Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Dark Mark Bag Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Being a huuuuge Harry Potter fan, I decided to make myself a Dark Mark Bag. I knitted it up with a combination of intarsia and fair isle techniques. I tell you... the liner of the bag and putting on the zipper almost killed me. crying I found the perfect purse straps at JoAnn Fabrics for 30% off. biggrin All in all, I think it looks pretty good. A bit of sparkly bling around the outside of it to make it kinda cute. I took the time to add a pocket to the liner... and I'm totally glad I did. I get a lot of change! eek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:12 pm
Wow, you did a great job on that. Kudos for actually getting the liner and zipper in, if it were my project I'd probably never get that part of it done.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

anneadeline

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:51 pm
It looks fantastic! You did a great job on the design for the dark mark. Did you design it yourself?
Just wondering, about how big is it?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:10 pm
Forest Green: Trust me... I almost gave up with at the zipper. I'd line it up, pin it, sew it, and it would somehow become lopsided in the sewing. I'd rip the seam, try again and same thing. I ended up hand sewing the zipper in. gonk I was never so happy to finish something.

anneadeline: It's about 12 inches x 12 inches. I got the pattern here. Her's looks a bit different. I did the sparkles different (she went around the green parts like cross stitch, while I mimiced the knit stitches with sparkly embroidery floss) and I went with a lighter green (I thought her green was too dark). Knitting it was fun. Sewing in the liner and zippers.... were not. domokun

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

atticus_blackwolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:03 am
I bow down to your awesome knitting skillz( notice the z It's my attempt at being cool sweatdrop ) I like it  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:19 am
*blinks*

Wow... being someone who can't knit that just blows me away. sweatdrop I mean, it probably would anyway but daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

You rock!  

onnawaffle

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:20 am
How awesome!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:48 am
That's really amazing! Congratulations! (I would've folded under all that pressure. x.x)  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

gemini6184

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:01 pm
Wow that looks amazing!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:53 pm
Thanks for the kind words everyone!!!! heart  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

firrantello

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:55 pm
*jawdrop*

*fangirls* it's great! I LOVE IT!

seriously... i will have to try that... *fangirls some more*  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:21 pm
You just might have inspired me.
>w<
I've always been of the opinion that those knitted/crocheted bags looked a little too old-lady-ish, but this is so awesome, I'm sure anyone would use it (assuming they like HP +_+; )!
The straps look perfect with it! You're really lucky to have found them, and at such a good price ^^  

Progidus

Jehnaier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:55 pm
Oh, goddamn. That is AWESOME. Like, totally. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:39 pm
yesh it looks lovely

i hope you put batting into it so it is nice and sturdy biggrin  

ryoaie

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:50 pm
ryoaie
yesh it looks lovely

i hope you put batting into it so it is nice and sturdy biggrin
It doesn't need batting. The yarn I used is pretty stiff and very sturdy. I can see it pilling one day, but not losing it's shape. 3nodding  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff