[PRP] It Never Fails (Preacher & Mercer) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:20 am
Preacher poked her head around, staring through where Mercer's door was ajar. "Yo, ya got a min free?" Two little chocolaty brown ears twitched. Preacher normally wore a beanie around this time, but she'd forgotten it today. Luckily, the ears were mostly covered b her immense swath of unmanageable hair.

The piece of paper was burning a hole in her pocket.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:08 pm
Jeremiah was actually in the process of finishing up a report and looked towards the door from the computer.

"I was just finishing this and heading out for the day. So," his lips twitched, "I am about to have several minutes free. Mind waiting?" Mostly due to the fact that he had been staying late some days to get things done ahead of time and enable him to leave a little earlier in the afternoon. It did have the added benefit that Preacher could leave as well sometimes.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:08 pm
"You wanna chillax here or head out first? I'll wait, I ain't minnnnd." She drew the word out. Then she proceeded to fidget a lot.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:32 pm
"Head out. Pick a place, if you like. I've seen enough of the walls today." Jeremiah gave Preacher a curious glance, her fidgeting a little odd (only because there was so much of it).

In a few minutes, as he said, he was closing up a case file and tucking it under his arm along with his work laptop. The silver-haired man moved to hold the door open for Preacher, ready to leave.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:19 pm
Preacher spent some time debating where to go. She wanted to talk about magic and, even in a town thoroughly permeated with that bullshit, it narrowed the choices. She scooted through the door and made her way out of the station.

"How's about Stracciatella?" She absolutely mangled the pronunciation. "It's pre' dead ri'now. Or Equinox - I don really care." The ******** letter, however, was burning a hole in her goddamn pocket.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:37 pm
"Well, is this going to be magic related or not? If not, Stracciatella," absolutely not mangled, "is fine. Otherwise, I would recommend Equinox or ..." Jeremiah raised an eyebrow. "We can grab something from a place and head over."

To other ashdown. So that there would not be prying ears or eyes.

"Either way, I'm parked outside." Which was where they were heading first.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:23 am
"It's magic stuff n' s**t. I jus' wanted gelato." She hopped over to his car and, once unlocked she slid in. "You choose." And, because her hair was starting to eat her head again, she redid her looped ponytail. It was only by good genetics and miracles that she didn't shed hair just everywhere.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:48 pm
... sometimes it took more than good genetics and miracles to keep hair from getting everywhere. Sometimes it was magic (just not in this case).

"Well, we can stop and get gelato and pop over. Less prying eyes," Jeremiah said getting into the car himself and starting it up. It was a mostly quiet drive, Stracciatella not that far away.

He found a place along the beach to park after they had picked up gelato and, once Preacher was alright with it and close enough, took them over to other ashdown.

"So now," his lips twitched a little, "gelato and magic stuff can proceed." Since clearly she had things on her mind.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:26 am
"Weeellll," she said, but only after taking a huge bite of her grape gelato. Then, Preacher fished around in her pocket and unfolded a paper a bit awkwardly, considering she was one handed.

"What's this s**t even 'bout?" She thrust the paper up towards Jeremiah.

azuredreams

azuredreams rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:18 pm
Jeremiah was in mid-bite of his own treat when he saw that familiar piece of parchment and scent waft towards him. A look flickered across his face, expression going slightly pinched as Preacher shoved it towards him. There was a glimmer in the air, a spark of coldfire at his feet, as he disappeared and reappeared a few feet away.

His gelato was dropped to the ground, at her feet, only the spoon still in his hand. It was, in all honesty, probably one of the strangest reactions Preacher had ever seen Jeremiah have.

"As ridiculous as this sounds: would you please put that back in your pocket?" If ever there was a trigger for him, Preacher had just found it.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:52 pm
Preacher blinked. "It's.. it's paper, it don't bite." But she folded the sheet back up and stuffed it in her pocket. She was utterly baffled.

"You dropped your gelato," she said.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:01 pm
"These don't bite but missives from the Court often come with sensations, tastes, and scents." A breath was released and Jeremiah stared at his gelato. Was it salvageable? Who knew.

"Due to some of the things that have happened to me, as well as handling missives such as that, they don't agree with me." He glanced towards her. "To put it bluntly: I would rather not lose my stomach contents. Which is par the course every time I've gotten one."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:04 pm
"Does other magical s**t... like are ya allergic to other things? Like would somethin' make ya sneeze? Like that sigil." She gestured in the air with her hands, one finger drawing out the sigil. It appeared in front of her, glowing.

"That's damn new." Preacher frowned and swiped her hand at it.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:41 pm
Jeremiah raised an eyebrow at the glowing sigil that appeared before he shook his head. "No, it's specifically in regards to things that have been sent from the Court. Anything that comes with a taste, especially if it has any kind of burnt," a heavy breath through his nose, his eyes looking upward before focusing back on Preacher, "meat, or blood."

It heavily relied on the fact that Jeremiah's own throat had been, on more than one occasion, scorched. Never mind his time as a tithe but that was another matter.

"I went vegetarian for a little while, to illustrate, and have been slowly including meat back in my diet in little bits."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:53 am
"Burnt? Whysat?" She frowned at him, then snapped her fingers. "This more firelord assdick s**t ain't it? 'Cause 'e's all on fire n' s**t. So it gives ya the headaches." The logic was patchy, but there. She didn't really get why the extended to meat, but whatever.

"Can I go n' kick 'is a**?"

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas