Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Australia is...
  Full of poisonous creatures
  Friendly to visitors especially in the Commonwealth
  Bestest place on earth to live
  Looks like a good time to take the gold.(poll ho)
View Results

kruegs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:25 pm
I need info from the people in the know. I will be visiting Australia in June-August. (I am from Canada.) I wonder if there are any things that I should know before I get there, that would be helpful. I will be in Sydney, Cairns, and Alice Springs. I will appreciate any good comments. heart

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:31 pm
*waves* well talk to warrior shadow he's from arround alice springs im from sydney but i dont get out much probly the rocks is a nice lace to go, australia is a great place to come and see atm its winter so its pretty cold.
and Dna and scruffy and a few others are from the Qld Area...
ask them about cairns ^^;  

Alexie_dennison

6,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200

Slaughtervain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:09 pm
all depends on what your into when visiting Sydney, i went to Cairns myself in 1999 and it is a great place to visit at that time of year because it aint so hot  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:24 pm
Alexie_dennison
*waves* well talk to warrior shadow he's from arround alice springs im from sydney but i dont get out much probly the rocks is a nice lace to go, australia is a great place to come and see atm its winter so its pretty cold.

if shes from canada, the cold pretty muich is nothing ehre compared to ther xd , never been to cairns, but watch out for the odd cyclone i imagine, theres another one up north atm.... umm yeah never been north of fortitude valley, and i live 20km from it... xd  

scruffy012

nrasjaa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:36 am
i say dont drive. sydney to cairns is like a 3 day drive, and from brisbane its a 3 and a half days drive to the boarder to NT dunno how much more it is to go all the way into alice springs.

yea so dont drive.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:58 pm
Cairns is hot take t-shirts! heart  

StarAD

kruegs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:42 pm
scruffy012
Alexie_dennison

if shes from canada, the cold pretty muich is nothing ehre compared to ther xd , never been to cairns, but watch out for the odd cyclone i imagine, theres another one up north atm.... umm yeah never been north of fortitude valley, and i live 20km from it... xd

User ImageThe whole cold thing. I think I remember a travel book saying something about the weather getting as low as 12 degrees centigrade in some of the places we plan to go. My best friend and I couldn't help but lol since that is the low on a nice spring day in Canada.User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:27 pm
Well, Sydney can get down to as low as 10 degrees at night. You head out west towards the mountains and your gunna get to lows of 2 degrees and lower at night. Most of the time during the day its a warm 25 degrees but the that southerly picks up and if its been snowing it is fricking freezing.

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

JewelsSparkle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:19 am
kruegs
The whole cold thing. I think I remember a travel book saying something about the weather getting as low as 12 degrees centigrade in some of the places we plan to go. My best friend and I couldn't help but lol since that is the low on a nice spring day in Canada.User Image

xd reminds me of moving from Canberra to Melbourne... they have similar weather, but Canberra is definately colder & Melbourne is windier. (Also, Melbournians whinge about the cold more than Canberrans do... we only whinge when there's frost on the lawns in November.... Summer shouldn't = frost.)

Anyway, I now live in Melbourne & was at work the other day, wearing a thin backless top, over another thin skivvy.

Me: "Yeah, I was in a rush this morning & couldn't pick a jacket that looked anything other than stupid (with that shirt), so I just went without. It doesn't look too bad outside."
Workmate: "What? Are you crazy? It's only gonna get up to 16 (Celcius) today!"
*Pause*
Me: "I'm from Canberra."
Workmate: "Oh yeah, I forgot! 16 is like summer for you, isn't it?"
Me: "Well, more like late spring..." blaugh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:55 am
We dont keep Kangaroos as pets.
But they do - infact - taste good. :B

The Milleh Machine

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:18 am
Roadkill Zuchinni
Taste just like chicken. xd Or was that crocodile? confused rofl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:08 am
bohemian_wild_child
Roadkill Zuchinni
Taste just like chicken. xd Or was that crocodile? confused rofl

actually they dont taste to much different to beef....i love when my mum cooks it because, she melts peanut butter and vegimite together and uses that to marinade the meat, and then we bbq the meat and it tastes kinda like satay its soooo good... smile  

Eternal_Rose_89

FuzzylilPenguin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:48 pm
Do you eat alot of fish there? I just wondered cause my teachers said when he visited it there was alot of fish and chips places razz  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:25 am
There are a lot of take away places that sell fish'n'chips, but I prefer fresh fish that I've caught myself.

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

kruegs

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:21 pm
Would you say that fish is a fairly low priced item in Australia? Since the majority of the populton and the places I will be visiting are along the coast line I wondered about this. When I am travelling it would be nice to find things that are not expensive to eat. ninja  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff