Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!
WTF? Orochimaru has a lady voice?? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YTV killed the anime a litttle eh?
  duuuuuuhhh
  no
  WTF?
View Results

XGreen Eggs And SpamX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:58 am
WTF? I dont have cartoon network but I watch it on YTV, and here are some problems:
1. The #1 problem is tied with Orochimaru and the lady voice and Naruto's annoying catch phrase believe it!!!! They are both reasons to hate the anime but I can stand them because the manga calms me down.
2. Why the hell is there no blood? I'm not someone who loooves blood or anything but if you get stabbed or if you show the ground when Orochimaru is using an illusion at least make it a little more real.

Oh my its for an older youth audience, well why? No swearing blood or anything liike that so, I think the anime would be better if they fixed those 2 problems up.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:01 am
Poor Naruto crying  

XGreen Eggs And SpamX

XGreen Eggs And SpamX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:02 am
it gets annoying, and a neighbor is revving his engine and I cant think dammit  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:08 pm
First of all, it doesnt matter if a girl does a guys voice. Happens all the time so get over it. Also they cut down the belive it catch phrase used by 99.999%. Second there is some blood, just not the gore fest everyone wants. It comes on early so they dont want to corrupt the youth of todays mind, or some s**t like that.  

Mr._Stabby

churrlo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:40 pm
The Japanese version does have blood though. But here in America there are restrictions as to what we show our youth. Also, even in the Japanese version... Orochimaru kinda sounds like a girl. At least he does in the woods.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:09 pm
after those early episodes, i learned quickly not to judge character's sexuality by voices or looks. I thought ochimaru was a girl until some one refered to him as a "he".

As far as the blood goes, i find the editing stupid. They show some blood like when some people are bleeding, but they cut out the nose bleeds caused by the sexy jitsu. Also, That one guy who smokes, they edited out his lit cigarette, so he is just seen constantly puffing on an unlit ciggarette, and that is just stupid.

and the catchphrase does ahve its roots in the japanese version, but dattebayo is 1. much cooler sounding, and 2. an actual hting people say, unlike believe it, which does not fit and just sounds stupid. Maybe by the time the american version hits 183 and they do thier 3 year jump, they will get a new voice actor for older naruto.  

Owenlars2

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:50 pm
I wonder who will do the new voices! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:38 pm
Oh...I learned something new from the Naruto guild Dub sub-forum today. Orochimaru has a girly voice. So says you people. I'm afraid to watch tv now.

No more believe it? YES! Have sympathy! They realized how WRONG they were!

But, I must confess, IT'D BE FREAKING HILARIOUS IF HE DID HAVE A LADY VOICE!! It's like, you go up to an old hag, say you'll pay her twenty grand if she does the voice.

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:40 pm
LOL. Well I personally think he has a feminine voice when he's in the woods. But later on when you see his "true" form, he sounds more normal. But his voice is just scary ><  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:40 pm
Owenlars2

As far as the blood goes, i find the editing stupid. They show some blood like when some people are bleeding, but they cut out the nose bleeds caused by the sexy jitsu. Also, That one guy who smokes, they edited out his lit cigarette, so he is just seen constantly puffing on an unlit ciggarette, and that is just stupid.

who cares, what they're trying to say is that smoking is bad, and since ******** kids watch the show they don't want them "imitating" their actions....trust me, i know these things sweatdrop  

Historical

Historical

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:06 am
churrlo
LOL. Well I personally think he has a feminine voice when he's in the woods. But later on when you see his "true" form, he sounds more normal. But his voice is just scary ><
yeah i just realized what you mean by that....i didn't really realize why his voice changed when he showed his true face blaugh lol  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:17 pm
Yeah, but the dubbed is not there yet razz  

churrlo

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:56 pm
churrlo

Hm...You have a good point there chuurlo my friend! What if it was only in when he took over that other person's body? Hm...

If not the old hag, how about Brittney Spears?

It's like Orochimaru comes out and starts talking, then Naruto and Co. are like @_@ @.@ O.o o.O o_O O_o O.O O_O Or maybe...♥_♥ <--Sasuke.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:49 am
xd And technically Orochimaru (highlight) is in a female body, so he is a girl LOL! At least for the time being.  

churrlo

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:44 am
churrlo
xd And technically Orochimaru (highlight) is in a female body, so he is a girl LOL! At least for the time being.

Haha...good point! =D  
Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games