Welcome to Gaia! ::

Odd One Out

Back to Guilds

The sweet little slice of Gaia reserved for the bizarre, twisted, and/or bored. 

Tags: Random, Debate, Discussion, Chat, Competitions 

Reply Main Forum
Let's talk videogames! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The best games are
  Horror
  RPG
  First Person Shooter
  Platformer
  Ummm.... Choose your own adventure
  idk something else
View Results

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:19 pm
These days I'm playing Cuphead and it's ******** amazing. I also know someone who animated on it and it's so good looking you guys! It's a platformer/shoot'em up in the style of old school animation. Also it's got couch co op. I'm always on the hunt for the best couch co op games to play with my hubby so let me know if you have any recommendations on that front!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Also next month The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs expansion pack comes out AND the new pokemon game comes out so.... Goodbye social life.

What games are you currently playing? Which ones are you excited for? What are your all-time favs???

Oh also let's talk best horror games of all time because those are also the bomb.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:16 am
Currently playing? Once upon a tower (an app which has a promising no story)

My favorites?
Spyro (ps1 only)
The Legend of Dragoon
Digimon world 1
Pokemon! (Diamond and older)
Fallout 3
Marrowind
Black and White
Skyrim
Mech assault
(I meant for it to be shorter emo )

Most new games remind me of old ones. I go back and play them. I have a still functioning PS1  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:42 pm
Xenar1

You really keep it old school razz  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:47 am
I've always loved racing and strategy games, but I'm so picky when it comes to video games. I usually don't play a ton, honestly.  

Sincerely Metalhead
Crew

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:29 pm
Sincerely Metalhead
I've always loved racing and strategy games, but I'm so picky when it comes to video games. I usually don't play a ton, honestly.

You would probably like The Room.

Each level is a complex safe that you have to open by figuring out the numerous complicated puzzles on each side. I guess it's not really strategy, more puzzle game, but it gives your problem-solving muscles a workout!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:30 am
No school like the old school! twisted

Sincerely Metalhead
and expensive. Ten years ago I would ask myself "is this game worth forty bucks?" And i would often say "no.". Unfortunately it wasn't always before I bought it.

Now it's sixty plus another three hundred or four hundred for the console. I have things i need. Like a new house, car payment (which is cheaper a month than a console scream ), retirement fund..... Heck FOOD. It is no longer for the average man; now it's for the rich kids. gonk

Harvest moon is another big one that didn't make my list. So many to choose from! sweatdrop  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Sincerely Metalhead
Crew

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:21 pm
Xenar1
No school like the old school! twisted

Sincerely Metalhead
and expensive. Ten years ago I would ask myself "is this game worth forty bucks?" And i would often say "no.". Unfortunately it wasn't always before I bought it.

Now it's sixty plus another three hundred or four hundred for the console. I have things i need. Like a new house, car payment (which is cheaper a month than a console scream ), retirement fund..... Heck FOOD. It is no longer for the average man; now it's for the rich kids. gonk

Harvest moon is another big one that didn't make my list. So many to choose from! sweatdrop

I actually prefer old school systems like the N64 or SNES. I don't have either right now, but they have some of the best games in my opinion! I haven't bought any games in a while. I'm on a pretty strict budget. I'm with the AmeriCorps right now, so the stipend is pretty low. Oh well, I have Skyrim to keep me busy! Lol  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:22 pm
Funkyblueeyes
Sincerely Metalhead

Each level is a complex safe that you have to open by figuring out the numerous complicated puzzles on each side. I guess it's not really strategy, more puzzle game, but it gives your problem-solving muscles a workout!

Sounds fun, actually! Is it for a console or is it a mobile game?  

Sincerely Metalhead
Crew

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200

404 Loki

Omnipresent Stylist

12,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:27 am
I've watched some youtubers play cup head and its a really cool game from what I've seen.

I've been playing world of warcraft on and off for 10 years but actively subscribed for the last 3.

I also play fire emblem heroes on my phone and marvel puzzle quest. been playing FEH since launch and MPQ for 3 years.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:58 pm
Sincerely Metalhead
Funkyblueeyes
Sincerely Metalhead

Sounds fun, actually! Is it for a console or is it a mobile game?

I got it on pc but it might be available for console too.  

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:36 am
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Couch Co-Op games. That to me is the ultimate friend-builder. Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil 5 are still my favorites. A friend of mine that frequents a gaming bar showed me that game as someone was streaming it on one of the TVs. I didn't know it was co-op. He might get it to play with me now emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:10 pm
Different...Very.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Couch Co-Op games. That to me is the ultimate friend-builder. Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil 5 are still my favorites. A friend of mine that frequents a gaming bar showed me that game as someone was streaming it on one of the TVs. I didn't know it was co-op. He might get it to play with me now emotion_awesome

Or the ultimate friend-destroyer, depending on the game wink

Resident Evil 5 is my fav couch co op so far. My fiancee and I have played it probably a dozen times hahaha. Now we have unlimited ammo on everything and we just breeze through it.

They make so few games like that now. It's super disappointing! Gaming online isn't even nearly the same thing.  

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

ChortlingPig

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:29 pm
Xenar1

My favorites?
Spyro (ps1 only)
The Legend of Dragoon
Digimon world 1
Fallout 3
Marrowind
Black and White
Skyrim
Mech assault

Most new games remind me of old ones. I go back and play them. I have a still functioning PS1
Randomly popping in to say that i freaking LOVE Legend of Dragoon and that it's my favorite RPG of all time
I'm so glad it's one of someone else's favorites too crying  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:08 pm
MangoisDelicious
Xenar1

My favorites?
Spyro (ps1 only)
The Legend of Dragoon
Digimon world 1
Fallout 3
Marrowind
Black and White
Skyrim
Mech assault

Randomly popping in to say that i freaking LOVE Legend of Dragoon and that it's my favorite RPG of all time
I'm so glad it's one of someone else's favorites too crying

I've never even heard of it razz  

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:49 pm
Finished Cuphead, now I'm on Ori and the Blind Forest.

It's very visually appealing and so far a fun play too.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff