Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:17 am
the garden that grows

"I think," he looked to Algie as they stood on the veranda, "that if the world is going to end it could leave my garden alone."

No, Jeremiah was not over the fact that his garden was still in poor shape. It wouldn't be like it was for some time.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:07 am
where life goes

It turned out that being Nobles came with it's own particular brand of powers and changes. Jeremiah was a personal fan of Algie's ability to bring his stories to life but he had not at all talked about his own.

Not beyond that he could compel truth from someone if necessary.

That he was entirely impervious to fire and suffered no harm from it whatsoever was-

It simply was not talked about.

Yet today he was waiting for Algie once more after classes, his husband having driven in himself, and smiling as he watched him finish up. There were a few looks that he got from the students but this time he wasn't going to be falling asleep in class.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:18 am
the garden that grows

Algie's arm was around his husband's waist and he leaned into the taller man. He'd been as helpful as he could be with the garden but his drive to maintain it was always merely for the sake of the other. He just didn't have much of a green thumb himself.

"Live fast, die young, leave an attractive garden?" He chuckled. "At least it gives you something work on.." And b***h about... that wasn't magic.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:24 am
where life goes

Again the class filtered out, less gossip when the Cheif managed to stay awake through the class, but now that Algie knew what his voice could do he was especially careful of it.

"You're spoiling me," Alg greeted his husband with a kiss after the class had gone and his things were gathered up, "Showing up like this all the time."

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:01 pm
the garden that grows

"All the power I've got and I can't do a bloody thing about the garden ..." Jeremiah huffed and turned to press his face into Algie's hair. It truly was a sore point and he squeezed his arm around the other.

"You really don't mind helping, precious?" It was a lot of work sometimes and- Jeremiah's garden had been something he worked on for years and, in all honesty, something of a tribute to both their mothers whether it was talked about or not.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:27 pm
where life goes

Jeremiah slid his arm around Algie, lifting him upwards some because he could, and kissed him in turn. "You could do with more spoiling," he told him, nipping at his lip before letting him settle to the ground.

"For all that I've more work to deal with, the hours are a little more forgiving." Which meant he could, when he wanted and his work was dealt with, could come and see Algie. Being Chief of Police was freeing for all that it might have chained him more. "... and I'm quite fond of listening to you," he said with a smile, adjusting his husband's scarf.

It was that time of year.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:29 pm
the garden that grows

Algie chuckled, "I tried to sell my soul once for faster internet but there were no takers." Algie parted just a bit to blink innocently up at the taller man, "Some things cannot be controlled."

He lifted on his toes to kiss him before looking back out at the garden. It was lovely when at it's prime and Jeremiah was so good at keeping it that way, it was a bit frustrating if even only from an aesthetic perspective.

"I really don't mind," a squeeze, "you know I hate to see hard work go to waste."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:35 pm
where life goes

"I'm not complaining," He patted the scarf once it was settled and tangled his hand with Jeremiah to head out of the building. "I'm that absolutely nutter person who genuinely enjoys spending all his time with his spouse."

He scratched his head a bit sheepishly, "Funny how I hate being the center of attention unless I'm bullying young people into reading under the guise of teaching." He was exaggerating of course but it was genuinely interesting that a lecture hall full of people didn't bother him nearly so much as a simple compliment or over acknowledgment could.

At the door outside he paused, "Where'd you park?"

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:03 pm
the garden that grows

"Did you perhaps consider that there were no takers because I've already secured your soul elsewhere?" Jeremiah matched him innocent blink with innocent look. Absolutely serious that he's taken your soul, Alg. It was his and he was keeping it forever.

He leaned towards the kiss and let out a small sigh when it broke. "I appreciate it, precious, I really do." It bothered him more than he could truly explain that the garden was nowhere near what it used to be. Of course he was also forgetting a very important factor in returning his garden to what it once was.

Which was why there was a very primly sitting there Hellbine.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:10 pm
where life goes

"What a coicidence," Jeremiah replied, "so am I." It was why he was making an effort to be there every chance he had to be with Algie after work. He simply shook his head when his husband spoke, leaning to press a kiss to his temple.

"Precious, you never minded attention when you were boxing either." It was something about the fact that it wasn't truly him, Jeremiah suspected, but what he was doing that was the focus of all the attention. At the mention of parking, he stopped with his husband and his lips twitched in that particular way they did when he was up to something.

"I didn't."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:29 am
the garden that grows

"Well you are welcome to the pittance that is my soul, love," Algie chuckled. "Pretty sure it's been yours longer than you realize."

Hellbine looked very cute and poised where he sat and Alg leaned to give him a scritch, "At least you have a helper... unfortunately my own beast is no good for anything but hand and foot warming."

Somewhere in a window Violetta sneezed.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:32 am
where life goes

"Mm well that's not so true anymore," About the boxing. He was very self conscious about it and Jeremiah knew he'd been visiting the gym in his spare time but they'd yet to go together truly and he was a bit shy about going during bustling hours.

"What do you mean? You didn't walk certainly.. " Alg blinked. Maybe he was ice zooming around?

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:21 pm
the garden that grows

"I think that goes for you as well," Jeremiah replied, nudging the other with his hip. That they had been each other's for longer than they had realized. Yet he would always believe that Algie was a better man than he was but that was not a conversation for now.

"Only because Pax-" That had him sucking in a breath and then his head ducking down a moment. Of all three of the teenagers, Heliodora's death was the hardest. "Only because Pax taught him how." The silver-haired man offered a hand to his small familiar and Hellbine, still so prim, climbed his way up to Jeremiah's shoulders to sit.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:26 pm
where life goes

At some point, Algie was going to have to introduce him to the young man he was boxing with but for now he was simply happy that he was boxing once more. On his own terms and not because of-

Neither here nor there.

Jeremiah's lips twitched again before he chuckled. "I actually ... well, I suppose teleport would be the word? I wanted to be here and so ... I was here." He ducked his head down, scratching at the back of his head and blue-green eyes glancing towards his husband. "It's not the same as that other thing I can do." The one that he used primarily for offense and involved cold fire. "So I can only assume it's because ..." He was a Noble of the Court. "I was testing it before I mentioned it."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:46 pm
the garden that grows

Alg frowned at Jeremiah's pause. He also felt Heliodora's loss keenly and he knew perhaps he put more meaning to it than he should for a girl he barely knew but.. neither he or his husband could help how they felt.

Algie watched Hellbine and just chuckled, "It's like the beginning of 101 Dalmations where the dogs look like their owners." The little cat got more scritches, "Active and adorable and magically useful.."

He looked between Jeremiah and Hellbine with a smirk before turning to look for Violetta, "And we're fat and lazy and slow to make friends.." There was no self deprecation in his tone, just a joke.

Then he made a face, "Violetta!" He wanted his damn cat now. In a good solid minute she came slinking around a doorway but just rubbed on it and didn't actually come to him.  
ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff