Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
ETSY Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

have you heard of etsy or is this post pointless
  of course i have who do you think i am?
  um....ebay for craftsters!?!? your joking right?
View Results

Torisami

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:14 pm
ok who wants to hear the story of my life? no? too bad muahah
so it all started one day when my anime friend introduced me to gaia which i loved because i found this forum/guild thingy, and though i hardly posted i got soo many ideas from here. and then someone on here mentioned craftster (www.craftster.org). which is now my home page i love it so much. and THEN someone on craftster mentioned etsy (www.etsy.com) where i just set up a shop and am now selling the things i make. im soo excited. but anyways, back to the point of this post. its thanks to you guys here that i know about craftster and etsy so i figured if there is anyone left on here that hasn't heard of either of them they better get their butt moving.

ok i luv ya buh bye
heart morgan heart

ps- check me out www.sunlightatmidnight.etsy.com  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:15 pm
ya...there was another option for that poll heheh
i have no idea what happened there whee  

Torisami

Tes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:48 pm
~
What happened was you didn't press add option you just filled it out and pressed send smile

I'm not really sure what all your post is about but I like etsy.com, thanks for the link

~

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:05 pm
ahah oops
thanks
its basicly saying thanks to whoever told me about craftster, and then returning the favor if anyone hasn't heard of craftster and/or etsy yet blaugh  

Torisami

Tes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:12 pm
~
how well do things sell there?
I mean the number of people who are shopping and are not crafty is important and it doesn't seem to have the popularity or exposure as some bigger sites.
It is nice that it's specialized though.

~

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:29 pm
um..ive only been a member for about a week now and ive already sold something, but from what ive heard its a relatively new site and is still trying desperatly to get the word out (one of the reasons i started this post). and yes most of the people who visit there are crafty themselves which makes it less likely for them to buy something cause they might think they could just make it themself. oh well  

Torisami

[Grendel]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:34 pm
I'm a member whee

I'm not selling anything on there yet as I'm probably having some of my stuff sold at a festival at the end of the year and I'm trying to make a bunch of stuff for that. But I did buy I lovely handmade wooden pen. I love browsing and getting inspiration from what other people have made.

Also craftster is love heart  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:57 am
My name is happychildhood on Etsy. I started my goodies for sale at low prices and I've sold some stuff. I heart Etsy! It is really inexpensive to sell things and you get to have a little shop of all your goodies that can just sit there for months if no one buys anything.
Also, you get to see what other crafty people are making.
I need to learn how to use a drop spindle so I can spin my own yarn!
Yes, lots of crafty people visit there and get inspired (me too!), but there are things I don't want to have to make myself and things other people have spent years perfecting.
Some of my favorite sellers are:
Gudonya - great smelling bath and beauty goodies
inhope - yummy yarns and totes
jellyandanchovy - very nice stationary
squidglass - neat glass pendants
tigerlillyshop - plastic jewelry
metalvic - cool metal jewelry
So, Etsy is just a neat place to see crafty stuff.  

Umberella

CassieConnors11

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:19 am
I think I found a place to get alll my christmass shopping done.  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:20 am
I have been wanderign around and just wonder if there are any clothes onsale on this website? I am not used to how it displays things yet.  

CassieConnors11

[Grendel]

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:50 pm
CassieConnors11
I have been wanderign around and just wonder if there are any clothes onsale on this website? I am not used to how it displays things yet.

Yep. If you look at the top click on "catagories". Then scroll down and you'll find the clothing section.  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:14 pm
Looks like a great place. :/

Pity I'm only 15..

Ah well, I guess there's always ebay for selling my things.

Ayeaka

i-am-upsidedown

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:23 am
Oh my gosh. I'm new to this guild and then is like a heaven-send to me. Thank you so much for posting this site. I can't wait until I can start my own shoppe. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:24 pm
Umberella
My name is happychildhood on Etsy. I started my goodies for sale at low prices and I've sold some stuff. I heart Etsy! It is really inexpensive to sell things and you get to have a little shop of all your goodies that can just sit there for months if no one buys anything.
Also, you get to see what other crafty people are making.
I need to learn how to use a drop spindle so I can spin my own yarn!
Yes, lots of crafty people visit there and get inspired (me too!), but there are things I don't want to have to make myself and things other people have spent years perfecting.
I bought a drop spindle too! I still haven't quite figured it out. I did figure out how to start the spinning, but stuff like drafting... I'm not very good at. sweatdrop  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

spacekitten

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:24 am
Tes
~
how well do things sell there?
I mean the number of people who are shopping and are not crafty is important and it doesn't seem to have the popularity or exposure as some bigger sites.
It is nice that it's specialized though.

~

I think the idea is that its a springboard to selling things. Once you set-up shop there, you should try to tell EVERYONE the URL and what you're selling to gather some custamers. They take care of site making and hosting so you have a lot less to worry about while you start out.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff