iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:30 am
Algernon sat again in the bookstore in other ashdown, in front of what was usually a supply closet on the other side but on this side was home to some living shadows that he had a habit of sitting and speaking with.

He'd seemed to have reached a wall with his working with them, yes he could talk to them, yes they seemed to respond, and making dark light now was easier than ever... but nothing more.

He hadn't seen Gloom in a while and wondered, if he thought of him, the other may find him to help.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:13 pm
It was not so much as thinking about Gloom as it was genuinely wanting to see him that could bring him around. The shadows of the supply closet seemed to pull together into a tight ball, coalescing for the span of a few heartbeats, before they dispersed outward once more.

... and Gloom came tumbling out in a ball that rolled and flopped against Algie's shoes.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:34 pm
Alg jumped a bit, he'd leaned when the shadows seemed to tighten in and having the pine marten seemingly spat back out at him was a mild shock.

"Gloom!" Once over the surprise he reached down and tried to pick the shadow creature up. "I was just thinking about you." Obviously but it was still nice for someone to hear.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:20 pm
Gloom ended up oozing into kind of a pancake when he was picked up by Algernon. It was a stretch, really, but as he was shadows it was ultimately oozy.

"Gloom hasn't seen the professor in a while and then Gloom thought y'might want to see him ..." he rolled over in Algie's arms, a slight n** given to the tip of a finger. It was the friendly kind.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:12 am
"I did want to see you," He wriggled the nipped finger and gathered the shadow pancake carefully in his arms. "We haven't met in a while."

He wanted to keep up their lessons perhaps, but more importantly he cared about Gloom and wondered if things had changed with him since the world had gone through some shifts.

"Everything okay with you?" His brow furrowed, "Anything... different?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:13 pm
Gloom was content to be a pancake, though he took a more solid form and rolled about in Algernon's arms still. He paused on his back, one eye closed and the other watching the man. It was an oddly human gesture for a creature made of shadows.

"Y'a good friend, Professor," he replied, "especially for checking on Gloom but Gloom is okay. It was only the other side that changed, not this one. Things are in different places and not where Gloom left them."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:47 am
Gloom got pancake stomach scritches while he remained on his back.

"I hope the basement of my store is still alright. Find any good books?" New books of course were common in the new world.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:46 pm
"The basement is okay, Gloom keeps an eye on the books." There was wriggling as his stomach was scratched. "Found a book about, um, science! Kingdom, phylus! That stuff."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:31 pm
"Oh!" Alg was pleasantly surprised, "Well good. Brilliant! You've got the letters down just fine then, hm?"

Scritching turned to belly rubs and then Algie finally slowed. He'd probably sit and pet all day given the option.

"I'm afraid I've not done as well as you with my shadow talking.." Dark light was easy now of course, but anything else he simply wasn't sure what they could do or what he could ask for. "Though I think they talk back sometimes."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:14 pm
Gloom ended up rolling over once the scritches and rubs slowed. He stretched and then moved to lay across Algie's shoulders. "Gloom has done just fine with letters. Been reading books." There was a shifty-sounded chitter before he admitted. "... some picture books with words too."

His nose was then pressed to Algie's cheek briefly before he looked to the closet and the shadows. "Y'heard them talk back to ya? What do y'talk about?"

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:14 am
"Comics?" Alg sounded a little bemused. His previous stances against most comics have seemed to have ebbed. Perhaps his predecessor in Ashdown who had been friends with Cid had absorbed slightly into him. Was that a thing?

Alg turned his face lightly against Gloom's nose and tilted his head, "I'm not sure. I don't understand them much. I feel like they are reacting to me and talking to me but I can't make it out. And I still haven't gotten any further then them helping me with the dark light."

But they did reach for him now, almost affectionate, but he knew better than to assume such a thing. It may be dangerous to be too comfortable. His hand had disappeared to the elbow at least once from the shadows reaching out for him but never anything more.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:46 am
Maybe it was! Or Cid's behavior in this reality was more palpable than he had been before. Having a kid could do that.

Gloom made a noise, something thoughtful. "Do they try and reach for ya? Y'hear the whispers but do they do anything else?"

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:21 am
"They do reach for me..." Alg held his hand out to the shadows in front of him and they reacted, shifted and tendrils seemed to curled around his fingers as he moved them gently.

"I went up to the elbow once but then I wasn't sure I should.." Perhaps a lack of trust could be senses but having living darkness try to suck you in wasn't guaranteed safety.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:08 pm
Gloom was leaning towards the shadows as they reached for Algernon, a soft inquisitive chitter escaping him. The shadows diverted, no longer curled towards the man's fingers but caressing Gloom's.

"Y'smart not to but ..." His head swiveled, looking to Algernon. "They just want to show y'something. Since y'been talking with them so much."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:29 am
"Oh." Alg blinked at the idea that they wanted to show him anything.

"Well.. is there some way I can understand them better? I'm certainly willing to see what they want to show me.." His hand retracted when they pulled towards Gloom instead.

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces