Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
some of the thing's I've knitted, come see. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:27 pm
here's a gryffindor scarf I made, my first real project was making one of these... and as I was very new to knitting it turned out like crap. ^^
so I made a new one that I love, and here it is.
User Image
User Image
User Image

here is a scarf I was going to make for... well a jerk I have had the misfortune of knowing, and falling in love with. *cough*
so in the end I cept it for myself... its really, really fuzzy and I just love it.
User Image
here are some "punk" gloves that I made.
I put little green 'X' along the sides that I think look really cool.
User Image

so what do you think? ^^'  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:03 pm
Wow, those are great! I love the Griffindor scarf and the punk gloves.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:02 pm
Those are really nice scarves! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:39 pm
aww, thank you. 3nodding
I am very fond of all of them, though the gloves don't do much to keep your fingers worm, there still fun. ^^  

Lee Kushrenada

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:57 pm
The whole point of fingerless gloves is to leave the fingers free to work. My hands have always been cold in winter, even indoors. Fingerless gloves are the perfect solution to typing or crocheting with cold hands.
I need to work on my knitting skills so that I can make some that will fit me. I've got quite a few crochet projects to finish before I get to practice knitting again though.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:47 pm
yes they are very nice for that.
I sould learn how to crochet just so I know how to make some of the things you guys talk about. 3nodding  

Lee Kushrenada

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:57 pm
I have seen beautiful things made with both knitting and crochet together. I find crochet easier, but I learned it first.
I need to get better at knitting so I can make things that just don't seem practical as crocheted items. Example: socks, gloves

Someday I'll get pics of some of my finished items uploaded to photobucket so I can share them with you guys.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:44 pm
I leaned how to knit about 9 months ago I think, maybe not that long ago but its been over 6 months.
now I don't even have to look at what I'm doing if I'm just flat up knitting, its great if you want to watch a movie, and some day I hope I can read and knit at the same time. xd xd xd
I know what really helped me to learn, is I went down town to a knitting/yarn store, and I got my first set of knitting stuff, and she showed me how.
a real purson showing you how to do things go's a long way in my book!
just know that its not a snap, and that you'll have to work at it, but it WILL come to you. 3nodding  

Lee Kushrenada

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:49 am
Thanks for the encouragement. biggrin I can knit lovely rectangles but I haven't learned to increase and decrease yet, and I only know one method of casting on. I'm not very good at pattern stitches yet either. I keep meaning to start a project that I'll have to learn new skills with but crochet projects keep popping up for me to do and they all seem to have deadlines. I'm working on crocheting apliques to sew on to kitchen linens right now. It will be a wedding gift for my cousin and the wedding is coming up in about a month. I'm also working on crocheting a case for our Native American flute but that got put aside so I can finish the wedding gift in time. Eventually I will get to start another knitting project though. We have a local yarn shop now and I'd love to take their sock class if they offer it over the summer.  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:37 pm
I know what you mean, knitting a straight line is so nice and easy, you don't have to think about it. blaugh
well adding and decreasing is really easy. 3nodding I leaned how from this sight, it has lots of really great vidoe's. 3nodding
http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/increase.php

that sounds really nice! I bet they'll love them. you have to show me how they came out when your dune. 3nodding
I once made a case for my ipod befor I got a real one, it was nice and fuzzy. lol.
I too want to learn how to make socks, I think they would be great in the winter to just wear around the house.  

Lee Kushrenada

Miyaka-san

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:31 pm
i've knitted socks before, but I had problems with it. I had gaps on the sides of the sock and on the bottom. sweatdrop It just takes alot of practice.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:14 pm
so once again I've started on my sweater.
I don't know how long its bean in the works, but its been a little wile now.
I've made the front and the back, and now I'm working on the first sleave, so fare I've got about 5 intches of the 21 I need.

but now I've found people I can do it with!
I just found out that there's a coffee house downtown that has a knitting night every Thursday! blaugh
there trying to make the worlds longest scarf! 22 miles, they say it should take 54 years. xd but hay, why not, right?  

Lee Kushrenada

enlith

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:43 pm
very nice!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:37 pm
i love fuzzy things so naturaly i love that fuzzy scarf........  

HK123

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:52 pm
Those look really good. 3nodding

As for crochet, it's also not so bad as it seems. I tried using a number of different resources to learn and I had no luck. It just didn't seem like anything I could learn. Then I picked up Happy Hooker from the same person who wrote Stitch n b***h, and that totally worked for me. I finally get crochet, which is something that makes me happy because now I have more craft options. I can also do patterns that require knit and crochet.

I'd really recommend that book if you want to learn crochet. It's unfortunate that it doesn't have more manly or neuter patterns, though.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff