[PRP] Judiciary Action (Silk & Temperance) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:01 pm
As soon as she'd noticed she could see ways back into alternate Ashdown, Temperance zoomed in. Hart had managed to intercept her before she'd wandered around the new court space much, telling her she needed to see Silk before all else. And that, once again, Hart had taken the liberty of setting up an appointment for her. This time, it actually seemed as though it was a meeting set up for her and not something re-purposed.

Temperance knocked briskly on Silk's office door. This was certainly setup differently, and she found she preferred it. "Silk, I'm here for a meeting that Hart set up. It's Temperance Clark."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:15 pm
"Come in," called Silk. She sounded distracted, but once Temperance entered the well-appointed office she had cleared away whatever she was working on before. Now she was opening a large book, and by large I mean it was the size of the desktop and appeared to be some sort of floor plan. "Hart says you're here to reaffirm your position in the Court?"

the semblance of unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:26 pm
"Yes. As I understand it, henceforth it's kind of appointed positions?" She glanced at the book, seating herself in a chair in front of Silk's desk.

"What do I need to do?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:12 pm
"Of a sort," said Silk, "in that you select an heir, write a contract, and I enforce it. But yes. Since you've already passed your trials, all I have to do is add you to the book of names... What name would you like me to put down?"

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:51 pm
"Much better than tithing." She sighed, not a weary thing, but something born more of relief. "Oh, um, Temperance Clark, I suppose. Does that mean I could have used a pseudonym?" An odd thought.

"From how the court has changed, and from what Hart has told me, I have guessed some of the change in duties. Is there anything you think I should absolutely know or is pressing?" Temperance was not immune to nerves. She'd signed up to be a nurse, and a noble, not a lawyer or whatever she was supposed to do now.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:53 pm
"The noble courts were once judge, jury, and executioner," said Silk. "Now, you're none of those things. Your duties are to advocate for those other beings who approach you, and to assist where you are needed. When a warg identifies a threat and a moonwalker contains it, you and your peers will be entrusted in ensuring that the threat has been adequately assessed and fairly tried.

"Should there be interpersonal or territorial disputes between Otherbeings, you are entrusted with the power to mediate these discussions between them. If a fair conclusion cannot be reached through your own work, you may choose to bring a case to trial, and have it overseen by a Judge, who will direct your searches for the truth of the matter. You are not permitted to serve as a Judge.

"Finally, you're tasked with assisting the fetches with regaining their lives on the other side should they so wish it. You'd be responsible for creating a space for them in your world. How you do that is up to you." She pulled out a smaller book and opened it, uncapped an old-looking fountain pen. "Do you agree to these tasks, Temperance Clark?"

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:00 pm
"I do," she said without hesitation. Temperance took the pen and signed her name in neat lines. It was a bit of a different job than before, but not terribly so, and she could walk away from the responsibility.

"Who serve as the judges? How will we be notified of cases?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:03 pm
"Liam Noor, Renard Leroux, Ascencion Shore, and Melany Dubhslaine," said Silk. "I chose only those who had the greatest understanding of magic. Melany has an excellent moral character and a not inconsiderable knack for grasping magical tenets quickly, hence her inclusion."

She waved a hand over the small book and then closed it.

"I'll call everyone interested in trying the case to the Court and ask for volunteers to advocate for the plaintiff and the defendant. From there, the Judge will direct the investigation."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:48 pm
Temperance noted down each name. She couldn't fault their knowledge of magic, although she wondered about their impartiality. They'd have to see. "Seems like an efficient system," she commented.

"Would I.... before the destruction and renewal, I was trying to set up a clinic. Is that something I can still pursue with the changes?" Temperance swallowed.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:56 am
"I can allot you additional space as required," said Silk. "It's certainly nonstandard and would have to come secondary to your duties as a Noble. According to the new Charter, refusing to mediate cases brought to you can cause you to lose your powers entirely, so be wary of how you use your time."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:52 am
"I understand. The eventual plan is to create the clinic in the space allotted and then staff it. It wouldn't be just me alone." She smiled a bit. While Temperance wasn't so sure about everything else, this she had a clear plan for.

"Do I need to, uh, draw up a proposal or something?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:09 am
Silk shook her head. "If you need space for long-term care, I'd recommend looking at the town. It's largely empty, so a great deal could be done in that space. But I can give you a few rooms for basic medical work--you'll be responsible for finding the furniture and equipment you need yourself--that's no problem. And there ought to be requisition forms for anything you need in the course of your Noble work."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:34 am
"You're right. I would like to expand as needed into a long-term care facility, should it be needed. But I think a few rooms to start with would work perfectly." Temperance thought for a second. "Do you know of any fetches in particular who'd be interested in serving medical rotations?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:43 am
"As I recall, Hart had medical training in her first life," said Silk. "I'll send the others your way... but do keep in mind that they aren't bound to serve any longer. You'll likely have to come up with a fair exchange for their time and talents."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:09 am
"I'm not surprised. My grades after the tithing was over were still high." She smiled.

"In the beginning, I'm hoping to run the operation on volunteer power. Then, of course, if it grows to a point where permanent staff is needed, I'll look into compensation. I already have a few volunteers in mind." She drummed her fingers on her thigh. "Do... are they anything like deeds or something for the spaces within the town or is it just an all-out first-come claim?"

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces