[PRP] Between Two Lungs (Lily & Temperance) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:37 pm
For this special ocassion, she'd cranked up the music in her small apartment. It helped drown out her insecurities. Plus, Temperance needed to do something with her life - she couldn't waste it by not living fully and well. With that in mind, she hastily tapped out a text message and then waited.

amitotic
Text to Sailor Pluto🌙: hey Lily. I've been thinking - do you want to grab dinner or a movie or something sometime? like a date haha

She sent it and squeezed her eyes shut.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:14 pm
Lily found that her recent influx of subscribers came with a whole slew of projects--generating new content, answering emails, brainstorming, networking, the works. She'd been digging through her magical drawer of makeup in search of the perfect eyeliner for her next shoot when her phone buzzed, accompanied by a chiming, sparkling sound. She hadn't heard from Temperance in a while, and with all her newfound responsibilities she hadn't even thought to reach out in the aftermath of everything they'd all seen.

Needless to say, whatever she had been expecting, it wasn't a date proposition. She stared blankly at the screen as warmth crept across her face, and with slow fingers she tapped out a response.

To Sailor V
oh man haha
yeah I could do that
as long as its a matinee or something
not to be el cheapo but I am el poor

She stared down at the series of texts, biting her lip, and then on a second read of the final line began to type away furiously.

To Sailor V
I mean youre totally worth like friday night tickets or w/e
but financial aid doesnt drop until next week
so I gotta keep the budget super tight

Because nothing was more romantic than nickel-and-diming a first date that hadn't even happened yet.

The Semblance of Unity

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:39 pm
Temperance stared at the texts from Lily. Did this... did this mean she really didn'twant to go? Her heart rose into her throat. She hadn't expected that, somehow, because it was easier to try not imagining all the possible outcomes.

Amitotic
Text to Sailor Pluto: Um, if it's ok I had just planned on paying. I wouldn't

She hit send too soon. s**t.

Quote:
Text to Sailor Pluto: Make you pay or anything, since I was asking. Unless you don't like that..

She was from a wealthy family, even if she usually shopped at cheap department stores. (The real money she saved for her collection of collectible game merch, she was embarrassed to admit.) Her mind flip-flopped. What if Lily assuming they'd split the bill meant Lily didn't want a date? And that was the whole point of new year, new Temperance. She groaned and flopped down onto her bed, nearly beaning herself in the forehead with her own phone. This was harder than she thought.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:10 am
To Sailor V
Oh.

Lily had abandoned her search for makeup altogether, instead slumphing some dark clothes off of her bed to give herself space to sit. She bit her lip as she stared down at the phone, thinking of what to reply. Wasn't she supposed to pay for dates? Wouldn't that make her a bad...person to be dated?

To Sailor V
I mean that's cool if you're offering
I'm about it
So whenever you want to go is cool

She probably should have been more flustered about all of this, but she was still too in the moment to process that someone found her likable--it would be later, in those moments when she was trying to go to sleep, that her mind would go sprinting to full-on panic.

The Semblance of Unity

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:21 am
amitotic
Text to Sailor Pluto: Oh c'mon, I want to do something -you'd- like. If it's alright, want to meet up for a movie this Friday? We can decide what when we're there.

Temperance chewed her lips fiercely. s**t, she probably should buy chapstick.

Quote:
Text to Sailor Pluto: Or we can do whatever.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:07 pm
Lily got most of the way through typing 'I like blondes' before she decided that was coming on a bit too strong for a girl she'd really only seen in class and a couple of times in magic bullshit land.

To Sailor V
I like movies
And long walks in the woods
Its starting to be tree time

In theory, Lily had things like a production schedule to think about, but given that she was her own actor and post-production crew, she had the flexibility to make her own hours.

To Sailor V
But yeah we can start with movies so I can be less weird
7ish sound good?

The Semblance of Unity

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:30 pm
Amitotic
Text to Sailor Pluto: How bout pina coladas? Getting caught in the rain?

Okay, she told herself, can the dumb jokes.

Quote:
Text to Sailor Pluto: 7 is good. Meet me at the Ritz?

Quote:
Text to Sailor Pluto: good weird. It's a good weird.

If she thought about it, wasn't there a special showing at the Ritz? It could be perfect....  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:14 pm
To Sailor V
okay but
bro
pineapples are great
I could eat like a whole one if they weren't spiky
But yeah
7 at the Ritz
It's happening

---

Lily had intended to be early for her date. She'd gone out of her way to give herself extra time to get dressed in her best black shirt and do her eyeliner flawlessly and to make a stop on the way for a special gift. But there was this tree at the edge of her complex, and in the stillness of its bare branches Lily noticed a perfect place to perch...

She hadn't even noticed that she'd been lounging until she opened her phone to take a selfie and it was 6:45. Whatever snarling expression she'd been making for the camera slowly melted until she was faced with nothing but an open-mouthed stare, looking back at her from the screen of her camera.

"...Well ******** her credit, she made it to the front of the theater at 7:02, carrying a purse that looked to be misshapen by a singular oblong shape, green fronds curling up from the top. Her hair, for all that she'd brushed it, was a draped mess, and her bangs cut into her view where they weren't just sticking onto her forehead. With a low hum she tried to smear them down into something more even and presentable, scanning the crowds for the familiar blonde. Anxiousness began to creep into her shoulders--what if she'd missed her mark, and Temperance had just...gone home? Nurses liked timely people, didn't they? And Lily was not timely.

She bit her lip and continued her search. Maybe she would be lucky.

The Semblance of Unity

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:14 pm
Temperance grinned and flopped back on her bed. Then she covered her face with both hands. Oh god.

-------------------

Unlike Lily, Temperance had shown up almost embarrassingly early. She had fidgeted incessantly, done her hair, redone her hair, even put on eyeliner though she couldn't do those fancy wing things. Lily could, though, she bet. So, as it happened, she waiting when Lily arrived. She breathed out a nervous sigh of relief.

Slipping up behind Lily, she grabbed the girl's hand and pulled her towards the edge of the crowd. "Lily!" Temperance hoped her hand wasn't like... sweaty or something. "I... uh, I'm glad you came. Not that I thought you wouldn't or anything!"

amitotic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:44 pm
Lily didn't recoil at the touch, but there was a certain sharpness to her stare as she shifted her glance over, the line of her mouth thin and flat. But she saw Temperance and her expression softened to a sleepy smile, curling her fingers around the other girl's hand in a soft hold.

"Hey, Sailor V," she crooned, letting out a little surprised giggle as she let herself be led away. "Sorry I'm late, I was gonna text you but I never walk as fast when I'm texting, and I really thought I could make it, buuut I guess I'm a few minutes short, heh..."

A thought struck her, and she reached for her bag, holding it up. "Oh yeah, I brought you something," she added, lifting what appeared to be an entire pineapple from the contents of her purse while making an expression of mock wonderment. "They were BOGO at the store, so I thought, y'know, pina coladas but hold the colada. Just pina."

The Semblance of Unity

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:44 am
Temperance squeezed Lily's hand lightly. "You weren't that late, you know." She looked at Lily's bag, frowning, but the frown turned into a smile, complete with wrinkled nose. It was clear she was trying not to laugh, although she did snort.

"Lily, oh my god - you know...." She lifted up her own bag. "I have a knife in here. We can be the fanciest people in the theater with pineapple popcorn. I got our tickets by the way." She tugged her along towards the concession stand. Everything there was so unhealthy, but maybe there was something.

"Want anything, sailor scout?" Temperance was jittery and nervous, but refused to let her nerves make her release Lily's hand. Look, this was all very new for her and very... different. She might faint. Instead, she bumped her shoulder against Lily's.

amitotic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:17 pm
"We'll be trendsetters," Lily giggled, sliding the pineapple back into her bag like it was some discreet contraband and not a giant spiky fruit. She let herself be led into the theater, to the colorful displays of the concessions, glancing them over with mild interest.

"I'm good with the fruit, but I'll snack off of whatever you get," she shrugged, keeping her hold on Temperance nice and soft. Moving to intertwine their fingers was probably too bold of a move on the first date with such a classy lady, so she kept her touch distant, just like her gaze. Every so often, however, she would look over, and the edges of her eyes would crinkle like she was smiling.

"So what are we going to see, anyway?" Lily asked, glancing over at the ticket stubs. She responded to Temperance's bump by leaning into her instead, resting her chin on the other girl's shoulder to get a better view. "I hope it's good, sometimes movies make me sleepy."

The Semblance of Unity

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:42 am
If Temperance had known Lily thought of her as such a 'classy lady', she might have laughed. She didn't feel classy, she felt nervous and maybe a little giddy and how did dates work anyway? It'd been so long since she'd gone on one that she felt rusty with disuse. Of course, it was a little different, too, because this was her first date with a girl. Temperance had given herself some time to think about things and if she didn't just go for it, she never would. Objectively, her own sexuality didn't matter, but subjectively, it was all a bundle of confusion. Bu she liked being around Lily, and Lily was adorable, especially with her messy hair.

She turned at the weight on her shoulder, flushing a bit to see Lily's face so closely. "I promise to wake you up at the good parts," she said teasingly, lifting the tickets so Lily could get a better look. Sailor M R. The name cut off, but it was two tickets for Sailor Moon R: Promise of the Rose. "I.. should have asked what you wanted to see - I hope this is okay?" Temperance didn't think and jsut had gone with her gut that said, hey sailor moon movies - DO IT. Her smile turned a little sheepish.

"I think I'm just going to grab a drink - then we should find seats."

amitotic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:08 am
Lily glanced at the tickets for a second, and her expression went blank. For all that she'd been calling Temperance Sailor V, she had an ugly, dark secret, and that was that she'd never really seen all of Sailor Moon. She'd seen a couple of episodes here and there and a friend's house, and as a child of the internet she was proficient enough to know the faces and names of characters from fanart that would show up from time to time. But did those plucky scouts ever defeat Metallia? It was a mystery. She had no idea there even were Sailor Moon movies. By all accounts, she was a fraud.

"Oh, sweet," Lily responded when her brain reminded her that she did, in fact, need to respond in some way. "That's like...the one with the roses?" She felt regret the moment the words left her lips--it was Sailor Moon, there were roses everywhere. She nodded before she lifted her chin off of Temperance's shoulder, swallowing at the sudden dryness in her mouth. "Sounds good," she said, offering a thumbs up with her free hand. She made no effort to let go of Temperance's hand, being mindful to toddle along behind her as they made their way towards the counter.

The Semblanvce of Unity

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:25 pm
Temperance twisted her head to look at Lily, taking the opportunity to intertwine their fingers. She smiled, a little sheepishly. "You know, I don't know. I've only really seen the live action stuff; I guess we will both find out." It made her feel kind of better that Lily hadn't seen the movie before. But it would make her feel more awful if it was a bad movie. Too late now.

She quickly ordered a Dr. Pepper (because it was the movies, and sometimes a little was okay and she so rarely had Dr. Pepper), received it and began tugging Lily along to the theater. "Do you want the front, middle, or back? And I'm sure if its, ah, boring or there's not enough roses, we can find some way to entertain ourselves." And that came out sounding far more suggestive than she intended and Temperance flushed a little.

amitotic

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces