Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:26 pm
To be fair, he doubted anyone expected someone to crash into them out of a doorway. Alexis stumbled out like they hadn’t quite expected to wind up where they were, which Zac thought might be a tip off that they had com from Other Ashdown.

At least, that was as much as he managed to think in that they went down in a tangle of limbs, spilled books and at least one skinned palm and arm on Zac’s part to the ‘musical’ accompaniment of a surprised “Booof!” – which was at least a good approximation of the involuntary sound he made when he hit the sidewalk.

Blessedly, Mogget seemed to have some inclination that the crash was coming because he leapt out of his shoulder bag and ran a few steps to one side before whirling, tail held high and eyes as wide as saucers.

“Mmrrrp!?” Mogget observed.

daekie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:47 pm
"Holy s**t, I'm so sorry," Alexis gasped, one hand pressed to their left eye like they were mid-migrane and the other hand somewhere on Zac's shoulder, their hair a messy curtain blanketing their face above his. "********, are you ok? I didn't think it'd drop me out right in front of someone, s**t --" they recoiled, pulling off of him and wincing - "Hey, kitty -" and pulling themself to their feet, still out of breath and shaking, color halfway returned to their face.

endejester

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:53 pm
“It’s fine!” He said wincing a little and turning his hand to look at the shallow abrasions. “Are – are you alright? I think it was just a matter of time before that happened.”

“Ow… crud, but, area you alright?” he got himself to his feet as Mogget trotted forward to twine between his ankles and gaze curiously up at the ‘new arrival’

“Mrrr” He intoned seriously, tail making patterns against the leg of Zac’s leggings.

Daekie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:10 pm
"I think I'm fine," they replied, trying to calm, trying to shake less. "Just -- somethin' stuck its' hands in my eye and -- it kind of hurts." Alexis winced again, keeping their palm pressed against their eye, kneeling down to reach a hand out for Mogget to sniff. "I can see? But -- 'm not sure what else it did, and I'm kinda worried."

endejester

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:15 pm
That certainly earned an alarmed expression. “Here.” He offered lifting a hand but not touching. “L-let me see. I- I mean maybe there is nothing to see but I can look and see if there is anything odd.” He offered carefully.

Mogget too stepped forward, tip of his tail canted slightly to one side in almost a greeting, and curling almost into a full loop at the tip, like he were forming a magnifying glass to amplify the smells from when he leaned into sniff carefully at the offered fingers.

After a moment the cat blinked and gave a single loop around their legs before sitting on a foot.

Daekie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:26 pm
"...Sure," Alexis acquiesced, pulling their hand away from their eye, giving Zac a chance to look at it - there were spots where the eye was cloudy on the rim, the pupil not as focused as their other, but before he could say anything, they shrugged a bit. "If it's cloudy, that's normal. I'm kinda blind in it, a little, so -- just tell me if anything's weird, I guess?"

There didn't appear to be anything weird about their eye. Not at first glance.

endejester

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:29 pm
“If- Um - if that’s normal, then I don’t see anything odd with it?” He said cautiously.
“Did, whatever was mucking about say anything about your eye? Did it seem like… uh, well, did it seem like it might have just been trying to mess with you?”

Daekie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:33 pm
"It said," they take a second, trying to think, "that..I needed to take what I wanted, and I'd find it again when I'd learned better." Alexis blinks, giving Mogget an absentminded scratch. "...maybe it's somethin' to do with that second part? I dunno. Don't feel any better at finding things, personally."

endejester

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:36 pm
Zac looked troubled at least. “Did- I mean, do you feel like, do you feel like you’re missing anything?” he asked making a small face as he tried to puzzle out what those words meant.

Mogget did a little 'dance' on its tip toes as he received absent minded attention.

Daekie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:41 pm
"No?" Alexis looks puzzled. It's almost a comical look on them, really, their lip worried between their teeth. "Figure I'd notice that, but -- aside from the headache from somethin' shovin' its hands into my eye, I feel fine, honestly."

Alexis scritches Mogget behind the ears. It is 100% expert care.

endejester

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:50 pm
“Huh…” Zac mused.

“I- I’m not sure what else to recommend.” He admitted.

He frowned and thought. “Um, did it say it was doing anything in exchange? I haven’t seen too much of it being just, being odd to be odd.”

Mogget leaned into the ear scratching so much it seemed likely he would tip over entirely.

Daekie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:54 pm
"I dunno, but -- it was some sorta...shadow-thing." There's a slight frown on Alexis' face. "...I'm sure I'm missing somethin'. Being able to find it on purpose...that'd be real hard. Maybe I can track? Maybe it's a quest marker or something, iuno. That's dumb, isn't it."

These were the best ear scratches of All Time.

endejester

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:29 am
“Honestly, I wouldn’t put anything past the things I have seen in Other Ashdown so far.” Zac admitted. “But I hope it didn’t do anything bad, I hope.”

Mogget fell over on his side, paws fanning at the air and a little drool appearing at his lips.

Daekie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:59 am
"This is stupid," Alexis grumbles, but they close their eyes and concentrate, "I can't believe I'm using video game logic on my ******** magic, this is so stupid I don't even know."

Focus. Just -- where did he come from. Focus. Track. Think.

Alexis' eyes open again, and slowly, they walk the exact path Zac took to get to this location - but in reverse - they can see it, like ghosts in the darkened portions of their vision; the shadow of Mogget on his shoulder, impossibly faint.

endejester

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:33 pm
Zac opened his mouth, and closed it again, watching as Alexis follows the route he had taken, close, if not exact to how he had gotten there.

“That… um… I’m guessing you figured out what it did?”

Daekie

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas