Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
I have Finally Figured it out... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Literate?
  Awesome
  Noes. I tak liek ths
View Results

`Mr Poke`

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:29 pm
Well I have not been on this Guild for very long, actually, I was accepted in about 2 hours ago, but anyway to the point, I have figured out why this Guild was created and here are examples why...

hotguy964
plez donate! ..dontaers wil be remeembeered
heart

saintjoey101
Wht iz joo favorate anime???
wana be ferindz?

the dark is a fraid of me
hiii plz doonate toooo mez

I can now see that this Guild was created to stop this from happening. Do not tell me "Well duh, what did you think the Guild was for." Please, like I said,
"I have not been in this Guild for a long time, and have now figured out the Guild's meaning. Thank you for your time.

Also, I'm a VC [Vice Captain] of my own Guild and if you are interested in joining please do, we are in dire need of members and some life in the Guild.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:15 am
This has been brought up before, but since you're talking about the reason that this guild is created, do you think people should be posting examples of how people type in chatspeak (or whatever you call it)? Since this guild is supposed to be about English, should we really be quoting how we don't like people to type?  

The MoUsY spell-checker

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:28 am
If we don't quote it, how else can we make fun of it? rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:09 pm
Exactly. Even though you think it should not be posted, I thought that the other members should give me their thoughts about this kind of "Talk." It is only what I think.

`Mr Poke`

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:56 pm
Mr. Poke
Exactly. Even though you think it should not be posted, I thought that the other members should give me their thoughts about this kind of "Talk." It is only what I think.

Actually, I don't think that it should not be posted. (What else would we post about?) I'm just mentioning it because there was a thread on that, and since this one's about what the guild's meaning, it's kind of relevant.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:04 pm
Shinobi 1977
And if all we do is make fun of it, how are we any better than the Grammar Nazi's?  

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

KiraLight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:51 pm
The MoUsY spell-checker
Mr. Poke

Actually, I don't think that it should not be posted. (What else would we post about?) I'm just mentioning it because there was a thread on that, and since this one's about what the guild's meaning, it's kind of relevant.
haha exactly. without all these threads making fun of other people's grammar this guild would have like 5 threads  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:18 pm
KiraLight
The MoUsY spell-checker
Mr. Poke

haha exactly. without all these threads making fun of other people's grammar this guild would have like 5 threads

He has a very good point.
Even though I don't like bashing others, It's true.

GiftNinja xD

`Mr Poke`

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:24 pm
*Very Interested*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:00 am
Shinobi 1977
4laugh  

[-True Illusion-]

Ghurdrich

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:17 pm
Shinobi 1977

I gotta say, I like making fun of illiterate people as much as the next guy, but I don't really go out of my way to do so. However, that being said, it is great fun to comment upon the mistakes of others. Just don't do it to their face, and I think it's fine. That's just my opinion, though.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:23 pm
DarkElf27
Shinobi 1977
And if all we do is make fun of it, how are we any better than the Grammar Nazi's?

As Shinobi 1977 states, we "try" to make fun of the quotes, not those who own the mouths that blabble this nonsense out.

Ghurdrich
Shinobi 1977

I gotta say, I like making fun of illiterate people as much as the next guy, but I don't really go out of my way to do so. However, that being said, it is great fun to comment upon the mistakes of others. Just don't do it to their face, and I think it's fine. That's just my opinion, though.

We don't make fun of illiterates. We just like to have safe and secure conversations over this guild to hyperventilate over thier sayings.

More or less, we don't insult. We sit back and laugh our asses off.  

Zealot of Insanity

Mangabrary

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:53 pm
Mr. Poke
Well I have not been on this Guild for very long, actually, I was accepted in about 2 hours ago, but anyway to the point, I have figured out why this Guild was created and here are examples why...

hotguy964
plez donate! ..dontaers wil be remeembeered
heart

saintjoey101
Wht iz joo favorate anime???
wana be ferindz?

the dark is a fraid of me
hiii plz doonate toooo mez

I can now see that this Guild was created to stop this from happening. Do not tell me "Well duh, what did you think the Guild was for." Please, like I said,
"I have not been in this Guild for a long time, and have now figured out the Guild's meaning. Thank you for your time.

Also, I'm a VC [Vice Captain] of my own Guild and if you are interested in joining please do, we are in dire need of members and some life in the Guild.
"Well duh, what did you think the Guild was for?"

That being said, what is your other guild about? The one you are [VC] for?  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:49 pm
Shinobi 1977

I totally agree! Stupidity should be painful. Or, at least it should be a slight prickly sensation in your extremities.  

Aramethea

Emmanuela

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:11 am
If people are stupid, don't they deserve to be made fun of? Well, with in reason anyway. But choosing to type in 'txt tlk' is just choosing to degrade your literary status, shal we say.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff