Perceptions of Time Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:21 pm
When you're younger, a month can feel like an eternity. Like your whole life could be consumed in the time it takes for a month to pass. As you grow older though the months seem to fly by more quickly and blend together into longer periods like years, and perhaps even decades. Time seems to go by more quickly as age starts to overtake you. I wonder if it will continue on this course. I can feel the days blend together into weeks, and the weeks pass quickly into months. Time does not stand still for me anymore, but continues to march onward at a more and more dizzying pace.

Do you feel as though time passes too slowly for you, or are you also swept up in the motion of time, and have to pause to reflect on how quickly it has been passing you by?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:28 am
Like you said, both. Time takes an eternity to pass by during the weeks, because I'm counting down the time till the weekend and ultimately the time when I can move out. Every now and then however, I stop trying to speed life up and it hits me that I'm not the same person I once was.  

2on

BlairyFairy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:24 am
Well, sometimes it goes by very quickley, this whole year felt like only a month or two, it's almost done(School year).  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:32 am
time is always against us. When we want it to go faster, it slows and the opposite holds true as well. As a younger child, it went incredibly slow because I didn't have much to do. But now I have a very busy schedule and there isn't enough time in the day. Time is always against us.  

Seanna

ieatyourtclol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:58 pm
I, for one, find it overwhellming. I see the days, as you said, melding into weeks, and weeks melding into months. I found as I became older the passage of time became more oblique; I didn't perceive time in the same manner as when I was younger. In this mental shift - due to aging - I became unaware to just how quickly my life was progressing.

My life is 21 years old and I remember little of it. Within this fact I find only desperation to reclaim my youth and relive my past. Within all of this, I came to a realization that time is absolute; it is constant.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:14 pm
I have only spent a meek seventeen years upon the ravished planet. Time once went as slow as my mind could percieve it, for I had a low intelligence, and the only time I could actually understand was the sun coming up, and then it wearing a hoodie and sunglasses, which was really the moon but I had to much of an imagination.

But now, I know what time is. Destructive.
Time only brings us misery, deadlines. It just keeps going and going, time has actually been programmed into us.

Yet, now, I pay no attention to its heeding call.
Time has sped up to the point I don't remember the last two years in detail.
Everything has now become but simple memories. All has become blurs, the pain and agony of the past mean nothing but a thought of old. Joy and happiness only last for as long as those around you can manage to uphold it's great quality.
Despair has sunk it to the hearts of many, yet hope still remains.

I myself have felt that time only detroys the mind, but once you remove yourself from it as much as possible, you enjoy life a whole lot more.

I hope that made any sense at all, I'm running off of 15 hours of sleep for the past 5 days.

XD, see, time has it's grasp upon us all.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:08 am
When with my boyfriend, time moves 6000 times faster. When away from him, it moves 2 times slower. Guess that's why I feel like I don't see him enough when I actually see him almost every day XP  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:32 pm
It depends on how much you're doing and how much you're enjoying the things you do.

But yes, it's feeling pretty damn quick.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

littlewonder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:44 pm
I believe when you're a child, time always goes slow. Not daily time, although I remember thinking an hour always took forever. Nowadays, though, time goes a lot faster. Not because I'm busier, but because I'm older (at least that's how I see it). Although, I do also believe time often has a tendency to go against you. Just not nessesarily (sp?) all the time. I also believe time can go faster when you pay no attention to it and that time has a grasp on us all.

But the main thing I'm thinking here is time gets faster as your brain gets more adjusted to the concept of time. It should speed up until you're a teen or adult. Then it just stays as is until maybe you're elderly. Even then I'm not sure. Maybe not... stare Anyway, that's the main thought I'm thinking here at this point about the subject.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:15 am
Time really means nothing to me. I try not to think about it as much as possible. It always seems to go against me so therefore I have turned against it.
But yes, I do think it goes faster as you age. See, there we go. As you get older it goes against you. The reason why I'm against it.  

mildlycrazy13

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:07 pm
It seems as if time is always out to get us: it's always ever near or ever far away; slipping out of our grasp. I find myself as the type of person who is always caught in the chaos of time. It's all quite confusing.......

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:13 pm
Time ebbs and flows in my world; it always has.

Actually, I've been interested and enthralled by the perception of time for as long as I can remember. Time is a wondrous work of nature and reality; it's something one can measure, but not control.

Also, I think time is a work of the mind as well; the saying "time flies when you're having fun" is not meaningless to me. My views are very complex, but in short, I believe everyone has this perception they call "reality", and, whether they know it or not, they can control it with their mind.

Tied up in this perception is the perception of time, along with the perception of emotions, happenings, and sound. When you focus on time, it seems to crawl by, but when you don't care or are engrossed in something else, it seems to vanish at alarming rates.

I've often studied this, as I measure how fast, to me, time went when I focused on the clock in a certain period, compared to how fast it flew by when I didn't care about time. I eventually came to realize that the clock time, in my world, is not so much a way of measuring time, but rather a reference point for time. Time is not something that can be measured by any clock; rather, it is measured by your perception.

And that whole long discourse is my view on time. Sorry kiddies, no ammended version here.

.Sodomy.On.A.Stick.

poncho steve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:14 pm
time goes faster when your busy
when you are little you have
nothing to do  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:05 am
I definitely agree that time goes by faster when you're busy with something..
In a way when you're doing something like
reading, drawing, watching a movie,
w/e you kind of don't have a sense of time..
When you aren't anything
time seems to go as slow as possible..

[[-.Undercover.Emo.-]]

Jasop_Buttement

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:53 pm
Yeah, I remarked to someone the other day that it doesn't feel like 2006, more like 1996 to my mind. I've just done a few things, and. . . da dum a decade has passed. It's funny too b/c when I think of this person I talked to in a store at random it was 10 months ago, and here I was thinking it could have only been 6.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff