Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)
[GUIDE] Meditation Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dokt0rGunn

Tipsy Codger

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:50 pm
All right, I'm going to be teaching meditation I guess - well I'm going to start with the basics - how to meditate.

Lesson One: A Basic Beginning to Meditation

Before beginning a meditation always prepare a pen and notebook - this is where you will record information about the meditation after meditating - going back and reading this book later may give you insights.

Step One: Opening Your Chakras

Okay, yes I know this is Wicca - however you'd be surprised at the number of Wiccan books that involve Chakras.

When beginning a meditation always open all your chakras first. To do this begin by sitting, laying or standing comfortably, but make sure your back is straight all the way to your head - (Sitting up straight, standing striaght or laying straight is important.) Now that you've done this focus on each chakra, and open them here is a brief explaination of chakras:

Chakra One: Red
Earth, Physical identity, oriented to self-preservation
Located at the base of the spine, this chakra forms our foundation. It represents the element earth, and is therefore related to our survival instincts, and to our sense of grounding and connection to our bodies and the physical plane. Ideally this chakra brings us health, prosperity, security, and dynamic presence.

Chakra Two: Orange
Water, Emotional identity, oriented to self-gratification
The second chakra, located in the abdomen, lower back, and sexual organs, is related to the element water, and to emotions and sexuality. It connects us to others through feeling, desire, sensation, and movement. Ideally this chakra brings us fluidity and grace, depth of feeling, sexual fulfillment, and the ability to accept change.

Chakra Three: Yellow
Fire, Ego identity, oriented to self-definition
This chakra is known as the power chakra, located in the solar plexus. It rules our personal power, will, and autonomy, as well as our metabolism. When healthy, this chakra brings us energy, effectiveness, spontaneity, and non-dominating power.

Chakra Four: Green
Air, Social identity, oriented to self-acceptance
This chakra is called the heart chakra and is the middle chakra in a system of seven. It is related to love and is the integrator of opposites in the psyche: mind and body, male and female, persona and shadow, ego and unity. A healthy fourth chakra allows us to love deeply, feel compassion, have a deep sense of peace and centeredness.

Chakra Five: Blue
Sound, Creative identity, oriented to self-expression
This is the chakra located in the throat and is thus related to communication and creativity. Here we experience the world symbolically through vibration, such as the vibration of sound representing language.

Chakra Six: Blue-Purple
Light, Archetypal identity, oriented to self-reflection
This chakra is known as the brow chakra or third eye center. It is related to the act of seeing, both physically and intuitively. As such it opens our psychic faculties and our understanding of archetypal levels. When healthy it allows us to see clearly, in effect, letting us "see the big picture."

Chakra Seven: Purple
Thought, Universal identity, oriented to self-knowledge
This is the crown chakra that relates to consciousness as pure awareness. It is our connection to the greater world beyond, to a timeless, spaceless place of all-knowing. When developed, this chakra brings us knowledge, wisdom, understanding, spiritual connection, and bliss.

Step Two: Entering a Focused State

Once you've opened your chakras you can begin your meditation - close your eyes or leave them open, whatever is more comfortable for you - breath in and out evenly and listen to each breath - focus on the breath and only the breath. Now breath in and out at a steady pace - once you have that mastered breath in for 20 counts, hold the air for 20 counts and release it for 20 counts. Once you feel at peace with you breathing move onto the next step. Find your center - focus on the idea of your center.

At this point one would begin a meditation - some visual, some focusing on certain thoughts, feelings, or conditions. However for now just focus on your center and the light you feel there.

Final Step: After the Meditation

When you finish open your eyes. Do NOT move immediatly instead allow yourself to slowly return, stay relaxed there for a time before moving, also before you move you should close your chakras, this is one of the important things to do after meditating or else you are leaving yourself open to negative feelings and emotions of others.

Now the first thing you should do after moving again is write in that notebook your were supposed to prepare at the beginning - write down the details of what you felt, what you might do different next time.

Now go eat and drink something, personally I recommend an orange and some tea - but just eat something - Believe me when I say you need some food to ground you after a meditation.

And that's the first leason - I'll post more specific meditations soon, I hoped that helped - if you have any questions please PM me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:49 pm
Lesson Two: Calming Down, A Chi Exercise

Before you start remember to get a notebook out.

Step One: Music

Meditating music - something peaceful - for this one I would suggest something energizing as well as peaceful.

Step Two: Chakras

First you must open your chakras - for information on that scroll up to a previous post with information on that.

Step Three: Position and Breathing

For this meditation you must be standing feet shoulder width appart, your chakras still aligned (so your back must be straight all the way to the top of your head.

Now breath in and out at a steady pace - once you have that mastered breath in for 20 counts, hold the air for 20 counts and release it for 20 counts. Once you feel at peace with you breathing move onto the next step.

Step Four: Chi

First of all what is Chi? Chi is the circulating life energy that in Chinese philosophy is thought to be inherent in all things; in traditional Chinese medicine the balance of negative and positive forms in the body is believed to be essential for good health. If Chi doesn't have free passage through you than you will be stressed, and sick - so this will free you up.

Step Five: An Energy Orb

In your hands a little above your waist - you hold an Orb of energy, it might feel warm or tingle a little, now move it around in your hands a little - when the time feels right spread it out to surrond you - bring your hands above your head and feel the Orb flow around and in you.

Once again when it feels right move it back to that small Orb and put it into yourself - or rather release it into yourself.

Step Six: After the Meditation

When you finish open your eyes. Do NOT move immediatly instead allow yourself to slowly return, stay relaxed there for a time before moving, also before you move you should close your chakras, this is one of the important things to do after meditating or else you are leaving yourself open to negative feelings and emotions of others.

Now the first thing you should do after moving again is write in that notebook your were supposed to prepare at the beginning - write down the details of what you felt, what you might do different next time.

Now go eat and drink something, personally I recommend an orange and some tea personally - but just eat something - Believe me when I say you need good clean food after a meditation.

Sources

Meditation Based On One From: Discover Inner Peace : A Guide to Spiritual Well-Being By, Mike George

Notes:

- First of all I'm going to be gone until...Hmm the 22th and I probably can't post until the 24th

- Also the next meditation I'll post when I get back will have more to do with Wicca - these are mostly just starter steps. (I recommend you master the first lesson completely before starting the second.)

-I'm posting another lesson right away on your inner Garden just incase you need something to do this week - the Garden Meditation (If you do it properly) Can take well over a week to complete.

Dokt0rGunn

Tipsy Codger

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

Dokt0rGunn

Tipsy Codger

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:52 pm
Lesson Three: Meditating On Your Inner Garden

Inside you - you have a garden, this garden is your sanctuary - you secret place, your love, your joy - it's everything that makes you up. Before you start prepare a notebook and pen or pencil to write in after your meditation.

First you must open your chakras - for information on that scroll up to a previous post with information on that.

Once you've opened your chakras you can begin your meditation - close your eyes or leave them open, whatever is more comfortable for you - breath in and out evenly and listen to each breath - focus on the breath and only the breath. When you've found your center - your point of focus you can begin a self guided tour through your mind. At first this may hard to do - just focus on the garden and don't let other thoughts intrude, that is the important part.

Step Three: Your Garden

Now you are entering your garden, ahead is the gate, is it open or closed? Iron, Wood, Stone? What does it look like - once you've studied the gate enter through it into your garden.

For your first visit it will probably be overrun with weed and vines, is there a fountain in your garden? A water fall? Trees, flowers, cabbages? Whatever is there it's going to need some work - plant things in your garden, clean out the dead leaves, the weeds - begin to fix your garden up - you shouldn't do everything at once, one thing per visit is advisible - (It's best to not be tired out by too much work when this is supposed to be an energizing experiance.)

Step Four: After the Meditation

When you finish all the cleaning your going to do leave your garden and return to yourself where you are sitting or laying. Do NOT move immediatly instead allow yourself to slowly return, stay relaxed there for a time before moving, also before you move you should close your chakras, this is one of the important things to do after meditating or else you are leaving yourself open to negative feelings and emotions of others.

Now the first thing you should do after moving again is write in that notebook your were supposed to prepare at the beginning - write down the details that caught your eye in your garden, or seemed important very important for some reason.

Now go eat and drink something, personally I recommend an orange and some tea personally - but just eat something - Believe me when I say you need good clean food after a meditation.

Note:

- As I said I won't be posting until the 24th thus the second meditation. Also as I said a more Wicca geared meditation will be posted as soon as I return.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:22 am
Lesson Four: Finding Your Patron God/Goddess

A patron god/goddess is the god/goddess who chooses you - they perhaps have something important to teach you, or maybe you simply fit well with them, this will help you find and communicate with them.

Once again I ask that you prepare that notebook.

Once you've opened your chakras you can begin your meditation - close your eyes or leave them open, whatever is more comfortable for you - breath in and out evenly and listen to each breath - focus on the breath and only the breath. When you've found your center - your point of focus you can begin.

Step Three: The Meditation

You are standing in front of a set of gates, don't try to imagine them - simply allow your mind to see them, what do the gates look like, are the open or closed? The gates lead to perhaps a forest, or a park with a lake - it could be anything once again merely look, it will be shown to you. In this place there is some sort of path - the path may be anything, an animal track anything at all.

Follow the path - walk down the path until you see something on the ground bend down and pick it up. What is it? An Oak leaf? A Rose? What is it made of? This is a symbol of your patron god/goddess.

Continue down the path now - don't forget to carry the token with you, this is something you should keep. Now you will arrive at a place of immense beauty - perhaps a stream or waterfall in the forest, whatever it is this is where your patron god/goddess is waiting for you. Study them this first time, don't talk - simply observe, they will watch you too.

When you finish and return to yourself where you are sitting or laying. Do NOT move immediately instead allow yourself to slowly return, stay relaxed there for a time before moving, also before you move you should close your chakras, this is one of the important things to do after meditating or else you are leaving yourself open to negative feelings and emotions of others.

Now the first thing you should do after moving again is write in that notebook your were supposed to prepare at the beginning - write down the details that caught your eye in your garden, or seemed important very important for some reason.

After this is all over go here http://www.spiritonline.com/gods/ type in the symbol you saw, or simply search through the various gods and goddesses for the one you saw. I know that I found a rose and searched discovering that this was for Aphrodite.

Note:

This lesson will be continued later, it will be a lesson about going back and speaking to the god/goddess - first through you should find them.

Also if you have an input on my class or questions I once again remind you to PM me.

Dokt0rGunn

Tipsy Codger

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

Dokt0rGunn

Tipsy Codger

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:43 pm
Lesson Five: Stone Circle

Okay - before we meditate more on your Patron god and goddess I'm going to post a guided visual meditation - this means you will focus on a particular storyline - and guess what you are the main character.

Don't forget to prepare your notebook.

Once you've opened your chakras you can begin your meditation - close your eyes or leave them open, whatever is more comfortable for you - breath in and out evenly and listen to each breath - focus on the breath and only the breath. When you've found your center - your point of focus you can begin.

You are sitting in the middle of a stone circle - this circle is on top of a hill, as you sit look up at the sky, there is the moon - feel the Goddess's love fill you.

Stand up in the circle - as you stand up feel the earth - it holds you up, it is sturdy and supportive.

Walk forward out of the circle, ahead of you is a stream, soft water flows through it - bend to the water and allow it to flow over your hands prehaps bend and drink some. Feel the water's refreshing touch.

As you stand you can see on the other side of the circle a flicker of light - step past the stream - walk forward - as you walk forward the flicker gets clearer it is a campfire - the flame is warm and comforting - warm yourself at the fire and feel it's energy.

Once you are warm continue forward - dawn breaks the sky ahead of you - as you see the dawn float up into the sky - feel the air support you - flow with it, feel it within yourself.

As you float up the sun comes out in full glory - to look upon it does not hurt your eyes - drift toward the light and feel the Gods warmth and love fill you - connecting with the love of the Goddess and making things clear.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:33 pm
Lesson Six: Your Patron God/Goddess Part Two

This meditation will involve speaking with your Patron God/Goddess

Once again I ask that you prepare that notebook.

You are standing in front of the same set of gates as last time, as before the gates lead to perhaps a forest, or a park with a lake. Follow the path as you did last time.

Your patron God/Goddess is waiting for you - speak with them - ask them questions or simple speak with them - prehaps feast with them. Once your finished leave back down the path and out.

When you finish and return to yourself where you are sitting or laying. Do NOT move immediately instead allow yourself to slowly return, stay relaxed there for a time before moving, also before you move you should close your chakras, this is one of the important things to do after meditating or else you are leaving yourself open to negative feelings and emotions of others.

Note:

I'd love any input you might have - please PM me with and questions or comments you might have.

Dokt0rGunn

Tipsy Codger

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

Dokt0rGunn

Tipsy Codger

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:00 pm
Lesson Seven: Your Aura (Meditative Shield)

For this lesson you will learn how to change your own aura - this has nothing to do with anyone elses Aura - only yours. Once again don't forget to write in your notebook about this experiance.

I consider this form of Aura your meditative shield - why? It is around you like a shield - it affects others - it can be accessed through meditation - so for the purposes of this lesson think of your aura as your shield.

Step One:Aura Color Meanings

RED AURA COLOR: Relates to the physical body, hart or circulation. The densest color, it creates the most friction. Friction attracts or repels; money worries or obsessions; anger or unforgiveness; anxiety or nervousness

Deep Red: Grounded, realistic, active, strong will-power, survival-oriented.

Muddied red: Anger (repelling).

Clear red: Powerful, energetic, competitive, sexual, passionate.

Pink-bright and light: Loving, tender, sensitive, sensual, artistic, affection, purity, compassion.

Dark and murky pink: Immature and/or dishonest.

Orange Red: Confidence, creative power.

In a good, bright and pure state, red energy can serve as a healthy ego.

ORANGE AURA COLOR: Relates to reproductive organs and emotions. The color of vitality, vigor, good health and excitement. Lots of energy and stamina, creative, productive, adventurous, courageous, outgoing social nature; currently experiencing stress related to apetites and addictions;

Orange-Yellow: Creative, intelligent, detail oriented, perfectionist, scientific.

YELLOW AURA COLOR: Relates to the spleen and life energy. It is the color of awakening, inspiration, intelligence and action shared, creative, playful, optimistic, easy-going.

Light or pale yellow: Emerging psychic and spiritual awareness; optimism and hopefulness; positive excitement about new ideas.

Bright lemon-yellow: Struggling to maintain power and control in a personal or business relationship; fear of losing control, prestige, respect, and/or power.

Clear gold metallic, shiny and bright: Spiritual energy and power activated and awakened; an inspired person.

Dark brownish yellow or gold: A student, or one who is straining at studying; overly analitical to the point of feeling fatigued or stressed; trying to make up for "lost time" by learning everything all at once.

GREEN AURA COLOR: Relates to heart and lungs. It is a very comfortable, healthy color of nature. When seen in the aura this usually represents growth and balance, and most of all, something that leads to change. Love of people, animals, nature; teacher; social

Bright emerald green: A healer, also a love-centered person

Yellow-Green: Creative with heart, communicative

Dark or muddy forest green: Jealousy, resentment, feeling like a victim of the world; blaming self or others; insecurity and low self-esteem; lack of understanding personal responsibility; sensitive to perceived criticism

Turquoise: Relates to the immune system. Sensitive, compassionate, healer, therapist.

BLUE AURA COLOR: Relates to the throat, thyroid. Cool, calm, and collected. Caring, loving, love to help others, sensitive, intuitive.

Soft blue: Peacefulness, clarity and communication; truthful; intuitive

Bright royal blue: Clairvoyant; highly spiritual nature; generous; on the right path; new opportunities are comming

Dark or muddy blue: Fear of the future; fear of self-expression; fear of facing or speaking the truth

INDIGO AURA COLOR: Relates to the third eye, visual and pituitary gland. Intuitive, sensitive, deep feeling.

VIOLET AURA COLOR: Relates to crown, pineal gland and nervous system. The most sensitive and wisest of colors. This is the intuitive color in the aura, and reveals psychic power of attunement with self. Intuitive, visionary, futuristic, idealistic, artistic, magical.

LAVENDER AURA COLOR: Imagination, visionary, daydreamer, etheric.

SILVER AURA COLOR: This is the color of abundance, both spiritual and physical. Lots of bright silver can reflect to plenty of money, and/or awakening of the cosmic mind.

Bright metallic silver: Receptive to new ideas; intuitive; nurturing

Dark and muddy gray: Residue of fear is accumulating in the body, with a potential for health problems, especially if gray clusteres seen in specific areas of the body

GOLD AURA COLOR: The color of enlightenment and divine protection. When seen within the aura, it says that the person is being guided by their highest good. It is divine guidance. Protection, wisdom, inner knowledge, spiritual mind, intuitive thinker.

BLACK AURA COLOR: Draws or pulls energy to it and in so doing, transforms it. It captures light and consumes it. Usually indicates long-term unforgiveness (toward others or another) collected in a specific area of the body, which can lead to health problems; also, entitities within a person's aura, chakras, or body; past life hurts; unreleased grief from abortions if it appears in the ovaries

WHITE AURA COLOR: Reflects other energy. A pure state of light. Often represents a new, not yet designated energy in the aura. Spiritual, etheric and non-physical qualities, transcendent, higher dimensions. Purity and truth; angelic qualities.

White sparkles or flashes of white light: good spirits are nearby; can indicate that the person is pregnant or will be soon

EARTH AURA COLORS: Soil, wood, mineral, plant. These colors display a love of the Earth, of being grounded and is seen in those who live and work on the outdoors....construction, farming, etc. These colors are important and are a good sign.

RAINBOWS: Rainbow-colored stripes, sticking out like sunbeams from the hand, head or body: A Reiki healer, or a starperson (someone who is in the first incarnation on Earth)

PASTELS: A sensitive blend of light and color, more so than basic colors. Shows sensitivity and a need for serenity.

DIRTY BROWN OVERLAY: Holding on to energies. Insecurity.

DIRTY GRAY OVERLY: Blocking energies. Guardedness

Step Two: Opening Your Chakras

Step Three: Your Aura to Start

Close your eyes or keep them open whatever is better for you, focus on your present aura, there should be two colors - the one close to you or beaming out in rays is your personal color this can't change it's part of who you are, the second is what you are sending out into the world - this one you can change - what color is it? What color do you see coming from you - is it strong? Or weak? How far does it spread out?

First of all if your light, or protective circle is close to you and small then you are too closed off, if it's very large and stretched feeling than that is a sign that you are too expansive, trying to affect too much.

What color is your aura? What does that color mean?

Step Four: Creating A Positive Aura

Now it's time to change your Second Color in your Aura - if your color is negative change it by focusing on the color changing. Also focus on what the negative aura means changing into the meaning of a positive aura of your choice - if your Aura is a positive color then leave it there.

The size of your aura can be a problem - large is healthy but not to the point where it swells or stretches. Focus to change this as well.

Note: Your first Aura is never negative. If your first color was a muddy red it doesn't mean you are perminantly angry, it could however mean that your protective and that this can cause anger.

Step Five: After the Meditation

When you finish do NOT move immediatly instead allow yourself to slowly return, stay relaxed there for a time before moving, also before you move you should close your chakras, this is one of the important things to do after meditating or else you are leaving yourself open to negative feelings and emotions of others.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:15 pm
you can't really 'open' your chakras... if they were closed, you couldn't have any worries nore happiness... it would be like-- lifeless. lol The only two chakras you can actually open are the third eye and the crown.

Third eye- moon

crown- mercury

so I kind of suggest you personally do these two chakra's on two seperate personal days because these are the most hardest to actually use/open. Like for the third eye, do it on a monday and do "oaaaam" chants. (yes, thats a real meditation. lol) when you do it right, you can actually feel your third eye physically vidrating.

And as for the crown, good luck. Only the highest of alchemists and sorcerers could actually be able to fully use this chakra. It's a very hard task.

lol sorry, I couldn't help but adding onto it.  

.p.l.a.s.t.i.c s.t.a.r.s.

Ichiro Fuma

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:07 pm
.p.l.a.s.t.i.c s.t.a.r.s.
you can't really 'open' your chakras... if they were closed, you couldn't have any worries nore happiness... it would be like-- lifeless. lol The only two chakras you can actually open are the third eye and the crown.

Third eye- moon

crown- mercury

so I kind of suggest you personally do these two chakra's on two seperate personal days because these are the most hardest to actually use/open. Like for the third eye, do it on a monday and do "oaaaam" chants. (yes, thats a real meditation. lol) when you do it right, you can actually feel your third eye physically vidrating.

And as for the crown, good luck. Only the highest of alchemists and sorcerers could actually be able to fully use this chakra. It's a very hard task.

lol sorry, I couldn't help but adding onto it.

I think it's spelled "Ohm". Just putting in my 2 cents.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:38 pm
I found this guide really useful: thank you! heart  

Aurellion

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:36 am
I find this class very helpful, because I am never able to meditate properly. Thank you very much.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:50 pm
The only ones I have open are my third eye and solar plexus. I see no reason for the others.  

shmully

illusen729

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:26 am
Very helpful! But that link in lesson four doesn't work.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:12 pm
You are good about providing details, but how exactly does one "open" a chakra?  

Innes Rosewater

Sakugo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:10 pm
Innes, I have read recently that you open your chakras by imagining them rose buds, and as you open each induviually, imagine them blooming into a rose.
Repeat in reverse to close them...

As for hold your breath for 20 counts, I found that I could not hold my breath for 20 counts, but for 10...and so that's what I did...Is that acceptable..?

*~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff