-
  Sony
  Microsoft
  Nintendo =)
View Results

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:05 pm
Yes! I'm telling you once; I'm telling you twise ?_? Okay...

This is for discussion of any game system that is not Nintendo. razz I know there is Atari and Infogamers as well as Sega, but I only choose to use the names of current cosole creators wink

You may discuss anything you want here that isn't Nintendo (entire guild) or non-game (Member Hangout) related ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:20 am
I wonder what the new hand held PlayStation will be like?..  

Aeva

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:35 pm
I'm afraid Sony did themselves yet another disfavor in making yet another proprietary format. It's not developer friendly, and it lacks third-party support. It has less than 1/5 the scheduled release games than the DS did.

It looks like a flop along the same lines as the VirtualBoy. I liked the VirtualBoy...but I'm skeptical about the PSP. I think it looks like another attempt, by yet a fifth company, to compete with the champion that is the GameBoy. The Sega, Atari, Wonderswan, and Nokia handhelds couldn't hold a candle despite certain ones (Sega's coming to mind) having superior graphics.

The mainstay of the GB series of handheld consoles is developer-friendlyness -- not proprietation. It's something that'll cause the Big N to come back with their next generation stuffs.

My projected outlook on the PSP is bad if they cannot garner third-party support. Sony has a pitiful first-party development team. They've released few hit titles and fewer top sellers. If I recall correctly...Legend of Dragoon was the best that Sony's first-party development system has ever released... I could be wrong, though. I just can't recall who made LoD...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:47 am
Whoa lots of info there! Though I did love the Legend of Dragoon game. I wish they'd bring out a sequel to it, though knowing Play Station they'd end up butchering it something awful.  

Aeva

blondiegrasshopper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:24 am
Sony and Microsoft both have good systems and some good games but the PS2 really bugs me in that it sells the most by far even though it has few great original games. If it weren't for its third party support it would be faring less well. I just really hope that Nintendo can stay in the business.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:17 pm
The DS brought a lot of TS support out of the woodwork. You'll see improvement there, but this isn't a Nintendo thread wink

What bugs me about the X-Box is the success of a very lackluster game -- Halo and Halo 2. I was also disappointed that Fable didn't live up to my expectations sad If the hype had been true, I'd have bought an X-Box just for that game. It was another Halo, unfortunately, in RPG form crying

Panzer Dragoon Orta and Crimson Skies are probably the best the X-Box has to offer, but I don't see those two games as enough to buy the system whee If it had more games that I like, I might have added it to my collection.

The PS2 several games that I like, but it has many more that I don't. I have a fairly good sized collection from my favorite systems, Big N and non ^_^  

Edymion
Captain

Aeva

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:53 pm
My favourite game for the PS2 would have to be Dark Chronicles. I'm playing it just now, though it does take a long time to get through all the different sections it's still fun! 3nodding
Fable was ok I guess. My Uncle has an X-Box and he completed the game. I liked how much you could change your character, but the monsters scared me. domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:39 pm
ninja I might go with Kingdom Hearts for its story and gameplay elements for the PS2. I must say...the game impressed me.  

Edymion
Captain

Lupin The Great

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:24 pm
You guys know that the PSP comes out tomorrow. stressed crying  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:17 pm
I actually hope it doesn't bomb as bad as I think it will sweatdrop

The DS and GBA may be better, in my opinion, but the system could show some promise. Then again...it is way to proprietary...and not even SquareEnix has a game even scheduled for the thing. SquareEnix has already announced a DS game O_o That's actually not a good sign for the PSP.  

Edymion
Captain

Lupin The Great

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:10 pm
I sad. crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:17 pm
Everyone is ignoring me because I have a DS. My friend has a PSP he's getting all the attention, what should I do. crying crying  

Lupin The Great

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:55 pm
Ignore them wink Believe it or not, that garners a lot of attention. The PSP is hyped because of its MP3 capabilities.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:53 pm
Some of my friends were talking about "dead pixels" in the PSP? And how if your PSP has some "dead pixels", it will most likely not be exchanged for another PSP. xp  

_CFTM
Crew

Aeva

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:54 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
Nintendo Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items