Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:01 pm
User ImageUser Image
HoneyTeaTree's Teepee | StrawberryRoseTea's Teepee
This is a private RP between between these two Soq. Please don't post unless you've been invited to do so~ emotion_bigheart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:31 pm
Part of her spiritual journey had taken her up North. She heard the wind whisper to her, calling to her, telling her to journey to where the mountains were covered in snow and the water was frozen in a sparkling layer of ice. Flidais had gladly headed it's call.

Of course, she wasn't prepared for the chilling winds. It managed to freeze her under her fur pelt as it blustered about her. She shivered as another particularly chilling gust went through her to her very core. The scarlet mare felt woefully unprepared in her journey, perhaps she had been a bit too eager to listen to nature's call. With a shake of her dark colored mane, Flidais took a few more steps into snow that was growing ever higher on her legs and her mane and tail sported a faint dusting of the white, gleaming snow.

So far, she had yet to encounter any other life aside from a few rabbits that she had nearly missed because they blended in so well with the white backdrop of the world around her.

StrawberryRoseTea

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:44 pm
User ImageIt had been a long while since he had misjudged his timing so poorly. He had known the storm was coming,as they so often did in these parts of the mountains, but by his judgement he had still had enough time to make one last run to gather some food in case the blizzard lasted more than a day or two. Oh how wrong he had been. It had come up suddenly just as he was turning back toward the cave where he customarily took shelter. "At least on the bright side I got the food." He muttered to himself. The wind whipped his words away as soon as they barely crossed his lips. Making sure his cloak was still secured, aw dropped his head and walked into the pelting snow heading in the direction that he hoped his shelter lay.

He had nearly made it to his destination when before him he noticed a dark shape against the backdrop of flurried white. It gave him pause as he didn't know whether the family of Kalona he had robbed of its servant was still in the area or not. Holding perfectly so as not to draw attention to his own hide's disruption of the vista he watched the figure. Too small to be one of the Kalona. And whoever they were they seemed to be having trouble with the snow. Breathing again, El began to push his way through the snow to see who this stranger was.

What a surprise! As he drew nearer the vague shape began to resolve itself into a mare.
"Hello!" he called to her from some several feet away as he didn't want to startle her. "Are you alright? Do you have shelter?" She was obviously cold and ill prepared for the mountain winter but it never hurt to give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

xX Green Tea Tree Xx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:19 pm
Flidais turned her head as a biting, cold gust blew snow into her eyes and she shook her head to try and clear her vision and give her eyes some relief from the stinging winds of the North. She should have really expected this, especially since it the winter had settled in and the North was known for its harsh winters.

The cerynei trudged on, her footing get more difficult to find as the snow continued to pile up. Flidais squinted as she saw something off in the distance and it looked to be approaching her. She didn't know if it was someone friendly or someone that would eventually harm her. The mare was definitely out of her element, but this was a learning experience and the spirits had sent her here for a reason. It was up to her to figure it out.

Her emerald eyes lit up as the figure spoke out to her. "Hello," she called out in return. Flidais dared to edge a little closer as he inquired about her shelter and she shook her head. "To be honest, no, I don't. I was hoping I might come across some place I could set up shelter or happen across a herd that might be willing to offer somewhere warm to stay for the night."

She paused as she spoke and she looked to the dark brown stallion as he came closer in to view. He was another Cerynei, but he appeared much more prepared for the cold mountain weather than she was. There was a smile on her face as she ducked her head in a show of respect. "Is there anywhere you might know that I could go? I'm not incredibly familiar with this area..."

StrawberryRoseTea

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:55 am
User ImageEldrin shook his head to clear the snow from the fur around his ears and eyes. Silly mare coming out here with no plan and unprepared, he thought to himself. Of course he himself hadn't really been any better off the first time he wandered up this way. He had been lucky that time to find shelter. Which happened to be the cave he was staying in now presently. After hearing she had no plans it wasn't even a moments decision for him to come to the conclusion that he would offer her shelter.
"The only herd you'll find up this way would have taken you in alright. And never let you leave. Last time I was this way I helped a charming mare escape them." He had to shake the snow from his face again. The storm was still picking up in intensity, the snow falling thicker, the gust getting harder and more frequent. "I have taken shelter in a cave just ahead. There's room if you'd like to come with me."

Since she had moved closer he took the time he waited for her reply to study her better. He was interested to see that she was a cerynei like himself. The red of her coat stood out starkly against the snow in a most attractive way. Her eyes, what he could see of them, made a brilliant contrast that he found lovely as well. Sharing quarters with her while they waited out the weather would be no chore if she chose to follow. He was again thankful for his foresight to always over prepare while gathering food.

xX Green Tea Tree Xx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:01 pm
The scarlet mare couldn't help but feel pleasantly surprised at the stallion's offer of shelter. She gave a bow of her head in thanks, eyes closing for a brief moment before she lifted her antler adorned head once more. Flidais couldn't help the gentle smile that slipped across her features, a warm light held in her emerald eyes. Yes, the spirits were always looking out for their creations, and she was sure this meeting was no unintentional. "I will be forever in your debt, thank you."

Flidais gave a shake of her head to rid her vision of the cold white specks that seemed to be coming down in a never ending fall. It seemed that the snow was coming down in heavier and heavier waves and the cold bit of the wind seemed to be getting cold and colder as the day went on. Were the mountains always like this? How strange that there were many who chose to live among its icy caps. Then again, they were probably more suited for the cold's bite. With another shake of her head, Flidais let her musings subside and put her focus back on to Eldrin.

So far he seemed like a kind stallion and while his darker coloration made him stick out in the white and gray landscape, he still appeared to belong in the blustery winds. There was nothing outlandish of him in such a setting, whereas she was sure she looked as unprepared as she felt. Ah well, it was a learning experience after all. Another cold gust caused her dainty form to shiver and she gave the stallion a look that all but suggested how eager she was to get out of the cold. "Shall we walk and talk? I don't know how much longer I'll be able to stand here in the snow and ice."

"You said you rescued a mare? I would love to hear about such a tale while we traveled," she offered.

StrawberryRoseTea

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:51 am
User Image Somewhere between being charmed by the way her eye lit up as she expressed her gratitude and watching her shiver in the wind and snow Eldrin found himself unsecuring his feather cape. Mindful of the satchel stuffed with food, he pulled the cape from his body and draped it around her shoulders. He just couldn't stand to see her so miserably unprepared and out of place.
"We don't have far to go." he reassured her, making sure to stifle the shudder that wanted to move through his body as the chill wind cut through his fur where the feathers had previously been protecting him. "I'll tell you all about Kally once we're out of the weather and warming up. We'll have plenty of time while we wait for the storm to pass, I'm sure. So long as you don't tire of my company."

He stepped out continueing forward making his strides smaller than he usually would at his traveling pace so as to break a better path for her to follow. He knew the cold was only temporary and that as soon as they reached shelter it wouldn't be long before they both were toasty warm again but that bitter wind sure did cut through one making you feel almost as though you'd never be warm again. As he traveled the last bit of ground up to the cliff wall that the cave opening was in he repeatedly glanced behind to be sure that the scarlet mare was still managing alright in the snow. "It's just in here!" He called over his shoulder as he ducked his antlers into the opening that would give them shelter.

After the initial opening the entrance curved sharply to the left where it opened up into a cozy little cave that was just big enough for the pair of them to share it comfortably. Not too far from the entrance was a little bitty pile of coals in what looked to be a regular fire spot. While small it kept the cave at a comfortable temperature. In the back corner was a pile of woven mats of some sort of praerie grass and a few roughly woven blankets. Eldrin stopped near the fire and dropped his foraging finds unceremoniously in pile on top of similar things. He began to absently sort through what was there to allow her time to take in the shelter and make herself comfortable. "I have enough bedding that we should be able to split it and still be comfortable. I have a friend who is particularly talented at weaving things and she wanted to be sure I didn't freeze to death up here." He commented with a chuckle.

HoneyTeaTree

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:20 am
Flidais watched the stallion with curiosity as he approached her. She certainly hadn't been expecting the offer of shelter and here he was, surprising her once more as he offered her his capelet. The cerynei ducked her form to make it easier for him to bestow the shawl upon her cold figure. Such kindness... While she was certainly the type to withhold judgement of ones character till she felt she had seen around enough corners and worked her way around enough masks, Flidais couldn't help but find this particular stallion as a character with a particularly warm heart. He reminded her of the summer days, when there was just enough of a breeze to keep the heat of the sun at bay; days when taking a nap in the sun seemed like the best course of action. If Eldrin were a color, the mare felt that he would be a warm, shining gold, much like the honey that filled beehives. Honey was a soothing, rich color, and the stallion seemed to have a presence that made her already feel warmer by reminding her of the warmer weather.

A smile spread across her features and she simply followed after him. "I don't think I could tire of your presence. Especially after you've been so kind to me." She was careful to follow the path that Eldrin made for her, staying close to him as he tread through the piling snow. Hopefully the winter spirits would calm and the snow would eventually stop coming down as heavily as it was. Flidais could only hope that they wouldn't get snowed in at this rate.

Once the pair reached his shelter, Flidais hummed as she walked through the twisting entrance, eyeing the walls and curve of the cave floor. It was quite a quaint spot with nice protection from the elements, which she was sure was important in this frigid climate. She stood near the caves entrance as she looked about the area, taking in how the stallion had claimed it as his own personal space. The fire pit, though small, was already working wonders on warming her chilled bones, and drew her closer to its emanating warmth. He appeared to be well stocked in food and other such supplies and Flidais couldn't help but wonder where he had managed to find resources when there was such a thick layer of snow covering the ground. She withheld her words as she watched him move about and organize what he had had brought back with him, her eyes flitting over to the bedding in question, and she gave a nod of her head in acknowledgement.

"Please, let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you while I stay here with you. I am incredibly grateful that you've offered me so much already. It would be unacceptable if I did nothing to aid you." Again, the mare her bowed her head to him as she spoke. It was true that Flidais would be unable to sit idly by while he gave her what she needed to stay the night with him in his shelter. Perhaps it was because she was so used to fending for herself and working for her own things that she found it so odd to have everything handed to her, and found that is made her as equally uncomfortable taking Eldrin's own supplies without offering her own help.

The scarlet cerynei moved to rest next to the fire, her haunches curling up beneath her slender frame. She gave Eldrin an inviting gaze, her words spoken softly. "I'd love to hear any of your tales. You said you saved that mare... Kally, yes?"

StrawberryRoseTea

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:29 pm
User ImageEldrin finished up sorting the various dried berries, roots and bark strips into their piles being sure each was arranged with the oldest of his finds on top so that it all remained relatively fresh as it was consumed. He mumbled a few words of gratitude under his breath for the little forest friends he had made the previously year who had so graciously shown and taught him where hidden food could be found in the inhospitable mountain winters. Even though he knew they couldn't hear him it still felt right to express his gratitude that he always seemed to have enough to share when situations called for it.

He watched her from the corner of his eye as she took in his little getaway home and felt a touch of pride as he watched her settle in and make herself comfortable. Though she had been unprepared for the elements up here she struck him as someone who could take care of herself and be comfortable anywhere. As she made her offer of assistance he gave her both of his eyes in respect and smiled. It seemed her morals were as strong as his own and he made a mental note to himself to explore her talents and knowledge to make sure there was indeed some way for her to help. Being used to being independent and self sufficient as he was it might take some doing but he'd be sure to figure something out.

"If there is anything I need I won't hesitate to ask." He assured her sincerely. He sensed that she was extremely capable and thought of how he had felt when he was in a similar situation back when he had taken his tumble down the cliff and found himself in another's care. It was always nice to be able to give back. On that thought he stirred the coal bed with a nearby stick held in his mouth before tossing anothe piece of fuel on it. He had to be careful about how much he fed his little fire or else it could make his little cave overwhelming warm. It really was a very nice spot if he did say so himself.

Satisfied that all was as it should be he settled down near the now cheerfully cracking fire. He put himself so that he was facing her and could meet her eyes as they talked.
"Ah yes, Kally." He began, smiling at her with pleasure that she had remembered his friend's name.

"Kasandra Lynn. I didn't so much save her as was just a stepping stone on her journey to save herself." His voices dropped a bit in tone becoming a bit rhythmic and intimate as he fell into story telling mode. "It was an evening quite like this one when I found this cave. I knew a storm was coming so I stockpiled some food and started my little fire with a trick I learned from an old medicine stallion that I met down in the more tropical climate." He knew that outside the sun was going down as he felt the warmth of the cave draw in and add atmosphere to his story. "I was sleeping fitfully, disturbed by the storm, when a ragged bony figure stumbled into my cave. At first I thought that maybe the legends of the lost ones that wander in storms devouring those they found were true and wondered if maybe I was about to meet my end." He paused for effect and the fire popped in perfect timing for drama. He had to stifle a chuckle at the perfectness of the timeing. "But then the figure collapsed, shaking me from my momentary anxiety."

"Concerned now I rose from my spot and went to investigate. What I found, much to my surprise and dismay, was a malnourished young mare." He stared deeply into Flidais' eyes, using his own to express exactly what a pitiful state Kally had been in. "For several days she drifted in and out of consciousness and I very carefully tried to get some nutrition into her. Sometimes her body would accept it other times it would not. The first time she fully regained her wits and control she stood and informed me that she was leaving back out into the storm. The mare was a survivor and not one to accept help lightly. There was also a haunted look in her eyes that told stories of running from something.

"Luckily I was able to convince her to stay until she was stronger, even offering to help her find her way out of the mountains. She of course declined my offer, I think she wanted to prove to herself that she was still her own person and still capable. We stayed here ping together until the first hint of spring melt. Then she was off. I advised she seek out my medicine stallion friend,as she talked of heading somewhere warm. I don't know if she ever did but someday I'll wander down in that direction and mabye find out." He smiled at he thought of perhaps finding Kally happy, healthy and thriving. " While she was here she was extremely private but I did eventually manage to get her story out of her.

" It happened that as a young foal her family was traveling through this area when they stumbled to close to the home of a cruel Kalona herd. Seeing the young strong filly they kidnapped her and raised her to be their servant. Barely caring for her enough to keep her alive and able to do the hard tasks they gave her. But despite that she seems to have maintained a wonderfully sweet attitude toward life." He nodded his head to himself.
"She's a good inspiration." He concluded his story.

"So what brings you out here, if I may ask?" He inquired truly curious, leaving unspoken his concern about her not having prepared properly. He also didn't want to dominate the conversation. He was genuinely interested in anything she had to say.

HoneyTeaTree

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:26 pm
She gave a nod of acknowledgement to Eldrin's words, a gentle, patient smile resting on her face as she watched him move about his tasks. The mare was glad he wouldn't hesitate to ask for her help should he need it. If there was anything she could do to help the stallion that had come to her aid in her time of need, Flidais wouldn't hesitate. Her emerald eyes followed him as he moved to stoke the fire and keep the heat going. Her slender form shifted as she let the warm air hit her still chilled frame, her eyes closing in blissful relaxation. Yes, there was nothing quite like a warm fire to keep the winter chill from settling into one's bones.

Flidais' expression lit up as he finally settled down, her ears perking forward so she could catch every detail of his tale. She loved to hear others' stories, she felt it created a means of connecting and forming a deeper relationship with the person who offered her a small portion of their lives. Flidais loved to know how the spirits had guided their creatures, how those who walked the earth had lived their lives so differently from her own path had so much teach her and she the same for them. There was always the opportunity for a lesson, either from nature itself, or the many others who walked among the world with her. The scarlet mare was always eager to hear a tale.

She leaned in eagerly, rapt in attention as Eldrin told the story of Kasandra Lynn. Flidais could hardly helped the doe-eyed expression on her face as she was struck with awe, letting the dramatic atmosphere around her draw her into the story even further. As the fire popped, she couldn't help but jump, hardly expecting the sound in the midst of his story. The cerynei couldn't help but laugh at her own silliness. Eldrin was a wonderful storyteller, she noted briefly in the back of her mind. When he was done, she would be sure to give her thanks for the shelter and the wonderful story once more.

"It sounds like she was quite fortunate to have happened upon you, just as I you. You are an incredibly kind soul, taking care of those who need your help without asking for much in return... It's incredibly admirable. I'm sure your meeting with her was destined." Flidais ducked her head out of respect, lifting her head as he posed his own question to her, and she paused thoughtfully to gather her own story.

"I come from further south, not terribly so, but my home is among the coniferous forests. I live my life guided by the spirits of the earth and nature, listening to their lessons and letting them guide me along the path they have picked for me. Typically, I do not wander terribly far outside my forest unless I require herbs and ingredients for salves that are unavailable to me, but the spirits seemed to be telling me to travel north in their own, mysterious way.

"I, unfortunately, did not expect the winter to have set in here as harshly as it had. I was not... sure of what to expect here, and my usual attire has suited me quite well thus far, so I had hoped that I would be able to go on my journey. I had no fear that I would come to some unfortunate end, even here I hear the spirits' whispers," she murmured, her gaze soft as she watched the ember flames dance gracefully before her. Her voice had it's typical peaceful lull to it, Flidais had never been one to stray away from such a soothing tone, she felt that anything else just... didn't fit her.

"And it seems like perhaps the reason the spirits had guided me through the snowy mountains was to meet you along the way. I am quite fortunate to have been found by you, and I am sure there is greater meaning to meeting as well that has yet to present itself." She offered the great antlered stallion and easy smile. Flidais was no stranger to others finding her beliefs odd, if not something to scorn or outright rebuke, and she knew to simply allow the questions to come as they did; there were usually so many that others had for her.

StrawberryRoseTea
Sorry for making you wait so long! > x <; the semester picked back up for me, so it's been taking away some of my free time. Hopefully this post makes up for it.

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:09 pm
User ImageAs Eldrin wove Kally's story he carefully watched Flidais so as not to miss a single one of her reactions. The firelight dancing over her face had him nearly as enraptured in her as she was in his story. When she had been startled by the fire and was able to make light of her reaction it had nearly made him lose the thread of the story, as he wanted to chuckle with her at how they were enjoying the atmosphere. She was the perfect audience and he felt obligated to continue his telling if solely for the pleasure of watching her enjoy it.

When the story had come to an end and she spoke those words of respect to him he almost gave her a demure response but was stopped short when something about the way she spoke of destined meetings stopped him. He had quickly recovered to ask the questions about her instead and waited patiently and raptly while he watched her face as she gathered her answers. He was always fascinated to hear the stories of others, especially with such a large portion of his own missing.

He nodded, smiling, as she talked of her forest home. He had been through places like it on his wanderings. The way she spoke of it with love put a pang of loneliness in his chest, a longing for a permanent home that he knew his restlessness would never let him have. He squashed the feeling and continued to listen intently to her as she spoke of spirits and being guided by them.

The concept being put so blatantly was foreign to him but as he continued to listen to her, and did a little thinking on the subject himself, it didn't seem that implausible. However the idea of following something so esoteric into something so dangerous as a mountain winter still made him nervous. On the other hoof, did he himself not do something similar and far less sensible in picking a direction and wandering where the trails took him?

He gave his head a minuscule shake to clear it and followed her gaze to the fire as she spoke of me of hearing her spirits even now. As he stared with her into the embers, seeing the light dancing mystically in her eyes from the corner of his own he felt that he could almost hear the whispers she spoke of. It entranced him and he listened to the rest of her story caught in the spell woven by her soft voice and the entrancing flame. He looked up to meet her gaze and returned her smile with a genuine smile of his own.

"Greater meaning of meeting. . . Guided by the spirits of earth and nature... " He murmured to himself mulling the ideas over as he arranged his thoughts and questions for her. Hoping that he could convey his honest interest without making an a** of himself. He decided to start with something he had a better grasp on, "Herbs and ingredients for salves? Are you a healer for those near your home?" , despite himself he tacked on, "Do your spirits aid you in healing?"

He shook his head at himself and gave a little laugh. "I apologize. I've never heard anything of spirits or guides before." At least not that he could remember he added silently to himself. "Would you tell me more? Do they constantly guide your life or just important things, such as destined meetings. " He smiled at her conveying that he didn't think it was necessarily a bad thing to be guided into such. "Can others be guided without being known? How does one learn to hear the spirits, or is it inborn?" He firmly closed his mouth after that as he realized he was bombarding her with questions. Still, he was unconsciously leaning in toward her, intent on catching any information she might be willing to give him on the matter. He was a little confused at why it mattered to him so much, nothing had caught his attention so thoroughly before.

WC: 679

HoneyTeaTree
No worries! I Understand the whole time thing all too well. Sorry it takes me so long to respond sometimes too X3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:37 pm
Eldrin was wonderful company, she noted in the back of her mind. He was hospitable, entertaining, and she appreciated the interest he showed in her rather eclectic beliefs. Not many sat through her stories of spirits and her tales of travel due to the call of nature. It was always pleasant to meet someone who didn't mind her own idiosyncrasies.

She watched the wisps of flame as they danced in the air, contained by stone and wood, as she told her tale. She couldn't help but bask in the heat that it put out, though her thawed bones were hardly in need of warming at this point. The heat and the addition of Eldrin's shawl had warmed her quickly but she could never resist the relaxing call of a campfire. If she could, she would love to lay next to one all day. Alas, that was just an impractical thought.

Flidais allowed Eldrin to his thoughts. The stallion surely needed time to process everything she had told him. It was normal. Whenever she tried to explain her spiritual beliefs, many scoffed at her, but there were always the few that did their best to understand her and she was more than happy to explain a concept more than twice if they needed her to. To see others putting so much effort in to understand someone unlike them... it warmed her heart and always lifted her spirits.

Her emerald eyes lifted to his face and she gave a curt nod of her head, curls bouncing with the movement. "Yes, I do. I go out looking for ingredients quite frequently and I always end up finding new ingredients in my travels. Though I may not stay in one place for very long, my brief trips often lead me to new locations abundant in materials for salves and potions." Her voice came gently, and a light laugh curled the end of her words as she caught the last question. "No. The spirits are fickle and offer their aid only when they wish to. I heal with my own talents, and that's something I pride myself on.

"It wouldn't do me much good as healer if I relied on the spirits to help me," she added with a laugh.

"No, no, I enjoy questions," came her warm response, "It means you are truly thinking about my words, and I appreciate it." She enjoyed teaching others, whether it was healing or even just sharing her view of spirits. Flidais loved to witness the "A-hah!" moment that so many had as whatever it was they were learning finally clicked with them. Though the questions Eldrin posed were more philosophical than she had anticipated, she took them in stride. "I believe so. The world works in mysterious ways, and fates tangle and entwine without us knowing. I believe that the spirits touch all life, even those that are unaware of their existence or choose to ignore them. Hearing them takes time, and some may never hear them. For some, they hear the spirits' whispers as gut instinct, others hear their voices on the breeze. I don't know if the talent is inborn, but you can learn to hear them if you just stop and listen," she replied carefully.

"We all have such busy lives now that I think many forget about our connection with nature.... If we all just stopped for a moment and listened to the stories of the trees, the whisper on the wind, even those who might have never thought of the spirits existing." Flidais hummed thoughtfully, tilting her head as she thought. Spiritual and philosophical subjects were often difficult to fully comprehend, even for her, and she didn't wish to overwhelm Eldrin with her own thoughts on the matter.

StrawberryRoseTea

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:07 am
Eldrin listened intently as Flidais answered each of the questions he had posed to her. His eyes never left her as she patiently explained her beliefs to him. He nodded to her in respectful acknowledgment that she did all of her healing on her own. He was briefly curious if she would be willing to share any tidbits that could help with unforeseen circumstances in the future. He tucked the thought away for later consideration. He was still fascinated by the subject of guiding spirits.

While she spoke he soaked up every word. He also couldn't help but notice the way she seemed to almost glow as she spoke passionately about her beliefs. He considered that it could have been just the firelight but that didn't seem quite to fit. That little realization made him wonder if perhaps that little nudge to believe something other than what was most logical was the beginning of awareness of spirits. Or perhaps it really could have been just the spell woven by close quarters and firelight.

"Stories of trees . . . Whispers on the wind . . ." He repeated her words quietly to himself. There was something just on the edge of his consciousness that was silently insisting to be be noticed. Remembered. He stared into her eyes, watching the shadows and light catch. Then it finally clicked. All his wandering alone. Seeking storms and high places. " I think," he began slowly, " I understand." He smiled. "I may have even been hearing your . . . The" he corrected, "spirits without even realizing it. Or having a name for it at least." Encouraged by his discovery he continued. "You're right about so many having a disconnect with nature. I often receive odd looks or remarks about some of my habits. I never really understood why someone wouldn't want to spend quiet time alone. With trees. With storms."

He quieted himself back down. It was something for him to ponder more on his own time. The wonderful mare keeping him company should be where his thoughts were. He gave her a slightly embarrassed smile and decided to try a change of subject.
"Are you planning on staying in the mountains long? Feel free to take advantage of my little cave for as long as you need. When you do decide to head back to lower country I could accompany you if you wish." He reached his muzzle over to move another piece of wood into the fire. "Wouldn't want you to freeze on the way home after surviving this storm." He tacked on impishly.

HoneyTeaTree

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:48 pm
The mare watched Eldrin with a twinkle in her eyes, a gentle, understanding smile spread on the comforting features of her face. It was always a wonderful moment when she was able to see how her words were understood. There were, of course, many who balked and rejected her wisdom laced stories and the general premise of her spirituality. The idea of spirits roaming the world was not unheard of, in fact many of the Soquili she had crossed paths with believed in some sort of spirit watching over them, but Flidais' teachings were often viewed as overreaching or reading too far into the natural habits of the world around her. Flidais was used to seeing others stonewall her ideals, and she had seen it happen a multitude of ways, verbally or nonverbally, those that tried to spare her feelings and those that allowed their true feelings to her ideas be known, and that was fine. She understood why it happened and judged no one for their response; her view of the world and her way of explaining the phenomena of everyday life was one of many.

It was rare, however, to see someone grasp her beliefs and seemingly understand them as quickly as Eldrin had.

Flidais tilted her head, ears flickering to catch his words and listen to him all the more intently. It seemed the stallion had had his own encounters with the spirits... how fascinating. It was more certain to her now than it had been just moments before, that her and the stallion's meeting with one another must have been fated. Perhaps he truly was the reason she had felt the spirits pull her towards the mountains... It seemed to be the most likely option as their time together continued. "Perhaps one day others will be able to rekindle their connection with nature, but until then I will simply follow the pull of the spirits and happily teach those I cross paths with of my beliefs. They have offered me great comfort in times of great strife."

A soft hum escaped the scarlet mare, her emerald eyes dancing with the reflection of the firelight, an aura of thoughtfulness hanging in the air about her. "To be honest, I often do not leave a place until the spirits call for me. I can stay in a place for as briefly as a few nights or for as long as several seasons..." Flidais' slender figure shifted as she basked in the warmth of the fire, an appreciative look on her face as he added to the gentle blaze, though she couldn't help but huff a laugh at his teasing.

"I must admit, I often do not think to prepare myself for my journeys, though that is perhaps because I do not know where I will end up. If you wished to join me back down the mountain I would not object to the pleasure of your company." Flidais shifted her weight to get more comfortable on her small resting area. "Your hospitality and presence has been deeply appreciated and rewarding. I don't know how I would be able to repay you for your generosity."

StrawberryRoseTea

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:31 am
User ImageEldrin nodded along with the mares profession to teach those who seemed in need of her beliefs.
"I agree with you. Many could benefit with a re-connection through nature. Especially with such a lovely teacher as you." He didn't even pause in his compliment of her, stating it as if it were merely fact. "I myself am grateful for your beliefs and willingness to share." He smiled at her. "I feel as though I finally understand the voice that has been echoing in my ears for some time. At least to enough of a degree to realize it is truly there and not merely some figment of guilt or imagination." He closed his eyes and shook his head a bit, his antlers throwing dancing shadows on the cave walls. "Not that I know anything that I should be guilty of." a bit of confusion colored his voice before he shook it off.

Her hum drew him to open his eyes and focus on her own, instantly mesmerizing him. He could have sworn he saw images dancing in the firelight reflected in her eyes. Things that represented the full range of anything any being could possibly experience in a single existence. Emotions. Failures. Triumphs. He rationalized that perhaps the storm and firelight could have been affecting him. That, along with the talk of spirituality. He hoped that he wasn't seeing things solely from the desperation of having something to cling to in his otherwise barren life and spirituality. But no! He himself had experienced much of which she spoke of even if he had been to self absorbed to listen to the whispers of the world around him. They were truly there. He was sure.

"I understand that." He commented on the mare's explanation of her wanderlust in response to his question. "Following spirits myself, or not, I always know when it is time to move on." He tried to lighten his own spirits with a smile at her. When she responded lightheartedly to his teasing he felt the heaviness of his own musing lift, leaving him to continue verbally dancing with her lightheartedly.

"I think you prepared just enough for your journey. Had you been any more or less prepared I wouldn't have had the pleasure of your company tonight." He couldn't help but stare as she continuously adjusted on the hard packed floor. " Do you need a mat?" he asked abruptly. Anything he could do to provide her comfort would please him at that moment. She had done something helpful to him. When she continued on speaking of not objecting to his company once she left the mountain he felt a lightness take root in his chest. Yes. This seemed right. Was this the spirits? He chuckled once again to himself. It seemed that once they had been mentioned they were everywhere if one sought them. Maybe. He would learn, now that he was aware, what was and wasn't his own beliefs/fears etc.

She spoke of repaying his generousness and he couldn't help but blush a little. It was second nature to him to help those in need or keep company with those that needed it. He hoped the firelight hid his reaction.
"I need no repayment other than what you've already taught me, opened my mind to." A thought suddenly struck him. This time he tried not to analyze it as being spirit sent or not. He tried to follow it naturally.
"Unless, " he paused, the thought bittersweet, " you would be willing to someday meet my daughter and share with her the wisdom you have shared with me." He gave a strangled laugh, " She obviously takes more after me than her mother. She wanders without really much of a direction. She is the joy of my heart but I would like to see better for her than my own directionless lifestyle being reflected in her." A true smile came over his lips and he seemed truly lighthearted. "Not that she's unhappy. I just have a feeling she could benefit from your teaching. As have I."

"But yes," he continued, smoothly switching subjects, "As long as you would have me I will stay by your side." He smiled quirky little smile, like a schoolchild first using recently learned knowledge. "Unless the spirits pull either of us away." A thought struck him. "If you would like, once the storm breaks I could teach you what I know of mountain survival. Though it's not much beyond finding a cave and making friends with the locals." he laughed at himself. "Do you know how to make fire? I only learned just before coming here for the first time. I wasn't very good at it until my life depended on it. If it turns out you know better ways than I, I am more than willing to learn,"

While Eldrin continued to try to keep up a conversation with the mare he felt his eyes grow heavy. Between the hypnotism of the firelight and the comfort of his company it was hard for him to keep awake. Add to that his day of gathering in the cold and it became a struggle, as the warmth and comfort enveloped him, to stay awake. He didn't want to disrespect the mare, or miss anything she had to say so he fixed his eyes on hers and clung to awareness.

HoneyTeaTree

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces