Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
The Ouija board.--Question for all on page 3. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:32 pm
Yes, the board where you can talk to sprits/ demons.

I am going to get one at the store next weekend, all of my friends are weak and so am I. XD. I heard things can get really scary. heres a story from someone to me: :

First off, a Ouija board is not a toy! I have not really used one seriously since around 1989. I can tell you that several absolutely unexplainable things happened of which I will not go into too much detail in this particular forum. While all of the things that happened were freaky, one in particular involved driving to a location that the board spelled out for myself and my girlfriend (at the time). We didn't know if the address actually existed but thought we'd go there since it wasn't too far away if it really did exist (this was before the days of the Internet when I could have looked it up on Yahoo or Mapquest). When we got there, we could not believe that the address was real, but neither of us was willing to get out of the car and knock on the door (looking back, I almost wish we had). When we got back to her place, the first thing the board spelled out was, "I saw you outside my window." This is not a joke. This happened and it is one of several incidents. My girlfriend got scared and didn't want to play anymore and I've not really touched the board since. I can't explain the things that happened. I only know that several unexplainable things occurred and that I am telling the truth. The unknown is fun and exciting, but it can also be scary and dangerous! Play at your own risk!

Im scared some, plus one of my freinds told me he was once possed by a demon who came out of the board.
So please, I ask of everyone, pray for my friends and I, and give me your knowleege on the board, I need as much help as possible, I know this is not a game, and I dont want to get hurt/ possed, nither one of my friends.

Thanks for reading and please, please, please! I'm begging give me your words of wisdom and help on what I/ my friends can do. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:43 pm
Well, first, I don't believe in demons. I believe that spirits can be mean/dangerous/tricksters, but never compeltely "evil".

Second, when contacting spirits, you can specifically tell the bad/evil spirits that they are not allowed there. I don't recall who told me (I think my Priestess), but I remember that you have to tell spirits that they specifically may enter only if they are kind and well-meaning unless you want trouble.

That's just what I've been told, though.  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:49 pm

To avoid any kind of posession, drawing a magic circle around your workspace is strongly suggested. However, when drawing one, BE SURE no one leave it without properly doing so, as it can put a hole in it, welcoming unwanted visitors.

I don't know the exact process by heart, try looking something up on Witchvox or Google.

Remember, the spirits you contact can get bored sometimes and leave. It's important you don't force it to come back. I see it as the way you would treat a faerie. Be nice and polite to it, and it can be a valuable experience, but piss on off and you'd best start running for the hills. Do not tell the spirit to come back. If you learn it's name, you may invite it.

Also, I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I've heard someone actually succeeded in contacting the elementals (salamanders, undines, slyphs, and gnomes) and used their power to further divine the ritual through the Quija board.

But be careful with what you read on Quija boards, 5 scared girls at a slumber party, will be 5 brave girls telling a story, if you catch my drift.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:52 pm
There is also the idea that the Ouji board let's the subconcious speak, which might make sense, as people are the one's touching it. Then again, eretheral powers may be able to influence the sbconcious, as (I beleive) we are all connected to a universal subconcious (can't remember the correct definition of the top of my head, but it explains how the ancient Chinese had a god of the south pole when they'd never been to the south pole area).

I can't touch a Ouji board unless a have strong protections, due to the sensitivity levels in my family. My physical state also attracts malovent(sp?) energies that might try to take advantage of me, so subtract a few more points from this tool. sweatdrop I've tried one once, and the 'answers' were lies, and I had a slightly foreboding feeling about it.  

Jameta
Captain

Akwila

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:57 pm
ouija boards can be very dangerous. my seggestion is A) do not use it, or B) make sure evry one involved is totally serious. it would help if they were witches, cuz then they would know how to concentrate thier energies, and how to put up a maintain the magick circle. so when and if you do this, make sure they are fully aware of what they are doing, and make sure that if you contact a specific spirit, that it has only crossed over recently, as that it may be reincarnated in a body, and that can cause problems.....and when calling them be polite, they may not wish to be disturbed. and if they become, unwelcome, then ask them to leave, politely!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:29 am
first of I'd suggest you cleanse it and make a phychic shield around it to let nothing evil, dark or negative get near it. A shielding spell around yourself wouldn't hurt at all if you don't know how to there are some out there...( http://www.avatarsearch.com/ is a great place to search for occult things some of the sites it brings can be junk but others are ok)

Now personally I won't ever touch a Oujia board mostly becase I'm sensitive to emotions and even if it was new there would be people in the world thats connected on the other planes of existence [there is beleived to be 7 including this one] and they could have their horror or fright wrapped around the board... also I can hear the past, faintly, but its there sometimes, like deja-vus it just appears... now I'm talking about myself gotta stop sweatdrop

and as all the others have said treat the spirits with respect try not to ask anything about their death too (it could upset them, but this is intuition speaking)  

Rakei

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:47 am
Hermetic

To avoid any kind of posession, drawing a magic circle around your workspace is strongly suggested. However, when drawing one, BE SURE no one leave it without properly doing so, as it can put a hole in it, welcoming unwanted visitors.

I don't know the exact process by heart, try looking something up on Witchvox or Google.

Remember, the spirits you contact can get bored sometimes and leave. It's important you don't force it to come back. I see it as the way you would treat a faerie. Be nice and polite to it, and it can be a valuable experience, but piss on off and you'd best start running for the hills. Do not tell the spirit to come back. If you learn it's name, you may invite it.

Also, I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I've heard someone actually succeeded in contacting the elementals (salamanders, undines, slyphs, and gnomes) and used their power to further divine the ritual through the Quija board.

But be careful with what you read on Quija boards, 5 scared girls at a slumber party, will be 5 brave girls telling a story, if you catch my drift.
I understand what you're saying about the spells, and about the board, but I'm not going to contact any elements any time soon dearie, believe that. I am fist up making sure that I learn what is needed to protect my self and my friends compeletely, I dont have time to "fool around" with something and get somebody hurt.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:53 am
Jameta
There is also the idea that the Ouji board let's the subconcious speak, which might make sense, as people are the one's touching it. Then again, eretheral powers may be able to influence the sbconcious, as (I beleive) we are all connected to a universal subconcious (can't remember the correct definition of the top of my head, but it explains how the ancient Chinese had a god of the south pole when they'd never been to the south pole area).

I can't touch a Ouji board unless a have strong protections, due to the sensitivity levels in my family. My physical state also attracts malovent(sp?) energies that might try to take advantage of me, so subtract a few more points from this tool. sweatdrop I've tried one once, and the 'answers' were lies, and I had a slightly foreboding feeling about it.
I kinda think I understand what you're saying in the first paragraph, but I dont get the second. So if I have good physical abilities, then sprits can be after me for my body? And I completely understand getting those evil feelings, they happen to me somtimes.  

QueenCrystal

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:56 am
akwila
ouija boards can be very dangerous. my seggestion is A) do not use it, or B) make sure evry one involved is totally serious. it would help if they were witches, cuz then they would know how to concentrate thier energies, and how to put up a maintain the magick circle. so when and if you do this, make sure they are fully aware of what they are doing, and make sure that if you contact a specific spirit, that it has only crossed over recently, as that it may be reincarnated in a body, and that can cause problems.....and when calling them be polite, they may not wish to be disturbed. and if they become, unwelcome, then ask them to leave, politely!
Well one of them is a witch, and im getting there, he's teaching me how to concentrate my powers too, and im going to teach it to my other friend. Beleive me, I dont use the board for a while until I am sure that I know EVERY thing needed in order to stay save and make sure everything that is read isnt "Jiggerish"

I will be polite. when I first play the game I will say "Began" then i'll Ask the spirts how are they doing and nice things like that. When I think they're getting restless I'll ask them if they want me to leave.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:06 am
Rakei
first of I'd suggest you cleanse it and make a phychic shield around it to let nothing evil, dark or negative get near it. A shielding spell around yourself wouldn't hurt at all if you don't know how to there are some out there...( http://www.avatarsearch.com/ is a great place to search for occult things some of the sites it brings can be junk but others are ok)

Now personally I won't ever touch a Oujia board mostly becase I'm sensitive to emotions and even if it was new there would be people in the world thats connected on the other planes of existence [there is beleived to be 7 including this one] and they could have their horror or fright wrapped around the board... also I can hear the past, faintly, but its there sometimes, like deja-vus it just appears... now I'm talking about myself gotta stop sweatdrop

and as all the others have said treat the spirits with respect try not to ask anything about their death too (it could upset them, but this is intuition speaking)
I have a questions. What do you mean by you're sensitive to emotions? and thanks for the site that I can use.  

QueenCrystal

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:09 am
Atma311
Well, first, I don't believe in demons. I believe that spirits can be mean/dangerous/tricksters, but never compeltely "evil".

Second, when contacting spirits, you can specifically tell the bad/evil spirits that they are not allowed there. I don't recall who told me (I think my Priestess), but I remember that you have to tell spirits that they specifically may enter only if they are kind and well-meaning unless you want trouble.

So...you're saying if I begin the board, and then say. "evil sprits arent welcome, leave now" or something, wouldnt that cause them to get mad and want to damage one of my friends or me, physically?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:28 am
QueenCrystal
Rakei

I have a questions. What do you mean by you're sensitive to emotions? and thanks for the site that I can use.

I'm empathic I can get overwhelmed by others strong emotions like happyness, anger, sadness...etc. it happens sometimes that when I'm Sad I just switch over to by over happy without even maning to or when i'm happy someone walks past me and suddenly I'm pissed off for no reason what-so-ever...  

Rakei

Keistera

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:40 am
akwila

*cough* 'Pardon me, but you really don't have to be a witch to know how to concentrate your energies. Those involved with the metaphysical aren't always witches. stare I'm sure people outside Witchcraft are fully capable of concentrating their energies...

A Ceremonial Magician can also build and maintain a "Magic(k) Circle"(tm)... it isn't just a witch/wiccan thing, and I'm certain it existed long before that.

If you're so afraid of the Ouija Board, then don't use it. Some entities might feed off that fear and use it to their advantage - you know, playing tricks, messing with your mind. If you're fully expecting bad things to happen, then they will.

I recieved a Ouija board for Christmas when i was 10 or 11. I didn't know much about them, aside from Unsolved Mysteries stories and such. I went into a room with it when I was home alone, and sat down. After several minutes, I got into contact with a "spirit". He told me his name (Aaron K.), and that he lived during the 1800s, died in 1845 - around the time of an expedition that I was quite interested in at the time. He went on to tell me that he didn't like a certain John Torrington, who died on this expedition, because of something minor... can't recall what it was. I proceeded to tell him off, and he never came back. I haven't been able to use that board since, nothing happens. I feel no fear around it. I'm not as patient now as I used to be, though... or maybe I am and just haven't tried.

Anyway, this is turning into a novel. stare So, I'll end by saying, wait until you and your friends are fully prepared before playing with the world of the occult. Make sure you have intent, and not doing it "just 'cause it might be fun". Oh, and if you absolutely must, be sure you pray for protection to whatever Gods you follow, to cover all bases. Do a bit of research, too, so you know how to better prepare yourself and your friends.

... I sound like I'm preaching, though I certainly don't mean to. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:40 pm
QueenCrystal
Atma311

So...you're saying if I begin the board, and then say. "evil sprits arent welcome, leave now" or something, wouldnt that cause them to get mad and want to damage one of my friends or me, physically?
I would probably say negative energies instead of "evil spirits"; some malevolent spirits don't consider themselves such, and a "non-evil" spirit could do you harm if it is angered enough. By saying "negative energies", your preventing any bad stuff coming from normally "good" sources as well as the bad ones. 3nodding

Also, I don't think Parker Brothers makes the Ouija Board anymore; I recommend the Cryptique Board...it's pretty much the same thing, but made by a company in Salem, rather than the company that brings you Chutes and Ladders, and other games.  

blukattt
Crew

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:32 pm
QueenCrystal
Atma311

Actually, I was saying there wouldn't be any bad spirits contacting you if you don't invite them to do so. Basically, ask that only good, well-meaning spirits to contact you. Inviting "any and all spirits" to talk to you is A BAD IDEA.

@ Keistera: Thanks for your input. I was never sure if you could use a Ouija board alone until you said you had done so.

@ Blu: Thanks for the book title. I might look it up. I'm actually a bit interested in getting a ouija board myself (once I get some money sweatdrop )  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff