iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:38 am
A calendar alert in his phone informed Algie of 'A @ gym'. Looking into it, it seemed to be a standing appointment and the last few weeks had been 'off' according to his other self. He couldn't imagine why, maybe the anniversary or spring break, but Alg really only knew one person with an A name that he could be meeting at the gym.

Alg showed up for a workout and meandered his way to the back fighting rings and heavy bags.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:47 pm
It was Aodhan, though he did look slightly different than when Algie had seen him last. His pale blonde hair was actually pulled back some, only a small portion caught in a hairtie to keep bangs out of his eyes, and he looked far more at ease at the heavy punching bags than ever.

When he caught sight of Algie was the bigger difference. The young man, who had been so reserved with his expressions, was smiling openly and waving at him. "Alg! Hi! How have you and Jeremiah been doing?"

There was a wall of photographs next to the fighting rings and heavy bags, more numerous than before.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:22 pm
It occured to him he hadn't seen Aodh since everything happened and while the other didn't look much different, he did look more comfortable.

"Aodh," The professor gave his usual small wave and smile, "Fine, fine." Which seemed like a convenient answer and it was likely they were better friends than that, "Good. Busy."

Obviously much more close to the truth.

"How're you? Looking good.." Alg's eyes drifted over the walls of photographs but he felt a bit too conscious of 'not knowing what was going on' to really give them a thorough examination.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:03 pm
The pictures were probably helpful to look at. While there had always been a few of Aodh - Sigurd had been proud of the young man even if he did not go professional - there were more than had been in the other reality. There were a couple where Algie was in them, clearly training Aodh (Jeremiah was visible in a couple, though he was watching with a smile), and another where Algie and Aodh were clearly in the center of a ring celebrating a win.

Aodh blinked a little, his head tilting at the response he had gotten. He shook his head however and reached forward to clasp the older man's hand. Though there were already wraps on his fingers, there was a band on his ring finger (that was not there before).

"Busy," he replied, grey eyes alight with amusement. Clearly teasing. "Busy and having a rough go of it, that's what everyone is saying. I'm doing fine, though. Perpetual honeymoon phase? Something like that. Aside from having to organize things into what Jaro is willing to part with and what Jaro requires bribery to part with and what Jaro will never let go of," it was a process though thankfully Aodh did not have much to merge into one household, "and taking on more orders. Oh, that reminds me, I finished up those cufflinks you wanted."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:27 pm
Well s**t. Photographic evidence led to him and Aodh having a much different relationship than he previously knew. The revelation didn't bother him besides the guilt of not knowing as much about the other as he probably should.. not to mention he apparently coached the other.

It was probably a good thing he'd been putting more effort into his fighting and fitness lately.

He smiled with the shake, noting the ring, and again surprised to hear that Aodh and Jaro were married. God he needed research on these things somehow, "Well it doesn't matter what others say, hm?"

He smiled, "I don't think Jeremiah and I have gotten out of the honeymoon phase yet.."

Cufflinks? He'd never felt more unprepared for a conversation.

"Right-" Alg blinked, "Let me know when to pick them up?" And where. And hopefully he can do more social research before then.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:16 pm
"It sometimes does when people stare at you like they aren't quite sure who you are or why you're even there ..." Aodh shook his head however, pushing away the fact that Shiloh had been weird when he had dropped off a check to him from things sold at the artisans market. He was still smiling, a more open expression than expected, and chuckled.

"Yes but I'm not surprised you two are in a perpetual honeymoon phase. Jaro is the kind that proposed marriage because it riled my parents up." He was moving towards his things on a nearby bench, picking up his water bottle to take a drink. "Whenever you'd like? If you want, we can swing by after this and grab them. I mean, I finished earlier than expected since you were wanting them for an anniversary gift."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:20 am
"You noticed that too?" Alg scratched his head, "Maybe it's something in the water. Things have been slipping my mind as well. Not that it's odd for me.." Yes, good. Go with it.

He wasn't sure if rebellious marriage was the right move but should he have grown up in a different time, when it was a bit more okay to be with the person he loved as a younger person, he could definitely have seen himself and Jeremiah saying <******** it and doing the same.

"Sounds good," Alg nodded and finally moved to put his things down. "Now it's been a couple weeks.. and my phone deleted my schedule-" He didn't know what they were working on and if Aodh was actively fighting.. if there was a match upcoming.. if this was just exercise..?

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:38 pm
Aodh was sharp, he really was, and there was something about Algie's comment that drew his gaze almost immediately. It was, however, let go.

He was also willing to just roll with it apparently, if only because of knowing the other man for several years. "Mm, Sigurd still wants me to do some exhibition matches. I think he was trying to work on you convincing me ... I really haven't done anything since I graduated." He was moving towards the things they were using, which were for practicing punches.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:15 am
"Well I'm not one to make someone put forth undo effort.." Maybe his other self was, but he wasn't that guy. Not anymore. Not that he wouldn't work with Aodh, he had been before.

"Do you want to do some matches?" Alg followed towards the pads, "There's no harm in it unless you're worried about getting hurt." As far as he could tell, Aodh's business and crafting were more of a priority than boxing.

"Sigurd has asked me to fight and that's never happening so.." He laughed, "You have to take him with a grain of salt."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:30 pm
"I do take him with a grain of salt but you know how he gets," Aodh replied, rolling his eyes a bit. "I don't mind doing some matches but I prefer to count points for blows. Nothing to the head."

Which was how he had been prior as well. Aodh had revealed that part of why he had stepped away from professional boxing was that he had taken a bad head blow in one of his last matches that had given him issues for a few weeks. He had no desire to permanently addle his brain.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:23 am
"Well you do get to dictate your own terms.." Alg nodded and picked up some arm pads. Somehow even if he didn't remember the life of his predecessor, his improvising sometimes felt like second nature anyway.

He slid his arms in them and moved into the open mat for Aodh to warm up, "Tell him what you're willing to do. He will set it up, I'm sure, and you can at least make a couple bucks out of it." Sigurd probably still thought of Aodh as a kid in his way, and all it took would be some terms to have the older fighter accommodating him.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:18 pm
"Maybe when I finish up this commission I'm working on." Aodh was following after Algie, as if nothing was different. He was double checking the tape to his fingers, not quite wanting to move to actual gloves yet.

"That way I don't have to worry about anything if something does go haywire." He was smiling a bit. "Actually making a dagger this time- which I didn't expect."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:07 am
"Dagger?" Alg adjusted his glasses with an elbow since he had the pas currently, before taking up a position for the other when he was ready.

"I would assume for a collector.." Weaponry collectors weren't that odd but not many would pay the cost for a custom made weapon.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:40 pm
"Yeah, this bloke," something he had picked up from Algie, "named Kuroda. He came into the booth at the artisans market. Which you haven't been to yet, you know ..."

Aodh rolled his shoulders, head rolling from side to side before he fell into the proper stance to start this workout session.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:30 am
"Shun?" Alg laughed a bit, "He certainly will appreciate your work I think." And he was now not surprised to hear he commissioned a dagger.

"He's one of Jeremiah's detectives.." Not Jeremiah's but. Whatever. It was easier than trying to dissect if he could refer to Shun as a friend or not. He'd like to think they were but at the same time knew only limited things about the other as a person.

"He also comes here. If you've any interest in fighting him." Alg was ready for Aodh's training, not that it would stop the talking.

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces