Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Isnt it a bother to type like this? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dosent it seem like it is difficult to type like this?
  It sure is
  Nope, I find it eaiser then typing in english
  Typing it??? Talk about reading it I dont understand a single word this person said!
  I am the Poll Whore *steals 10 gold* MUAHAHAHAHAH The Gold is Mine!!!
View Results

Kovos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:18 pm
From Big_Bong_Kitty:
Quote:
SO LYKe MY MOMMY TOLD ME THAT IF I R WANTZ HER TO LUFF ME DEN I HAVE TO R GET JUWISHAFIED!!!!! BUT I R DON'T WANT TO BE JEW GBUT I DO WANT MY MOOMY TO LOVE ME????? Y WONT MY MOOMY LUV ME IF I R JEW OR NOT???? SHE SAID THAT IF I WANTED CEX I WOULD HAVE TO BE TEH JEW????

WTF IZ RONG WIT DIS????????

Is this understandable? I know most people can read this but doesn't it seem like a bother to type this?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:05 pm
That message scares small children... and teddy bears. Wow. That's demented. Religion's never been an important part of my life.

xx____Riku

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:20 pm
I find typing liek that difficult because I never typed like that, even before being used to it, and I am so used to being literate now.

But i felt my IQ drop when I read that, by about 12 points.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:25 pm
Quote:
SO LYKe MY MOMMY TOLD ME THAT IF I R WANTZ HER TO LUFF ME DEN I HAVE TO R GET JUWISHAFIED!!!!! BUT I R DON'T WANT TO BE JEW GBUT I DO WANT MY MOOMY TO LOVE ME????? Y WONT MY MOOMY LUV ME IF I R JEW OR NOT???? SHE SAID THAT IF I WANTED CEX I WOULD HAVE TO BE TEH JEW????

WTF IZ RONG WIT DIS????????

I shall translate the best I can

Quote:
So, like, my mommy told me that if I want her to love me, then I would have to get jewishafied (means convert to the jewish faith)! But I don't want to be jewish, but I want my mommy to love me. Why won't my mommy love me if I'm a jew or not? She said if I wanted sex I would have to be a jew.

What the ******** is wrong with this?

I can tell him so mabny things wrog with what he typed....So many things...  

lola_siannodel

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:59 pm
Here we have yet another example of how some people would rather put in the effort to type a message that most people don't understand and won't care to try to read than to type in plain English.

I suppose typing in all capital letters is easier than alternate caps.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:44 pm
I don't get it..He has to be a Jew to have sex??  

KiraLight

LifeIsAGlitch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:49 pm
Wow..... That's amazingly hard to read. And there's so much wrong with it. And that's not counting grammar and spelling errors. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:36 pm
I don't really understand what they said.And yes,it really is easier typing normally than in.....whatever that person was trying to do.I was terrified when I barely had a glance of it.  

[-Nibbles-]

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:52 pm
No, just no! gonk *splashes eyes with bleach*

That's wrong on so many levels. Seriously disturbing.

Just a note: If the vote to create a subforum goes through, this thread and others like it will be moved there.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:32 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.That is so anoying but some people get mad at me cuse I can't spell to goodUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Joey Wortham

Sachiko13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:24 am
i swear i felt my brain leaking out when i read that, not only because of the spelling and grammar, but also because of the stupidity of the mother. excuse me while i go blow out the section of my brain that will keep that stored in it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:56 pm
In the Netherlands there's a whole other kind of kewl talk/1337 talk: BrEeZaH talk. Just go here for a breezah generator (tick the box on the right). Try 'translating' something and tell me what you think:

Is Breezah easier to read than 1337 or not?

I'd prefer Breezah to 1337, at least Breezah is somewhat readable rolleyes

Eurykleia

Mia Eidenschink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:36 pm
To me, it takes longer to type like that, because I have to sit and think about what the words mean and how to disfigure them. Take 1337 for example, replacing letters with numbers and symbols. One has to sit there for a moment to decifer it. Why? I do not understand!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:37 pm
Eurykleia
In the Netherlands there's a whole other kind of kewl talk/7331 talk: BrEeZaH talk. Just go here for a breezah generator (tick the box on the right). Try 'translating' something and tell me what you think:

Is Breezah easier to read than 7331 or not?

I'd prefer Breezah to 7331, at least Breezah is somewhat readable rolleyes

That has made me cry... crying Some one had way to much free time on their hands.  

Mia Eidenschink

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Who voted the second option "Nope, I find it eaiser then typing in english"? eek

(By the way, shouldn't it be than as opposed to then?)  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff