[PRP] Worth the Hepatitis [Ollie/Cass/Street Tacos] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:10 pm
Sometimes you had to take a little risk for good food. Especially at lunch. $1 street tacos were amazing and Cass had been feeling a need for them. A little cart that always popped up on the same corner, she could recognize certain faces there every now and then.

And since they were still going, she had to assume they hadn't gotten some weird disease from it yet. She hadn't yet, at least.

Cass placed her order, handed over some cash, and then found a spot by the drink cooler to wait for her delicious, delicious tacos. Mmmmmmm, tacos.

Melancholies
Tacos.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:50 pm
    Oliver had beaten her to it, but he had been lingering around outside of eye-sight. It was a hard battle for Ollie really; does he turn to cheap food because he was a cheapskate? Or did he try to eat something that was relatively healthy for him because he loved his body and wanted to take care of it? Well, unfortunately...

His name was called and he trotted back over to the front, a little too happy about grabbing his handful of cheap-a** grub. The next step was finding a private place to shovel it into his mouth. Consequently, Cassandra Youttz was prowling around and he'd made eye contact and oh for ******** sake.

"You know," He started to say, feeling the grease saturate through the paper wrappings onto his hands, "It's kinda weird that we keep meeting over food like this."

demon_pachabel
sorry for the delay qq

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:40 pm
Trash-loving people flock together.

She'd perked up only slightly at the familiar name, not too expectant to see an Oliver she knew when people were capable of having the same name, just in time to make eye contact with the boy. He didn't seem too excited to see her.

"To be fair, the last time wasn't over food." she said, idly turning the cold can of soda in her hands over. Opening it would probably be a horrible idea. "Plus I can't turn down good tacos." Worst case scenario she'd end up in the hospital, right? Cass had shot a smile teasingly just as her name was called, moving over to the gentleman at the cart to take her own share (a whole 5) of delicious cart-meats.

After being practically invited to bother him, Cass returned with her bounty. "You make rounds through the carts, or do you just like a few in particular?" she inquired. She'd seen one that boasted Korean Barbecue of all things. She was very curious.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:10 am
    "Me? I never used to touch these things." He admitted, "Only in moments of desperation. It's cheap, but it's also..." He looked to his hand and how shiny his skin looked. Greasy. "I'm fairly certain these are the sort of places you want to go if you need an excuse to call off work the following day. Or school. It's like a haven for god knows what."

He took a very deliberate bite of the taco after that.

"Anyway, my standards have fallen considerably in the past two months." He chewed slowly. He swallowed, "But I've been here a few times. Haven't died yet."

demon_pachabel

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:53 am
"Awww, but as long as you don't end up in a bathroom for half a day, you should be fine." Cass said, seeming to not mind the grease as she took a bite out of her first taco. "I figure the places you see around for the longest stay that way for a reason. Mostly because 1) if they moved because they got caught making people sick, I wouldn't see them as much and 2) if the same people show up too much, they obviously aren't puking their guts out after." It was somewhat solid logic.

It didn't take into account that some people had stomachs made of iron. Like herself.

"I can't say my standards were all that high to begin with." partially a lie, but that was a long period of time to gauge by. "Better stuff than you'll get at like Taco Bell or whatever, though."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:28 pm
    "...that's pretty fair, actually." Oliver had to admit the logic was pretty staunch. "Either way, it is better than any fast food varieties." Though Oliver couldn't say he was tempted by those goddamn dorito shell tacos. Those sounded absolutely divine to a starving raccoon-man scavenger.

There were a few park style benches that populated the sidewalk, most taken with other patrons enjoying their greased out foods, others remained empty but littered with garbage. Thankfully, Oliver was now a garbage kind of guy, and he didn't have many qualms about tidying one up for a place to sit. It was only wrappers, c'mon guys. He cleared a place for a second person to sit, though he didn't directly invite Cass along with him.

"Do you know any other good ones?" He asked idly, "I mean, street carts." Smooth.

demon_pachabel

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:53 pm
If she'd known his secret inner desires, she probably would have introduced him to the most novel of concepts: Pulled pork nachos made with Nacho Cheese Doritos (though Cool Ranch was acceptable). She'd watched someone do that at a barbecue she'd invited herself to once. It had been amazing.

While not explicitly invited, the implication had been clear enough that Cass sat right down before there would have been a chance to really invite her to do so anyways. She'd been near worse trash (the wrappers, not Ollie. Ollie wasn't trash). "Well, there's the one about two blocks down and around the corner by the gas station, another on main street, one in one of those actual trucks that change locations everyday and you don't know where they'll be unless you actually have a Facebook," she...she couldn't have a Facebook. She just longingly checked their social media while it begged her to join them in their thrall.

"It's a big black truck. Says 'TACOS' on the side. Always has a line. But they actually accept cards and not just cash so that's probably why." that and their salsa was so good. "If you don't just want Tacos, I can also tell you where to find the waffle truck, the chicken truck, the Korean Barbecue truck, and the pizza oven truck."

Cass...Cass really liked food.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:50 am
    Ollie looked absolutely intrigued, "There's a waffle truck? Portable... waffles?" His eyes were wide like saucers. Dinner plates, one might say. "Oh my god..." Suddenly he wanted to visit this wonderful nirvana of portable food trucks, get the waffles, get the chicken, consume them both at once. Chicken and waffles, oh god.

He was really starting to turn into a hog, fantasizing about food while scarfing down tacos. How far the king had fallen.

"That sounds divine." He said instead, hastily, like he was trying to atone for his thoughts. He licked some of the oily grease off of his fingertip without thinking about it. "I suppose there's been a multitude of things in life that I've been missing out on..." Maybe because he was a pretentious p***k, among other things. He gave his half eaten taco a woeful look.

demon_pachabel

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:25 pm
Oh ho, it seemed she'd found a food weakness. Cass smiled knowingly before shoving a taco in her mouth as Oliver went through his mental fantasia about chicken and waffles. Personally she'd be found at the Korean BBQ truck because oh lord, it was so good.

"Yeah, if you'd like I can always take you to the Food Truck Roundup sometime. Every Thursday afternoon not too far from the college, actually." He'd learn about all sorts of food trucks. She'd barely scratched the surface of them. "Great place to go with you and all your friends are indecisive but want to eat dinner or lunch together or something."

Or because you wanted a delicious waffle with chicken.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:29 pm
    "Really?" His eyes lit up in a very uncharacteristic display of, what, excitement? And then it was immediately squashed, crushed down like the sole of a boot on a bug. "I mean, it seems like it would be... educational? I guess. I've never had Korean BBQ or anything like that." He looked at the taco, "Also, it all seems very cheap. Economical..."

Stop being a nerd, Oliver.

"That actually sounds like a smart solution though. Not that—" He stopped. "Not that... I ever run into that sort of problem, I guess." Elliot usually was okay with eating whatever, even if he was a snob who talked about white-wine-reduction-steak-weird fancy-Food-Network bullshit. What he was trying to say was: Oliver Beaumont didn't have many friends, and especially not many that he was interested in taking out to lunch or dinner.

demon_pachabel

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:02 pm
There it was - the same love of food that she had. "It'd be fun. Experimental, at the least." she confirmed. He sort of started fumbling his words. She wasn't sure what it was he was trying to say, but she shrugged lightly.

"Consider it somewhere to go when you don't know what you want. You'll eventually find something. I'll take you sometime. Hell, if Eli is up for it I'll treat both of you." She was the big ol' grownup there (yeah, not really) and she'd be good for it.

Besides, she owed Eli for Footloose and Mac n Cheese.

"Up to you. I won't for you along if you think that's weird."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:25 pm
    Oliver had honestly forgotten Cass knew Eli, but she'd obviously been the one to return his wallet, so like, duh Beaumont. "That sounds... fun. Maybe." What exactly was fun anyway? Oliver was kind of bad at it, he thought, at least because his notions of fun didn't match up with many others.

"I don't think it'd be that weird." It wasn't weird to hang out with coworkers and his roommate, right? So...

demon_pachabel

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:46 pm
"Then I'll consider it a date. Food Truck Roundup adventure." Officially slated somewhere in her schedule. Feed the people - again, in the case of Oliver. Cass really did her best to not make lo mein jokes at his expense, though. She thought them really hard, however.

Cass had to think through her schedule when it came to Thursdays (mostly because they and Fridays sometimes had plans with certain people named Marcus), tapping her chin lightly. "I could probably do next Thursday, but we can also plan for any other Thursday if that's too soon." plus she was practically roping Eli into plans without actually getting permission first.

Oops.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:11 pm
    "That's fine." He said with no fanfare at all. Instead he plucked his phone out of his pocket. Elliot hadn't agreed yet, but that was fine, he was a social butterfly so Oliver knew he would.

saedusk
    text to: Jelliot
    We're going out with one of our compatriots next Thursday.
    I'll tell you more about it tonight.

With that taken care of, he went back to finishing his delicious lunch. "I'm actually..." Kind of excited? Oliver, you nerd. "Looking forward to it." He offered a tiny, tired smile.

demon_pachabel

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:14 pm
Cass performed an 'Allllriiighhhttt' sort of fistpump with enough enthusiasm to nearly knock her empty plate right out of her lap. She'd at least splattered some of the grease onto her skirt, which she corrected with a napkin and not too much concern as Oliver sent the text.

"Excellent. Should we agree on a place and time or do you want my number and you can text me when it's convenient and maybe have had a chance to make sure your roommate is still chill with joining us?" she held up her phone and wiggled it from side to side (It dannnnncessss~) as she asked.

Melancholies

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces