rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] Paint it Black [Chel/Shun] [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Blade Kuroda rolled 3 4-sided dice: 3, 3, 2 Total: 8 (3-12)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:55 pm
Shortly after stepping through the door, Shun blinked a few times as he found himself standing before a wall of... really old TVs. They were showing off the Wizard of Oz. In super low definition.

He furrowed his brow and looked around. This street was vaguely familiar to him. But a number of things were different.

Time travel and the like had been mentioned in t he library prior. So it wasn't a matter of where he was... but when.  
chiickadee rolled 3 4-sided dice: 1, 4, 3 Total: 8 (3-12)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:01 pm
Chel appeared somewhere down the street, being approached by some ******** nutjob. She'd gone through the Time Warp after Shun and it took her a moment to find him in the group of people, but she found him near some TVs.

"Oh hey. I seen this one." She strapped Jack's camera around her neck for the time being. "What's the plan, Batman?"

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:27 pm
Shun turned around to see Chel approaching with... was that Jack's camera? He raised his brow at that. There weren't too many people on the street, from the looks of things. Thankfully. He had some mixed feelings about seeing her here. On one hand, help was help. On the other, he wasn't sure how crazy she was going to drive him.

"First we find out what year this is. Then we find a way of blending in. We have enough on our plate as is without needing to deal with people giving us a hard time because we look outlandish to them."

The TVs were in color, so that was a thing.

"Also drop that nickname. Depending on the year, Batman may not even exist yet," he scoffed. Maybe it would get her to drop the stupid nicknames altogether.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:37 pm
"Now yer speakin' my language," Chel said with a grin. Blending in was kind of her thing when it needed to be. Pink hair aside.

"Bats existed 'fore Batman, y'know." She reached up to give the back of his head a little rustle. "Step one of blendin' in- chill out, man. Step two- clothes."

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:45 pm
Shun swatted her hand away, then fixed his hair. With a huff, he began to look around for further clues on what the date was. Given how old everything looked, there was probably a newspaper stand... somewhere.

"Speak up if you find a newspaper. Rather check that than ask anyone," he muttered while he began to move on down through the street. There was a sort of grocery store here with its produce ads posted up. Damn those prices were low.

In the alley next to it was what appeared to be a homeless person with a cardboard sign up.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:12 pm
Chel followed with a far more relaxed disposition to their situation. She covered up her own worries in a different way.

"Hey, wait. We can figure out here, just give me a sec." Chel pulled Shun aside, into a record store. Now this was a place that would have the date. She gestured for Shun to wait for a moment.

She pretend to leaf through some of the music as though actually interested; really she was just looking at some of the music that was there. Ahhh- Beatles. Okay, that could work.

She then slid up to the cashier and leaned on the counter. "Hey, what's that new Beatles song? Y'know that one on the radio?"

The guy behind the countered responded a plain, "Come Together."

"Ah yeah- yeah that one's good yeah." She continued the conversation for a few more short exchanged pleasantries before heading back to Shun.

"1969." Chel wasn't very good with book smarts, but she did have a soft spot for music.

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:24 am
Watching her go on into the record store, he tilted his head, waiting to see what she was up to exactly. When she came back out, knowing the exact year, he raised his brow. 1969. Well, he could keep his jeans on.

"Not bad."

Shun motioned for Chel to keep moving.

"Right in the heart of the cold war. Pretty certain Vietnam is happening right now too," he murmured while he walked along the street. Turning the corner, he spotted a few residential houses. But more importantly, he saw a few things hanging out on some clothes lines. He started to make his way there.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:11 am
"******** if I know s**t about the 60s. Wasn't it just hippies and s**t?" Shockingly, Chel didn't pay attention in history classes.

She followed him idly, unsure what he was aiming towards. "Uh ... Where're you goin'?" It looked like he was about to invade someone's backyard.  

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:52 am
"Hippies were a thing, yes. A lot of protests were going on during this time. For peace and for civil rights," Shun shrugged.

He glanced over his shoulder briefly as he continued to make his way towards the yard, then glanced around to see who was all around, "I need some different clothes to blend in better. I just have a recently printed twenty dollar bill and my credit cards, neither which will be accepted right now I bet."

Upon coming up to the clothesline, he looked around once more, then peered at what was hanging. These all looked pretty horrible. Begrudgingly, he swiped a couple things off and started to walk away.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:51 pm
"I'll find a store later," Chel said nonchalantly. She wasn't too worried about sticking out for a little bit longer. She was pretty used to sticking out.

Chel gestured to the clothes and said, "We can go find a cheap hotel fer you t'change in." Chel wasn't opposed to changing right there in the middle of the backyard, but she figured he might not be as inclined.

"I'd say we should split up but I dunno how I'd find you again."  

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:33 pm
Bundling up the clothes under arm, he just grunted once in response to her. Their phones were probably only partially functional here. No cell towers being anywhere nearby and the like.

"I may have to see if there are some errands I can run for some quick cash," he muttered lowly. He supposed it was worth a shot to see if anyone would accept his money, but he had its doubts. The modern 20 had a number of differences with the bills in the past, not to mention that the print date was probably somewhere within the past couple of years for him.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:18 pm
"Alright. Find the closest bar- s'probably the easiest place t'let things slide."

She didn't think they'd be able to do anything the legal way here considering they didn't exist.  

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:07 pm
Shun nodded at that. A busy bar may not object to a little extra work in the back. He was going to need to check that out. For once, he had a similar line of thought to Chel. Doing things the normal, legal way, was going to be hard, given their situation. As was evident by the fact that he had just blatantly stolen some clothes from someone's lawn.

"Right... hopefully this will not take us too long, but once we have everything set up, we should be good to go as far as hunting down the derelict memory, or whatever the tear is. Perhaps we will rendevous with a few of the others that ended up here as well."

If Chel was here with him, there could be some others as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:14 pm
Chel nodded. It was ... almost relieving that he wasn't raising any objections. Finally they could do things her way.

As they walked towards what seemed to be a busier part of town, a thought occured to Chel. "Hey Shun ... What if we get stuck here?"  

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:17 pm
Shun's fingers twitched slightly at that thought. It was a possibility. The four who stayed behind were there to help ensure this wouldn't be the case, but it wasn't exactly a foolproof plan.

"We make due," he muttered under his breath. It was not something he wanted to happen, however. If he recalled, there was a fair bit of racism against Japanese people around this time, though it had been far worse during world war two. That aside, there were a plethora of other issues here.

That wasn't to say that the modern era didn't have it's own troubles.  
ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff