Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you know?
  no
  ya
View Results

kei-chan93

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:50 pm
i finished watching all of kenshin exept the manga and i wanna know if they are different or not baecause i have never read a single manga in my life!I know its sad isnt it?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:42 pm
There are differences....personally I like the manga better.  

KamiyaReflection

Tophtwin2212

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:22 pm
Ya, for me, when then stopped the anime for the new season to come, I read the manga, and I saw differences... I think its because not many people read manga, so they put things in the original anime IN Japan in the manga.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:52 pm
The differences are like night and day.

The anime was never properly ended. There was a filler arc, which left no one satisfied. An OVA called Seisouhen was created which featured a badly butchered version of the manga's final arc, then tacked on a stupid tragic ending that contradicts canon in every way possible.

The manga ends with the Jinchuu Arc. Spoilers in white... Yukishiro Enishi, the vengeful brother of Kenshin's first wife Tomoe shows up with five other thugs called the Rokutai. They attack everyone and everything dear to Kenshin. It culminates in Kenshin believing Kaoru dead and having a nervous breakdown. He flees to Rakuninmura and rots there for two weeks until he's pulled out of his depression by a berserker incident in Tokyo that Yahiko is trying to stop by himself.

Having found his "answer", Kenshin goes with everyone to the island that Enishi is keeping Kaoru on and fights him. In the end, he beats Enishi by making him go deaf and then using the HMR ougi on him.

After this he marries Kaoru, they have their son and raise him together in peace. There is no leaving the dojo to wander again, no trips to China, no weird diseases and no early death for our sweet little redhead and those he loves.

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

kei-chan93

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:38 am
Shinobi 1977

The anime was never properly ended. There was a filler arc, which left no one satisfied. An OVA called Seisouhen was created which featured a badly butchered version of the manga's final arc, then tacked on a stupid tragic ending that contradicts canon in every way possible.

The manga ends with the Jinchuu Arc. Spoilers in white... Yukishiro Enishi, the vengeful brother of Kenshin's first wife Tomoe shows up with five other thugs called the Rokutai. They attack everyone and everything dear to Kenshin. It culminates in Kenshin believing Kaoru dead and having a nervous breakdown. He flees to Rakuninmura and rots there for two weeks until he's pulled out of his depression by a berserker incident in Tokyo that Yahiko is trying to stop by himself.

Having found his "answer", Kenshin goes with everyone to the island that Enishi is keeping Kaoru on and fights him. In the end, he beats Enishi by making him go deaf and then using the HMR ougi on him.

After this he marries Kaoru, they have their son and raise him together in peace. There is no leaving the dojo to wander again, no trips to China, no weird diseases and no early death for our sweet little redhead and those he loves.
so the manga has a better ending than the ova ending??????wow if only i had money to buy the manga and if only they sold them here lol  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:48 pm
exactly how many manga's are there? i've read 24 of them and have yet to get ahold of the 25th one that just came out. =/ i wanna know how much longer until the end of the series. i wanna read it all!! mrgreen  

Sugoi Shoujo

samuraichikX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:48 pm
it's a bit different, like some characters not in the anime are in the manga and some clips that are in the anime arent in the manga and stuff like that, but it's still really good, i wouldnt not read it.

it does say things differently too ex. Kenshin says Kaoru-dono not "Miss Kaoru"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:17 pm
Though the main story line is basically the same with Kenshin and the gang going to defeat Shishio in Kyoto. There are defintly difference here and there. Like that small story wiht the pirate. That doesnt happen in the manga. And the story with Yutaro is different in the manga then it is in the anime.

To me the manga is better because it came striaght from Watsukis wonderful mind. and wasnt alteretred like the anime though the anime is also good you have to admit that.  

Sky~Samurai

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:34 am
Sugoi Shoujo
exactly how many manga's are there? i've read 24 of them and have yet to get ahold of the 25th one that just came out. =/ i wanna know how much longer until the end of the series. i wanna read it all!! mrgreen

There are 28 manga volumes plus two epilogue stories, Yahiko no Sakabatou and Haru ni Sakura in the Kenshin Kaden.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:15 pm
Yes, the manga is way different. The ending to it is much better, I just finished off my collection. cool ... but the last couple are only downloaded on my computer. sweatdrop I have to wait until I can actually get them here.  

Rise-OTD

Sugoi Shoujo

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:50 pm
Shinobi 1977
Sugoi Shoujo

There are 28 manga volumes plus two epilogue stories, Yahiko no Sakabatou and Haru ni Sakura in the Kenshin Kaden.

i'm so close to finishing it!!!! xD as for the anime, i do believe that they put the sumo wrestler episode in there, and i don't think that was in the manga.... but the anime was what i first saw, and i love it, but the manga is still much better in my opinion after reading (almost all of) it. mrgreen i hope to see the rest of the anime at some point though... i've seen all of it up to Shishio, and then bits and pieces of the Shishio story..  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:10 pm
kas193
Shinobi 1977

so the manga has a better ending than the ova ending??????wow if only i had money to buy the manga and if only they sold them here lol
you should save up money and buy them online.. wink  

NkGuy

NkGuy

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:14 pm
where I live the latest one out is 26 so I have two more volumes to collect and yes the anime is way way way different from the manga... I wish the anime would've been done by Noburo Watsuki  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:06 am
I don't now  

file reports

4,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Requiems Lullaby

4,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:38 pm

The difference is.. the manga has the Jinchuu Arc after the Shishio fight.
While the anime, after Kenshin defeated Shishio, had random stories in it.
I personally like the manga better.

~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces