Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:14 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The days were dry, as the shorter rainy season had passed. Vitha could feel the grass crunch beneath her paws as she approached one of the watering holes; the largest one at the moment. She had found some solace in meeting Mkate, having a connection to someone that didn't decide she was crazy. Still, many more eyes glanced towards her after her outburst with Aoife here just a month or two ago.

Thankfully, it hadn't evolved into anything more than curious and judgmental eyes. The Pridelands were a relatively relaxed pride, and she was allowed to have her 'beliefs', even if she knew them to be truths. Still, she persisted. If she was able to find more ears that would understand her cause, her need to keep this pride safe...then it didn't matter what others believed. She would be successful.

She bent her head down at the watering hole, realizing how much it had shrunk in the last month. Hopefully the rains would return soon, or everyone would have to travel further out for water.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:24 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pipi stood over the watering hole and "tsked" aloud at it. Why did the water level have to go down? Why couldn't it always be full? It was a great metaphor for her life in the Pridelands. The brown lioness often lamented that nothing interesting seemed to happen around here, that it was all lazy days and happy people. But...she was far too much of a homebody to leave for some futile sense of "adventure." After all, what if she got cold or hungry or thirsty? She had more than enough here, but Out There...you never knew.

Basically, Pipi was in love with the dream of Adventure, and was smart enough to realize it for what it was. Sure, she'd still sigh and long, but a lioness had to be practical.

Glancing around, she wondered if there was anybody with whom to share her stunning philosophical thoughts. Her eye fell on a black and white lioness who had...

"Eeek! There's a spider climbing on your fur!"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:32 am
??

Vitha raised her maw from the water, dripping leftover water back into the hole as she glanced over at the russet brown lioness. She felt a brief moment of confusion, before realizing that she meant her marking. Which was a rather odd marking, but she hadn't had a comment made on it since she was a cub. It was the stark reminder, for her, of her rogue father, and the morbid stories he collected and shared with her.

"I wish," she said, rubbing at her fur where the 'spider' was. "Its a blessing, or a curse, from my father's own coat." It would shift a bit as she pushed around at the fur, but it was clearly still on her coat. "Hope...it didn't startle you too much?"

She didn't know who this lioness was, but then again, she didn't know who most of the members were in the massive Pridelands. It how she clung onto hope of still recruiting ears to listen to her concerns. Her markings didn't see super unique or distinctive...which she liked. Vitha may have more success with those not from the massive and 'important' families. Aoife had probably been sure to tell everyone she knew to ignore the black and white lioness with the red eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:35 am
A marking? Pipi blinked and came closer to the other female, trying to get a better look.

"Well, that's a pretty realistic marking then," she offered with a hesitant laugh. She wondered how the other lioness could stand it. But maybe when you were living with something like that your whole life, you stopped minding it so much. She wasn't certain what could be said about the father who gave her such a thing.

"I think I'm okay, but it's not the sort of thing you expect to see on anybody just drinking at the watering hole!" Pipi continued. "I'm sorry if my scream startled you."  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:42 am
Vitha laughed, genuinely. It felt...nice. "Oh no, I'm certain that you started the birds and perhaps even a couple other lions more than you started me. But I thank you," she said with a light bob of her head. Her mouth was still a bit wet, but at least the water stopped dribbling out.

"Umm...I'm Vitha. Its nice to meet you, even if it started under amusing circumstances." She bobbed her head again, trying to be polite. The last thing she needed was to scare someone away. But...what should she talk about? She usually liked to open up with asking if they've felt like something is wrong, but usually she got bewildered looks and denials. The...weather?

"Its a bit dry lately, isn't it?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:46 am
"I'm Pipi!" the younger lioness intorduced herself, smiling with good humor at the many creatures she probably alarmed with her outcry. Oh well. At least it hadn't gone so badly. But her smile faded as Vitha turned the subject to the dry weather they'd had of late.

"Yes, I guess so. It makes me wonder why the weather has to go and do something like that, why the watering hole can't just stay full all the time." The brown lioness sighed.

"I hope we didn't upset any gods or anything!" The words were said lightly, as Pipi was the same sort of agnostic as so very many members of the Pridelands.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:55 am
"Pipi," Vitha echoed. It was a cute name, full of spunk and energy, just like the lioness it belonged to. It seemed like she had such potential for the world, for herself, but kept it grounded for some reason. Vitha had never shone that brightly, but she always had a curiousness about the outside world, living through each of her father's stories whenever he came to visit. It was that one, final daring push to look beyond the prides borders that she felt a darkness sweep over her; something she didn't want anyone else to experience.

"Funny that you say that," she replied quietly. Did Pipi know about her? Or was she one of those Pridelanders that carried some belief in gods, but was never very devout? These loaded questions had gotten her into plenty of trouble before, so she had to tread carefully.

"If there was a chance that may have happened, or was going to happen...would you want to do something to prevent it?" Vitha was quiet; her ears pinned against her skull as she waited for the usual outburst of denial. She didn't think Pipi would do that; regardless of what the russet lioness believed, she seemed nice enough to not squash Vitha's heart like a bug.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:41 pm
Pipi's attention was caught by something odd in the other lioness' tone. As if...Vitha knew something but wasn't sure if she should share or not. Immediately the brown lioness' attention was caught.

"Of course I would!" she told the other female. Who wouldn't want to help their home and firends and family and pride out if they could? Wasn't that why most people were Hunters or held some other rank that helped keep the pride running?

She had never heard of Vitha before, nor of the lioness' unusual reputation.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:45 pm
Vitha glanced around once more. There were some lions lingering around, and though she seemed to get a little glance here or there, none of them felt like heavy glares. Just mildly curious, or looking for familiar faces....was this a trick?

Well, Pipi seemed too earnest to be trying to trap her. And no one had threatened her yet, at least not that she knew of.

"I can tell you what I know. I don't mind if you share what I tell you, but just know that....not everyone believes me." Vitha sighed. She was genuine in how she felt! So it was frustrating that she had to be careful. "I just don't want anything to happen to you. So, even then, do you want to listen?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:48 pm
Seeing Vitha look around, Pipi did the same, but saw nothing out of the ordinary. Did the older lioness not want to share what she knew with everyone? Or was there something else, some other reason that she seemed furtive with her knowledge?

Wait, not everyone believed her? What kind of stupidity was that? Pipi knew that some people lied, but the brown female couldn't understand that kind of mindset. After all, truth was so much more effective.

"Of course I want to know!," she told Vitha firmly. "If it can help, shouldn't everyone know?"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:42 pm
"I agree," Vitha nodded. "And I want everyone to help. There was a night where something terrible happened; I honestly can't remember it all. But I saw something that...shouldn't be here." She shuddered a bit, remember the night there was a massive, dark form on the border of the Pridelands.

"And though he didn't seem to harm me, I feel like I...felt the potential of harm. So I want to try and prepare us to appease him if he returns. Very few even believe that this happened, and since I can't offer solid proof, there has been talk of me being crazy."

She shifted her paws, feeling a mixture of irritation and determination. "But I won't let them stop me. I just can't shake the feeling that something bad will happen."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:07 pm
Pipi listend closely, gasping at appropriate moments during Vitha's recitation of events. She had no more idea than the older lioness what it was that had been seen, but her imagination could paint all sorts of horrible pictures, each one more terrifying than the last.

"How do you appease him?" the brown lioness asked after Vitha had stopped speaking. She didn't want to address the other female's "bad feeling," just in case it attracted some bad luck of some kind. Best be careful.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:22 am
"I hope to leave offerings of food, perhaps acknowledging his existence would help...I'm still trying to figure out the safest way to go about it." To be honest, Vitha had been pulling what she could think of from stories and myths. But it seemed like offerings were the way to go. The water wasn't as plentiful, and the grass was a bit crunchy, but there were still plenty of herd beasts out there to hunt, eat, and offer up the choicest bits.

"I've been leaving a few offerings near the border where I made contact, and so far it has been quiet...I am taking that as a good sign. But I wonder if having more of us offered some form of respect will guarantee us safety, y'know?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:54 pm
The brown lioness thought about it for a bit as she considered Vitha's words. It sounded utterly logical, to appease the being by offering it what they could. Of course, they had no way of knowing what he truly wanted from them, but they had to try, and it was easy enough to offer food and water.

"That sounds reasonable," Pipi replied slowly as she turned over the possibilities in her mind. She really didn't know any more about this than Vitha - or even as much as the older lioness - so she really couldn't say what was right and what was wrong. But it was still good to try.

"All we can do is try, right?" she said aloud.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:52 pm
Vitha could feel her heart swell, and her eyes water a bit. Sure, once in a while she was able to get through to someone, but to feel like it happened so organically with Pipi...it made her want to cry with joy.

"Yes," Vitha said, a little pained, but she cracked a larger smile than she had when speaking with Pipi. "All I want to do is try. Thank you. For now, just let me know if you hear or see anything weird. I do like to try and hang around this watering hole; its the easiest place to meet up. Thank you, Pipi."

[IC] Pridelands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff