iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:47 am
Wil ended up on the other side again. It kept happening by accident. He'd turn a corner and then BAM or he'd fall asleep on a bench and wake up and BAM.

At least he had Bud and since he was working on the warg thing he used it as a good opportunity to practice. The blonde was currently doing just that, sitting with his legs crossed on a dilapidated bench and letting the connection sink in until he was seeing through the ferrets eyes.

Except all Bud was doing was rummaging through his backpack.

Wil also had a burning smoke dangling uselessly from his lips as he breathed quietly. It stunk up the place quite a bit and had a dangerous tower of burning ash precariously hanging off the end of it.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:25 pm
Finding Jeremiah in other ashdown was probably common enough. Jeremiah finding Wil, on the other hand, was not common. It was also not common for him to appear in other ashdown and catch something on a breeze that made his eyes start to water, then sneeze a moment later.

That could only mean-

The silver-haired man, despite his brain saying otherwise, followed the scent until he found Wil on the bench and the ferret going through his backpack. An eyebrow was raised and, with a snap of his fingers, a cold breeze went through to help clean up the air a bit.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:50 am
Wil jolted from the snap, just as Bud had found a bag of snacks that he decided to haul out by the edge of the plastic. The jolt had his column of ash falling onto himself though the splif itself was long gone out.

The blonde blinked a bunch and glanced up at Jeremiah, gaining a slow smile, "Hey Chief."

Somehow he made the word sound less like a real title and more like a nickname.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:50 pm
Jeremiah simply stared at Wil, eyebrow raised in question. Mostly because he could tell that was more a nickname than a title. "Mercer is fine here, Azevedo. Chief of Police means little here."

At least that thing was out and he was not sneezing.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:31 am
Wil was busy wiping his chest of ashes while Bud fought the plastic bag. The blonde eventually took it from the ferret and opened it so he could get at the chopped bits of hardboiled egg that Nasir had packed up for them that morning.

"I don't call people by their last names. It's kinda rude, ya know?" The blonde yawned and since the PD didn't mean anything here, lit his smoke again.

"So it's Chief or Jeremiah." He smiled again, "And I'm Wil."

He then pouted, "Jeez I thought we were friends."

azuredreams
neutral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:30 pm
Jeremiah watched the ferret as it ate before his bright-eyed gaze went back to Wil. He wanted to eye-roll at the rude comment but held himself in check.

"A difference in how one is raised." As calling someone by their last name was how things were for him growing up; a first name implied familiarity that may not be there. Never mind that Wil had spent a fair amount of time of annoying Jeremiah with his smoking of something that he was allergic to.

"You could say we are." Jeremiah raised an eyebrow. "I just wasn't aware that you considered us such." Mostly because there was a certain level of rancor that cropped up (due to Wil's smoke triggering allergic reactions). Jeremiah was stepping away again, this time a low breeze around himself to keep the smoke away; his eyes watered anyway.

The pout had no effect on him.

"If we're friends, then I would ask you pick something else to smoke right now." Jeremiah rubbed at his eyes. "As I would rather not be coughing, sneezing, and dealing with watery eyes because I am allergic to whatever is in that blend, Wil."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:10 pm
Wil blinked as if it didn't click until Jeremiah actually asked and he plucked the smoke from his lips and put it out on the bench. He then smiled, "Yeah sure.." As if it were the simplest thingi n the world.

The cheif's ire seemed to not even affect the blonde, "Maybe it's psychosomatic cause you hate me so much." The smile though was as if that didn't seem to bother him, or he was just being over dramatic.

"I bet you wouldn't even question being Nasir's friend.." Wil hummed eyes drifting around.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:09 pm
"Wil," he said with a sigh, "I don't hate you. If anything, the constant statement that I do somehow is what is aggravating." His eyes were bright as they focused on Wil. "I did far, far worse things than what you've done at your age."

A young Jeremiah was a troublesome thing.

Wil just got another look for his last statement before he spoke again. "Thanks." For putting it out. Not that Jeremiah wasn't keeping that breeze going for a moment longer to clean the air.

Then sneezing again with a sigh.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:38 am
"It must be because I don't bake scones.." Wil said passively.

Bud who was done licking his hands after he got his egg was now scrambling up Wil's shoulders to watch the older man with his now-blue eyes.

"So-" The blonde seemed to be thinking of something, which was a slow process depending on the topic, "- I haven't gotten an invitation to this meeting thing yet." Which meant he hadn't worked out the warg thing completely yet he assumed.

"I'm kinda worried but- maybe that's why," Yes he was actually trying to engage in real conversation with Jeremiah. Wil worried that he was only pursuing magic for the wrong reasons. Or at least that his reasons, ones he held dear, were wrong.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:37 am
"Likely due to the magic not recognizing the bond yet," Jeremiah replied, eyes flicking towards Bud and his blue eyes. His gaze flicked back to Wil. "Considering ..." he started and then stopped. Jeremiah had always been frank when Wil had asked serious questions. It wouldn't change.

"Due to the existence of the Charter and the fact that it governs all who have differentiated, I am certain they're able to tell just who has formalized a bond and become a warg and who has not. His eyes being blue don't necessarily mean that the bond is complete, just that you've started the process."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:58 am
"That's not why I'm worried.." Wil shook his head at Jeremiah's overly wordy explanation. Wil really didn't care about any of that. "I mean I want to be with Nasir but meetings are lame?"

Obviously.

"I'm worried about what all this crap means before I'm even involved in it." Being a warg with Nasir was only a thing he wanted to do because it would be fun with his boyfriend too. It wasn't for power or purpose or greater meanings, "Maybe I'm doubting it. Inside. Because it's all really confusing and... kinda nasty actually."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:27 pm
Jeremiah shook his head. "Then you'll have to clarify what you mean by what all this crap means. It's different from person to person, what the meaning is." He paused. "Doubting it, however, will make things worse for you. The more insecure, the harder it becomes to work with magic."

His hand raked through his hair before he let out a sigh. "A lot of this did not start from something good," he added as an afterthought.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:20 am
"I don't care about how good I am at magic," Wil made very clear. "I don't even care that I have it besides that I do.." He also hadn't done anything with it besides bond with Bud. The things like hand gestures and the like that Nasir was doing just felt weird to Wil. His results in trying had been minimal and much like most things with him, if it required real work he just didn't bother.

"I was fine not having magic and just knowing about this stuff. But we kinda got it against our wills and Nasir especially-" Because his warging was spontaneous, "But now it's all murder and torture and council meetings and.. Well maybe inside I don't want to be a part of your stupid violent club.."

As judgey as his words were, Wil's demeanor was not any more agitated than his usual sleepy way. He mostly was watching his ferret too, offering him bits of things to munch on from his bag to keep him occupied.

And he didn't just mean the nobles or what happened to Melany (which he barely knew about anyway). He'd been at Blackfriars and had seen first hand how scary were-people could be as well.

With his usual delay in things, like sleepy thought, he added, "You know. Like.. subconsciously." Though it sounded pretty conscious.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:58 pm
Jeremiah was pinching the bridge of his nose between his thumb and middle finger, his forefinger rubbing his forehead a little bit. It was not a conversation he was surprised by. Not after Wil had sought him out after Blackfriars. If anything, Wil was probably more protective of Nasir - wanting to see no harm come to the other young man - more than he was of Algie.

Not that that was necessarily true, Jeremiah just knew that if he went too far, Algie would kick his arse before something thought to kick it.

"I would like to state that it's not all murder and torture and council meetings," said Jeremiah, finally speaking. He straightened up, holding himself less like the man Wil normally dealt with and something more than the Chief of Police he was as well. This was Jeremiah Mercer, Noble of the Court of the Sorrowful One.

"Yet it exists and it will, until this ends, continue to exist unless we do something about it. Which we are trying to do. It isn't as if the magic is going to change who you are, Wil, or who Nasir is either. So, yes, it sounds like you're less concerned about the fact that you did not get an invitation and more concerned with how this is going to affect Nasir and yourself. It's completely valid but the only advice I can give you is to either bury your heads or accept it and learn what you can about your magic. I can't offer you reassurances that things cannot go horribly wrong, I'm not going to lie, but I can perhaps help you learn ways to protect Nasir and yourself." It was a bitter truth but Jeremiah was not going to sugar coat it. Times like this, his blunt nature showed through (and it was not always a good thing).

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:56 am
"At least some of what you just said was a lie.." Wil noted, not as mentally lagging as he seemed. His blue eyes, though rimmed red from smoking, were very alert on the older man.

"You said the magic wouldn't change us but you aren't the same.." Physically, no, but the Chief also didn't seem like the same person. The entirety of his noble bearing being presented here and now was a testament to that.

"And all your meetings do is make people fight so I don't really believe that bit either.." Not that he cared about the Charter and it's decision. Not that he knew enough about it to care, but Wil was also not the type to want to strip people of things. Instead he preferred them to keep their status and position and simply use it for his own means given the option.

"Seems like learning more just makes it worse, to be honest." On Jeremiah's offer to help teach them to protect themselves.

Wil then just shrugged. The urge to smoke again was strong, "I'm just venting. I don't really want to be more roped into this crap. But I still want to bond with Bud so I guess I'll deal with that whenever the magical ether of power decides I've done it right. I guess you can call it burying my head, but the alternative seems really shitty. I just want to live and be happy."

Wil tossed his curls with a yawn, "Are you actually happy in all this dumb s**t?"

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces