjavas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:45 pm
Thorne was avoiding Mare. She had gotten into another mood about marriage proposals and marital statuses and oh, how lovely it was that he and Chris were sharing a bed like that, but if he did not bend the knee soon, he'd be bereft for the rest of his life. And then she had asserted that he should certainly look into adoption - because children would be necessary in the long run for Reasons, of course - and that had been when Thorne had bolted.

Now he was slowing down from a jog to a trot as he caught his breath, not necessarily heading in any particular direction until he caught sight of two blurry figures ebbing in and out of focus in the distance. With a soft rumble, Thorne slowed to a cautious walk, and then allowed himself a little bit of ease when it was revealed to be Shun and Jeremiah, and no more than that.

"Oh," he said, rumbling mildly, "Hello. Are you both on the run from troublesome things as well, or are you running into them instead?"

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:50 pm
Shun nodded once to Jeremiah in greeting, then turned towards the Library doors. Yes... this foray could definitely be brought to a halt if the place didn't allow him to enter in the first place. He was about to go on ahead and try the doors, when caught some movement in the corner of his eyes. He turned cautiously, not sure who else was out there.

It soon became clear that it was no other than Thorne.

"More of the latter," he answered, motioning up towards the library, "Assuming this thing does not keep us out."

He furrowed his brow, noting some of his wording a moment ago.

"Are you in trouble?" he asked.

elkbones
Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:12 pm
The library looms, forbidding in its grand stature.

A light flickers in one window.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:08 pm
Jeremiah quirked an eyebrow, looking Thorne over. He was tempted to ask if the younger noble had ran afoul something at court but left it.

"We're heading for trouble, as Shun said." His eyes glinted, glowing brighter. There was a twitch of amusement to his lips. "You're welcome to join us if it'll keep you from your troublesome things."

The light flickering in the window was disconcerting, Jeremiah tilting his head towards the double doors. "Go ahead and pull them open. Let's head on inside."

Blade Kuroda

elkbones

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

moonjavas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:15 pm
"I am only in trouble if Mare finds me," Thorne responded mildly, "I've been running from her all day. She's convinced that I need to propose marriage immediately to have any chance at respect later on in life."

He rolled his eyes and shrugged, gritting his teeth at the thought, though it alleviated a little at the mention of trouble.

"Oh," Thorne responded, "I would love to come along. This brand of trouble is far better than Mares, after all."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:18 pm
Oh. It was just Mare troubling Thorne. Well that wasn't too bad. Though he couldn't blame the guy for wanting to get away from his clingy fetch for a little while. Especially if she was... talking about trying to get him married.

"Marriage. Really."

Shun shook his head to himself, then turned back towards the library. He took note of the light flickering within. Had that been there earlier? He wasn't sure. After nodding once to Jeremiah, he walked on up the steps towards the door, then attempted to open them up.

"Here goes nothing."

Shibrogane
Open sesame
Elkbones
Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:21 pm
The doors swing open to cold, oppressive silence. No screams. No chanting. No sound at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:32 pm
"Mm, I wonder if that's because she spoke with Algie ..." Jeremiah snorted. "Thankfully Fell doesn't do anything like that."

Still he was then moved to silence because Shun was opening the doors to the library and the expected noises were not there. It was cold, not that he truly noticed, and-

"That is strange," he murmured, stepping inside as the others did. The entryway was familiar and there, as he had left them on a piece of crumbling stone months ago, was his map of other ashdown and the places he had seen the sigil. "Usually there's screaming."

Blade Kuroda

elkbones

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

moonjavas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:49 pm
"Yes, marriage," Thorne retorted, sounding spiteful. "I tell her I'm in a relationship and she thinks I should pull all the stops. I've been dating him for all of two weeks and she wants me to bend the knee."

The door swung open and Thorne stepped up next to Shun. "Shall we?" he asked. He'd never been here before. Certainly it wasn't a place that looked like it might really want visitors on any normal day.

His eyes slid to Jeremiah, cutting with confusion and mirth.

"No, not at all," he drawled in amusement, "She's been after me since the moment the ball ended and I became a Lord. Now she simply has gasoline to add to the fire because I am not single any longer."

He huffed out a little bit at the concept of screaming.

"Well that either means there is something horribly wrong or horribly right," Thorne said, crossing his arms. "Most likely the first, but god, I would hope for the second if I wasn't used to this place already."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:22 pm
"I really do not envy you, Thorne," Shun remarked. That sounded like a major pain in the a**. It must have been her old mind at work. It was mentioned that she may have come from the 1800s after all.

Once the doors opened, he hadn't really thought much about the silence since he wasn't too familiar with this place. Jeremiah's words caught his attention, though.

He nodded once to the both of them.

"Best stay on our guards, then."

Now very much alert, he stepped into the library and looked around.

"Is there a particular way to be seeking knowledge here? A catalogue or anything?"

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:25 pm
Their footsteps echo among the high stacks. Faraway islands of bookshelves hover out of sight and out of reach. There's no one here--

--

--is there?

Something shatters not too far away. Close-by. It doesn't shatter like glass, all at once; it shatters like a star, light and heat and cascading sound.

Then it goes quiet again.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:41 pm
"When I was here last? Not exactly. If there's something here for you, it usually finds you."

Then, as if on cue, there is sound and Jeremiah looks to see if he can spot whatever it was that made the noise. The sound of a star dying and it's bittersweet, all things considered.

"Follow the sound?" he said, gesturing for Shun to take the lead. "The stars fell and it sounds as if they fell in here."

Blade Kuroda

elkbones

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

moonjavas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:02 pm
"It's best not to," Thorne deadpanned. "I am wholly ill-favored in this world and all of its affairs."

The library echoed out around them, and Thorne didn't jump at the sound of something shattering, but his heart jerked in his chest, and he turned his head like a dog to something marked as prey. As a sign. As a signal.

"Well, how else would we court danger?" he teased Jeremiah, and prowled towards that direction.

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas