Back to Guilds

Tags: neopets, neopia 

Reply Pets, Petpets, and the Lab Ray
Lab Ray Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it a good idea to get the full lab map?
  no
  yes
  i dont know
View Results

Janviarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:24 am
I dont know i'm just wondering what you guys think  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:28 am
The Lab Ray is totally worth it. I got a Ghost pet and an Electric pet out of it, plus my pets keep getting their stats (or even levels) raised by 2-3 points at a time.

But if you're dead set on keeping your pet a certain species/color, you should also keep a Morphing Potion and a paintbrush or two on hand, and there's a chance it may change gender, which can't be affected except by Lab Ray again.

Also, because it's so expensive, I suggest saving your NP in the Bank until you can afford a few pieces of the Map at once (if you don't have them all already). That way, you can upgrade your account type, and the interest will help you earn your NP back a little faster.

Cassidy Peterson
Captain

Garbage

Janviarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:11 pm
wow, then its a good thing i got the whole set

........my foot is alseep...... neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:18 pm
my friend has it, and the only major thing it's done is change her neopet's gender. which is a total ripoff, cause we need that neopet to be a GUY.  

Sweetskies98494

Cassidy Peterson
Captain

Garbage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:34 pm
maecie
my friend has it, and the only major thing it's done is change her neopet's gender. which is a total ripoff, cause we need that neopet to be a GUY.

Yeah, sometimes I adopt pets and Lab Ray them, and a pet whose name said it was female got changed to male. I stopped putting my main into the Lab Ray after that, because I don't need a male pet named Cassidy, and don't want to risk the negative affects I'd have to go through before I'd get another gender switch sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:56 pm
the lab ray is definatley worth the 500k it costs to get smile so far i've had my xweetok turn pink and i had an orange shoyru at one stage aswell. so yeah, get it if you can afford it! 4laugh  

Mechanical.Heart

Neo Princess Emeraude

Intellectual Mage

14,475 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:20 pm
The lab ray is very cool. I have good stats on my first pet because of it and it is fun for them to change colors..it pays for itself in the long run. Plus you can eventually get many species avators and stuff if you are patient. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:35 am
yup thats why i got and you dont have to buy the paintbrushes to get the avatars or make a new pet and then put it in the pound just to get the avatars but the hard part is that you have to wait and that can take forever.................  

Janviarius

fart6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:01 pm
methinks that its a good idea...cuz all i have is one piece! gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:40 pm
yes yet no the lab ray can do some pretty cool stuff to your pet but then you can lose stats change genders or worse get a ugly pet with an ugly color  

[P.O.P.T.A.R.T]

is what we aim for cute

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:45 am
Its prety much up to you. I have one but my brother bought it on my name way a long time ago like 3 or 4 yrs ago when they were cheep not knowing what they were...now i have it...Its good (hence all meh pets are painted) but I wouldn't use it on a rare pet...unless your not afraid of it changing species!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:48 pm
How do you do it? I mean, I know you buy the pieces from the shop, but does every piece have to look different or does it matter? I was thinking about starting to save up for it so I can adopt pets from the pound like I already do, then fix them up and use the ray on them.  

nikkild13696

Cassidy Peterson
Captain

Garbage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:42 am
nikkild13696
How do you do it? I mean, I know you buy the pieces from the shop, but does every piece have to look different or does it matter? I was thinking about starting to save up for it so I can adopt pets from the pound like I already do, then fix them up and use the ray on them.

There are nine different pieces. You need one of each - a complete map - in order to use the ray.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:43 am
I think it is a good idea. I have the lab ray, but I didn't buy them all. Half of the pieces I found. I think it would be cheaper then to buy paintbrushs if you want to paint your pet. biggrin  

stargal368

ixan10

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:27 pm
I only need 4 more pieces, and my pets are painted!!  
Pets, Petpets, and the Lab Ray

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff