Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Other Archives
Wren and Terashi vs Vito and Lucas [Day 3] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:59 pm
Vito Winstrate and Lucas along with their Shiftry and Infernape face Wren and Terashi in a double battle in the open grassy fields of Motostoke Riverbank.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:49 am
Upon releasing Hyacinth from her Ball, Wren would ensure he was positioned to watch as much of the battle as possible. The Florges swayed in place, tears gathering in her eyes as she through a Tearful Look at both the Swiftry and Infernape their opponents had sent at them. "Damn she's good... When'd she learn to use that move?" Wren muttered to himself, fighting against the anxiety building in his chest.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:56 pm
Cursing under my breath, I let Rala out of her ball and turned to face the enemy. ...only to realize there were two of them. Apparently, I'd gotten dragged into a double battle. "Calm Mind. Let's start this battle out right," I muttered, livid that I couldn't save my adopted daughter because of these two.

Rala glared at the two opposing trainers for a second - my own anger rubbing off on her due to the strength of our bond - before closing her eyes and focusing her mind, along with a generous helping of Psychic-type energy to improve her special abilities.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:12 pm
"Don't take this personal, guys. Lucas and I are just playing the same game as everyone else. If you blame anyone then blame me. He's a good kid." Vito spoke before turning his complete attention to the battle brewing, his Shiftry looking sorrowful at Hyacinth.

"Hey! What does that mean?" Lucas huffed at Vito's comment, the older man just smiling. "Oh well..." The boy from Sinnoh sighed. "I'm going all the way in this thing! Think of all the Poffins that prize money can buy!" Wait, what? "Infernape, let's set up too! Sunny Day!" The Infernape, also feeling sorry for the Florges, snapped away and let out a screech into the sky towards the sun, the star above responding by glowing more intensely upon them.

"Well I guess if no one else is going to blink first I won't either. Shiftry, use Grassy Terrain!" Vito commanded, the Wickid Pokemon responding by fanning the grass vigorously, a wave of green energy washing over it. The grass would respond by growing rapidly, increasing in length nearly four fold to being well above waist high to the adult humans.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:50 pm
"I was on my way from saving my daughter from an attacker when you used Trainer's Eyes on me. I could have saved her if not for you," I explained, not willing to let up on my grudge against them. "Psychic on Infernape, Rala. One round of standoff is more than enough." I ordered.

Rala complied, reaching out for the Fighting-type's mind so she could attack it directly. Should the attack hit, Infernape's mind would be flooded with Psychic-type energy.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:51 pm
Wren would give their opponent's a curious look for a moment as the pair set up their own moves but he wasn't about to just let them win. It was regrettable that Terashi didn't have a Grass-type in this fight that Hyacinth could properly support but he would do what he could. "Hyacinth, Dazzling Gleam!" He told the Fairy-type Garden Pokemon. She nodded and as the blue petals around her neck began to shine, he spoke to the trainer opposite them ."I'm just confused how I ended up making it this far, to be honest. I didn't come into this tournament expecting to make it past the first round but I won't be throwing in the towel until I'm beaten fair and square." He told them just before the light from Hyacinth's attack reached it's peak and the burst of Fairy energy and the massive flash attempted to blind them.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:11 pm
Vito smiled at Terashi's command, his Shiftry immediately moving the moment the command was uttered. Executing a Grass Glide the Shiftry moved at an incredible speed, just an utter blur as it was next seen slamming into Rala. The Wicked Pokemon would knock her back and continue to glide along the field with its fans, slower but the momentum would take some time to fade away after moving that rapidly. With a combination of its Grassy Glide, which called about the terrain for its speed, and its Chlorophyll ability activated under the sun, Shiftry would move far quicker than Rala could get its attack to harm Infernape, its own Dark typing and body acting as a shield as well if by some chance the Shiftry's reaction was just a bit delayed. "Sorry. We kind of planned this out. The other guys you angered spilled the beans on what you were carrying so it wasn't hard to do."

The Dazzling Gleam was another thing though, while Shiftry moved before it went off the bright flash of Fairy light would still hit both Infernape and Shiftry, the Dark type making a staggered landing on the furthest side of the battlefield and squeezing its eyes tight. The Fighting type less affected than its partner but still damaged by the move as it let out a grunt.

"Now it's our turn! Infernape, Overheat on the Gardevoir!" Lucas

Letting out a screech the Infernape's head flame would burst into a massive pillar of fire before it breathed in deep and unleashed from its mouth an enormous stream of fire right at the center of the field, the move empowered by the sun. The move however would not just seek to damage Rala but also when it made contact with the grassy field it would ignite the grass and the grass energies that created it causing the entire place to rapidly become consumed in flames and threatened Hyacinth as well. As for Shiftry it was quick to take to the sky upon hearing the command with a flap of its fans, it couldn't actually 'fly' but fluttering would be good enough for now.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:06 pm
My glare worsened as Rala was struck with Overheat, Calm Mind's boost and Sunny Day's boost cancelling each other out. Fortunately, Rala was significally sturdy against special-focused moves, and it wasn't a super-effective move. None of that cancels the fact that Rala took significant damage from the move.

That said, though, it did give me an idea. Prior to the tournament happening, I had the idea to teach Rala a Fire-type move that she didn't need to be close to the target to use in case that issue came up, and now we had the perfect opportunity to have that move see the light of day, considering this whole event was being broadcasted. "Rala, switch targets! Use Mystical Fire on Shirty!"

Though hurt from Overheat, Rala looked away from Infernape, drawing in Fire-type energy from the surrounding inferno before focusing on the 'flying' Shirfty and breathing out a stream of fire from her mouth, using the added strength Sunny Day allowed for to hopefully burn Shirfty down to the ground, or at the very least bring it closer to fainting.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:39 am
Wren would think for a moment about what Hyacinth could do and realized that perhaps she wasn't his best choice for this battle. The majority of her moves were designed to support the rest of his own Pokemon rather than just anyone.

With the sun shining high above them thanks to Sunny Day, the Channeler had an idea but he wasn't sure if his partner could pull it off. "Seed Bomb! Aim for the ground at Infernape's feet!" He'd inform his Fairy companion.

"Flor?" Drawing from the grassy terrain, Hyacinth would form a large orb of Grass energy, locking it into a hardened shell of energy like a large nut or seed. Raising the orb above her head, she would use her power to lob it toward Internape, aiming at the ground beneath it. Should the seed be allowed to hit the ground, it would explode in a shower of leaves, flower petals of plant matter, along with a wild growth of thorny vines as Wren used his Brambleguard while the explosion distracted those surrounding them. The aim was to tangle Infernap in the vines in such a way it would struggle to escape for a moment.

"Terashi, focus on Infernape. Your Pokemon is better equipped to deal withit than mine." He'd inform his battle partner afterward, hoping the Psychic chaneler would catch on.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:43 pm
"Shiftry! Endure and ready yoursef!" Vito called out, the Shiftry immediately bracing its self as it brought its fans over its face and anticipated the arrival of the Mystical Fire, the magical flames slamming into the Shiftry and harming it greatly thanks to the Sunny Day above. Ordinarily it would have knocked out the Shiftry but thanks to its preparations it was able to hang in there, for now.

As the vines grew around Infernape both Lucas and Infernape knew that physical escape would be futile but fortunately for them Infernape wasn't trained just for physical combat, like most of his species he could do both. "Fire Blast!" Lucas called out. Calling upon the power of the sun the Infernape drew in deep and unleashed a massive kanji shaped blast of fire directly at the Florgres, some of the vines burnt by the fire but for now most of them remained.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:20 pm
When I saw the massive kanji, my first instinct was to get Rala to position herself between it and Wren's Florges and have her use Protect so Wren didn't run the risk of losing a Pokemon. Whether Rala thought that strategy was a mental command from me or she just had the same idea, I can't be sure, but she wound up doing just that.

I sighed a bit. I wasn't sure that the Florges was completely defenseless from the massive fire move, so I was a bit disappointed that Rala went through with it despite the possibility of finding a better opportunity in that moment, especially since she'd be open to attack now. That said, it was too late to change anything.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:28 pm
Before Wren could even attempt to communicate with Terashi and Rala, the pair had moved to protect Hyacinth. He found the opportunity in this to safely change his partner out of the battle, however, and recalled Hycainth, sending Nutmeg in in her place. "Thanks for that!" He'd call to his allies before issuing a command to his Steenee. "Use Zen Heatbutt on Infernape!" He'd order, knowing that while she was a grass type, her sepals would act as a sort of shield as she went in for the attack. Attempting to use his Channeling to give her a boost, he felt no connection. Looking down at his wrist, where his silken bracelet was worn, he found it's flower wilted and the petals falling off. He had inadvertently used the only charge of his Photosynthesis to use Brambleguard without having either of his cacti present. He hadn't even considered the effect trying to channel without them would have.

"Crap... crapcrapcrap!" He hadn't been without his channeling at all in nearly a decade, even if he didn't know what it was. How long was this going to last?

"Stee?" Nutmeg asked before moving to attack, rushing toward Infernape with her sepals glowing bright blue-white with psychic energy. As she got closer, she tilted her head down and use her sepals as a shield in preparation for the bash.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:17 pm
And there was their opening, Vito giving Lucas a knowing look and a smile, the boy nodding in response as he understood exactly what his teammate was thinking.

Thanks to that moment of delay in the switch Lucas and Infernape had plenty of time to react to the incoming Zen Headbutt. "Protect!" He said, taking a page out of Terashi's book as Steenee closed in with its Zen Headbutt.

"Shiftry, Explosion!" Vito cried out in that same moment. With Infernape protected, Nutmeg on the offense, and Rala had just used its own Protect the stage was perfectly set for a disastrous event for the Snagems as the Shiftry began to glow brightly and violently exploded, unleashing a massive wave of energy upon the two vulnerable Pokemon.

As the smoke cleared the pair would see that Infernape was standing, completely fine, though this time with a new teammate beside him as Vito had already withdrew his fainted Shiftry and replaced it with a Swellow.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:25 am
I felt Rala's mind disconnect from mine the second the Explosion hit and cursed under my breath. Part of me wanted to revive Rala right away, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I should save that for last. Putting my pride to the side, I recalled Rala and let Brunor, my Gallade, out of his ball. "Let's see if you can handle a Pokemon that's been raised from the egg to defeat Gym Leaders. Use Psycho Cut on Infernape!" I ordered. Brunor rushed toward the Infernape and raised his arms, channeling Psychic-type energy into them before bringing them down on Fighting-type enemy.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:56 pm
Fortunately for Wren and Nutmeg, both, she had been launched from from the flames of explosion due to the recoil of her Zen Headbutt bouncing off of Infernape's Protect. She wasn't without damage, of course, having been blasted by the concussive force on the font edge of the blast and had bounced across the ground a fair ways to land near where Rala had fainted but she was still in this for the moment. Now, when the Swellow made it's appearance, Wren began to fret slightly. He didn't want to have to risk switching his Pokemon again and give them another opening to attack with so he was considering his options when he noticed Nutmeg's feet were beginning to glow a soft blue-white and sparkle slightly. The Steenee began to move before he even gave an order and, when she made to attack, he was stunned. With a series of graceful flips and twirls, her tiny feet aglow, the Grass-type unleashed blades of ice at Swellow as she executed a Triple Axel.

"How?!" Was all Wren could say in response. It went against everything he had ever known about Grass-types that one could use an Ice-type move at all and yet, here she was doing so as clear as day and he couldn't recall ever having taught her to do so.  
Other Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff